Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Board Looks Different...
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2
Mr Fuzzy
In case anybody was wondering, the board has been updated from version 1.1a to 1.2 today. It should be more stable, and have some new functionality now. I don't know all the enhancements yet, so any of you who spot new things, mention them here!
LoLo
I think I already gave you my list on yahoo. lol. Did I annoy you? oh micro beeped, breakfast is up tah!
VVes
Ohhhhhhh!!! laugh.gif

Yayy!! Upgrades rox!!!
Polocrunch
*Caresses smooth, flowing shapes.*
*Admires classy colour scheme.*
*Ogles flashy new font.*

I'm impressed people. Polo man think is good!
LoLo
Cool thing I just noticed. The icons that tell you if there are new posts on the boards (ie mr sb for no new posts, lgg for new posts) change automatically when you view a forum. I was just in daft and daily life had mr sb, then weej posted and when i got done in daft lgg was on daily life cause there was a new post. kick ass!
Pixelgoth
Hmmmm, I'm not sure I like it that much but the jury is out until I get a bit more used to it! At least it's still fast....but then I guess that's more to do with my internet connection.

Where's the old logo? The new one looks 'smudged' or is it my 'puter? unsure.gif
LoLo
It does looks smudged but that I believe is an on purpose thing.
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (LoLo @ Sep 17 2003, 03:31 PM)
It does looks smudged but that I believe is an on purpose thing.

Ah well that's OK then biggrin.gif I thought it was my iMac playing silly beggars rolleyes.gif
FurryMammal
you can open and close topic options. i have no idea if that is new, though.

find it at the bottom of the thingy, a little button biggrin.gif

the writing is smaller looks a bit stranger, like my ex gf's handwriting. anyway, yarrrrr
VVes
Yes, I noticed the page logos seem "smudged" or have a "motion blur" is this intentional, or just a "glitch"?
Jaq
It looks like the yahoo icons. Weird. Interesting though..

Gnah! My alarm just went off! (I should get up now)
Hyperion
I like it. Very chic.
Mata
Yep, the smuding was intentional, it looked a bit bland up there with just text and the old forum logo didn't fit anymore!

It's funny, the board looks different but I'm having trouble actually pinpointing exactly _how_ it's changed!
MistressAlti
I like the warning bars... dunno if non-mods can see them, but I can.

Report Post button got moved to the top of each post. Much more convenient there, I think.

The pop-up profile is sweet too - if you don't know what I mean, look at the bar underneath posts with the usual PM, Y!, etc logos thing, and there's a new one to the far left that, when clicked, does profile pop-ups.

The whole thing just looks smarter. More professional and less cute-ish.
CommieBastard
QUOTE (MistressAlti @ Sep 17 2003, 06:14 PM)

You mean like on AIM?
MistressAlti
QUOTE (CommieBastard @ Sep 17 2003, 12:15 PM)
QUOTE (MistressAlti @ Sep 17 2003, 06:14 PM)

You mean like on AIM?

Kinda like that... since you're asking, I guess this means you CAN'T see it?
VVes
QUOTE (MistressAlti @ Sep 17 2003, 11:14 AM)

Report Post button got moved to the top of each post. Much more convenient there, I think.

The pop-up profile is sweet too - if you don't know what I mean, look at the bar underneath posts with the usual PM, Y!, etc logos thing, and there's a new one to the far left that, when clicked, does profile pop-ups.

The whole thing just looks smarter. More professional and less cute-ish.

Ooooooooo... your are right...drools... It's a wonderful virtual world, this Matazone!
CommieBastard
Indeed I can't. Seems the ruling class is keeping the workers in the dark.
MistressAlti
QUOTE (CommieBastard @ Sep 17 2003, 12:17 PM)

Looks like that, only without the bad colour distortion. Evil, old, cheap university computer with crappy MS Paint, not letting me save in any use-able format besides .gif!
CommieBastard
Interesting...so now mods can warn? You get more powerful by the second... ph34r.gif
MistressAlti
QUOTE (CommieBastard @ Sep 17 2003, 12:22 PM)
Interesting...so now mods can warn? You get more powerful by the second... ph34r.gif

I have no idea what power, exactly, that has... can I try it on you to find out?

Ooh, and another change: the fact that it no longer lists the "bots" as guests. Cool. Love it.
VVes
QUOTE (Mata @ Sep 17 2003, 11:08 AM)
Yep, the smuding was intentional, it looked a bit bland up there with just text and the old forum logo didn't fit anymore!

It's funny, the board looks different but I'm having trouble actually pinpointing exactly _how_ it's changed!

Ah, well spiffy looking indeed!!!

It's so subtle...sort of like changing your watch, different , yet familiar. blink.gif
Mr Fuzzy
QUOTE (CommieBastard @ Sep 17 2003, 06:17 PM)

I can set it so that you can see your own warn level. As things stand I've left the more draconian abilities of the warning system off, but as a tool to see when people have been told off it could be fairly handy. As things stood before there was the possibility of several people doing it without knowing that a mention had already been made. Saves on the overkill!

Edit. I've switched it over. I assume people aren't seeing other members warning levels?
VVes
...ok, what is this "warning" and why do I have little tan blocks?
Mr Fuzzy
It's just a more controlled method of the traditional PM saying "Oi! Stop that!" when people are going a bit far. As I say, if modly types can tell when it has been done, it saves on several people sending a slap!
Sun Tsu
Right, so i'm only on 0 now, but if i start acting the ejit, it goes up, and when it reaches 100, i'm banned....that correct?
Mr Fuzzy
No. It can be set to do that, but therein lies danger! At the moment it's set as 10 blocks, and when you reach 10... I really have no idea. Nothing happens automatically though. I doubt we'll be seeing any hitting 100% for a fair while, as generally people are pretty well behaved 'round these here parts!

Warning. Warn levels may go down as well as up. Really. There's a minus button too.
Pikasyuu
Thanks to whoever asked that. I was getting a bit frightened there. Thankfully .. I remain home-free at zero. - Tosses spoons at people in happiness -

Wonderful new systems, tho'. Very sexy.
VVes
QUOTE (Mr Fuzzy @ Sep 17 2003, 12:40 PM)
No. It can be set to do that, but therein lies danger! At the moment it's set as 10 blocks, and when you reach 10... I really have no idea. Nothing happens automatically though. I doubt we'll be seeing any hitting 100% for a fair while, as generally people are pretty well behaved 'round these here parts!

Warning. Warn levels may go down as well as up. Really. There's a minus button too.

So you mean I got slapped 5 times already??? ack!!! (5 blocks @ zero) I'm confused?
Mr Fuzzy
1 block= 10%

I'm assuming that it's only drawing 5 for the moment because it doesn't need to do any more. You just want to keep an eye on the percentage really.
VVes
QUOTE (Mr Fuzzy @ Sep 17 2003, 12:52 PM)
1 block= 10%

I'm assuming that it's only drawing 5 for the moment because it doesn't need to do any more. You just want to keep an eye on the percentage really.

Ah, alright then! Phew... Thanks!

Shreds my home assignment and tosses it as confetti to the crowd full of glee!
Oni Usagi
2 new things I've noticed so far.
Mini Profile button, next to PM.
and the button to go to the top on every post.
VVes
Personal Photo!!!!

Oi, this could be dangerous???? Hahahaha...
Oni Usagi
It looks like we can have slightly larger avs. 102 x 116. And it auto scales them if they're too big.
Mr Fuzzy
The av size has been a setting from the start, but the auto scaling is new. It also doesn't stretch out a smaller picture any more, so you could have a pixel pet as an av for example without it being distorted and blocky.
Oni Usagi
I thought it used to be 100 x 100. Oh well.
Debaser
gah, there's still a good couple of irritating quirks for us poor mozilla firebird users...

but apart from that, it's nice...
Logicman
QUOTE (Oni Usagi @ Sep 17 2003, 01:13 PM)
It looks like we can have slightly larger avs. 102 x 116. And it auto scales them if they're too big.

I thought it always did that... It did for me anywho...
Feyliya
I added a pic for that mini pop-up profile thingie that got added. What do ya'll think of it?
VVes
QUOTE (Feyliya @ Sep 17 2003, 03:01 PM)
I added a pic for that mini pop-up profile thingie that got added. What do ya'll think of it?

It's sweet!

Good job!
Feyliya
I was tempted to put this one:
http://www.gamespy.com/avatars/av/AT/at334.gif
But then I remembered Oni had one that looked a lot like it.
VVes
QUOTE (Feyliya @ Sep 17 2003, 03:06 PM)
I was tempted to put this one:
http://www.gamespy.com/avatars/av/AT/at334.gif
But then I remembered Oni had one that looked a lot like it.

It would have been more entertaining , since nobody newer than a month ago has seen it. Still , you're present one is quite tasteful.
Debaser
sorry, just an update...

there are LOTS OF IRRITATING LITTLE QUIRKS on this forum for us poor mozilla firebird users! you updated properly?
Mr Fuzzy
What sort of quirks?
Debaser
people's posts appearing under the wrong username, sigs becoming "integrated" with the page layout, the profile thingy on the left taking a nice big shift to the right...
Mr Fuzzy
Odd. I don't have Firebird myself, but it certainly works fine with IE and Opera. I may check it out tomorrow. If I survive going to Cardiff and back...
Jaq
I'm having a little trouble with the updates and so hasDebs(I think with the same problem) My last two posts I hvaen't been able to see properly on the forums. The first one was deleted entirely and it looked like a blank post and the second one was blank too but it looked like it had been posted by Sun Tsu, except it had my sig...

Anyone else having these problems?
Mata
What really annoys me is that I can't give Mr Fuzzy warnings!

I could chuck him off while he's not looking though... MWAHAHAHAHA... Ahem...
Pikasyuu
Only thing wrong is the slow loading. =P Otherwise, it's quite sexy.
Mr Fuzzy
QUOTE (Mata @ Sep 18 2003, 06:07 PM)
What really annoys me is that I can't give Mr Fuzzy warnings!

I could chuck him off while he's not looking though... MWAHAHAHAHA... Ahem...

Oi! Just for that I shan't tell how to enable warnings for the admin group!

Or perhaps I'll turn them on, give you lots, then turn them off again... Tee hee!

Then again, I could de-admin you!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.