Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Uk Matameet V2.0
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Pixelgoth
Think yourself lucky WeeJ! I'm coming from bleedin' Sheffield rolleyes.gif I was going to drive but it's a bloody long way and I can get free first class train travel it seems silly to drive!

Mata, can you recommend any hotels in the town centre? As we are coming by train it'll be easier to have a hotel that is within walking distance say not more than 10 minutes out I guess? I'd rather not get taxis and buses if I can avoid it.
Mr Fuzzy
Winchester Hotels.

In ascending price order the three that fit the bill are the Moat House, the Wessex, and the Royal.

B&Bs

The one on Upper Brook Street is the closest, but the ones on Christchurch road are pretty close (near enough that the road is often part of my route home if I miss the last bus) too.
WeeJ
QUOTE (Mr Fuzzy @ Dec 10 2003, 12:43 PM)
The one on Upper Brook Street is the closest, but the ones on Christchurch road are pretty close (near enough that the road is often part of my route home if I miss the last bus) too.

I've emailed the bloke asking for a price guide in February.
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (WeeJ @ Dec 10 2003, 01:11 PM)
I've emailed the bloke asking for a price guide in February.

I've emailed a couple actually. They'll probably think there is something big going down in Winchester on 7th! Well, there is!!! biggrin.gif
Sir Psycho Sexy
because i'm lazy can you share the prices please?? biggrin.gif
WeeJ
QUOTE (Sir_Psycho_Sexy @ Dec 10 2003, 04:19 PM)

Only if you streak bollock naked down the streets of Winchester for us laugh.gif
CommieBastard
Hotels are expensive.

/me wonders about the hostels in Winchester...
Sir Psycho Sexy
QUOTE (WeeJ @ Dec 10 2003, 04:43 PM)

Only if you streak bollock naked down the streets of Winchester for us laugh.gif

pervert!! besides its cold in february
Mr Fuzzy
QUOTE (CommieBastard @ Dec 10 2003, 04:56 PM)
Hotels are expensive.

/me wonders about the hostels in Winchester...

There is one, but it isn't open in February.

Have a look here. There are a few that can be had for 25 a night.

I can even guide people to them if they're nice to me!
Queenie
Hey y'all!!

I'll come to this matameet laugh.gif YAY!!!
An WeeJ if you still need people to travel down/ up on friday or owt then i'll meet you there if you want. Going to go off in search of hotels now! biggrin.gif
CommieBastard
QUOTE (Mr Fuzzy @ Dec 10 2003, 05:46 PM)
I can even guide people to them if they're nice to me!

Would you regale us with folksy anecdotes of your quaint hometown?
Mr Fuzzy
I could do, but if I were to tell the 'Tale of the Hole in the Hedge' there's a possibility of being stripped of my pants'o'power and banned...
WeeJ
QUOTE (Queenie @ Dec 10 2003, 05:58 PM)
An WeeJ if you still need people to travel down/ up on friday or owt then i'll meet you there if you want. Going to go off in search of hotels now!  biggrin.gif

Its not for definate yet Lea. Gotta find out if a/ we can afford two nights in a bed and breakfast and b/ if we can get the day off work.
CommieBastard
QUOTE (Mr Fuzzy @ Dec 10 2003, 07:41 PM)
I could do, but if I were to tell the 'Tale of the Hole in the Hedge' there's a possibility of being stripped of my pants'o'power and banned...

Is that the one I think it is? Because I'd really like to see the hedge.
Mr Fuzzy
You know, it might just be the one you're thinking of.
CommieBastard
QUOTE (Mr Fuzzy @ Dec 10 2003, 07:56 PM)
You know, it might just be the one you're thinking of.

So can I see the hedge?
Mr Fuzzy
I couldn't rightly say. Not my hedge to show you see...
CommieBastard
QUOTE (Queenie @ Dec 10 2003, 05:58 PM)
Hey y'all!!

I'll come to this matameet laugh.gif YAY!!!
An WeeJ if you still need people to travel down/ up on friday or owt then i'll meet you there if you want. Going to go off in search of hotels now! biggrin.gif

Blimey, you haven't been here for a while. How are you?
CommieBastard
QUOTE (Mr Fuzzy @ Dec 10 2003, 08:03 PM)
I couldn't rightly say. Not my hedge to show you see...

So, that gives you the rights to the hedge, does it? Is this one of the old laws? Like the one about shooting Welshman with longbows on Sundays or whatnot?
Sir Psycho Sexy
QUOTE (Mr Fuzzy @ Dec 10 2003, 07:41 PM)

its not that certain hedge with an 8 foot drop on the other side which mata........so is it that hedge??
WeeJ
blimey.

February really isn't that far away ohmy.gif biggrin.gif
Pixelgoth

No tongue.gif You're used to using the Yellow Pages at the last minute aren't you!!!! wink.gif

Hey there Queenie BTW, be good to see you again smile.gif

No B&B responses so far sad.gif
WeeJ
QUOTE (Pixiegoth @ Dec 11 2003, 10:48 AM)

Same here.
Sir Psycho Sexy

No tongue.gif You're used to using the Yellow Pages at the last minute aren't you!!!! wink.gif

Hey there Queenie BTW, be good to see you again smile.gif

/me shakes fist

heey! i didn't know anyone got a pic of that
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (Sir_Psycho_Sexy @ Dec 11 2003, 01:58 PM)
/me shakes fist

heey! i didn't know anyone got a pic of that

Yep tongue.gif I also notice that I am in the background of your sig pic flipping the bird biggrin.gif

/me flips bird

Know you've missed that babe wink.gif

That Yellow Pages really brings out the colour in your eyes! laugh.gif
Sir Psycho Sexy
oh naff off
WeeJ
QUOTE (WeeJ @ Dec 11 2003, 10:56 AM)

Same here.

Still nothing.

Do people not check their email in this day and age?

And Paddy, that picture of you and Mingtea a la model pose is off my camera smile.gif
Mr Fuzzy
We only have 4 internet connections in Winchester, and 3 are taken up by Mata, MrBrick and myself...

Also B&B operators aren't known for being entirely with the times.
Cath Sparrow
QUOTE (WeeJ @ Dec 11 2003, 03:42 PM)

Same here.

Still nothing.

So did you contact 85 & 12 Christchurch Rd. then?
WeeJ
QUOTE (Cath @ Dec 11 2003, 06:15 PM)

Same here.

Still nothing.

So did you contact 85 & 12 Christchurch Rd. then?

Can't remember now
WeeJ
So, are we definatly set for the 7th? I need to know so I can book some time off work. I'm planning on making it a long weekend...
Pixelgoth
And Paddy, that picture of you and Mingtea a la model pose is off my camera smile.gif

Actually WeeJ it's off MY camera tongue.gif It's in my photo section of your web site smile.gif

Ahhhh biddy biddums SPS is sulking *hugs*

Yep, it's the 7th.....well...it'd better be otherwise I don't think I can make it sad.gif
Pixelgoth
OK, I've had a reply from one of the B&B's and I also want to book my train travel to get it free so can we all just "aye" to the 7th Feb? unsure.gif
Daedalus
Aye. I've also had a reply from one of the B&Bs, probably the same one dry.gif.
Pixelgoth
Ha! biggrin.gif Probably and that means we are all going to be competing for the same room.

On your marks......get set.....goooooo! laugh.gif
WeeJ
QUOTE (Daedalus @ Dec 15 2003, 12:48 PM)
Aye. I've also had a reply from one of the B&Bs, probably the same one dry.gif.

I haven't sad.gif
Mata
Right, it's defintely the 7th since nobody's screamed 'Oh for the love of all things good no! Not the teh 7th! Anything but that!'.

So, 7th Feb it is then. Hurrah!

I'll see if I can assemble a list of B&Bs that will be central and reasonably priced.
monkey_called_narth
'Oh for the love of all things good no! Not the teh 7th! Anything but that!'.

just joking, but when im there if anyone wants to meet up with me and do the sight seeing thing, thats cool.
FurryMammal
7th of february? tempted...

il enquire into trains and a place to stay, and you may have a furrymammal joining you this time biggrin.gif
WeeJ
Righty-o...I'll book the time off when I can get my manager in a good mood.
Pixelgoth
I've booked my B&B and I'll book my train ticket shortly. Thanks for confirming that Mata smile.gif

Narth, as I said before, email me when you're in the UK and if you fancy a short trip to Sheffield then let me know smile.gif I think we should do Sheffield for the next Mata Meet! It has a rockin' nightclub wink.gif

For those of you coming to Winchester, try this link for B&B and hotels

Accommodation in Winchester
WeeJ
I've emailed the same place as Sam. We're considering stopping over Sunday night as well to make a long weekend of it.
monkey_called_narth
QUOTE (Pixiegoth @ Dec 17 2003, 10:40 AM)
I've booked my B&B and I'll book my train ticket shortly.  Thanks for confirming that Mata smile.gif

Narth, as I said before, email me when you're in the UK and if you fancy a short trip to Sheffield then let me know smile.gif  I think we should do Sheffield for the next Mata Meet!  It has a rockin' nightclub wink.gif

For those of you coming to Winchester, try this link for B&B and hotels

Accommodation in Winchester

i dont think ill be able to e-mail you when im there... unless you have libraries with internet... but im there the febuary 18 threw march 5th.... just pick a day and well start planning.. im also going to do a covert operation of finding weejs store and seeing how long it take for her to realise it me...
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (monkey_called_narth @ Dec 17 2003, 12:59 PM)
i dont think ill be able to e-mail you when im there... unless you have libraries with internet... but im there the febuary 18 threw march 5th.... just pick a day and well start planning

Can't pick a date right now as I don't really know what my boyfriend will be up to. As it's a long distance relationship the weekends are pretty much spent together and usually in Warrington. The weekend after the meet is Valentine's and, no offence, but it was going to be just me and him. You know what it's like wub.gif

If you wanna come up for 1 night during the week feel free.

We have internet cafes all over the place so you could email me if you wanted? biggrin.gif
monkey_called_narth
ok, will do... whats a internet cafe? and yeah i understand... and im not even there on v-day... so its all cool.
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (monkey_called_narth @ Dec 17 2003, 01:15 PM)
ok, will do... whats a internet cafe? and yeah i understand... and im not even there on v-day... so its all cool.

Er....just what it says it is....a cafe with internet access laugh.gif Basically you can go in there, pay a fee for however minutes you want and use a computer with access to the internet. I used one with I was in San Fran last year and I know we have a couple in Sheffield.

We'll sort it nearer the time. Let me get Xmas out of the way first, phew! biggrin.gif
Pixelgoth
Gah! Just rang Virgin to book my train ticket and getting there is no problem but getting back on a Sunday either to Sheffield or Warrington is going to be a major pain in the butt apparently! dry.gif There are engineering works EVERYWHERE from what it appears and any train journey going north will mean delays and bus connections. I mean what is the point of having a free first class ticket if I've got to spend my time on the bleedin' bus! mad.gif

I need to rethink and possibly stay Sunday night and go home Monday. It will mean a bit of juggling and taking time off. It's not like I can take Friday off and go home Saturday or even Sunday otherwise I'm in the same boat.

I can't drive as it'd take twice as long and my car really can't manage it right now.

Pooop sad.gif
jessipuff
Ooh Winchester - tis lovely.

If people are finding it difficult to get accommodation, you might want to try Southampton for places to stay? :shrugs: You'd technically be further away, but it's easier to jump on a 47 bus from Soton up to Winchester than to get into town from the realms of Sparsholt and Marwell etc.

If I can find a friend to accompany me, I might think about bumming along - would be a wee bit terrifying otherwise. ph34r.gif
WeeJ
Hotel's booked. Just got to send them a deposit in the new year smile.gif
Cath Sparrow
Ok was contemplating Train to get there but from what Pixie said think I'm back to original plan of driving!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.