Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New! Family Album Version 4.0
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
cheese is funny
SPIFFY! biggrin.gif

nice work lo!
leopold
Holy cow!! That looks fantastic, lo! biggrin.gif

Can I make one teensy weensy suggestion? On the member pages, I think there should be links to the other pages on each one (see my ISH member pages if you're not sure what I mean) - it saves you having to go back an forth to see each page. Well, it saves ME havin to anyway, an I thought seein as I'm, well, me, that would be justification enough... laugh.gif

But yeah, that looks utterly amazin, hon! I think Mata is seriously gonna have to do summat about his OtherSide page now he has so much competition!!
VVes
QUOTE (LoLo @ Sep 10 2003, 12:12 AM)
Matazone Family Album

So everyone go check out the new site, make sure your page is cool, and I'm going to go to bed and hopefully not dream of html tonight!  Wooooooooooooo I'm loopy!

Excellent work, Lolo! very very impressive, I am sure you'll be able to fix those li glitches after a well deserved rest!!! Jeezuz girl , slow down...hehhee...well not too much anyway! smile.gif

Sleep well and Good Morning!!!

*Hugglez* For a job well done!
saucy_tara
Wow!!!!!!! LoLo that is one helluva site honey, you've done yourself and all of us proud!!!!!
Well done!!!!! *Hugz* biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
NummyNums
wicked wicked cool. and lookie im on the same page as mata *grins* lol... ne way its reallya wesome.. i love the letters in matazone.. its looks like family feud or something yah know... mata xone family.. dum dum dum... hehe *hive five8 your awesome lo
LoLo
QUOTE (leopold @ Sep 9 2003, 11:39 PM)
Can I make one teensy weensy suggestion? On the member pages, I think there should be links to the other pages on each one

I thought about doing it but I figured that people could either hit the back button or the button to the left that says members. **shrugs**

Anyways.....I got up early this morning to do the avatar update and well half the avatars hosted from webpost were out, now they seem to be back up but I'm going to have to go and take a shower and get ready for work here in a few. Anyways what I meant by that big schpeel is avatars won't be updated until tomorrow. I have a bio test tomorrow and seeing as how I forgot to do the paper that was due yesterday and lost those points, and well didn't study well enough for my lab test last week, I need to crack the books and really study for the test tomorrow to make up those points. Yeah so like afterwork I won't even be going near my computer.

I take it everyone figured out the avatars are now the links to the members pages. Yay! I went to bed and thought oh crap I forgot to tell them, but yeah they're a smart lot they'll figure it out.
Sun Tsu
Great new look! That logo looks very nice!!
Mr Fuzzy
Very funky! Did you do terrible damage to your eyes making it all?
LoLo
QUOTE (Mr Fuzzy @ Sep 10 2003, 07:44 AM)
Very funky! Did you do terrible damage to your eyes making it all?

Not until yesteray when I decided to do 8 hours of work on the thing and not wear my glasses. Go me! lol

I did however do terrible things to my mind. You all should have seen me talking to myself about changes yesterday everytime I went outside to have a smoke. Yeah my neighbors think I'm even more insane than they thought before.
Mr Fuzzy
That would be the problem with anything involving some sort of programming. It never does the sanity any good. Still, you've got a good result.
Mata
QUOTE (leopold @ Sep 10 2003, 07:39 AM)
But yeah, that looks utterly amazin, hon! I think Mata is seriously gonna have to do summat about his OtherSide page now he has so much competition!!

Hey!

Actually I'm reading a book on CSS and such things at the moment. In a month or two there may be a radical change in the look of the main page...

Lolo, as always you've done us all proud with the work you've put into the album, it really is superb! Thank you!
Mr Fuzzy
QUOTE (Mata @ Sep 10 2003, 05:40 PM)
In a month or two there may be a radical change in the look of the main page...

Yup, you're going to change it to pastel shades of red and green. In line with the fabulous hobby that's sweeping the internet - persecuting the colourblind!
CrissiLove
That looks really awesome, LoLo!
Phyllis
Oooo! It looks great, Lo! I'm gonna go update the link for the Fam. Album on the MIA site now. smile.gif

I absolutely love the new logo! Very nice! happy.gif
Oni Usagi
I like the new look. The small version of the picture does look much better than the larg one.
Hope to be on there soon. I'll update my link too. Not that anybody actually goes to my site.
Logicman
Could I get a picture in there? I have no idea how to get one hosted, so if anyone does, could they get me on yahoo, so I can transfer the file and whatnot? Logicmn6 is my name there, please contact me because I've been here since June and I STILL am not in there...
Rattgirl
*HUGS and 'grats for Lo* That looks awesome!!! I think I'll have to cut down my personal info a bit 'cuz my text is a little small but that's just 'cuz I'm long-winded smile.gif
LoLo
QUOTE (Goddess of Wheee @ Sep 10 2003, 02:25 PM)
*HUGS and 'grats for Lo* That looks awesome!!! I think I'll have to cut down my personal info a bit 'cuz my text is a little small but that's just 'cuz I'm long-winded smile.gif

I've decided to make the plates at the bottom larger so people can have all that text and be a good readable size. The reason I made them that small was because I didn't want people to have to scroll, but you have to anyways so I'll make them bigger.

Could I get a picture in there? I have no idea how to get one hosted, so if anyone does, could they get me on yahoo, so I can transfer the file and whatnot? Logicmn6 is my name there, please contact me because I've been here since June and I STILL am not in there...

You don't have to get a picture hosted to get it put on the site. I have all the picture files saved to my account. Basically all you have to do is select the picture that you want to use, attach the file to an email and send it to my email address. The email button is on the join page. From there I put it on the site myself, and if it's too large i'll resize it.
The Tortured Soul
nice work lolo... hehe i'm a very occasional poster now ain't i but oh nice to still be in the album i'll hafta change my quote sumtime when i kan get around to it... maybe i'll quote one of my band members... hehe i've gotta update my picture too when i get one... I CHANGED MY HAIR!!! not by much i've had an under cut which when it down you don't really notice (apart from now my head doesn't look the same size as my shoulders) but i kan now tie it back so you kan see the shaved bits... hopefully sum new pics soon (probably of me wall running... don't ask)
SuperKathoid
LOLO!!! its looks AWESOME!!!

if ya get the chance, you can update my info:

new pic---

Personal Information: 19/F/NJ --- Photography Student @ WPU
My Cool Quote: "Pizza; it solves all your problems."
and for Websites, you can take the 2 other than my Live Journal off... the other ones aren't getting updated right now..., and you can add http://www.superkathoid.deviantart.com (my artwork)
LoLo
Avatar update just isn't going to happen this week. I could do it today but on top of everything else I have to do today it just would really make it a crunch and well I'd just be updating them again almost after getting them finished. So those of you who care about these things sorry.

I didn't do anything to the album yesterday due to an extreme migrane and my net access going down for the only few hours I could actually focus on the computer screen.

Later today : Pixie goth's picture update, Super Kathoids picture and information update, and anything else that may have dropped into my e-mail folder over the night. Of course there may be none of that I haven't checked yet. I'm also going to try and figure out the audio file problem and fix the personal information non-readability problem.

Stay tuned boys and girls, join us after this long commercial break. laugh.gif
LoLo
Welcome the newest member to the family album Logicman!
CommieBastard
Whoa, finally! A picture of Logicman!

Is it me, or is there a wire going into the back of his head?

Edit: Now I look, I think it's his glasses. That makes more sense than him being a cyborg.
Logicman
It's not exactly the best picture, and it makes me look like a big squirrel, but it's faily accurate I suppose.
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (LoLo @ Sep 12 2003, 05:03 PM)
Later today : Pixie goth's picture update

Wow LoLo! That's fantastic *gives Lo a big bear hug* biggrin.gif I have to say I do look rather spaced out in the one on the left but then I guess I was drinking at the time wink.gif
Logicman
QUOTE (CommieBastard @ Sep 14 2003, 04:48 PM)
Whoa, finally! A picture of Logicman!

Is it me, or is there a wire going into the back of his head?

Edit: Now I look, I think it's his glasses. That makes more sense than him being a cyborg.

Darn it *beep boop bip* how did you *whirrrrr* know?
Oni Usagi
Hey Lo! Your site's got no titles! It is lacking in the title department. Untitled page isn't gonna cut it! I demand that I be told what I'm looking at even though I already know what I've gone to!
CrissiLove
The family album is looking awesome--not that I would expect anything else from LoLo smile.gif hehe And I like all of the new pictures, people (Logic, Pixie, anyone else I can't think of at the moment)!
LoLo
QUOTE (Oni Usagi @ Sep 18 2003, 11:15 AM)
Hey Lo! Your site's got no titles! It is lacking in the title department. Untitled page isn't gonna cut it! I demand that I be told what I'm looking at even though I already know what I've gone to!

I don't want to title them this time! Just kidding it's something I've overlooked and keep meaning to fix, like oh say the audio part of the album. It will change with time. How about you do the code for the 70 some odd pages of the fam album for me? lol jk
LoLo
Sir Psycho Sexy's pic was updated. It's been almost 2 weeks now since I've had to do an update, so I thought I would post it in here in case anyone was curious.

Quick question though...do you guys even care about this anymore or is it just me? Usually I get to update and keep it interesting at least once a week. When I stop getting to I usually change the layout, and I just don't want to do that again. lol.

Oh and the only way I've found to get the audio files to work right now is to right click the link and go to properties, then cut and paste the url into your browser window. At least you can still here them, it just takes a little work. I'll keep trying to figure out why it's not working though.
CommieBastard
We still care. Just because we're not sending in new pics all the time, I still love the Album and think you've done a great job on it.
LoLo
The thing is Commie, everytime I've changed the layout or whatever in the past, people get all excited and those who weren't in want to get in, so I'm swamped with people wanting to be added to the new and improved album. I know it sounds weird but I kind of use that as a measure as to how good my work is.

Now here I make the new album, which I personally love and am proud of and since I announced it was done I have added one person and taken one out and another is leaving it tomorrow, then more on wednesday.

Maybe I'm just odd. I'm not asking to have you say wow Lo you're stuff is great, I just wanted to know if anyone is still interested in it's being around.
magikeyes14
i care that its here.. i like looking at it when im talking to people from here... gives me a chance to see everyone.. and i wil be emailing you the info so u can put me on the album as soon as i get a good pic.... i promise.. i've wanted to be in the album for a while, but i still cant find a good pic sad.gif
vicrawr
You're right LoLo. You rock! I'll be sending you my info to update today. Thanks for all that you do! /me hugs Lo
LoLo
Audio files are working! I don't know why doing the same thing I did in the beginning that didn't work, worked this time. I must say they load a lot faster now too. For example : Jonman's poem which used to take me about 2 mins to load now loaded instantly and tort's final audio file that used to take an hour to load only took 10 seconds. Keep in mind 56K users that I'm on cable, but it should however make it faster for you as well.
LoLo
I just want to say........sorry I'm a whiner. that is all. **goes to shower and cavort around the house naked for awhile**
drarok
QUOTE (Mata @ Sep 10 2003, 03:49 PM)
Hey!

Actually I'm reading a book on CSS and such things at the moment. In a month or two there may be a radical change in the look of the main page...

Lolo, as always you've done us all proud with the work you've put into the album, it really is superb! Thank you!

You LOVE the CSS biggrin.gif HTML with CSS can acheive great things. Like... NON BLACK backgrounds! ohmy.gif biggrin.gif tongue.gif

Example: http://www.zerifas.com/ Nice blue site, CSS rollovers, no images on them. Just CSS, not even any javascript. Lovely.

( Well, I would like it wink.gif )

Back to the topic:
The content's well laid out on the new family album site, It's just hard to pull off a site with a black background, I think.

Red sites are usually a bit iffy... http://www.cobhc.com/ Did a good job imo.

http://home.comcast.net/~lolo13/wsb/html/links.htm

The links on there are very hard to read. (On this monitor anyways, i'm at WeeJ's) Dark blue on black isn't a good combo. White would be better, nice and high-contrast. or a lighter blue, maybe bold to give it a bit of thickness?

Hope my contructive critisism is taken the right way... Good site, but colours aren't my cup-o-tea...

Bye for now.
LoLo
Thanks Darok for your input. The black background will be staying seeing as how I like it and don't want to redo it. I think it just makes everything else pop, which is what I want to be the focus, not the background. Those other sites you showed are super cool too. I especially like the red one.

As for the links page, you're right it is hard to read. I'll work on something to make that a little more eye friendly.
drarok
Woo! I didn't cause offence! ohmy.gif

Usually people take my comments as "out of line" tongue.gif

Thanks for taking my suggestions as they were meant smile.gif

Overall, nice site, keep up the good work!
CommieBastard
I prefer black background myself. Just part of my "Make My Eyes Last A Couple More Decades" plan.
LoLo
A couple of members were removed today. More will be removed later once cand get's them moved over to the MIA album this weekend.
LoLo
With Draroks suggestion about the links page needing improving, it has been.
oobunnie
hey Lolo if I can get you a pic within the next week or so can I be part of the family ph34r.gif
LoLo
QUOTE (oobunnie @ Oct 6 2003, 11:41 AM)
hey Lolo if I can get you a pic within the next week or so can I be part of the family ph34r.gif

Of course I would love to add you!
LoLo
Welcome the newest member to the album............................wait for it.............

it's coming

I swear I'll announce it soon

tell me to stop being annoying.....

Oobunnie!
oobunnie
*runs around in excitement* and you said I was a hottie.. I feel so special happy.gif

I didnt know where to put the info stuffs so I suppose I'll just put it here huh.gif

Personal Information : I'm 19 and I'm from Canada... umm what else to say... Well I enjoy falling off of bridges and throwing myself out of planes.
And the moral of today's story is: 2B or not 2B, that is the pencil.

My Cool Quote : The truth will set you free - just before they release the hunting dogs. (I think its from the animaniac's)

My Favorite Matazone Character : Fluffykins

My Website : None
hinsley
PI: 17/f/England. always bored. i like most music and quiet people.

CQ: "My only regret in life is that I wasn't born someone else." - Woody Allen

FMC: Sarah

er.. would send my pic but i have no idea where to but its here if you want it, biggrin.gif http://images.deviantart.com/i/2003/41/4/e/hinsmehins.jpg
LoLo
Hinsley and Lygophilia added.

polo if you want in I need either an audio or video file
Polocrunch
Huh? Audio or video? What do you mean by this? I thought Commie had already sent a photo?
Prince Aries
Just wanted to say: Hinsley, great to see you back on the Album.

Oo and Ly (goodness I'm lazy today laugh.gif) Welcome to the album! I loved the quote you guys had, those cracked me up! Two more looooovely darlings on teh Album! happy.gif

/me is all excited for teh Polos pics laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.