Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Uk Matameet V2.0
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (Cath @ Dec 19 2003, 12:36 PM)
Ok was contemplating Train to get there but from what Pixie said think I'm back to original plan of driving!

Don't be too put off. It's just Sundays that are a pain in the butt at the moment. Monday I can have my pick of trains biggrin.gif I am just waiting to find out if Ed can get the Monday off work and then we can sort it from there. Otherwise we'll probably drive too rolleyes.gif
Cath Sparrow
I have to travel back on the Sunday cause I only have 2 days holiday left till the end of march if the nice people at work let me keep my job which isn't looking partcularly promising at the mo!!! dry.gif
Tarantio
QUOTE (Mata @ Sep 12 2003, 11:58 AM)
I think I've got to be the only person whose priority when going to Amsterdam is actually to see the artwork. They have 'The Milkmaid' by Vermeer in their main gallery and that is my favourite painting in the world, replicas and prints don't do it justice... There's something really transcendant about it. It's so peaceful... There's also the Kroller-Muller gallery set in a dutch national park, just a short ride from Amsterdam and that has my favourite scultpture in the world, 'Spin Out' by Richard Serra, it's a truly awesome piece to stand in.

lol i remember thinking my reason to go to amsterdam was to see the dykes. i was very young when i had THAT wish.

as for the meet, if someone would be so kind as to point out which plane of existence (county etc) Winchester (ty candi) is on i shall gladly attend and attempt to show all u durty suthernurs how to drink, before falling over as pissed as a parrot's fart.
Mata
QUOTE (Tarantio @ Dec 19 2003, 10:02 PM)
as for the meet, if someone would be so kind as to point out which plane of existence (county etc) Winchester (ty candi) is on i shall gladly attend and attempt to show all u durty suthernurs how to drink, before falling over as pissed as a parrot's fart.

Winchester is in Hampshire, that's about halfway along the south coast. We're about fifteen minutes inland by train from Southampton. If you're looking for it on the map just find the Isle of Wight and head north a little bit.

I'm going to post an initial post-if-you-plan-to-come-along thread so I can begin to get the idea of numbers for booking a table.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.