Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: We Need An East Coast U.s.a. Meet
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2
gerbilfromhell
yeah, there's the u.k. meet, the west coast u.s. meet, and i think it's time us east-coasters got our meet biggrin.gif just like an idea of who can come and where you'd like it to be.

o, and that means i can go, and i'd perfer it in nyc (seein as that's where i live and there's so much to do)
hinsley
cant ya come to the west coast meet?

actually saying that i might not be there for 3 good reasons. one of them being im too lazy to get a job for the money i need to get there.
gerbilfromhell
i COULD, but my parents would NEVER let me. EVER. considering they dun even let me post a pic of me on this forum, there's NO chance they'd let me travel across the country to meet the other forumites. i'm not even positive they'd let me meet them right outside my house. but all i need to do if the meet's in manhattan is just say 'i'm goin ta meet some friends, be back eventually i got my cell etc. etc.'
vicrawr
It'd be super to come! But...I wouldn't be able to make it to NYC...hell, I wouldn't make it outta NC.
Weary Traveler
yeah sounds like a fun idea... but not practical at the moment.. man if I had a car at the moment I'd drive down there from Maine...
Feyliya
I agree, we do need an East Coast meet. Maybe we should do it somewhere where there's good touristy stuff to do. Like Washington DC or something. HEY!!! Why not Charleston, SC? It's pretty, has good stuff to do, and looks great in the fall. ::cough and it's a 5 hour drive from where I live cough::
vicrawr
QUOTE (Feyliya @ Aug 18 2003, 12:01 AM)
I agree, we do need an East Coast meet. Maybe we should do it somewhere where there's good touristy stuff to do. Like Washington DC or something. HEY!!! Why not Charleston, SC? It's pretty, has good stuff to do, and looks great in the fall. ::cough and it's a 5 hour drive from where I live cough::

That sounds super to me! I could always go down there and pick up some Fireworks!!!
gerbilfromhell
i can go newhere basically. as long as my parents let me. which they probably won't............... ah well, mindas well try smile.gif
NummyNums
i say northcarolina like the beach or something... or nyc... cuz i can take the train into nyc.. definantly nyc is a great idea... go gerbil
MoonlightSavingsTime
QUOTE (gerbilfromhell @ Aug 17 2003, 03:25 PM)
i COULD, but my parents would NEVER let me. EVER.

*checks the birthdate on gerbil's profile*

Holy crap, you're about 4 or 5 years younger than I thought. ohmy.gif
vicrawr
QUOTE (NummyNums @ Aug 18 2003, 05:39 PM)
i say north carolina like the beach or something... or nyc... cuz i can take the train into nyc.. definantly nyc is a great idea... go gerbil

Myrtle Beach! Wooo! *Gets all drunk and flashes his boobies*
gerbilfromhell
ok, so can everyone who's posted here come to the meet (and can you come to either nyc or one of the carolinas for it)?
that would be:
me
nummy
irish
moonlight
freyliya
weary traveler
hins
Edward_lover1200
*curses* why did I have to move to the dreaded west coast dry.gif
Weary Traveler
QUOTE (Edward_lover1200 @ Aug 19 2003, 10:28 AM)

I really don't think anyone would mind if you came...

when would this thing be taking place? like do we have any idea of a date for it? i think, depending on the date, I could make it to nyc
Edward_lover1200
QUOTE (Weary Traveler @ Aug 19 2003, 08:45 AM)

when would this thing be taking place? like do we have any idea of a date for it? i think, depending on the date, I could make it to nyc

it's not that they mind...it's that I live in Utah sad.gif and enless YOU wanna talk my parents into letting me go I dont think I'm gonna even be getting out of my room anytime soon blink.gif aka I'm grounded
Weary Traveler
QUOTE (Edward_lover1200 @ Aug 19 2003, 10:47 AM)

it's not that they mind...it's that I live in Utah sad.gif and enless YOU wanna talk my parents into letting me go I dont think I'm gonna even be getting out of my room anytime soon blink.gif aka I'm grounded

ahh.. I see.. poor you *hugs*

well you never know when this thing is going to happen...
Edward_lover1200
good point *hugs back*

will some one free from this hell hole aka Life sad.gif dry.gif
gerbilfromhell
well there's always the west coast meet smile.gif
Oni Usagi
I might be able to come if it's in NYC, but if it's in the Carolina's I don't think I could make it. But most of that really depends on when this would happen.
gerbilfromhell
well then let's take a vote (or have 2 east coast meets........ but then there wouldn't be enuf ppl at either one)
i say nyc
hinsley
i dont think i will ever have enough money to get to that one, im having trouble getting money to go to the west coast one. :S
Weary Traveler
I vote for nyc
gerbilfromhell
QUOTE (hinsley @ Aug 19 2003, 06:24 PM)
i dont think i will ever have enough money to get to that one, im having trouble getting money to go to the west coast one. :S

sad.gif we'll miss ya hins sad.gif
Feyliya
I could make it to one of the Carolinas any time at all. And I can drag Kalina and another Mata-crazy friend with me. As for NYC, well.....I might could make it if it was during one of my breaks (and if I haven't blown all my work-study money), but I'm not sure.

In short, I vote for one of the Carolinas.

If we do do this, and I rent a room, I will be willing to split on it and share with other forumites. Especially Cheese. ::rubs Cheese's penguin:: Well.......maybe not guys.......I mean, it is me.....
vicrawr
you know, maybe it's the grevious amounts of nyquill i've been drinking, but i say since we all can't make it to nyc or carolina's, we have northeast and a southeast meet
gerbilfromhell
there really won't be that many ppl at either meet then....... maybe this won't work after all *sighs* sad.gif
vicrawr
I can count five that would make it. Feyliya and her two friends, Ravein, Noname444, and nummy nums if she wants.
gerbilfromhell
you know that noname can make it? and revein? welp then, maybe we SHOULD have two seperate meets then. i'll miss yous guys tho sad.gif
Weary Traveler
but there will only be like 2 people in NYC.... sad.gif
gerbilfromhell
actually 3 ppl so far. 5 if we can get super k and crazi to go
Weary Traveler
still.. we need to get more...
gerbilfromhell
yeah...... but 5 ppl's not so bad is it? smile.gif still, we should find more....
Weary Traveler
hmm... how about all those people who live in central states?
Feyliya
Cheese said he would try to go to any East Coast meet. Of course, that could be a side effect of me rubbing and CENSORED his penguin......
vicrawr
QUOTE (gerbilfromhell @ Aug 19 2003, 09:52 PM)
you know that noname can make it? and revein? welp then, maybe we SHOULD have two seperate meets then. i'll miss yous guys tho sad.gif

I'm not saying they can, I'm just saying from what they've said, they go to north carolina state university. and that dharma guy too...what's his name? *is soo bad with names*
vicrawr
QUOTE (Edward_lover1200 @ Aug 19 2003, 10:47 AM)

wink.gif Can I seduce your mom? Or dress in your mom's underwear and try to seduce your dad?
NummyNums
I can say go to nyc and id prolly be bringin a freind or two... so yeah.. id thought id bump this... we cant let it die... spring breakw ould be an uber great time to do it dun yah think??
gerbilfromhell
i think that might be a good time, unless public and private skools have vastly different days for spring break
NummyNums
we could do it on a weekedn.. of whoever can only can come on spring brea.. we can do it on there spring berak .. yah know like friday and saturday or just saturday...
Feyliya
I would try my best to come if it is in NY. Maybe I could add visiting my brother to the itinerary and just swing by the Matameet before/during/after the visit......
NummyNums
doublin stuff up always works...
DarkenedSilence
Heh if you're doin the meet in spring break, I'd gladly go if it's in NYC. I'm moving back for the spring semester (hunter college here i come). Side's definatly tons to do in the city. Coney island, galleries, museums, or my personal fave just walking around the village.
Feyliya
Okay, wherever this is held, I will be dragging not 2 but 3 other people along with me. I will kidnap Brent and Jess and Kalina and force them to sing 1,000 bottles of beer on the wall until we reach wherever we're meeting!!!
NummyNums
so it looks like nyc.. now all we need is like a date and stuff.. well a generilized date ne way...
DarkenedSilence
I'd say spring, gives everyone time, an besides central park is so purdy in the spring.
Feyliya
Spring sounds good. Just make it a weekend.
NummyNums
so we got spring.. nyc.. weekend... ne one have a problem with this?
Oni Usagi
Sounds good for now, maybe we should have some 'activities' planned out ahead of time. And where we would meet. Also, should this information be broadcast on this forum? we may consider setting up a gathering time that's convenient for all who may be attending to talk, either on irc or in a chatroom somewhere or something.
Weary Traveler
QUOTE (Oni Usagi @ Aug 26 2003, 11:19 PM)
Sounds good for now, maybe we should have some 'activities' planned out ahead of time. And where we would meet. Also, should this information be broadcast on this forum? we may consider setting up a gathering time that's convenient for all who may be attending to talk, either on irc or in a chatroom somewhere or something.

that sounds like a good idea to me.. sprong should work fine.. ley figure out some exact dates though so I can make plans abd check calanders
vicrawr
Well guys, I hate to say it, but anything other than a meet in the SC area or such I won't be able to make it to. I'm sorry, but I do hope you guys have loads of fun!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.