Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nummy Has Been In An Accident
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2
WeeJ
This is a hard post to make as I (like many people who's posted in this thread) don't want to pass judgment in case Nummy is telling the truth. If she is, then we're wrong and I should imagine she'll be very angry with us. If she was to come forward and say its all been a farce, then (if I was in her shoes) I'd feel ashamed and want to leave.
CommieBastard
I am reluctant to pass judgment, but the evidence is quite compelling. The IP addresses, Mata's point about Nummy's father, the implausibility of "Amy" not knowing enough about forums to call a thread a "boxy place", yet knowing enough to start a thread in the appropriate forum, the pretty much impossibility of her walking after having pins in her legs, and the sheer unsubtlety of: "why doesnt someone make like a webpage or something for her filled with like memories you have her and get well.. and maybe pictures and drawing.. whatever .. or maybe even a thread with all that in it.. im sure that would cheer her up.. ", all mean I'm pretty much unable to give her the benefit of her doubt. I don't know how much I trust her any more.
Mata
NummyNums, considering the rather extreme set of circumstances that you say you have been through lately and the fact that the details of this thread just don't add up the evidence points towards everything you have said here being a lie, which casts serious doubts over some of your already dubious previous threads. Added to this is a thread that you started saying that no-one pays any attention to you. Fine, you've got our attention but you have also upset a lot of people.

There is a discussion currently going on between the moderating team about what, if any, action we should take so I would please ask that you explain yourself as clearly as possible.
FurryMammal
iv been in slightly the same situation before.

someone i know and met online came on one day, then said it was her sister and that "my friend" had been in an accident. i hate to be cynical, but i thought it was pretty odd how her sister knew all the passwords, who i was and how i knew "my friend". but anyway, i went on with sympathy, then "my friend" (who was also suffering from head trauma, at home in bed, and several broken bones) miraculously rose from her bed, came downstairs and talked to me for a while.

i knew, pretty much that she was lying through her teeth. iv been lied to before, and generally i can tell. by no means not all the time though, and this is why i didnt say anything

what if i was wrong?

after that i just stopped talking to her, i've no time for liers... unless i like them of course... depends. biggrin.gif
Alanity
"Um, Nums, from both your posts I'm almost tempted to believe this is some really weird, borked up joke or something."
I had a feeling something was wrong, I'm way too trusting....
If you have been playing us for fools I want you to know that it really, really hurts finding something like that out. The last person who did that to me took my life savings and I didn't find out until they'd moved to the other side of the country....
Well, you've got your attention. I hope you enjoy every second of it.
NummyNums
This is the REAL nummnums.. i dont know who the HELL thinks hacking is funny but its not.. first of all i live with my mom and only my mom since my dad refuses to see me.. SECOND of all i dont have a mail box i have a p.o box... Third of all i havent been online since i left for massage therapy class at like 7 o'clocl last night.... so ever did this fess up you sick lil fuckers.. if not im leaving... STAY OUTTA MY E_MAIL BOX, STAY OFF MY WEBPAGE, STOP WRITING FAKE ENTRYS IN MY DIARY, AND CUT IT WITH THE FAKE ENTRYS ON THE FORUM YOU PHYSCO.. LEAVE ME THE BLOODY HELL ALONE... *sobs* I hate people i hate them i hate them i hate themm.... GAH!!!!!
Debaser
same IP as the earlier post. from the "hospital".

right, nummy.
NummyNums
Theres has been someone going on my screenames.. goin on my e-mails goin on everything.. if your not gonna belive me then im leaving.. god cuz i soo needed this right now
ravein
*shakes head*
so much for learning...
CommieBastard
I remain highly sceptical, not so much because of this thread but because of past implausible threads. This has been going on (I'm told) since before I joined the forums.
NummyNums
I can show you the e-mails sent to my friends saying you slut i cant believe you did this that and the otehr thing and just really being a bitch.. or letters to my girlfriends boyfriends all hitting on them.. and they all say the came form me an dmy computer but i never sent them ever.. same thing with people logging under my screename.. ive even talked to them over a friends house.. they have my same buddy profile and everything.. but there not me..... there someone trying to destroy my life and its not funny...
saucy_tara
But i thought "amy" had your permission to come on here? Please Beth, stop trying to mess with our heads, coz in doin so you're gonna lose the best set of friends your ever likely to have...
NummyNums
I odnt know ne one named amy.. ne one..... my neighbors are old.....
oobunnie
Personally I think people are getting far to worked up over this. I thought the point of this forum was to support each other.

If lets say the story is fake, then it still seems rather mean for you all to go off and get mad at her. You say you realize that it would be for attention, and yet your doing nothing productive to rectify (sp?) it.

Nummy I hope you feel better soon smile.gif
ravein
take it from a old hacker.. the IP wouldnt stay the same.. unless this is a hacker pretending to be nummy, who is pretending to not be nummy, who pretended to be amy, who was really nummy... blink.gif
yeah good luck there...
Polocrunch
NummyNums, you're not exactly helping yourself here. Childish emotional blackmail is not going to sway those of us who have become convinced (thanks to a pile of evidence) that you are faking. Come out and admit that you have been "economical" with the truth, and the moderators could well be a little more forgiving. Continuing the pretence is only going to irritate the rest of us further.
You do yourself no favours with these attention-seeking (and unfortunately, attention-earning) posts. I suggest that you mend your ways.

Sorry if this seems rather harsh, but I am very convinced by the evidence presented, and I do not like being lied to.
saucy_tara
We do support people on here if they genuinely need suport, but the issues that nummy seems to have are far beyond the scope of a friendly word or virtual hug. She needs help that we simply cannot give to her. I feel for her because of the fact that she obviously has these issues, but her actions are making the majority of people on this forum uncomfortable, and it's destructive to everyone on here.
Pikasyuu
If this is all true, I sincerely hope that you're alright, Nummy. Granted, I haven't read the entire thread but the first page, but if any of this is untrue, I think you need to talk things out with someone to find out why you'd make a thread that clearly frightens many people about your health when it would originally just be a ploy for attention. That's a serious issue, and be sure everyone would support you. Car accidents are atrocious, horrible things that rip people apart and do generally bad things .. they're very serious, and I do hope you're alright.
FurryMammal
i dont believe nummy at all now, i wish i could nums...

sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif
NummyNums
my friend thought it would be funny.. i didnt think you guys cared about me that much.. then when everyone flipped out my friend just told me to go along with it.... and when ppl started to get pissed my friend he was gonna pretend to be a hacker...... i know you all aht eme now na dim sorry .. icant lie ne more.. there is no hacker.. i was in a car accident but i drove my car into a ditch... and im perfectly ok... you can remove me form the forums now....

Nummy
VVes
QUOTE (CommieBastard @ Sep 11 2003, 12:48 PM)
I remain highly sceptical, not so much because of this thread but because of past implausible threads. This has been going on (I'm told) since before I joined the forums.

Whichever the case Nummy, I am not mad at you , or hate you, but it's creating a more serious trust issue...
WeeJ
I don't hate you Beth. I just think you need help sad.gif
FurryMammal
QUOTE (WeeJ @ Sep 11 2003, 07:12 PM)
I don't hate you Beth. I just think you need help sad.gif

me 2... sad.gif
Pikasyuu
Okay. Finished reading the rest.

Nummy, please do go see someone about this. It's impossible to believe a word of anything you say any more, and it really is sick to do something like that to people. Please take your time off to think long and hard about the people you frightened who cared about you, as cruel as that was, and also some of the memories you may have brought back. I wish you lots of luck, try and get through this.
MistressAlti
Hate is an awfully strong word to use for someone I don't even know.

However:

Nummy, the way you've treated people here is, in my opinion and my opinion alone, completely unacceptable, and I implore you to seek out professional help for whatever mental issues you are currently afflicted with. This forum was built on love and trust, both of which you have betrayed.

I would futher suggest that you tell us the truth. The whole truth. And nothing but the truth. So. Help. You. God.
gerbilfromhell
unfortunatelly everyone, i believe that nummy's thread enitled 'i'm going for a long walk' was at least slightly exaggerated. i DO believe that if we had said we don't care for her and to just go for 'the long walk' she might have, but none of us feel that way, and so we told her so. her post of 'dammit you're just like a bump in my plans' has made me slightly skeptical of nummy's stories since she posted it. if someone was really serious about it, they wouldn't wait around for people to tell them not to do it. i hoped that this would never come up again, but it seems like she never stops with this. she repeatedly says 'no one pays attention to me you all ignore me', then gets a swarm of love and affection, then it dies down, and she invents something else to get more.
Pab
QUOTE (oobunnie @ Sep 11 2003, 07:55 PM)
Personally I think people are getting far to worked up over this. I thought the point of this forum was to support each other.

If lets say the story is fake, then it still seems rather mean for you all to go off and get mad at her. You say you realize that it would be for attention, and yet your doing nothing productive to rectify (sp?) it.

Nummy I hope you feel better soon smile.gif

Yup, I like this one. Though many (or most) of the points posted as a reaction to this sack of poop story are quite valid, this one, that first line up there, is a universal truth that DOES define this place, and should not be forgotten.

RANT:

I felt shocked when I saw that first post, I felt sad when the unimitable cack spelling re-emerged in the following hoax-posts. I felt a (mild) pang of anger, or perhaps disgust, for a second there, when the magnitude of the bull-delivery became even more obvious. But forgive her? You bet, immediately without a doubt. Look at the big picture. Un-happy nummy. People 'deserve' to be happy. And it takes some work. Nummy messes up and blows her credibility rating to tiny little pieces? Yeah. That's why it's called a mess-up. We feel offended? Well, we're free to feel offended if we like. We can also not give a monkeys.

But is there a bigger point to this forum? I'd like to think there is.

Nummy will be reaping the consequences of this one for yonks and yonks. I'm not gonna join in any e-linch mob. See through the bull and you see an un-happy person. People deserve to be happy.

Peeps ... why would we slam the door in her face. To make her feel as bad as we did? I call it putting out the fire with gasoline. She made fools of us? pff, not necessarily, doesnt really matter, i dont think. She messed up? yup. She still has to be able to come back though. Might not want to, at first. I'm not gonna 'believe' much that comes from her keyboard for some time. Never did, much, I suppose. And that doesnt matter either. She'll get better. People 'deserve' a chance (and another, and another).

I never spoke with nummy, and dont feel like speaking any more with her now. But I dont lynch people.

This is e-life. Another level. Better, worse, different. I think we're closer to our consciences on here. We are also many people. A bit like a mob. But we think, on this forum. There is a lot less thinking on other forums. Lets be a mob with a conscience. No ban nummy. No lynch nummy. She'll feel the consequences of this one anyway.

But Matazone seems to me to be smarter than lynch mobs. And vengeance.

END OF RANT

and nummy? thanks for the emotions, nummy, I sometimes forget I have them ...
saucy_tara
I'm sick of all the headf**k games to be honest, and unfortunately she hasn't changed since my 5 months away from here..
MistressAlti
QUOTE (Pab @ Sep 11 2003, 02:41 PM)
She messed up? yup. She still has to be able to come back though. Might not want to, at first. I'm not gonna 'believe' much that comes from her keyboard for some time. Never did, much, I suppose. And that doesnt matter either. She'll get better. People 'deserve' a chance (and another, and another).

There's a problem here, Pab. So if Nummy deserves more chances, do forumgoers deserve to have their emotions continually toyed with?

The thing is, I don't so much care that she's been a liar, it's the fact that she hurt people that bothers me.
werewolf3361
... *walks away*
gerbilfromhell
can we PLEASE delete this thread now?
Mr Fuzzy
I'm not going to delete this right now, but I will do as the wise Leo did with the signing off topic.