Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Central Us Meet?
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2
Rattgirl
The Brits have been getting to see each other....then the US Coasts gathered in Mata-unity. But what of those poor souls in the Midwest that have yet to meet another forumite? Is there nothing we can do to save these poor, lonely souls?
Weary Traveler
QUOTE (Goddess of Wheee @ Aug 19 2003, 10:27 PM)
The Brits have been getting to see each other....then the US Coasts gathered in Mata-unity. But what of those poor souls in the Midwest that have yet to meet another forumite? Is there nothing we can do to save these poor, lonely souls?

come to the east coast meet! join us! MWAHAHAHA!... errr.. I mean...
Rattgirl
Can't sad.gif I have to con my mom into buying me a bus ticket to go 2 hours away instate to visit them for a weekend....I'm that broke!
Weary Traveler
QUOTE (Goddess of Wheee @ Aug 19 2003, 10:31 PM)
Can't sad.gif I have to con my mom into buying me a bus ticket to go 2 hours away instate to visit them for a weekend....I'm that broke!

damn... sad.gif *sighs* oh well it was an idea..
Rattgirl
yeah, I want to go...oh well. That's why...dammit there have to be enough of us in the Midwest to make our own meet!
Belldandy
Um, I live in Texas, which is Southern obviously, but Midwest would be closer for me than either of the coasts. Maybe we should just have kind of a "central" U.S. meet. Like in Nebraska or Kansas, those are kind of in the middle--of course why would you want to go to Nebraska of Kansas? Hmmm...maybe Colorado?
Or Texas--that would make me happy... but a little far away for you, huh?
Sarah the Spider
I like in Okla-damn-homa. That's pretty much the epitome of central right there.

Want to come to the city? Um...we could...well...jeez this place is boring...go to the...err...zoo?

A bit far for some though...

sad.gif
VVes
QUOTE (Belldandy @ Aug 19 2003, 10:03 PM)
Um, I live in Texas, which is Southern obviously, but Midwest would be closer for me than either of the coasts. Maybe we should just have kind of a "central" U.S. meet. Like in Nebraska or Kansas, those are kind of in the middle--of course why would you want to go to Nebraska of Kansas? Hmmm...maybe Colorado?
Or Texas--that would make me happy... but a little far away for you, huh?

Chicago...yeah ... I was born there.., it's kixazz
Prince Aries
*nods* I completely understand how you feel Goddess. I was thinking about that too. You and I could meet.........least then we could swap DVD's back laugh.gif

But in all seriousness, a Central US Meet would be great, but there's not many of us. We could definitely try and rouse up some attention and see what happens. I have a feeling it would be a lot like how we used to hang out, Goddess laugh.gif Ah good times.

But this is why I'm going to the West Coast Meet. I didnt know there was really interesting around here for it. I could always take you with me to West Coast and we could tag team on Cheese! laugh.gif
monkey_called_narth
yeah im only 17... but i could definatly drive to somthing in the central... (heh if it was illinois that would so kick but) but i could probibly go to that... as long as i found somewhere to stay... missouri would be a great place to have it too... dude you guys we should have a mata-zone camp out somewhere that way everyone would aHve a place to stay. and we could all see how long it takes for us to maim each other
Feyliya
I could probably make it to a Central US meet on top of the East Coast one. So long as it's during a time I have off from college. And I could probably get Kalina and another friend to come there, too.
Sarah the Spider
I can't drive...my school never gives us a decent holiday...I don't think I'll be able to meet anybody on here! How sad it is!

Meh. I be a lonley little spider. sad.gif
Belldandy
Hey, maybe we should have a spring-break Matazone camping trip--that would rock. Oklahoma would be cool for me, actually if it were much further it would probably be a problem for me, I don't know--right now I'm pretty much broke, but if it were sometime next spring or later, maybe I could make it to Oklahoma. Anyone else in favor of an Oklahoma Southern meet? Of course, we could always have it in Texas, that would just be too good for me. And there is a lot of stuff we could do in Dallas. I don't know exactly what--but it is a really big city.

Here I go, ready to break the "never arrange to meet someone you met online" rule. Hmmph. You know really, as long as you meet people in a nuetral location and you never give them personal information (at least until you really get to know them), I don't think it's too risky. What do you guys think?
Prince Aries
Belldandy, with one exclusion that's the rule I had too. This forum sure changed THAT. And I agree....I never give out personal information or anything like that. But no one's ever even asked for it. I like in Iowa and thats the most I've ever been asked. Only two forumites know my personal info and thats because they know me in person! laugh.gif
Rattgirl
QUOTE (Prince Aries @ Aug 20 2003, 02:07 AM)
But this is why I'm going to the West Coast Meet. I didnt know there was really interesting around here for it. I could always take you with me to West Coast and we could tag team on Cheese! laugh.gif

Ahhhhh just the thought of molesting daddy....Um er yeah..so anyway...

Yeah, I hate being poor. Just a week at someone else's mom's house knocked me back so far it sucks, and I only spent like $10 that whole week. Grrrrrr I need to get paid more. Anyway. I'd gladly go to the West Coast gathering but I'm scrambling enough right now sad.gif.

Anyplace in Illinois could probably be done,....and upper Missouri....but the rest of it..well, no car, no money, ya know.....kinda limited when it comes to transportation options.
monkey_called_narth
dude you guys we should go to branson..... i flipping love it there just look at the options we could go camping because its cheap and there are endless placess to go see (silver dollar city, the famose wax musium, ect) dude i soooo vote for banson missouri!

edit: theres also current rivver in souther missouri (wich is a awsome place for cliff jumping and camping... its also free... if we have canoes) goddess i could possibly meet you somewhere and give you a ride the rest of the way...
Prince Aries
Goddess, Jadestorm, and I all pretty much live right close to each other happy.gif

So we can easily pool our resources together as far as transportation.

Narth - Ever BEEN to Branson Missouri? It's not bad so long as you're toting a bottle of Vodka and a double barrel shotgun laugh.gif Nah, it's kind of kooky....its like Vegas Lite or something.

What we should do is pool together everyone who is really seriously interested and come up with some options. Find out who wants to, and then work on a good central location. Mind you this will probably be the smallest of the Meets, but by god we'll pVVn them all laugh.gif

So far we've got Goddess, Narth, and myself seriously interested. I'll force Jades to go, because I'm all sly like that laugh.gif Who all wants to come play with the Big Boys? laugh.gif
Feyliya
I'll be there, so long as it's during a time I'm off of classes. And maybe we can get Cheese.
Rattgirl
I don't mind Branson so much...yeah it's kitschy, but it's in a harmless cute way smile.gif

*smothers choked laughter on "Vegas Lite"*

There are a lot of great places to gather where it's either cheap or free....it all depends on what everyone wants to do. Me, I'm up for anything, I'm a city and a country girl so I can camp with the best of them and trek through town too smile.gif

What about a camping-type meet where we go spelunking and hiking and camping?
Prince Aries
Fey, if you could get Cheese, I think I'd absolutely smother you with endless lovin laugh.gif

Goddess, those are some good ideas. There really is a lot we can do for cheap and easy for all of us and end up doing well.

So we've got ideas for Branson or camping. Any other thoughts?
Feyliya
Branson sounds good. Spelunking sounds GREAT!!! I haven't gone in ages!!! Maybe rock climbing.........::crosses idea out when she remembers how bad she busted up her knee the last time she went:: dry.gif Kyaking would be fun, too. If there's places to kyak.......I don't know. I've never been out there before.

Fey, if you could get Cheese, I think I'd absolutely smother you with endless lovin

I think I could get Cheese to come.....err......go to Branson. Of course, you'd have to share me with him. wink.gif
Prince Aries
Screw this, let's say we all get tanked and sing show tunes! laugh.gif
Feyliya
::waves her tankard of Jagermeister in the air while singing " Memories"::
Prince Aries
*puts a lampshade on his head and joins Fey*

Lot of good ideas here. Sounds like we're kind of trying to do something a bit different here. I like this. I just hope we can abduct a few more people laugh.gif
Belldandy
Alright! If it's Branson I'm there! Provided I'm off school, but maybe we could do it over a weekend? I'm just not jumping off any cliffs.
Prince Aries
Weekend would be most preferable for all I'm sure Belldandy. And the cliff diving is TOTALLY optional.

............as is the nudity.
Rattgirl
Yeah, with my work schedule a weekend would be the ONLY time I could go tongue.gif I took one vacation already and that totally screwed up my entire month. No more of that for the me!

So it'd be a weekend....it looks like everyone seems to like the Branson idea (although we could go camping just outside Branson, and get the best of both worlds...unsure.gif), so we could go camping in Branson, get drunk and sing showtunes (my vote's on Phantom of the Opera), make s'mores and molest cheese.

How's everyone on that?
Feyliya
Sounds great to me!!! And BTW, I won't be dragging 2 people with me on this trip, I'll be dragging 3. I'm kidnapping Brent, Jess, and Kalina.
Belldandy
So when are we going to do this?
Sarah the Spider
As wicked as all this sounds, I am quite sure the parental units would not be too keen on letting their teenager daughter meet a bunch of her "online friends" in Missouri for a weekend. I would personally love to go...but the mother and the father control all... dry.gif

Take a ton of pictures for me alright?
Rattgirl
*sniffle* *sigh* i shall never meet mommie dearest. Hey, waitasec, did I read somewhere that Aries saw a picture of you? Now I have to harrass him to show it to me.....*puts on evil harrassing eyes*

I dunno, I'm not good at organizing large gatherings (as was attested by my birthday "party" this year)....since I kinda depend on Aries and/or Jades for my transport, I'll leave it to them to throw in my vote tongue.gif
monkey_called_narth
QUOTE (Prince Aries @ Aug 26 2003, 06:04 AM)
Weekend would be most preferable for all I'm sure Belldandy. And the cliff diving is TOTALLY optional.

............as is the nudity.

oh the memories of my childhood... if 6 weeks ago is childhood...
Rattgirl
sure, that counts smile.gif

*bump*
PrincessCadhla
hey I just got in on this thread, I live in Tx....please don't make me read it all and somone give me a quick synopsis!
Feyliya
Basically, we're going to try to meet in Branson some time next spring. That's about it so far.
monkey_called_narth
and were brining vodca for aries....
Rattgirl
Wow, we decided on next spring? When did that happen? lol...That's cool, though. It gives me time to save up some money to actually GET there. Yippee!
monkey_called_narth
spring..... thats when my store should be opening.... we need some dates set
Rattgirl
what's your store? And I vote for NOT during any tourist season.....if spring's the goal why not spring break? We'd know that everyone in school would have a break then, right?

or does Branson get all spoggly during break?
PrincessCadhla
Branson is like vegas without the gambling, and more old people....my mom loves it there...I dunno what it would be like over spring break.
Feyliya
Would it be better spring or summer? I hope that the East Coast and Central US meets are spaced something like that. Otherwise I might end up having to choose between them...
Rattgirl
hmmmm considering how southerly Branson is, I'd personally prefer spring over summer (me and my wussiness towards heat rolleyes.gif) but it's the group's vote on that one.
Feyliya
::Nods head over and over::
Heat bad, heat very very bad, uh huh.
werewolf3361
ok....I'm lost... could some one just PM me and fill me in on everything? I'm over here in California...I have no clue what's going on but a US meet sounds fun... biggrin.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif I don't feel like reading everything and such so if anyone could fill me in on everything that'd be great... biggrin.gif laugh.gif
Rattgirl
In a nutshell, we want to get the Central US folks together in Branson, Missouri next year, probably in the spring.

(Since they're already having a west-coast meet AND and east-coast meet....that Judgy's going to BOTH of....and not bringing me!!!!! sad.gif waaaaaaaahhhhhH!!!!!!)
monkey_called_narth
the last time i went was in the middle of june and it was decent but we were canoeing so we were basickly swimming for a week and wernt really around anyone and for people like me that was awsome (when i say like me i mean "dislicks large groupes of people") but ive stayed in condos there befor and that was decent too... cute guys and everything... but june would probibly the best time to go... hey nd on a upside thats when my birthday is too! but we always went from late may to early june. and a question i had was how long are we plannin gthis to last i dont really want to drive 6 hours to just stay overnight and turn around and come back
Logicman
In a nutshell, we want to get the Central US folks together in Branson, Missouri next year, probably in the spring.

I don't think I'll be able to go, being fourteen, but it would be nice... well, I'll be able to drive in two years, so maybe then... oh, and I'm already saving money for the plane ticket to the Mata meet of four years' future, in the UK.

Why not Chicago instead? I could get my brother to take me, if I have enouh money to bribe him... (If you want to donate some, PM me. tongue.gif )

I gotta go attend a play practice, maybe I'll be back on after.
Rattgirl
I think the general thought was a weekend excursion, hoping we can all stand each other for that long! tongue.gif wink.gif happy.gif

and Logic, Chicago would be sooo wonderfully perfect for me and the rest of the Iowa crew, but we're trying to be nice to those in the Central US that reside around Oklahoma and Texas...get as many of us together as we can, and all that.

why, where are you anyway?
monkey_called_narth
i can definatly do chicago and anyone that needs a ride along the way if they could meet me somwhere i could take them the rest of the way like meet in st louis or somthing
Prince Aries
Vodka for Aries indeed. Find me a real bottle of Absinthe and I promise good times my friends, good times.

Any rate, Spring? Man it's bad enough I have to wait for next summer for the West Coast Meet tongue.gif

And you CAN come with me to that Goddess, I thought I asked you that already dry.gif

I'd personally like to do this a little earlier, but that's just me. Of course, what's stopping any of us from just hanging out anyway laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.