Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Uk Mata Meet Photos
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2, 3
WeeJ
Well, I thought it would be nice to have a thread to share all our photo's when they're finally ready....
Here's mine. Mat banged together this little photo gallery for us all smile.gif Enjoy biggrin.gif

WeeJ's Photo's
Debaser
haha! the eye one came out class...

so did the rest, btw... tongue.gif
WeeJ

I love this one! Mat caught Mata with the camera when he was deep in conversation with commie laugh.gif
saucy_tara
Aww!!!!!They are fab photos, but where are the breasty-dumplings??!! wink.gif biggrin.gif
Logicman
I REALLY REALLY wish I coulda been there... if this forum lasts a few more years, maybe I'll get to! *prays* please, God, lt Matazone last... *counts* four more years at least! And let me be able to afford the plane ticket! I shall start saving now, so that I may meet all lf you and be shocked by the fact that Leo's bald.
CommieBastard
My hand's in one of those. That's closer to an actual photo of me than I like.
WeeJ
QUOTE (saucy_tara @ Sep 8 2003, 08:35 PM)
Aww!!!!!They are fab photos, but where are the breasty-dumplings??!! wink.gif biggrin.gif

I couldn't post those!!! ohmy.gif wink.gif
CommieBastard
QUOTE (WeeJ @ Sep 8 2003, 09:22 PM)
QUOTE (saucy_tara @ Sep 8 2003, 08:35 PM)
Aww!!!!!They are fab photos, but where are the breasty-dumplings??!! wink.gif  biggrin.gif

Yeah, you could.
Mingtea
Wow I look so bad in SOOOO many pics biggrin.gif
WeeJ
QUOTE (Mingtea @ Sep 8 2003, 09:33 PM)
Wow I look so bad in SOOOO many pics biggrin.gif

EXTREME close up! laugh.gif
Cath Sparrow
Looks like you had a great time would have loved to have joined you but the louging on a beach in Spain won out over birmingham. ah well maybe next time. tongue.gif
Rattgirl
...yet more proof that I should be living in England....

looks like a good time was had by all (except Commie, we can't be sure about that one wink.gif )
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (CommieBastard @ Sep 8 2003, 09:27 PM)

Yeah, you could.

Diiiiiirtttty tongue.gif

Actually we had to work out who they belonged to and then decide whether to post them or not biggrin.gif

As it turns out, they are mine and I give you permission to post them if you really must rolleyes.gif
Queenie
And still... there be no pictures of ne lol... dry.gif
I think my back is in one of the pictures though... woo fame!!!

Aww they bring back sooo many drunken memories lol... laugh.gif
Still think PixieGoth should have danced with me in Coasters (was that the club?) though! humpf i'll get you dancing next time tongue.gif

Oh PixieGoth and WeeJ whoever have my bubbies!!! Please *begs on floor* do not post that picture!!
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (Queenie @ Sep 9 2003, 10:30 AM)
And still... there be no pictures of ne lol... dry.gif
I think my back is in one of the pictures though... woo fame!!!

Aww they bring back sooo many drunken memories lol... laugh.gif
Still think PixieGoth should have danced with me in Coasters (was that the club?) though! humpf i'll get you dancing next time tongue.gif

Oh PixieGoth and WeeJ whoever have my bubbies!!! Please *begs on floor* do not post that picture!!

Don't worry there will be no posting of mammaries unless express permission has been given (see above post wink.gif)

I'm positive I have at least one photo of you so you'll just have to be patient tongue.gif

'Costers' (a.k.a. Costermongers) is a pub not a club and the music was no louder in there than it was in Scruffys from what I can remember. If anything it was quieter sad.gif I didn't dance as I had sobered up rather suddenly and didn't feel like making an a$$ of myself on the dance floor dry.gif

laugh.gif

Unfortunately the best ROCK club in Birmingham (XL's) no longer exists sad.gif *cries*
Mata
Here you go, I didn't take many...

http://www.matazone.co.uk/matameetsept2003.html
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (Mata @ Sep 9 2003, 10:56 AM)
Here you go, I didn't take many...

http://www.matazone.co.uk/matameetsept2003.html

Oi Mata, his name is Ed sad.gif Obviously not as memorable at WeeJ's bloke who seems to be nothing short of hot according to NummyNums

Did no one think Ed was hot? dry.gif *sulks* laugh.gif I do wink.gif

And you're right, I do look slightly mad but then that's probably because I'd been talking to you for a few minutes tongue.gif
Mata
Yep, I think the mania did set in at that point.

I've put Ed's name on there now. I wasn't actually introduced to him at any point during the day and I'm not sure if I got the chance to talk to him at all so I never learnt his name!
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (Mata @ Sep 9 2003, 11:32 AM)
I've put Ed's name on there now. I wasn't actually introduced to him at any point during the day and I'm not sure if I got the chance to talk to him at all so I never learnt his name!

Thanks and my bad sad.gif I thought Ed had been introduced to all and sundry (especially sundry as he gets narked if you don't introduce people to him biggrin.gif).

Also Ed's quite a sociable chap usually and he often just introduces himself. I think it had something to do with the footie being on rolleyes.gif

Sorry, I'll remember for next time......er.....even though you'll know who he is......er.....right blink.gif
Mata
Don't worry about it, I was probably sorting out my train ticket when you two arrived so I missed out on the round of introductions. I was never told who you were either but I figured that out pretty quickly!
Industrial Kybosh
There's been some reet good photies thus far... By my usual track record, I'll have finished my film by Christmas. So expect some more in time for Easter.

Musical note - the tune being danced to by Debs and meself (and the uncredited, and mostly unphotographed, Queenie) was 'You Love Us' by the good ol' Manic Street Preachers. Well, if you're gonna dance to something, better make it a classic. Now, if they really had played ABBA... Oooh...

/me has soft-focus thoughs of waltzing across the dancefloor with leo to the strains of 'Dancing Queen'...
Mata
Queenie's either not in the second dancing photo or Debaser is obscuring her... It might be the latter actually now you mention it, I think I can make out her feet...
Industrial Kybosh
Aye, she's only a wee lass... The fact that Debs can obscure her stands testament to that little factoid...

Looking at my camera, it seems I took 16 pics. Of what, I have no idea. I'll have to fire off a few shots of me thrashing Pixie at pool this weekend so that I can find out, and share my discoveries... Well, the good ones, anyway...
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (Industrial Kybosh @ Sep 9 2003, 12:40 PM)
Looking at my camera, it seems I took 16 pics.  Of what, I have no idea.  I'll have to fire off a few shots of me thrashing Pixie at pool this weekend so that I can find out, and share my discoveries...  Well, the good ones, anyway...

Oh again I don't think so sonny Jim! The only photos you'll be taking will be of me beating you!!! tongue.gif

I shall bring my camera and take some of you crying into your pint afterwards too biggrin.gif
Prince Aries
Right sexy group you all are *fierce nodding*

Looks like a great time, I can only hope our three US meets can go off so well happy.gif

Some great pics taken, thanks for posting them guys! Glad to see it was a good time.

And Mata - Thanks for the Commie pic wink.gif laugh.gif Another to add to me collection bwahahahahahah laugh.gif
Industrial Kybosh
QUOTE (Pixiegoth @ Sep 9 2003, 12:50 PM)
I shall bring my camera and take some of you crying into your pint afterwards too biggrin.gif

Cider, black, and the salty taste of defeat it is, then...

Loser buys the round wink.gif
Alanity
Commies eyes are scary in the group pic ph34r.gif

[edit] Prince, Best. Av. Ever. [/edit]
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (Industrial Kybosh @ Sep 9 2003, 01:00 PM)
Cider, black, and the salty taste of defeat it is, then...

Loser buys the round wink.gif

I could make some lewd comment about 'salty tastes' but I'm not going to be that obvious wink.gif

Cider and black it is. You'd best get the first pint in then as you'll be getting the rest in tongue.gif

We are going slightly off topic here.....

I shall get my photos developed ASAP.

Here is a picture of the maniacal expression I shall adopt as I beat InKy at pool next weekend tongue.gif

Industrial Kybosh
And this will be the look on my face as I count on my fingers the number of times I've beaten you in one afternoon:

I've been trying to remember how many people were taking pics... Leo, Mata and WeeJ/Drarok have made some contributions thus far... Pixie and I have pics in the pipeline... I'm pretty sure Debs had a camera - but he also had a lot of booze in him...

Anyone else getting flash-happy at the meet?
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (Industrial Kybosh @ Sep 9 2003, 01:31 PM)
And this will be the look on my face as I count on my fingers the number of times I've beaten you in one afternoon:

No, no, no *shakes head sadly*. That's the look of horror on your face as I beat you for the 5th time that day!!!! biggrin.gif
Pixelgoth
AND don't forget me laughing at you while I hold my cigar and black and ciggy and you pot the black for 2nd time that day! biggrin.gif

Is there anyway we can get these pictures a sensible size? They are either tiny tiny or massive and won't fit on the page sad.gif Is there any way I can resize them on my computer?
Mata
I changed my monitor settings to as large as they will go and Weej's pics still didn't fit on the screen!
vicrawr
Mata, I'd like to say that you and SPS are two of the best looking guys I've ever seen.

And Pixie's hott too! I'm coming next year (if I can), cuz I'm sure you guys need a redneck to make fun of.
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (IrishGuy @ Sep 9 2003, 03:40 PM)
And Pixie's hott too!

*spits out tea*

What ME?!?!?

*blushes furiously*

Why thank you kind sir! wink.gif
Mata
Cheers Irish!

It's true Pixie, you are very good looking, but then again so are WeeJ and Queenie too!
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (Mata @ Sep 9 2003, 04:14 PM)
Cheers Irish!

It's true Pixie, you are very good looking, but then again so are WeeJ and Queenie too!

*blushes even more furiously* Awwwww, ta Mata and I have to say you ain't been hit by the ugly stick either wink.gif

Yes Queenie and WeeJ are honeys but then I is biased as WeeJ is my e-wife and therefore I am gonna think she's gorgeous and Queenie....well......she's just a lil' cutie pie! biggrin.gif
Debaser
QUOTE (Industrial Kybosh @ Sep 9 2003, 01:31 PM)
I've been trying to remember how many people were taking pics... Leo, Mata and WeeJ/Drarok have made some contributions thus far... Pixie and I have pics in the pipeline... I'm pretty sure Debs had a camera - but he also had a lot of booze in him...

Anyone else getting flash-happy at the meet?

i had a camera, but i don't think i took any pics...there might've been some during my "lost hour"...should check really...
Cath Sparrow
OOOOOOOooooo!!!!! That sounds worrying lost hours + alchol + camra never add up to anything good! Except for us as we roll about the floor with laughter as you find out what you've done. tongue.gif
Industrial Kybosh
Lemme tell you lot - if you think the peeps in the pics look attractive, you should see them in person.

Every one of them benefits from the addition of a third dimension, believe me.

Such fiiiiine ladies... oh my...
leopold
Okay, so I got me arse in gear an threw this together:

Leo's pics from the meet

They aren't all on there cos some were bog awful, frankly. I've still got the vids from the eyeball stunt, but I jus dun have the time to crop 'em jus yet. Damn RL gettin in the way!
monkey_called_narth
ok since im definatly going to the next uk mata meet... (im selling my horses i jsut got in a fight with my grandmother and they have to go) added to the previouse 1200 will be 5000 more dollars... lets jsut say that stephani (me hey i have a real name in fact its very long my full name at birth was Stephani rae cheeznic kueszter house goesmann try spelling that in first grade, but i shortened it and now its just stephani goesmann) will be in the uk for a bit... and there will be NO pictures of me!!!

edit: sorry if i got off subject my brain is still trying to get back to normal after being bashed aginst a cement floor. and it jumps alot
drarok
Ahh, many joyous photos of me looking silly. biggrin.gif

And other people too wink.gif
Rattgirl
*falls over laughing at the fist-shaking events*
cheese is funny
right sexy group of people... and very nice pics.... im muchly jealous...
chester
i really wish that i was able meet some of you guys in person. it wouldve been fun, but sadly im stuck here in california. hmm... im either feeling very left out right now, or very turned on by the sexyness of the people in those snapshots! yow! wink.gif tongue.gif

hope i can make it next time,
kelly j.

(ps: not that itd make much of a difference if i were there)
Sarah the Spider
My favorite are the "What's with Inky?" pics. Inky man, you rock. biggrin.gif *flashes thumbs up*

And of course Mata was looking exceptionally lovely that day...oh...um...*cough*

((And Pixie, Mata says you have a touch of mania in your eyes, but I don't think so! You possess the most infectious smile I've ever seen!))

You're all so cute. I want to take you home with me!!! wink.gif
Rattgirl
I just look at the pictures and realize that yup...I was right. You guys are some of the coolest people I've never met. And Mata's a fexxy hunk. *sighs* And I still wish I lived in Europe. Anywhere in Europe...except the eastern part.
oobunnie
Is that a Pizza Hut?!

It looks so... restruant like. I never new they had real places that you could sit and eat....with menu's n' everything. Fancy!

I now plan to go to England just to see the Pizza Huts, and if other places are like that. Tell me lets say what a KFC looks like.
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (Sarah the Spider @ Sep 10 2003, 02:46 AM)
((And Pixie, Mata says you have a touch of mania in your eyes, but I don't think so! You possess the most infectious smile I've ever seen!))

You're all so cute. I want to take you home with me!!! wink.gif

Awwww cheers babe! biggrin.gif *blushes some more* I don't think I'm going to be able to get my head back into my car to drive home tonight! biggrin.gif

Leo those photos rock! I actually laughed out loud laugh.gif

Now I have some photos of Queenie too wink.gif
Mata
Nice pics Leo, the 'What's with InKy?' is my favourite.

Just exactly how much space do you have on your memory card???

Oh, a quick tip for clipping images into smaller sizes using Photoshop...

Use the Actions panel (it's part of the layers menu) to record you resizing one image to your desired height or width (make sure you leave on the option that maintains the ratio or everyone will comeout squished!). There's a little button to make a new action, another button to begin recording, you do the action then stop recording. It's all pretty logical!

Then you go to File>Automate>Batch. The menu that pops up is pretty self-explanatory, but essentially you point it at the files you want to change, tell it where you'd like them to go and what action to perform on them (ie. the one you just recorded) and it'll go off and do the same thing to all the different files. Hurrah!

This process certainly makes my life easier when I have 3000+ frames of animation to convert the file format of for MTV2!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.