Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Obsessive/compulsive/weird Habits
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daft
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Polocrunch
You try to pass them off as habits, but you know that secretly you need help. Lots of help. And a padded room.

You know the kind of thing - not stepping on the cracks, tapping both your lips in exactly the same places the same number of times, walking equally heavily on both legs, and so on and so on.

Name your secret passions/shames. And shamed you will be!
Personally, I always turn on the tap in my garden and watch the water flow over the [expensive Yorshire] patio, filling in the cracks, dips, depressions and crevices. It's very satisfying.
CommieBastard
Nobody noticed that I was doing this at the Meet, but when walking down the street I have to step on as many paving stones as possible, and cannot step on the same one twice.
Alanity
I select bits of text with the mouse or tap in time to the music that I'm listening to, I can't step on cracks, I juggle biros constantly, I chew on my headphones wire, I occasionally take two small objects and pretend they're space ships in a dogfight. Most of the things I do are just from restlessness from never going outside or doing anything though...
Polocrunch
I'm like a baby - I'm always playing in dirty places [no, not quite that dirty], then putting my fingers in my mouth. I also put stuff in my mouth and chew it - which is why my lips are such a mess. And I can't stand having hair covering my ears.
Logicman
When in my older brother's room, I frequently pick up things and chew on them without knowing it, until Michael says "Stop eating out of my garbage can!"
The.Wheezing.Ghost
I will just randomly shudder---I know this is normal but mine are very freqent.
Debaser
i have to step on the EXACT same ratio of cracks/paving slabs on the pavement, otherwise i feel all weird...i have to "step over" the same ratio of parked car wheels...and have to walk up an even number of stairs with each foot...

i have a whole pattern thing going, as you see...
FurryMammal
I do pretty much the same as commie, although i have this really weird one when im in the car.

I look out of the window at buildings passing me. When I am directly outside a building, and I can ONLY see the front of this building (none of the other outside walls), I blink once, and only once. Then i do the same at the next one. its pretty weird, but i hardly ever think about it, and when i do im usually thinking "jesus.... *blink*... why on earth am i playing this thing again... *blink*" then my thoughts wander off and i carry on.

it probably stems from my childhood when i was bored in the car and used to make up games, but i honestly think i will never stop it. its autopilot for me. blink.gif
Pikasyuu
Two words.

Constant masturbation.

I'll get my coat.

But really! I'm not kidding. I mean, I have some others, but that one bugs me the most. Otherwise it's knuckle cracking and chewing the straw. I HAVE to chew the straw. Otherwise the coke isn't good. ..
Polocrunch
It's alright, I'll get it for you.

*Jumps up, throws coat into Syuu's arms, flings open door, shoves Syuu out of house, slams door behind Syuu.*

*Breathes sigh of relief*

Maybe this thread wasn't such a great idea...
magikeyes14
i have to have two straws or i cant drink something... and i cant walk and drink at the same time.. i have to stop then take a drink..... um.. and i have more but i cant think of them... i';ll have to ask my friends tomarro laugh.gif
Pikasyuu
- Thrown out on her arse. -

I was serious. ._.;
Pikasyuu
QUOTE (magikeyes14 @ Sep 17 2003, 10:28 AM)
i have to have two straws or i cant drink something... and i cant walk and drink at the same time.. i have to stop then take a drink..... um.. and i have more but i cant think of them... i';ll have to ask my friends tomarro laugh.gif

Yes! You know what I'm talking about. Straws are wild, aren't they? But have you tried chewing them? That just makes it more fun, because you can't get as much of it, therefore you aren't taking the drink for granted .. and it lasts longer!
Polocrunch
Straws are wild, aren't they?

*Reaches for hypodermic needle*

Yes, they sure are Syuu. Now just hold still a minute...

Yeah, masturbation is such a pain. Well, not exactly a pain as such, but you get the idea...

Two straws are comfortable in my mouth, but I don't rely upon them to drink with.

My friend has to wash his hands every time he gets them dirty! Someone more freaky than the rest of us! Let's all laugh and point and deliberately dirty his hands!
I stuck my shoe on his hand, and he went straight to the bathroom and spent five minutes washing his hands. We've told him to get help, but he won't listen.
Pikasyuu
QUOTE (Polocrunch @ Sep 17 2003, 10:36 AM)
Straws are wild, aren't they?

*Reaches for hypodermic needle*

Yes, they sure are Syuu. Now just hold still a minute...

Yeah, masturbation is such a pain. Well, not exactly a pain as such, but you get the idea...

Two straws are comfortable in my mouth, but I don't rely upon them to drink with.

My friend has to wash his hands every time he gets them dirty! Someone more freaky than the rest of us! Let's all laugh and point and deliberately dirty his hands!
I stuck my shoe on his hand, and he went straight to the bathroom and spent five minutes washing his hands. We've told him to get help, but he won't listen.

Did that once. Sounds like OCD if it's constant! But unfortunately, I left the water running and the drain stopped, and the entire 2nd story floor caved in because I didn't notice it for three hours. Now do you sympathize with my mother?

Does anyone have to have their toenails painted?..
Feyliya
If you ever see me, you'll probably notice my fingers twitching as I think, talk, or read. It's because I'm "typing" the words as they go through my mind.
Polocrunch
You collapsed half your house?
Syuu, I am very impressed.
*Bows to the destructo-lady*
LoLo
I have to have something in my mouth almost all the time. I usually alleviate this with gum, but many times my pens, fingers, lips, chords, and various things will be found in my mouth. I think this is why I got my tongue pierced. If I'm at a loss I can always play with my tongue ring.

All of the rings I wear on my fingers must be pushed down and facing up. If they move I must move them back.

If I'm wearing a necklace I must touch it when in a conversation with someone. It's like holding the chain or bead or whatever makes me more interesting.

When reading a book in a public place I have to look up every 3 and a half minutes to see who's around me.

That's all I can think of right now but I know there are more.
Pikasyuu
QUOTE (Polocrunch @ Sep 17 2003, 10:41 AM)
You collapsed half your house?
Syuu, I am very impressed.
*Bows to the destructo-lady*

/me bows in return, respectfully!

Thank you. Now I just pay special attention to the sink. Occasionally in the middle of the night, I'll get up to see if I've left it running. I think that's a bit odd.. especially because it's when I've just gotten comfortable!
Mr Fuzzy
QUOTE (Polocrunch @ Sep 16 2003, 11:36 PM)

Now that is classic OCD.

Personally I think in fours. I count in groups of four. I walk in fours. I even breathe in fours.
LoLo
One more. I must be anywhere I'm going if a time is planned at least 15 minutes early. The only exception is like when I go hang with Moonlightsavingstime and Shuilong they usually say around 10 or 11 or something in which case I usually show up at 10:30.
Polocrunch
Oh! Another!
I always shave in the same way - left to right, starting with the sideburns, then the cheek, then the left half of the moustache, then the chin, then under the chin, then the right cheek, then the right sideburn, then I finally remember the rest of the moustache, then the tongue, then the eyeball, and lastly the forelock, which must be kept in prime tugging condition. Every other day. For the last two years.
Jaq
I count things. So many things. Straight lines, people, animals, cars, colours, features on the face (20 if you don't have glasses, 30 is you do). Then I do that thing with my toes. Yeah, you know the one I'm talking about. Keeping time to music by tapping out with certain patterns on my toes. When I get stressed I'll start speaking nonsense...it's kind of embarrassing.. And also I really like rolling my eyes back in my head at the most inoppurtune moments. I have to watch the road no matter who's driving(always sit at the front of the bus because of this). I squint alot but I'm trying to get out of that habit.

Geez, I'm messed up. huh.gif
Belldandy
I always have to know exactly what time it is when I go to bed. I think this is because my mother always used to ask what time I went to bed the night before. I chew on the insides of my cheeks. And recently I think I've been developing this thing where I have to wash my hands if I touch anything right before I go to bed or before I eat (I mean, I can wash my hands, touch something, like the television or fan or something, and then have to wash them again). I don't know why. Oh, and I usually end up putting on deodorent at least twice because I'm not completely sure whether or not I put it on before. Same thing with locking my car, I usually "forget" whether or not I have locked my car and have to lock it again. And my dorm room door. Same thing. I'll lock it, start walking down the stares, think "did I lock the door? I'm 99% sure I did" and then have to go back upstairs and make sure.

Hmmm...I guess the question is, who isn't obsessive compulsive? Ah, maybe it's just the world we live in today...
chester
when im eating m&ms i have to emty all of them out and sort them by color. then i eat each color until there is an even amount of each color. then i eat one green, then one red, then one brown etc.. until theyre all gone. if i dont do that i feel sad and guilty because one color didnt get treated as well as the others... i know im a freak...

kelly j.
kidvicious2punk
yah i eat the color that i have the most of first..lol

i think strangee thoughts like :hmm..i wonder how they get those lines on the cement:

lol

just dumb stuff like that

oh and uh....i constantly say stupid stuff around ppl i like...err..i once joined into a bellowing chorus of the "my dingiling" song when i was in pe with jonathan sanches sleep.gif
chester
out of school, i almost always have a tootsiepop in my mouth. im addicted i think.

um... biting nails is a bad habit for me... OMG! im bitng them right now!!!

when ikm eating i scrape the fork in between my teeth when i take it out of my mouth. it buggs the hell out of my friend kati...

i always have to have music or the tv on...

i cant sleep without my stuffed penguin , Mr.Shivers. also, not without my carebares nightlight... (yes, i am 13 tongue.gif )

i cant step on the little linoleum(sp?) squares at the supermarket more than once. it just biggs me, y'know?

i pet peoples hair to see if its as soft as mine blink.gif

i have to brush my teeth at leat 4 times a day, or else ill get irratable for no reason...

how many's that? wow, i really am a freak...

kelly j.
LoLo
QUOTE (chester @ Sep 16 2003, 06:27 PM)
i cant sleep without my stuffed penguin , Mr.Shivers. also, not without my carebares nightlight... (yes, i am 13 tongue.gif )

Don't worry I'm 24 and still sleep with a stuffed snow leopard named Adriane.
cheese is funny
heh.. i sleep with a stuffed penguin too... and im 17... and i dont care tongue.gif

and now that i have time alone to myself after school... i have the constant masturbation one going too... and i do mean constant... unsure.gif

i cant think of anymore... ill think of more later... you would think i would know me well enough to just know these things... but you would think wrong... tongue.gif
Jaq
QUOTE (LoLo @ Sep 16 2003, 08:38 PM)
QUOTE (chester @ Sep 16 2003, 06:27 PM)
i cant sleep without my stuffed penguin , Mr.Shivers. also, not without my carebares nightlight... (yes, i am 13  tongue.gif )

Don't worry I'm 24 and still sleep with a stuffed snow leopard named Adriane.

Funny...I never named any of my stuffed animals. Okay, I didn't really have any stuffed animals, but I had dolls...and I never named them either.
sizzlieswix
i am nervous when i talk to people in person so i run me fingers through me hair a lot..it gives meself something to do so i don't have to look them in the eye
Alanity
When in the car I stair at walls trying to catch the exact moment they're at a 90% angle to me and do that with every house we pass.
Oh and constant masturbation's all I do when I get depressed. blink.gif unsure.gif ph34r.gif
porcelainwarrior
oh my so many...basic ones are....

counting everything in fives

stepping on things equally with each foot, cracks, textures, even if i step in a shadow with one foot i have to step in a shadow with the other foot too.

stepping equally heavily or touching with the same force with each hand/foot

washing my hands

brushing my teeth (4/5 times a day)

washing my hair (2/3 times a day depending if i have time after school as well as morning and night)

chewing food equally on each side of my mouth (in fives), generally eat meals in blocks of 25 bites five at the back of each side, five at the front of each side and five in the middle (which is why im funny about eating in front of people)

fixing rings, necklaces, bracelets all the time

erm...biting my nails, smoking (gah! bad me i started again...), chewing the insides of my cheeks, chewing pens and straws and stuff...

that be all for now...
Hyperion
QUOTE (syuu @ Sep 16 2003, 05:22 PM)
I HAVE to chew the straw. Otherwise the coke isn't good. ..

Oh man. Did anyone else catch the drug refrences there?

Anyhoo.

I um. . . I chew the skin beside my nails. Not the nails themselves, mind you, but the skin. They're all torn up.
And I tap my pen. And I hum compulsively.
I like to sing the Gilligan's Island theme in math class (I miss Andrew, he sang with me way back when in Geometry).
Ooh, and I obsess over boys. And sometimes girls, but mostly boys.
I doodle. On EVERYTHING. I once wrote "bondage" in tag on a test. . . .
I wash my face. I am obsessed with having a clean face. Which is why I hate makeup, but then again, I feel oddly naked without my black or purple lipstick.
I fidgit. Can't sit still.
I do fix my boobs when they're behaving badly. No matter where I am (class, lunch, footbal game NOT in important stuff though. . . usually)But at least don't "arrange my balls" *sniff*
I HAVE to wear at least a little jewlery. I cannot leave the house without a bracelet on. *sigh*

I'm going to stop there. I'm not even going to tell you about my thing with food during sex.

Oops.
WeeJ
I sleep with a pink feather pillow...well, I did until it burst everywhere sad.gif
I woke up one morning plastered in feathers sad.gif
Hyperion
I did that once. They stuck to me, too, coz it was hot.

If I kiss my stuffed animals goodnight, I have to do them ALL cause otherwise I feel like I'm favoring them. Like the M&Ms thing, but. . . Yeah, I also used to be SUPER NICE to my barbies so that they wouldn't come alive and kill me in the night.

This stemmed from watching pieces of Puppet Masters when I was a li'l tyke.
I'm STILL afraid of dolls. . . and I just glanced behind me coz I'm paranoid.
WeeJ
QUOTE (Hyperion @ Sep 17 2003, 09:59 AM)
I did that once. They stuck to me, too, coz it was hot.

I miss my pillow actually sad.gif It only burst last week. I like to sleep holding something...I don't know why. none of my other pillows feel the same. Its ok holding Mat in bed when we snuggle...but he's not squishy and pillow sized sad.gif

Or pink for that matter.
Hyperion
*comforts, offers baby piggy*

It's um. . . squishy and pink and pillow sized. You may want to house train it, though. . .
WeeJ
QUOTE (Hyperion @ Sep 17 2003, 10:43 AM)
*comforts, offers baby piggy*

It's um. . . squishy and pink and pillow sized. You may want to house train it, though. . .

Are we weird? unsure.gif unsure.gif unsure.gif
nordelen
mumbling, covering my mouth when speaking (im very paranoid about my voice, coz its similar to that of the caracter in the film "sling blade"), looking at the ground when i'm walking, and tapping. thats all i can think of off hand.
Mr Fuzzy
QUOTE (WeeJ @ Sep 17 2003, 11:31 AM)
I miss my pillow actually sad.gif It only burst last week. I like to sleep holding something...I don't know why. none of my other pillows feel the same. Its ok holding Mat in bed when we snuggle...but he's not squishy and pillow sized sad.gif

Or pink for that matter.

Have you considered force feeding him pies, then spray painting him?
WeeJ
QUOTE (Mr Fuzzy @ Sep 17 2003, 11:24 AM)
QUOTE (WeeJ @ Sep 17 2003, 11:31 AM)

Or pink for that matter.

Have you considered force feeding him pies, then spray painting him?

Good plan, but I don't think he'd appreciate that.
Debaser
i almost forgot...

i am EXTREMELY anal about my mp3 collection...everything has to be named in the same format ("tracknumber - song.mp3"), in the right artist/album folder, and have every first letter capitalised in the ID tag...otherwise i get really REALLY pissed off...
Alanity
Yeah I'm like that as well, except I always have it all lower case and in the typical "artist - album - track number - title" format.
magikeyes14
QUOTE (syuu @ Sep 16 2003, 02:30 PM)
QUOTE (magikeyes14 @ Sep 17 2003, 10:28 AM)
i have to have two straws or i cant drink something... and i cant walk and drink at the same time.. i have to stop then take a drink..... um.. and i have more but i cant think of them... i';ll have to ask my friends tomarro  laugh.gif

Yes! You know what I'm talking about. Straws are wild, aren't they? But have you tried chewing them? That just makes it more fun, because you can't get as much of it, therefore you aren't taking the drink for granted .. and it lasts longer!

hehe.. i have more! i have to crack everything in order, first my nuckles, then my neck, then my back... and if i dont i feel weird... um... i have to twirl my ring on my thumb when talking to someone.. u play with my necklace while on the phone....i have to wear my pants at a certain length under my bellybutton, if i cant then i fold my pants down so they are low enough....i always have to be in the middle when im walking with an add number of friends... and if im only walking with one person i have to be on the right, always... um... i have to carry my back pack to one side.... and i have to have my nails long... if i dont then i feel weird... o yah, and i have to sleep with exactly 5 pillows... 3 under my head, one to cuddle with... and one to keep me from rolling around.... hehe...
Feyliya
I always have to sit in a back corner of any resturant I'm eating at, and I always have to be in the very corner seat. I always have to have something at my back. We call it my "Anita Blake" syndrome (and I bet only about 3 people on here will get that refrence).
magikeyes14
OMG! I DO THE SAME THING! I cant stand sitting with my back to eveeryone... o yah, and another one, is i always have to have a knife on when im wearing a dress... but then again, its probably cuz i always seem to get in fights when wearing a dress...
chester
i almost always look at my feet when i walk. my middle school is an outdoor one, so there are pillars everywhere. run into them on a daily basis...

i never look where im going, so i run into people a lot. yesterday i ran into some jerk and hes all "get the f**k off me, b*tch!!!" i dont think its possible to censor all the words i said back to him tongue.gif

i constantly change what kind of order i keep my cds. theyre currently in autoboigraphical order. last week it was by alphabetical by the name of the third song on each album. if i keep them in one specific order i get sick of it fast.

uh... when im nervous or sick i always scratch my right hand with my left until it turns red, or even starts to bleed.

i cant eat anything before 12pm

i never tie my shoes. if i did itd just feel wierd and id kill myself trying to get them off to change for PE

i cant go anywhere without earings, a necklace, and at least 3 bracelets.

i have way more than that, but thats all i can think of right now.
kidvicious2punk
kelly did u really have to post the part where you ran into me tongue.gif

errr....
i drink out of the side of my mouth with my mouth closed...its wierd...i like suck out of the side of my mouth.....

and i also have a tendancy to show off and always end up feeling stupid
monkey_called_narth
i count my steps without relising it and i used to have how many steps it took from one place to the next memorised and i remimber a few...
its 43 steps from my bed to the place in my dads room where he hides the cartoon of cigg's- but i remimber that one because i count it so i can find them in the dark
anouther one is its 18 steps from my bed to the computer...
23 from computer to my couch to watch tv...
54 from my computer to the bathroom...

and so on its rather irritating because when i walk long distances i lose track
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.