Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nummy Has Been In An Accident
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2
NummyNums
[Please be aware that what you are about to read currently looks unlikely to be true - Mata]

HI this is amy beths neighbor.. wow i dont know how to say this umm....beth was in a car accident..... about 20 minutes ago.. she was hit by a car from what i heard she was getting the mail or something and a car going pretty fats lost controll... i dont really know i wasnt there for it... i do know is that i came home and they had her on a stretcher and her father asled me to please go watch the dogs and take messages if people call and let them know whats up...I know she talked baout you guys and this site alot and i thought you should know...so i should be here for the next few days... either that or if shes ok ill bring her my laptop tomorrow so she can let yah know.... i havent heard ne word if shes even ok or alive yet.. they havent called... but she was struck.... and they did take her away in an abulance.. lookin at this site though it seems as if she was on not to long ago.. ill let you all know how everthing turns out though .. i promise
magikeyes14
omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg...... was she hurt really bad? how fast was the car going? *crys* do you think she will be ok? omg.... this cant be happening... she...just.....now.... omg...... no no no no this cant be happening.......
NummyNums
i know zero details at the moment... her mailbox is gone so i assumed she was getting the mail or something...but i promise ill tell you everything as soon as i know it
Cath Sparrow
Send her all our love and hugs when you see her and tell her we'll miss her if she dont come back soon!!!!!! unsure.gif
Monkey the Rabid Red Rabbit
No... This is impossible... I thought everyone here was immortal... I hope she'll be all right...
The.Wheezing.Ghost
Oh, My god. I hope shes okay. I couldn't stand to see her go. Please tell us any details you have when you can.
NummyNums
i got a call.. she is vitally stabilized but they havent gotten her to waken up yet....god im worried.....there thinkin como but they dont wnat to say it yet.. here mom is freakin right out.....she was hit from the left side by the left side of a car (kinda side swiped) it wasnt head on which is good...
werewolf3361
OMG!!!!!!!!!! I hope she wakes up soon..... I know she will... i know she will... just keep thinking that and it will happen! right? right?! blink.gif blink.gif
The.Wheezing.Ghost
she has to wake up! she just has to! Please wake up Nummy!
kidvicious2punk
omg....

this is the second time we've nearly lost her...... sad.gif
Feyliya
Shit.

Just.....shit.
The.Wheezing.Ghost
QUOTE (Feyliya @ Sep 10 2003, 06:50 PM)
Shit.

Just.....shit.

Well Put.
werewolf3361
QUOTE (The.Wheezing.Ghost @ Sep 11 2003, 12:55 AM)
QUOTE (Feyliya @ Sep 10 2003, 06:50 PM)
Shit.

Just.....shit.

Well Put.

I agree... well put...
kidvicious2punk
i hope this isnt all a bigjoke.....(not blaming nummy at all..maybe a siblin or summmat..)

because im not laughing,,

i hope ure okay nums...accident or not
chester
QUOTE (kidvicious2punk @ Sep 11 2003, 01:16 AM)
i hope this isnt all a bigjoke.....(not blaming nummy at all..maybe a siblin or summmat..)

because im not laughing,,

i hope ure okay nums...accident or not

exactly my thoughts. really hope nummy will be okay. sad.gif i was just thinking about how everybody on the forums has engraved themselves into my mind and i were to lose any of you, id seriously be hurt. but im just a suspicious person, and i dont think ill trust this right away (either i that or im in denile). whether this is real or not, i want nummy to know that even though i never got to know you very well, that i hope nothing happens to you.
NummyNums
well hey .. newest word is she stirred or moved or osmething which means shes not ina coma.. they have her on meds and oxygen and shell get out of intesnive care and into a regular room later this night... and no this is not a joke kid.. she really got hurt
kidvicious2punk
i believe you...

just you know...sometimes ppl joke about stuff like this...

/misses nums
NummyNums
I talked to her mommy.. im bringn her my laptop tomorrow so if she feel sup to it she may be on for a bitty bit... well cuz shell have nothing better to do since people will be there to sit with her like after 3 ish.. i had an idea though.. why doesnt someone make like a webpage or something for her filled with like memories you have her and get well.. and maybe pictures and drawing.. whatever .. or maybe even a thread with all that in it.. im sure that would cheer her up.. cuz her life has been really abd and now this.. i dunno... I just really think it would mean alot and help her heal.. (friend therapy) if yah did
NummyNums
well i hope you think about my idea. Im feeding her dogs and then going home. she will hopefully talk to you tomorrow if all goes as planned. shereally need your support love and prayers
bye
amy
cheese is funny
im so beyond speechless... i dont know what to say... all i can say is that im overcome with sadness... damnit... doesnt enough shit happen to that girl as it is? sad.gif
VVes
...is there something that hates her that much that it can't leave her alone???...why? why?

...what is this dark cloud that looms over her head?...

Beth, I am really sorry that I couldn't say bye, and that I do really care about you...

...I think I'm going to be sick ... I have to go ...
monkey_called_narth
the only thing i can think to says is jeasus fucking christ i hope shes ok
Mata
That's another very unfortunate thing to be happening in Nummy's life. I have to say, I'm very impressed that her father has been trusting enough to let you use her computer and log on to this forum to post at lots of different times in the day over a range of twelve hours. You would have thought that either he would be at the hospital, at work or asleep considering the spacing of the posts. The father obviously trusts you like his own daughter to have you in his house for all that time.

Well, Nummy was posting a little while ago about wanting to have more attention and it looks like that wish has been granted. I look forward to seeing the post from the laptop.
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (Mata @ Sep 11 2003, 10:12 AM)
That's another very unfortunate thing to be happening in Nummy's life. I have to say, I'm very impressed that her father has been trusting enough to let you use her computer and log on to this forum to post at lots of different times in the day over a range of twelve hours. You would have thought that either he would be at the hospital, at work or asleep considering the spacing of the posts. The father obviously trusts you like his own daughter to have you in his house for all that time.

Well, Nummy was posting a little while ago about wanting to have more attention and it looks like that wish has been granted. I look forward to seeing the post from the laptop.

Lucky have such understanding parents considering some people who post here have such horrid ones (from what I've read anyway).

Yeah it'll be good to hear from her? Thing is surely they won't let you use electrical equipment like that in a hospital if she's just come out of a coma??? unsure.gif
NummyNums
well hey im hear lettin out her dogs before school....its like 6 o'cloclk am..her parents are very trusting.. theyve known me since the day i was born... whil i was waiting for them to call and feeding there dogs i thought it would be best to tell you guys since she has pictures of like cartoons form here on her binders... and talks about her.. i think there called emarriages or something all the time. id figure id just come here and let her friends know. she doin fine and her mom is pickin up my laptop this mornin so shoul dbe online sometime this afternoon.....so you prolly wont here from me again unless i get enough free time to join ya'll...amy-- and it was only like 2 hours.... the only place ive posted was here in this boxy place cuz i didnt know whereelse to go....
Mata
Boxy place? Where is it you're posting from Amy?
PrincessCadhla
Thing is surely they won't let you use electrical equipment like that in a hospital if she's just come out of a coma??? 

If she's in an American Hospital she can use a laptop. We emailed pics of our kiddos out about 5 hours after I got out of surgery (c-sections) on their birthdays. They don't allow them in ICU (intensive care unit) but if she has been moved to a regular room, they would allow.
NummyNums
Hey its the nums.... IM OK!!.. i have a pin in my hip and in my knee but thats about it. A few cuts and bruises and a really bad headache. I wasnt in a coma. They thought i could have been but i wansnt. Amy she didnt know t hat a thread is called a thread so she called it a boxy thing. Her laptop is my hero. I have a really cool hospital bed that i can move up and down up and down up and down. They got me on lotsa med so tha pain isnt to bad. Im sorry i worried you all but it was cool that amy thought to post here.. cuz well if i didnt come back youd know where i am. Well the nurse is making me take a walk to make sure i can work with the pin in and all... so wish me luck...
luv nummy
VVes
QUOTE (Mata @ Sep 11 2003, 04:12 AM)

I promise to never wish again...this is skeery...I shalt not tempt fate's forum, for her moderators may :edit: my life's thread...

Nuuuuuummmmsss...*gentle hugz and pecks* this is awesome news, glad you're not in worse shape than i imagined...my mind was playing horrible images of you and the accident... I am so sorry if I hurt you in any way... It was unintentional, I swear... please don't skeer me again, like you intended this right? Heh...

And thanks to Amy...your an awesome person...hope you do join us soon... you would be a great forumite!

You got pins and they're making you walk it already? wow...when i had my "maverick disks" surgery I was up 3 hours later, it was awesome...anyway...

*Deep breath*...well on I go with my life...miss you girl...don't try to do too much too fast...
saucy_tara
I'm a trained nurse and it seems a bit odd that they are making you walk so soon after what was obviously major surgery on your legs. You must be doing very well. How long do they expect you to keep the pins for? Good luck anyway, a lot of people are worrying about you....
WeeJ
I had pins and screws in my ankle in April and wasn't allowed to put any weight on it at all for about 6 weeks unsure.gif
Mr Fuzzy
Right. This has gone on long enough. I should point out a few things here.

The "Hospital" post came from an IP with well over 300 posts from NummyNums showing. It resolves to a school. There is also another member on the same IP under the name of Guy, who seems to have an oddly similar writing style. As does the mysterious Amy. There are also two members showing on the home IP. Both with the same distinctive writing style.

When I was young we used to be told a story. It was called "The Boy Who Cried Wolf".
Pixelgoth
So what now? sad.gif

How very very sad if this is true sad.gif
saucy_tara
If nummy has been playing everyone on this forum, which unfortunately seems the case, then it's a sign of a very sick, twisted mind. People on here have been worried, and for me it's brought back awful memories of my friend who subsequently died after being hit by a car. The forums do not need this sort of crap and something should be done about it mad.gif
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (saucy_tara @ Sep 11 2003, 04:08 PM)
If nummy has been playing everyone on this forum, which unfortunately seems the case, then it's a sign of a very sick, twisted mind. People on here have been worried, and for me it's brought back awful memories of my friend who subsequently died after being hit by a car. The forums do not need this sort of crap and something should be done about it mad.gif

I agree wholeheartedly Tara! smile.gif

It looks as is she is playing us for fools dry.gif .

However I will now subsequently feel terrible if it turns out to be real sad.gif

I think something will be done about it. Mata won't stand for any sh*t!
saucy_tara
If she has really been hurt then yeah, i'll feel terrible about it but to be fair, it's not the first time the truth has been "embellished" by her. As Fuzz said, the boy who cried wolf is a good analogy, coz when the time comes and she may really need someone, there will be no one there to listen coz of her past behaviour. I think the girl really needs some help coz she obviously feels the need to be someone she's not....
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (saucy_tara @ Sep 11 2003, 04:13 PM)
If she has really been hurt then yeah, i'll feel terrible about it but to be fair, it's not the first time the truth has been "embellished" by her. As Fuzz said, the boy who cried wolf is a good analogy, coz when the time comes and she may really need someone, there will be no one there to listen coz of her past behaviour. I think the girl really needs some help coz she obviously feels the need to be someone she's not....

I agree again smile.gif It's all such a shame sad.gif Let's hope the truth will out!
saucy_tara
Yeah, me too Pixie. smile.gif I'ts horrible to doubt someone like this, but it just all doesn't ring true..
VVes
Do you guys think that's possible...that maybe this was an ultimate way of getting attention?

I will give Nummy the benefit of the doubt, and hope that this was not an awful joke.

And if it is, I would hope Nummy has enough civility to come clean and admit to it.
Sun Tsu
Right, i'm so confused about whether or not all of this is real. I'm going for a lie down. sad.gif
saucy_tara
Yeah, i do think this has a terrible air of attention seeking about it. I feel very sorry for her if this is the case, coz she obviously hates her life. But to manipulate the people who care about her? Just wrong i'm afraid..... sad.gif
Jaq
This is really quite sad. I wish nummy would have gotten her attention in a nice positive way instead of making all of her friends feel like idiots. Now instead of the sympathy she wants . . . I'm not sure what's going to happen but if she isn't kicked off the forums I'm willing to wager not too many people are going to be very eager to believe what she says the next time. It's just really sad...
ravein
yeah.. that is pretty jacked up...
<insert self-worth diatribe here>
MistressAlti
I PMed Mata about this last night, and he said we'd wait-and-see.

I think we have.

It is completely unacceptable to play with the emotions of other people like this...

Quite honestly, I now have reservations about a great many things she's said, including but not limited to the amphetimines incident and the boyfriend abuse.

It's up to Mata what happens now.
Sun Tsu
QUOTE (MistressAlti @ Sep 11 2003, 04:52 PM)
Quite honestly, I now have reservations about a great many things she's said, including but not limited to the amphetimines incident and the boyfriend abuse.

That actually is an ''good'' point.....shocking, but ''good''. [commas becuase i dont literally mean good....]
VVes
If her e-life here has been spotted with these possible fabrications, I really don't know what to say at this point... I'll just .... I need to go get to some fresh air...excuse me...
ravein
I don't think we should be to hard on her. If this is true, and this is a big old fat lie, then maybe Nummy needs to realize that if people don't like you for what you are then it is not worth having them like you at all. She just needs to be herself, and realize these things don't make you cool. Being who you are and letting that person shine through is groovy part of life. maybe if she accomplishes this, people will pay more attention to her cause she has something more to offer than tragedy. She is a good girl, just a little lost on the way. I am sure we have all embellished the truth a bit, just to make fitting in easier. Granted what she did was jacked up, and she needs to lay down some serious alone time with herself and figure out that what she did was wrong, and affected lots of people. That is my two cents worth.. and worth about that as well. wink.gif
MistressAlti
QUOTE (ravein @ Sep 11 2003, 11:05 AM)
She is a good girl, just a little lost on the way. I am sure we have all embellished the truth a bit, just to make fitting in easier. Granted what she did was jacked up, and she needs to lay down some serious alone time with herself and figure out that what she did was wrong, and affected lots of people.

There's a difference between pretending you've been hit by a car to catch attention and "embellishing the truth".

I'm not debating whether she's a good person or not. I imagine that very few, if any, come to this forum with the intention of causing other forumites pain... but I do not doubt that some are here to find the sort of attention that they lack in their real lives. And some will not take into consideration that their actions affect and hurt so many other people.

Which, of course, is where the real injury lies.
ravein
QUOTE (MistressAlti @ Sep 11 2003, 01:16 PM)
QUOTE (ravein @ Sep 11 2003, 11:05 AM)
She is a good girl, just a little lost on the way. I am sure we have all embellished the truth a bit, just to make fitting in easier.  Granted what she did was jacked up, and she needs to lay down some serious alone time with herself and figure out that what she did was wrong, and affected lots of people.

There's a difference between pretending you've been hit by a car to catch attention and "embellishing the truth".

I'm not debating whether she's a good person or not. I imagine that very few, if any, come to this forum with the intention of causing other forumites pain... but I do not doubt that some are here to find the sort of attention that they lack in their real lives. And some will not take into consideration that their actions affect and hurt so many other people.

Which, of course, is where the real injury lies.

extremely true Missy.. I just know that when I was younger I laid down some serious lies to get people to pay attention to me. None as serious as Nummys, but.. it took a while to figure out that I was a pretty fabulous person and that lies did nothing but diminish this fact. I am not arguing that if this indeed be a big old lie, she has some serious apologies to throw out, and some even more serious relationship repair due, let just hope that she finds this a learning experience and does some soul searching.

"And some will not take into consideration that their actions affect and hurt so many other people.

Which, of course, is where the real injury lies."
this is very true.. and a pin in the leg wont help it either.
saucy_tara
I think most people may fib a bit to get sympathy, like when you have a cold it's always "the flu" biggrin.gif
But as Missy said, when you start to drag other people down with you, enough is enough.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.