Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Talk Like A Pirate Day Site
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daft
Pages: 1, 2, 3
The.Wheezing.Ghost
International talk like a pirate day is coming upon us and we need to be prepared. I found this link on Youthink.com, and found it to be pretty useful. If you go to Arrr then it has some pirate words and pick up lines.

talklikeapirate.com
Industrial Kybosh
Avast! That be a useful resource, me beauty... Yarr...
DarkLunacy
I be feeling a bit taken aback. It shivers me timbers just thinkin that everyone will be wan'in' to talk like a pirate.
cheese is funny
You are ...
The Cap'n
Profile: Some men are born great, some achieve greatness and some slit the throats of any man that stands between them and the mantle of power. You never met a man you couldn't eviscerate. Not that mindless violence is the only avenue open to you - but why take an avenue when you have complete freeway access? You are the definitive Man of Action. You are James Bond in a blousy shirt and drawstring-fly pants. Your swash was buckled long ago and you have never been so sure of anything in your life as in your ability to bend everyone to your will. You will call anyone out and cut off their head if they show any sign of taking you on or backing down. You cannot be saddled with tedious underlings, but if one of your lieutenants shows an overly developed sense of ambition he may find more suitable accommodations in Davy Jones' locker. That is, of course, IF you notice him. You tend to be self absorbed - a weakness that may keep you from seeing enemies where they are and imagining them where they are not.

hehe... that site has a funny quiz... mwahaha....
The.Wheezing.Ghost
Oh, Cool! I didn't even see that there.I'll Have to check that one out. biggrin.gif
Tears.Of.Joy
Where is the quiz you speak of? I do not see it. huh.gif
Jaq
Avast ye matey! Know ye th' nearest flea bag inn? I've a hanker'n to bump bellies with Nasty Nell
Mata
International Talk Like A Pirate Day was the first date to be added to the board's calendar!
Mr Fuzzy
Ware that Nasty Nell. She be in the employ o' the king, and has the pox to boot.
Pixelgoth
Errr.....aaaarrrrr Jim lad wink.gif

Ow's that m' hearties biggrin.gif

*looks around*

What?
kidvicious2punk
hey!

last year my school supported this thing!!

avast ye scurvy dogs.....shver me timbers...i think i found be a nickle made o real metalz...argh biggrin.gif
CovertYawn
Yarr.. this be soundin like a muchly enjoyable special day.. ... ..Yarr.

I's shall definatly be doins this at work on the af-ore-mentioned day.. ..That I be... er.. doin.
kidvicious2punk
holy hell these r the funniest pick up lines!

10 . Avast, me proud beauty! Wanna know why my Roger is so Jolly?

9. Have ya ever met a man with a real yardarm?

8. Come on up and see me urchins.

7. Yes, that is a hornpipe in my pocket and I am happy to see you.

6. I'd love to drop anchor in your lagoon.

5. Pardon me, but would ya mind if fired me cannon through your porthole?

4. How'd you like to scrape the barnacles off of me rudder?

3. Ya know, darliní, Iím 97 percent chum free.

2. Well blow me down?

And the number one pickup line for use on International Talk Like a Pirate Day is Ö

1. Prepare to be boarded.

Bonus pickup lines (when the ones above don't work, as they often won't)
They donít call me Long John because my head is so big.

Youíre drinking a Salty Dog? Howíd you like to try the real thing?

Wanna shiver me timbers?

Iíve sailed the seven seas, and youíre the sleekest schooner Iíve ever sighted.

Brwaack! Polly want a cracker? Ö Oh, wait. Thatís for Talk Like a PARROT Day.

Thatís the finest pirate booty Iíve ever laid eyes on.

Let's get together and haul some keel.

Thatís some treasure chest youíve got there.

he he he he...wanna see why my roger's so jolly?-best one!
Pixelgoth
So what exactly is "chum"? unsure.gif
Mr Fuzzy
It's mainly chicken blood and fish guts. To see chumbuckets in use (in a cartoony sort of way) go to http://www.shawks.net
evilsecret
avast me hearties......for ye olde pirate day i would like to be known as chris. chris the ninja pirate . arg. what exactly do we do in pirate day??smoke opium?? or if thats not involved, can we?? and can we swab the decks...drink rum, slap raw fish at each other...and take advantage of fair maidens and........can we go on a ship????!!!!!!!!!!
Hyperion
I knew the people that began that. Well, my mum did, anyway. Sweet.

And she told me that it was in August and I got all mad that you all had led me on, but then it turned out that you hadn't, and the world was good again AND I can tell my mum she was wrong!
Jaq
QUOTE (evilsecret @ Sep 11 2003, 04:51 AM)
what exactly do we do in pirate day??smoke opium?? or if thats not involved, can we??

okay, hee hee hee...I know this is really off topic but on Tuesday my English prof told us all how to make opium. I've gotta try this out some time!
Hyperion
*glomps Jaq* SHARE!!!
Mr Fuzzy
Oh, it's very simple, but I really wouldn't recommend smoking opium. It really isn't healthy.
Polocrunch
Greatest. Site. Ever. Me beauty.
evilsecret
oh come on.... who cares if its healthy or not. if we do it then we will all talk like pirates as we believe we are one!!!!!! good idea??? i think so!!! bring on le opium matey. and i will also aquire a parrot - just to get into the swing of things... swing. from the masts. i think someone needs to calm down ph34r.gif
Sun Tsu
QUOTE (kidvicious2punk @ Sep 11 2003, 12:30 AM)
holy hell these r the funniest pick up lines!

6. I'd love to drop anchor in your lagoon.

Yarr, that has to be the finest, m'darlin......
Pixelgoth
Bump!

Aaaaaarrrrrr Jim Lad! wink.gif
Juiceisgood
Oh, it's very simple, but I really wouldn't recommend smoking opium. It really isn't healthy.

Actually, apart from the risks involved with smoking anything, opium isn't that unhealthy. Well, it's addictive and you can OD but health wise it's not that bad. And yes, tis very easy... if you have opium poppies. And if you have any send them to the below address... tongue.gif

Nah, that would be silly smile.gif

Arrrggghh!! Hoist the sails! etc. etc. One day to go!
Jaq
Erm...did one of the mods delete my last post? huh.gif

Anywho. 2 more days until TLAP Day!

Yarrrrr.....
Juiceisgood
Hmmm.... It's one for me... or is it today already.... nah, can't be.
CommieBastard
QUOTE (Juiceisgood @ Sep 17 2003, 05:21 PM)
Hmmm.... It's one for me... or is it today already.... nah, can't be.

Bloody Australians. You get Talk Like A Pirate Day earlier, and you don't have to beg distant relatives to send you Milo, finest chocolate drink known to man.
Faerieryn
can I be a chocolate pirate?
Cath Sparrow
Wel it be here me hearties. It be national talk like pirates day! Shiver me timbers an all that! biggrin.gif
MAtt
Arggg no one belives me at my school that it be talk like eh pirate day...yarr
Industrial Kybosh
Yarrr! I be ready for today, I be!

Avast! My good wench has spread the word into Stoke, so if'n ye be sailin' past Gamestation in Hanley, be thee sure to pop in and give her a good "AHOY!".

Yaaaaaarrrrrr!
Pikasyuu
Harr, byarr. I have my scurvy school doin' it right, I do. Yarr!
Logicman
Aye, I at least TOLD me classmaties, but they just be laughin' at po' ol' me...
FurryMammal
yarrrrr, i realised in english and told a few friends who scorned me... so i swung one of them up by the yardarm and the rest walked off the plank into davie jones' locker! yarrrrrrrrrr! davie jones being the guy who sits next to me in chemistry, and the yardarm being some form of swinging arm in the yard. yarrrrrrr, land pirates!
CrazyFooIAintGettinOnNoPlane
That reminds me,
YARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!
Avast! Those lilly livered people didnt tell me the day till it was too late! Shiver me timbers, msn-ing like a pirate is no fun sad.gif
froggle-rock
BUMP

Avast, its that time again, me hearties, only 11 days to go, we had all better get learnin' smartly.

clicky
Snugglebum the Destroyer
Aye.

(that's the extent of my pirate capabilities, is there a course I can go on? biggrin.gif )
froggle-rock
There is a link I posted above silly!

I'm gonna Google, then edit though too.

edit: Thomas Scott, more Talk Like A Pirate Day stuff.
Snugglebum the Destroyer
Okay, my bad.

I think my brain stopped working about an hour ago.
SPEAKERfortheLOST
Arg ye scury dogs! wha' ye be loovin for? get back to work a'fore i keel haul ya all! Hardee-Har-Har!

This is no three hour cruise!
Mata
Shiver me timbers, it be nearly that time of the year of our Lord once again, so it be.

I've just checked and it is still on the calendar for this site smile.gif
spiffilicious05
arhh I love mes pie yes I do. And any of you slime buckets who dare try to steal me pies will be swabing the decks for the rest of yer seasick lives yarrrrr.

And any of those who actually succeed in eating my pies will soon be swimming with the sharks maties.
Cath Sparrow
It nearly be upon us ya bunch of land lubbing swabs! Yar!! Shiver me timbers!
Cath Sparrow
It be on the starboard bow an a headin straight for us!!!!
Polocrunch
Yar, Cap'n, it be true! Hoist the mainsail, ready the decks!
Aislinn Faye
blink.gif today is "Talk like a Pirate Day" at our school. we're dry.gif "The Mighty Pirates"
Cath Sparrow
Nay! It be Sunday!
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
But she won;t go to school on Sunday (I assume) tongue.gif
Cath Sparrow
Oi! You blagard you did nay talk like a pirate you bilge rat ye!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.