Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hobot Isn't Here Right Now.
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daft
Mr Fuzzy
Not only does Hotbot have no ability to index forums but... It smells of poo!
Logicman
Hotbot is evil and detestable and vile and smelly and I hate it I hate it I hate it! laugh.gif
Debaser
damn. the title said hobot.

i got all excited. tongue.gif
Sally Big Boots
Who is Hotbot, and why do you dislike this person so much? What did this person ever do to you?
Logicman
Hotbot is a really annoying search engine bot that comes here several times a day and stays for hours, attempting to index the forum. Little does it know that we have ways of dealing with such perpetrators of our privacy...
Jaq
Hotbot is the smelliest thing that ever did smell in the smell race to see which bot smelled. The most.

Also it's mother wears comfortable shoes.
Logicman
*gasp* comfortable shoes? The vile demon!
WeeJ
What's it ever done to you hmmm?
Shame on you Fuzzy...picking on something that can't answer back tongue.gif
Logicman
QUOTE (WeeJ @ Sep 23 2003, 02:05 PM)
What's it ever done to you hmmm?
Shame on you Fuzzy...picking on something that can't answer back tongue.gif

Exactly! That way there's no fear of retribution! laugh.gif
scipiomexicanus
well in that case...!!^#^@%#$&%^#@%&%^*^*#%^@^@$%&#^@$%&@%!%@%$&@#^@!^#%&#^@&# (comment about Hotbot's mother)
CommieBastard
HotBot is baaa-aaaack....

You're in trou-ble....
scipiomexicanus
nooooooo!!!!!!!!

*runs away scared*
werewolf3361
*has read the whole thread and still has no clue what/who HotBot is...* blink.gif *confused...* wacko.gif
Mr Fuzzy
If you look at the active list these days you will more than likely see 'Hot Bot' which is a search engine spider. It picks up pages and indexes them for www.hotbot.com. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to handle fora well, so it's constantly here doing nothing worthwhile.
Debaser
fora? bleah, forii sounds better...

/me is still thinking up amusing things for hobot...hobo-t...hehe...
Mr Fuzzy
It makes me think of a flaming arse. Not far off considering my experiences using it...
Industrial Kybosh
QUOTE (Debaser @ Sep 23 2003, 07:59 PM)
damn. the title said hobot.

i got all excited. tongue.gif

Yeah, I noticed that....

Maybe it's a case of The Littlest Hobot - travelling from forum to forum, but never staying for long...

Maybe tomorrow I'll try to settle down... until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on...
WeeJ
HotBot's other half, Googlebot is here at the mo.

Oooh the suspense ohmy.gif
CovertYawn
!!! Google bot just went off... maybe googlebot and hotbot are having martial difficulties !!! ohmy.gif
scipiomexicanus
its hard to hide a yawn
gerbilfromhell
i saw 'google bot' here once blink.gif

coming soon: CIAbot laugh.gif ph34r.gif
werewolf3361
ahh! HotBot and GoogleBot are bothe here right now! laugh.gif
Logicman
QUOTE (CovertYawn @ Sep 24 2003, 11:31 AM)
!!! Google bot just went off... maybe googlebot and hotbot are having martial difficulties !!!  ohmy.gif

Martial difficulties? They're whacking each other with nunchaku? Or do you mean they're having eagle problems? Or what?
CovertYawn
Martial difficulties? They're whacking each other with nunchaku? Or do you mean they're having eagle problems? Or what?

Can't get their stances right tongue.gif
Izzy
Ok, this is very much along the lines on necroposting, but...

I thought it was funny that Hotbot is viewing this topic right now.
michael1384
What are hotbot and google.com? Define 'index the forum'.
Moosh
Hotbot and Googlebot are spiders, little computer programs that go around the internet by following links and read pages. This is how search engines work, they send out spiders to catalogue the internet, and build up a searchable database. The fact that googlebot and co are on here means that the forums will show up on google and other search engines.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.