Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Costume Competition
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > About the animations
Pages: 1, 2
Mata
For those of you not yet on my mailing list (why aren't you? Tsk!) here's what's new:

Hiya,

It's been a while since there's bee activity on my site, but I've moved house/submitted a PhD chapter etc. so things can get back on track!

I'm just starting work on a new animation, The Other Side has a whole new look AND I've put up a new competition for Halloween.

You can check it all out from the link on the main page:

http://www.matazone.co.uk

(Yep, notice the new short URL to get you to the same The Other Side page, it just forwards you to the longer version but it makes it easier to pass on to people.)

The competition is for you to email in photos of yourselves dressed up as characters from The Other Side animations. Have fun!

There'll be a new animation online soon, thanks for your patience while I've been sorting my life out.

More updates coming in the next few weeks!

Mata
cheese is funny
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

must.... get... blue.... brain... eating... kitten... costume..... <runs off>
CrissiLove
That's so cool!!! I can't wait to see the entries! smile.gif Man, I really need to learn how to sew.... lol
gerbilfromhell
MATA YOU READ MY MIND! no, literally, expect to hear from my lawyers shortly laugh.gif (nah, jk, i never thought of that....)

but i am DEFINITELLY going to win that contest! biggrin.gif

i've got a great idea, too.....tis appropriate too.

*buys a clown costume and some black dye* wink.gif
oobunnie
The competition closes at the end of November. Judging will happen by November 7th and the winner will be notified by email.

Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but this just doesnt sound correct.

Hmmm finding a pink bunny costume isnt that hard.... but where to find the laser vision and plasma like breath... fluffykins here I come
Prince Aries
For the record, at work we get costume day and I'll be using that chance to pimp out Matazone to the God fearing shoppers of teh Bible Belt.

Meanwhile....I'm thinking for myself.....Ninja Morissey Fan. laugh.gif
monkey_called_narth
does that mean i have to put off dying my hair black and blue? or will that not be taken off im kinnda sick of this light reddish brownish color and i was dying it black and blue at the end of the week....
WeeJ
I may consider donning a pink bunny costume and a samurii sword. Depends if the mood takes me smile.gif laugh.gif
Mata
*ponders WeeJ in a bunny outfit*

Anyway, yep, there was a mistype in the page earlier that I've now corrected. You have one month to email entries to me and judging will be on the 7th of December (or a few days before, it depends when I get the chance to put a page together really).
WeeJ
Actually, I have a friend who has an ornamental samurii sword...I might be able to pull this off laugh.gif
elf
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I was stumped for a costume and here's my answer!

*frowns* Now if only I could sew...
Mata
If I get loads of entries I might have to make categories for the costumes! I might also consider giving out more than one prize, it really depends on how many people decide to take part...
saucy_tara
I may gouge out my eyes, slice off my nose and tear off my mouth, then I could be the counsellor!!!! laugh.gif laugh.gif
Jonman
My costume will involve 18 pints of beer. After that, my eyes go all googly, just like Mr SB. The resemblance is astounding.

Consume!
Fall over!
Pass out!
LoLo
If I go for my normal Halloween costume I could actually look like lgg freaking out. lol
DocBrown1985
i dont know how to pull off that green sheen that surrounds the counsoler... Are photoshopped pics applicable? becasue man i could do some cool stuff then
TigerLily013
Funny, I am being a mix between a diva, goth and a grim reaper so i kinda look like LGG so i might send that pic in
Mata
QUOTE (DocBrown1985 @ Oct 14 2003, 02:58 AM)
i dont know how to pull off that green sheen that surrounds the counsoler... Are photoshopped pics applicable? becasue man i could do some cool stuff then

Nope, only genuine photos please (it says so in the rules on the age itself but they are the smallprint).

I'm curious to see how people interpret Sarah the LGG's hairstyle, I've got no idea what is actually going on with it and I'm too afraid to ask. I think there might be a lot more entries with her latest hairstyle than the original one!
Phyllis
GAH!

If I hadn't cut my hair the other day, I could have done LGG's original hairstyle really well...but now my hair is too short. sad.gif (It would have been sort of similar to the year I went as Pippi Longstocking...got the braids to stick out really well).

So, I think I'm actually going to be Mr. SB. happy.gif I'm buying the fabric tomorrow..woohoo!
Mata
I'm very curious to see what people come up with... How on earth are you going to do Mr Snaffleburger? A few ideas spring to mind but I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with!
gerbilfromhell
well, after going from store to store looking for a suitable jester's costume (which i never actually found.... but i found something RELATIVELLY close....), i've FINALLY gotten my clown killer costume finished (and have tried it on... not exactly perfect, but not too bad). submitting the pic later tonight. can anyone host it here for me?
Phyllis
I can, Gerb. Just PM me and I'll give ya my e-mail to send it to. smile.gif
elf
Wah. I couldn't get a costume in time. So I'm being a guy instead... which is not exactly a Matazone character. Sorry all u_u;
porcelainwarrior
i thought we had til the end of november? ionno...but im being a witch tonight...it isnt quite up to LGG standards so im sticking a hat on and carrying my broomstick and a stuffed cat around until i get my damn hair to do as i bid it tongue.gif but i have the boots! and the dress! oh yes...now if only i knew how to use the timer on my camera...
WeeJ
In the tradition of Halloween...tonight, I shall be dressing up as a sausage roll.
I intend to roll up in my duvet and hope tonight goes away. I don't like halloween sad.gif

If I had the time to get up town...I would definatly dress up as Samuri Lapin wink.gif
Sir Psycho Sexy
QUOTE (WeeJ @ Oct 31 2003, 12:58 PM)
I would definatly dress up as Samuri Lapin wink.gif

i was considering how much it'd cost to get a pink bunny costume....though i don't know where i'd get a sword from huh.gif
Mata
You do still have one month to submit your photos so while it is technically a Halloween competition I won't know if you made your outfit two weeks later...
Zecorda
QUOTE (Sir_Psycho_Sexy @ Oct 31 2003, 09:09 AM)
QUOTE (WeeJ @ Oct 31 2003, 12:58 PM)
I would definatly dress up as Samuri Lapin wink.gif

i was considering how much it'd cost to get a pink bunny costume....though i don't know where i'd get a sword from huh.gif

I'm going as Samurai Lapin next year. Just get a pink kimono or somthing, samurai sword and pink bunny ears.
CrazyFooIAintGettinOnNoPlane
My mittens-photos will be ready on wednesday! Yay!
Twitching
*waits to find out who won this*

Who else entered? (I did.)
TigerLily013
I entered as well.
TigerLily013
I am as eager as others to find out who won. I checked out the site last night and couldn't find the link the contest in question. What's going on?
Twitching
My guess is that Mata is judging and that they're all so great he's having trouble picking the best. biggrin.gif Much luck to you.

*continues waiting*
Mr Fuzzy
Either that or he was bitten by a leopard and his leg went all runny and fell off.

Remember - leopards can be hazardous to your health.
Mata
Actually the truth is I've been ill with the flu over the weekend and I've got two contracts to finish within the next 24 hours (that I was going to be finishing yesterday instead of lying in bed and shivering).

Crappy immune systems can really get in the way of my plans sometimes...

So... The announcement will probably come on Tuesday night or Wednesday.
Twitching
Poor Mata. sad.gif Hope you get better soon!
Mata
*sniff*

I intend on taking Wednesday off. I doubt it will happen, but it's a nice idea... I'm not entirely sure if I know how to 'not work'. It's a bit of a foreign concept, but that's what happens when your passion becomes your job.
Mr Fuzzy
I can teach you. There's a knack to not work. Not a very difficult one though.
TigerLily013
Hope you get well soon mata *hugs*
acidteardrop
awwww...get better mata! *hugs*we love you!

omg! i hugged mata! =O ^.^

i wonder who won.
CrazyFooIAintGettinOnNoPlane
the suspense is killing me! tongue.gif
I want to see other peoples costumes!
Phyllis
QUOTE (crazymat @ Dec 10 2003, 09:30 AM)
I want to see other peoples costumes!

I already posted mine ages ago...along with all my pumpkin carving pics. biggrin.gif It was a Candice-Halloween-Extravaganza! Only, not quite, cause the pumpkin pics didn't turn out very well...lol.

Aww...get better soon, Mata! sad.gif
Jonman
QUOTE (Mata @ Dec 8 2003, 03:21 PM)
*sniff*

I intend on taking Wednesday off. I doubt it will happen, but it's a nice idea... I'm not entirely sure if I know how to 'not work'. It's a bit of a foreign concept, but that's what happens when your passion becomes your job.

I've got a simple recipe for not working.

Mix in equal measures:

Sofa.
Videogames.
Alcohol.

' Works a bloody charm. I've got a funny feeling that the Fuzzla'll be able to help you out on that one. Mind you, what with being ill, you may want to subsititue the alcohol for citrus fruit and a duvet.
Mata
Well, no, taking today off really didn't work, but I might have tomorrow afternoon free... I'll be working late again tonight, but I've got a few cans of Guiness in the fridge that should make it all a little less painful.
Sir Psycho Sexy
QUOTE (Mata @ Dec 10 2003, 07:30 PM)
I've got a few cans of Guiness in the fridge

no you don't have an excuse not to clean the toilet.....foo'!!! tongue.gif
Twitching
*looks at calandar*
*rocks back and forth*

Meh, someone PM me when these results get posted? I'm completely *dying* of curiousity.

*hops up and down*
Mata
The results are now up on the main page, so now I think I will go and collapse in a flu infested mess on the sofa.

I've PMed Twitching so no-one else needs to do that.

Congratulations to Candice, I'll be in touch about getting your T-shirt to you.
Ocean!
Tee-hee. Nice job guys!
Phyllis
Still sick, Mata? sad.gif I hope you feel better soon.

And oho! Those are some neato costumes I was up against! I was really excited to see what everyone else did. Mat, I especially liked your Mittens costume. happy.gif I was wondering how anyone would go as Mittens without doing a whole lot of sewing!
phoenix
go cand, your minion is so proud of you!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.