Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What Did You Hum?
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > About the animations
CommieBastard
Okay, in the first LGG animation, Mata said in the introduction that there was no sound, and to "hum something suitably gothic" during the animation. Who put on music? And what did you put on? I saw "suitably gothic" and put on No Time To Cry by the Sisters. It fitted pretty well.
Juiceisgood
I ignored his advice and watched the animation without any music tongue.gif
Mata
People ignoring my advice? Bah! What is the world coming to? wink.gif
oobunnie
I hummed "hot stuff" by Donna Summers

It fit pretty good..really. Disco can cover everything..

*Lookin for some hot stuff baby this evenin, gotta have some hot stuff tonight*

sounds gothic in my happy little world laugh.gif maybe not.. ohwell
Nokros
I just hummed random notes in a minor key.
gerbilfromhell
first time: 'yatta' laugh.gif the begining fit disturbingly well...... and it's not even suitibly gothic biggrin.gif
second time: 'all your base' (please dun hurt me neone unsure.gif )
sjwt
QUOTE (Mata @ Aug 30 2003, 10:24 AM)
People ignoring my advice? Bah! What is the world coming to? wink.gif

common sence most likley,
who would listen to you anyway tongue.gif
Monkey the Rabid Red Rabbit
I hummed "Superstar." Oops. I think I misunderstood the assignment.
VVes
For some reason I was playing "New Order's - Cold Fusion - the Pump Panel Reconstruction Mix" ... I was busy hopping around or something. It worked great in the opening sequence ... then I mixed in "Dig This jive - DJ Krush, for the counselor scene..." yummm...
saucy_tara
Iplayed "Bombs in my Head" by Ultraviolence, and i thought it suited very well....
Sun Tsu
Type O negative - my girlfriends girlfriend the first time, and ''born in a burial gown'' by cradle of filth the second time. methinks both worked well, especially considering that they had that song as the music on MTV2 as Sarah said:

''MY FATHER IS SATAN!'' tongue.gif
Pikasyuu
Love is a Battlefield from Pat Benatar.

I understand if you've disowned me, Mata. >_>
Phyllis
QUOTE (syuu @ Sep 13 2003, 11:45 PM)
Love is a Battlefield from Pat Benatar.

I understand if you've disowned me, Mata. >_>

Oho! And you also did that at me and Lindy's 80's wedding. I feel so honored to have shared your choice of music with LGG. biggrin.gif

I had "Little Bunny Foo Foo" stuck in my head at the time during my second viewing, so I was humming that. I remember this clearly, because I posted the lyrics on the spam thread. The first and one of the only times I've ever posted in there..lol. However, the first time was about 3 am, and I was too worn out to hum anything.

Hmm. "Little Bunny Foo Foo" can be Gothic, right? Maybe if Foo Foo wore some black eyeliner and tight clothes with shiny buckles...... happy.gif
mr scribble
evil bunnies??
like the goth bunnies to which sarah is queen
or at least was...
scipiomexicanus
I had the static x pop-up player from newgrounds goin' seemed to work 4 me...
Jaq
I blatantly ignored Mata on this one. LLG sounds much better without..erm..sound.
acidteardrop
i put on some rammstein. maybe TOO hardcore to be gothic...but hey
Sir Psycho Sexy
god dammit!!!!! Consigliori fitted SO well....right up until it screamed into peel through just as the counsillor asks her about her mother...bugger mata, get modular series to make it looonger and put it to the animation!!! pleeeeease!!
William Wallace
I put on scottish-celtic bagpipes. Suitable for the mood and I like them. cool.gif
Edward_lover1200
I humed "a rose for the dead" it's gothic yes...but I dont think it really fit *laughs* so I tried some "sins of thy beloved" it kinda worked out a little better...*laughs*
Mata
QUOTE (Sir_Psycho_Sexy @ Oct 24 2003, 12:55 PM)
god dammit!!!!! Consigliori fitted SO well....right up until it screamed into peel through just as the counsillor asks her about her mother...bugger mata, get modular series to make it looonger and put it to the animation!!! pleeeeease!!

It's tricky getting them to do anything normal I ask, let alone change songs! Really, they're the most disorganised bunch of individuals I've ever met, and I used to hang around with art students!!!
Mr Fuzzy
Disorganised? Modular Series? Surely not!

I secretly suspect that they plan, with military precision, wandering around randomly getting distracted by shiny things...
Sir Psycho Sexy
ooh, shiney things

/me gets distracted

edit: sorry, got distracted there for a moment, anyway, i tried to make it longer myself...but i decided i couldn't be arsed...and it might be wrong to do it without persmission.....but mainly i couldn't be arsed
Sir Maxerpopple
I prefer no music, adds more to it that way. Forced me to watch the cartoon as opposed to listen to music. But organ music always works fo rme, as well as gregorian chants.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.