Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New! Family Album Version 4.0
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
LoLo
Interesting facts about the family album.

ph34r.gif 81% of my webspace is taken up by the family album.

ph34r.gif There are nine members who have been in the family album for more than a month or two that have never changed their avs.

ph34r.gif Currently there are 74 members in the family album.

ph34r.gif Page p-s has the most members on it at 22.

ph34r.gif Page t-z has the least amount of members on it with 9.

ph34r.gif I originally had P-T, but changed it to S because I decided the page was too long and u-z was too small.

ph34r.gif When I started this page I tried to keep up with each members avatar, daily.

ph34r.gif That drove me insane so I only update once a week.

ph34r.gif When I started updates it would take me a half an hour at most to do the updates.

ph34r.gif Updates now take me at least 45 minutes even when there is practically no one with a change. Scrolling through everyone takes a lot of time.

ph34r.gif It takes me about 5 minutes to add someone to the family album.

ph34r.gif Requests to join the album are sparatic. It can go for weeks with no updates, then suddenly 5 people want in or want to make changes or both.

ph34r.gif If someone has a broken link for their avatar, I just keep their last known avatar on the page.

ph34r.gif Currently one person has their avatar hosted on the page for use on the forums, and it's not me. laugh.gif

Ok I just thought this would be interesting. lol
LoLo
Welcome our newest member to the family album, Tenacious C!

Now I get to edit the fun family album facts. laugh.gif
Usurper MrTeapot
QUOTE (LoLo @ Apr 7 2004, 02:23 PM)
ph34r.gif There are nine members who have been in the family album for more than a month or two that have never changed their avs.

ph34r.gif Currently one person has their avatar hosted on the page for use on the forums, and it's not me.  laugh.gif

Thats me!
LoLo
QUOTE (MrTeapot @ Apr 12 2004, 06:24 AM)

ph34r.gif Currently one person has their avatar hosted on the page for use on the forums, and it's not me. laugh.gif

Thats me!

Niether are you. tongue.gif You changed your avatar was it a week and a half ago, and I'm not hosting yours anymore, but I was. laugh.gif Good try though.
Usurper MrTeapot
Oh yeah, the Pimping business. Forgot about that. sad.gif
Sir Maxerpopple
Doesn't that damn pimping business just get in the way of everything? laugh.gif
Silver Star Angel of Da Towers
Um.. I have a new pic pic

If it's not too much trouble, you'll have to change my personal info to say "I'm in the very bottom row on the left."

Only do it if you feel like it! laugh.gif
Pab
lolo ... dearest ... don't wanna be funny or anythng, but is there any reason you dont link peoples avs just the same way the people do? ... instead of keeping gif images on your server space? .... seems it would be easier .... dunno ... you tell me ....
Mr Fuzzy
Invision is a bit strange in the way it does that. I'm part way through learning how the system works on a code level, and planning one day to come up with an automated script for it.
LoLo
QUOTE (Pab @ Apr 13 2004, 01:34 PM)
lolo ... dearest ... don't wanna be funny or anythng, but is there any reason you dont link peoples avs just the same way the people do? ... instead of keeping gif images on your server space? .... seems it would be easier .... dunno ... you tell me ....

If I linked their av's and they change their av's I just have to go and change all the information anyway to the new link for their av's so I may as well just host them on my server. I have the space for now to do that. Also with it this way I get to control file size, type ect and make it work the way I want it to without too much thinking put into making a size fit.

On another note, is there a reason this isn't pinned anymore? Also is it me or did my first post about the link dissappear and it now says that cheese is the author of this thread?

Never mind I see why now.
Mr Fuzzy
That was me. The first post is still pinned (under the name of Family Albums now), the main thread is linked, and it has the MIA album linked to it too. The pinned messages in a couple of areas were getting to be quite numerous, so I've consolidated them a little bit to be less intimidating.

Damn, you spotted it while I was explaining tongue.gif
The Lorax
*sweet voice* Lolo-samaaaaaaa? Can you put me in the family album? ...as soon as I sneak a pic past my dad >>;
Phyllis
*cough*

Just for the sake of my dear friend Lo's sanity, I'm going to remind everyone that if they want their picture in the family album and/or any other updates...they should e-mail her at the address listed on the family album (I think you get to it by hitting the "Join" button, but I could be wrong. Otherwise she tends to forget about them, so it's actually in your best interest to do so.

This public service announcement brought to you by: The Forumite Association Of Following Directions.

tongue.gif

(In all seriousness, I'm just trying to pass on a helpful hint to people wanting to update/be added to the album...not trying to be snide or anything).
The Lorax
*mumbles* yes Candice
LoLo
QUOTE (candice @ Apr 13 2004, 06:31 PM)
*cough*

Just for the sake of my dear friend Lo's sanity, I'm going to remind everyone that if they want their picture in the family album and/or any other updates...they should e-mail her at the address listed on the family album (I think you get to it by hitting the "Join" button, but I could be wrong.  Otherwise she tends to forget about them, so it's actually in your best interest to do so.

This public service announcement brought to you by:  The Forumite Association Of Following Directions.

tongue.gif

(In all seriousness, I'm just trying to pass on a helpful hint to people wanting to update/be added to the album...not trying to be snide or anything).

Thanks cand! biggrin.gif laugh.gif You forgot.......LoLo gets a bit cranky if it's not e-mailed because of her ocd. laugh.gif
LoLo
Three updates today.

1st Dormant's picture has changed. Go check it out she's very pretty. (thanks for e-mailing it!)

2nd. Silverstar Angel Of Da Towers's picture and info changed, but of course you could figure that out by scrolling up and seeing the info earlier.

and lastly. Sjbbandgeek's picture and information changed. The PM worked but I forgot some stuff and had to redo your page 3 times.

I'm just going to start linking people's pages directly here for updates so it's easier for you guys to view them.
Industrial Kybosh

Yoink. That'd be me then. Fanx, Lo. wink.gif

Might go in for something different sometime soon. I feel a seachange coming on. A rebirth. New beginnings. A fresh start.

Who knows, maybe even a new pic of me. Plus some belated info to go with it...
LoLo
Welcome the newest member to the family album Snuggle Bum The Destroyer! She's gorgeous isn't she?
LoLo
Is it me or does Mr. Teapot's new av look like it's trying to kill oobunnie's av in the family album?
Sir Psycho Sexy
Bad Mr Teapots av!! *spanks*

*gives lolo her brain medicine* tongue.gif
LoLo
QUOTE (Sir_Psycho_Sexy @ Apr 21 2004, 06:37 AM)
Bad Mr Teapots av!! *spanks*

*gives lolo her brain medicine* tongue.gif

thanks I needed that. lol.

A couple weeks ago it looked like Marysyas av and Missy's av were stairing intently into Mata's little blender weird fish thing av. I think I needed it back then too. lol
LoLo
Welcome our newest member to the family album Patient # 212. Yay she makes me slightly dizzy!
Polocrunch
How come you're posting in this thread when it's been un-stickied? Aren't you going to transfer everything to that new, shiny thread?

[/pedanticism]
Patient #212
QUOTE (LoLo @ Apr 24 2004, 10:10 AM)
Welcome our newest member to the family album Patient # 212. Yay she makes me slightly dizzy!

Do I really make you dizzy, LoLo? I'm sorry. Shall I get you some motion sickness medication?
LoLo
QUOTE (Polocrunch @ Apr 24 2004, 09:24 AM)
How come you're posting in this thread when it's been un-stickied? Aren't you going to transfer everything to that new, shiny thread?

[/pedanticism]

Because the other thread has been closed, so updates are put in here. tongue.gif

Do I really make you dizzy, LoLo? I'm sorry. Shall I get you some motion sickness medication?

It's just the motion lines in the picture so I was being silly. I like them. biggrin.gif
Patient #212
QUOTE (LoLo @ Apr 24 2004, 09:07 PM)

It's just the motion lines in the picture so I was being silly. I like them. biggrin.gif

LOL. I know... it's just hard to hold the camera completely still in one hand above one's head. And it's a little blurry also cause I didn't use the flash.
Rattgirl
*sniffle* I've been removed........sad.gif

I knew I hadn't been here enough.....
Phyllis
QUOTE (Rattgirl @ Apr 27 2004, 05:43 AM)
*sniffle* I've been removed........sad.gif

I knew I hadn't been here enough.....

The hell are you talking about, woman? You're still there. tongue.gif

If you're using an 800 x 600 screen resolution, you'll have to scroll to the right to see yourself, though.
LoLo
Is it me or has this seemed to die?
Pab
Its you. *thwaps*
Sir Psycho Sexy
What you talkin' 'bout foo'?

I look at the family album on a regular basis, sometimes to look at all the pretty people and other times for a giggle tongue.gif laugh.gif

....if you get bored you could change my quote so it's the same as my sig quote biggrin.gif
LoLo
SPS's quote updated.
LoLo
Prince Aries' pic and information was updated. Lookin' sexier than ever!
phoenix
*meow* so aries, how you doin' baby, how you doing wink.gif tongue.gif
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (LoLo @ May 11 2004, 09:50 PM)
Is it me or has this seemed to die?

*joins in with thwaping*

Ee gads no! Silly woman biggrin.gif I love the family album. I've not checked it for a few weeks granted but it's always nice to look at pics of your on-line family.....also you can check out which of the nOObs are hot! wink.gif laugh.gif
phoenix
i second pixie!
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (phoenix @ May 21 2004, 02:04 PM)
i second pixie!

biggrin.gif

Lo, I've just noticed that you have me as 27 and I'm now 28. Yes alright get the jokes out of the way now everybody dry.gif Plus I think I need to change the comment about my hair out. Do I need to PM all of this to you??? I'm too lazy to read the whole thread to find out. Soorwwwyy wink.gif
LoLo
Just let me know what you want everything changed to.

Btw......I posted that thing about it being dead a week or so ago when I first realized it'd been a few weeks since I'd even done an update other than avatars.
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (LoLo @ May 21 2004, 02:17 PM)
Just let me know what you want everything changed to.

Btw......I posted that thing about it being dead a week or so ago when I first realized it'd been a few weeks since I'd even done an update other than avatars.

Yes but it was fun thwaping you *sulks*

OK, I'll PM ya with the changes smile.gif
LoLo
And now,,,,,,pixie goth's info updated. biggrin.gif
phoenix
QUOTE (LoLo @ May 21 2004, 10:42 AM)
And now,,,,,,pixie goth's info updated.  biggrin.gif

the commas make the suspense more dramatic:lol:
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (phoenix @ May 21 2004, 02:45 PM)

Oh definitely and I bet you're all gagging to see my updated family file! rolleyes.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
phoenix
QUOTE (Pixiegoth @ May 21 2004, 11:23 AM)
QUOTE (phoenix @ May 21 2004, 02:45 PM)

Oh definitely and I bet you're all gagging to see my updated family file! rolleyes.gif

oh, you know i am wink.gif wink.gif laugh.gif
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (phoenix @ May 21 2004, 03:25 PM)
oh, you know i am wink.gif wink.gif laugh.gif

Errrr.....do you? huh.gif

*looks very scared*
phoenix
QUOTE (Pixiegoth @ May 21 2004, 11:26 AM)
Errrr.....do you? huh.gif

*looks very scared*

you should be *muawhahahaaha* ph34r.gif

Enslaved
Hey LoLo, can I get my pic updated. Here's my new one for y'all to ogle at

LoLo
I'll have to do it tomorrow because I'm off to work right now.
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (phoenix @ May 21 2004, 03:30 PM)
you should be *muawhahahaaha* ph34r.gif

Eeeeep ohmy.gif

Help someone.....anyone.....

*looks around for large stick to pock Phoenix with*

wink.gif laugh.gif

Actually, I'm spamming now aren't I?! Sorry *blushes*

It's all her fault tongue.gif *points at Phoenix with poking stick*
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (Enslaved @ May 21 2004, 03:33 PM)

*ogles*
Enslaved
Hehe, Sam u tool! tongue.gif

Also if I could update my quote to:

"I taste, I love, I come, I bleed enough, I hate, I'm not, I was, I want too much,
It's not enough, just a touch, its not enough." Smashing Pumpkins - Eye.

My Fav matazone character: Mittens

and delete my website... cuz it sucks (but don't put that in the album)

Thanks Lo, have a good day at work smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.