Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Backslang
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daft
WeeJ
Does anyone speak backslang? I guess our American chums probably won't have heard of this but I was just wondering how well it's known...

olagi walagas julagust wolagundelering. (i was just wondering)
Polocrunch
Are there any rules to that language, or is it just double-dutch?
salubri_14
ang na ang na sulakihin sumaskidot mokomoko...

heheh... i bet nobody can decipher it...

hurrah for me... laugh.gif laugh.gif
Edward_lover1200
I know I cant blink.gif

BTW welcome biggrin.gif
WeeJ
QUOTE (Polocrunch @ Aug 19 2003, 09:48 AM)
Are there any rules to that language, or is it just double-dutch?

You add certain syllabals to the middle and end of a word.

For example...the word 'dog' is ponouced 'dolagog' (dol-a-gog)

molagy nalagame ilagis Welegel ilageje alagand ologi alagam talagalk ilaging cralagap.
(My name is WeeJ and I am talking crap.)

Its harder to write down than it is to speak.
salubri_14
thanks, man... i thought im not welcome here...

wow this forum's cool... actually i landed here by chance...

wazzup, guys???
WeeJ
QUOTE (salubri_14 @ Aug 19 2003, 10:08 AM)

wazzup, guys???

Welcome and st00f
Edward_lover1200
QUOTE (salubri_14 @ Aug 19 2003, 03:08 AM)

wow this forum's cool... actually i landed here by chance...

wazzup, guys???

nada over here...I'm the Forums night owl who never sleeps tongue.gif nice to know you...

as you post more you will see I' am by far one of the scaryest posters dry.gif laugh.gif soo just have fun and Welcome....You can be my n00b if you want?
salubri_14
QUOTE (Edward_lover1200 @ Aug 19 2003, 10:21 AM)
[nada over here...I'm the Forums night owl who never sleeps tongue.gif nice to know you...

as you post more you will see I' am by far one of the scaryest posters dry.gif laugh.gif soo just have fun and Welcome....You can be my n00b if you want?

its ok wit me pals... im a dreadful ass as well... maybe, not???heheh laugh.gif
salubri_14
QUOTE (WeeJ @ Aug 19 2003, 10:21 AM)
Welcome and st00f

thanks weej...

ye two, edward_lover and you weej are my 1st 2 cool doods out here... laugh.gif
Edward_lover1200
QUOTE (salubri_14 @ Aug 19 2003, 03:24 AM)
QUOTE (Edward_lover1200 @ Aug 19 2003, 10:21 AM)
[nada over here...I'm the Forums night owl who never sleeps tongue.gif nice to know you...

as you post more you will see I' am by far one of the scaryest posters dry.gif  laugh.gif soo just have fun and Welcome....You can be my n00b if you want?

its ok wit me pals... im a dreadful ass as well... maybe, not???heheh laugh.gif

LOL...yay I have another n00b...ok PM me if you need to know anything....orrrrr IM me at Edward_lover1200@yahoo.com tongue.gif
I just love helping n00b's cause I remeber being one...hell I think I still am...just a very spam whorish one laugh.gif
laura_20
hey guys....
Nice to meet u all......
Well i work with young people and at the moment they have a thing about backslang!! I cant seem to get the hang of it any ideas???
elphaba2
In my town we used to call it Gibberish--basically you add "liga" between each syllable of each word. So it's the first letter + "lig" + rest of first syllable.

Iligin mahligy toligown weligee ulagoost toligoo caligall iligit Giligibaligierligish.

edit: also: necropost! Plus ten batwings and hissing potions.
oobunnie
blink.gif Say who what now. You youngsters and your crazy hooligan ideas.
immy191
i speak backslang where you add a vg in every sylable i didnt no there were so many diffrent ways of backslang i thought there was only one lmao x
Raven-Mad
I was taught that backslang was that you ovedma heta irstfa etterla ota heta ndea ndaa ddaa naa aa.
Phyllis
Ooo, double necropost. 2003 and 2006! And aww, oobunnie and WeeJ.
Novander
QUOTE (Raven-Mad @ Jun 22 2008, 06:40 PM) *
I was taught that backslang was that you ovedma heta irstfa etterla ota heta ndea ndaa ddaa naa aa.

Isn't that just pig latin?
Raven-Mad
yes the same as Pig Latin, Not sure if i'm right that is what i was taught as a child.
bug0112
*waves* I speak it! The way I do it is to put "uvag" between the first letter and the rest of the word...or syllable...so 'hi' becomes 'huvagi' . Took a while to pick up, but now I speak it all the time with my sister to annoy the rest of the family biggrin.gif
Prilagint
QUOTE (WeeJ @ Aug 19 2003, 09:45 AM) *
Does anyone speak backslang? I guess our American chums probably won't have heard of this but I was just wondering how well it's known...

olagi walagas julagust wolagundelering. (i was just wondering)

Helagelelago ilagi thoughlagought ilaga halagad drealageamt ilagit, thalagank Golagod therlagere alagare olagotherlagers lilagike melage oulagot thelagere.

I have been searching for ages, closest I have got to knowing about it, is that it origionated in Woolverhampton. I learnt it at school (not a subject), some of the kids were speaking it and I picked it up.

I even named my busines Prilagint, guess what I do.

Canvas Prints, I'm so glad someone will finally understand, and pronounce the name properly.

James.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.