Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Attention All Coming To The West Coast Meet
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Phyllis
So, I was thinking, we need to make a thread to figure out how many people are coming, so we can figure out how much each of us needs to save up before March.

Please only respond if you are REALLY serious about coming.

What we need to know:

Will you be staying in the cabins with us?

If so, how many nights?

If you are a minor, will you be bringing a parent with you? Have they given you a fairly clear answer about being able to come? Are you willing to abide by the rule of no drinking if you're underaged (hate to keep bringing that up, but it IS really important)?

If you are not a minor, will you be interested in going to a local club with us on Sunday night for goth night (it is 18+, you don't need to be 21)? If you're under 18, can you drive (we do need a designated driver still, I think....)?

Oh, and btw, the date that won for the meet is July 10th-12th.

I think that's everything. If not, feel free to add on, anyone! smile.gif
Phyllis
Will you be staying in the cabins with us? I think so...

If so, how many nights? Probably 2.

If you are not a minor, will you be interested in going to a local club with us on Sunday night for goth night (it is 18+, you don't need to be 21)? If you're under 18, can you drive (we do need a designated driver still, I think....)? Of course I'm going. happy.gif But, I can't drive. Even if I could...I'm of age, so I plan on drinking.
Prince Aries
Will you be staying in the cabins with us? Yes and Lo's shower when applicable.

If so, how many nights? However long everyone else does.

If you are not a minor, will you be interested in going to a local club with us on Sunday night for goth night (it is 18+, you don't need to be 21)? If you're under 18, can you drive (we do need a designated driver still, I think....)? Yes I am going. Yes I am drinking so I cant DD sad.gif
phoenix
me i am!! i'm going!!! i plan the whole time, in the cabins, i'm in the 18+ age group but under 21. um yeah i live far away so i will have to pay when i get there unless another arrangement is made. yep thats it for now.
cheese is funny
staying in cabins - hope so

how many nights - all three days

If you are not a minor, will you be interested in going to a local club with us on Sunday night for goth night (it is 18+, you don't need to be 21)? If you're under 18, can you drive (we do need a designated driver still, I think....)? i wll be 18 by that date, and so i MIGHT go goth clubbing.... and i MIGHT be able to drive... all depends really... oh, and if possable, i will NOT bring any parent for the meet.
oxym0ronical
Will you be staying in the cabins with us? Yes

If so, how many nights? 2-3

I'm not a minor, so.. no parent.

If you are not a minor, will you be interested in going to a local club with us on Sunday night for goth night (it is 18+, you don't need to be 21)? If you're under 18, can you drive (we do need a designated driver still, I think....)? Yep, I'm coming. As far as the drinking.. well.. unless you guys can't find another DD, I'll most likely be drinking too tongue.gif
jadestorm
i wanna go toooooo....lol

id like to go with my roomie aries and id like to stay in the cabins...how long however long he stays i guess smile.gif
Little Green Goth
Well, I'm not enterly sure yet, I still have to talk it over with my chris but I think I'll be comming. If I am, I'll be the DD since I don't drink or any of that. biggrin.gif
LoLo
Will you be staying in the cabins with us? yes unless you all bore me to death or won't let me rest and I decide to go home and abandon you for the night. jk Yes I'll be staying there just to enjoy the merryment of you lot

If so, how many nights?the 2 nights planned for

If you are a minor, will you be bringing a parent with you? Have they given you a fairly clear answer about being able to come? Are you willing to abide by the rule of no drinking if you're underaged (hate to keep bringing that up, but it IS really important)?

If you are not a minor, will you be interested in going to a local club with us on Sunday night for goth night (it is 18+, you don't need to be 21)? If you're under 18, can you drive (we do need a designated driver still, I think....)?I'm 24, I'm going, without me you can't find the place. I just hope we can find a DD, but if we can't I'll do it.

(oh and might want to change that date time to 10-13 since we're going to goth night, which is a Sunday, which meens the things going to go through Monday)
Phyllis
QUOTE (LoLo @ Oct 14 2003, 05:02 AM)
(oh and might want to change that date time to 10-13 since we're going to goth night, which is a Sunday, which meens the things going to go through Monday)

We're staying Saturday through Monday, aren't we?

Saturday is the 10th of July, Sunday is the 11th, and Monday is the 12th. tongue.gif
phoenix
yeah the offical dates would be goog so the 10-13? we arrive saturday and leave monday, ok
Phyllis
QUOTE (phoenix @ Oct 14 2003, 08:24 AM)
yeah the offical dates would be goog so the 10-13? we arrive saturday and leave monday, ok

No, the 10th through the 12th.

The 13th is a Tuesday. tongue.gif
Debaser
Will you be staying in the cabins with us? aye...

If so, how many nights? probably 2...

If you are a minor, will you be bringing a parent with you? Have they given you a fairly clear answer about being able to come? Are you willing to abide by the rule of no drinking if you're underaged (hate to keep bringing that up, but it IS really important)? not bringing parent, they've said i can go, and i guess i can do the no alcohol thing...
leopold
QUOTE (Debaser @ Oct 14 2003, 03:58 PM)
and i guess i can do the no alcohol thing...

After the last meet, it's prolly a wise move... wink.gif

Well, since I'm gonna be findin me meagre savings wiped out, plus havin to get a new place to live (which'll need to be tons bigger) then I can't afford to go any more... sad.gif

You guys all have a great time, an take loads o piccies!
Phyllis
Awww...we will Leo. And we'll miss ya there. sad.gif
Prince Aries
I personally plan on taking MANY pics of Cand getting wild on the dance floor with me! laugh.gif
Phyllis
QUOTE (Prince Aries @ Oct 17 2003, 10:04 AM)
I personally plan on taking MANY pics of Cand getting wild on the dance floor with me! laugh.gif

You cannot capture on film what does not happen, Aries m'dear. tongue.gif
Prince Aries
Ahhh, Cand and LoLo. So full of life. So full of confidence. laugh.gif

At any rate, I plan on bringing MANY cameras and etc to capture EVERYTHING this is going to be a once in a lifetime chance! happy.gif
phoenix
awww...... i'll dance!!!! get my grove thang on
Oni Usagi
Bump! Cause I'd hope there's more people coming than this. I hope to answer soon. Unfortunately I still lack jobage, and therefore cash.
werewolf3361
Will you be staying in the cabins with us? yes....

If so, how many nights? all of them I hope..... wink.gif

If you are a minor, will you be bringing a parent with you? Have they given you a fairly clear answer about being able to come? Are you willing to abide by the rule of no drinking if you're underaged (hate to keep bringing that up, but it IS really important)? I'm 14.... so yeah i'll have a parent with me.... and yes I do have a fairly clear answer about them coming... I don't know what parent I'll be bringing but yeah.... all I have to do is pass all my classes which I'm doing.... really well... happy.gif and I'll abide to not drinking.... I guess..... lol.... biggrin.gif

If you are not a minor, will you be interested in going to a local club with us on Sunday night for goth night (it is 18+, you don't need to be 21)? If you're under 18, can you drive (we do need a designated driver still, I think....)? once again i'm 14.... so I can't go to the club as much as I'd like to... dry.gif
Phyllis
QUOTE (werewolf3361 @ Oct 24 2003, 08:43 AM)
If you're under 18, can you drive (we do need a designated driver still, I think....)?

Whoops. I just realized there's a typo there. It should say if you're under 21, not 18...since if you're under 18 you'll obviously be doing something else while we're at the club.

Also, it looks like there'll be 9 of us who are not bringing parents, and only 1 who is bringing parents thus far. Does anyone want to volunteer to stay in the parents cabin so things will be a bit more balanced (I definitely don't...parents make me nervous...but I thought I'd ask anyhow)? biggrin.gif
acidteardrop
umm...ill need more info on it if i am to go.

basic stuff...and my dad (if i can go) will probably want to go with me.

i surely hope i can go! and if i can..ill give my info now.

Will you be staying in the cabins with us?yes

If so, how many nights? all of them

If you are a minor, will you be bringing a parent with you? Have they given you a fairly clear answer about being able to come? Are you willing to abide by the rule of no drinking if you're underaged (hate to keep bringing that up, but it IS really important)? never have, never will drink. i might bring kombucha though, which has alchohol in it(very teeny amounts). my dad aproves of that. they havent given an answer yet..i need mroe info first.

If you are not a minor, will you be interested in going to a local club with us on Sunday night for goth night (it is 18+, you don't need to be 21)? If you're under 18, can you drive (we do need a designated driver still, I think....)? [b]alas...i cant go to the club...so ill be in the cabns playing solitaire with underaged peoples. suuuure...well prolly just have a big orgy. tongue.gif
Sir Psycho Sexy
This is still a maybe, but i'm definately interested in representing the UK crew massiiiive!!

If so, how many nights? all of them... and then some unsure.gif

If you are a minor, will you be bringing a parent with you? Have they given you a fairly clear answer about being able to come? Are you willing to abide by the rule of no drinking if you're underaged (hate to keep bringing that up, but it IS really important)? no 'rents for me, i'm a free spirit

If you are not a minor, will you be interested in going to a local club with us on Sunday night for goth night (it is 18+, you don't need to be 21)? If you're under 18, can you drive (we do need a designated driver still, I think....)? I'll be there, and just as an aside, i've passed for 21 when i was 18...i'll be nearly 20 when this roles around...just a thought >_>
Phyllis
All the info we have is already listed in this thread, ATD. If your parents aren't too wild about traveling all the way to California for a meet, I believe there is also an east coast meet in progress.
magikeyes14
i'll be going with Wolfie... and if i dont go with her, im going with my brother dry.gif quite a skerry thought

Will you be staying in the cabins with us? yes....

If so, how many nights? all unless i wanna sleep erm... sumwhere else *laughs*

If you are a minor, will you be bringing a parent with you? Have they given you a fairly clear answer about being able to come? Are you willing to abide by the rule of no drinking if you're underaged (hate to keep bringing that up, but it IS really important)? yawp... im either going with Wolfie and her parents, or my 18 year old brother becuase my dad wouldnt wanna go... and yah i guess i can abide by the rule of no drinking, its my brother your gunna have to convince laugh.gif

If you are not a minor, will you be interested in going to a local club with us on Sunday night for goth night (it is 18+, you don't need to be 21)? If you're under 18, can you drive (we do need a designated driver still, I think....)? hm....... if i go with my borther he can drive for you guys... i think.. lol.... and bleh, they should have a.. erm... under 18 but over 12 club happy.gif hehe that would be funny.... then us under age people woulnt have to sit around playing "solitaire" hehe
phoenix
QUOTE (candice @ Oct 24 2003, 12:12 PM)
QUOTE (werewolf3361 @ Oct 24 2003, 08:43 AM)
If you're under 18, can you drive (we do need a designated driver still, I think....)?

Whoops. I just realized there's a typo there. It should say if you're under 21, not 18...since if you're under 18 you'll obviously be doing something else while we're at the club.

Also, it looks like there'll be 9 of us who are not bringing parents, and only 1 who is bringing parents thus far. Does anyone want to volunteer to stay in the parents cabin so things will be a bit more balanced (I definitely don't...parents make me nervous...but I thought I'd ask anyhow)? biggrin.gif

me is over 18 under 21 and has a license and parents make me nervous... vert nervous
acidteardrop
ok...all i need to know is the exact location of this meet, then i can ask my dad.

IF my dad says yes (which i must say, is not very likely) i will most likely have to bring him along (hopefull yi can go w/o him...hes embarassing)

krys promised to kiss me though tongue.gif, MUST......GO.....

ok, so what i need to know is this...

exact location-
time of arrival(not totally necessary)-
time of departure(" " ")-
age group of peopel there-

and hell want to talk to some of the adults there (via phone), so PM me if thats ok with soem of you adults
Phyllis
The exact location is Sacramento, CA. We'll be staying in the KOA Kabins (yes, Kabins..lmfao). I don't have the website handy, but I'm sure you could probably find it if needed (just do a search on Yahoo..that's where I found them).

We will be staying July 10th, 11th, and 12th. At least I think those are the dates. They're a Saturday, Sunday, and Monday.

Age group is rather varied...the youngest I think is 15 who is planning on going and the oldest is 24.
acidteardrop
i asked him and he said "probably", which means my odds of going are greater than 2:1...which is good. for me anyways, i know nobody here wants to deal with me for a weekend.rolleyes.gif

umm..one last thing are there any other attractions nearby? i mean it a KOA, so theres prolly some nice beach or state park or something nearby.

if i were to go then i will be going with my dad and stepmother...so theres 2 more rents. i havent met my stepmother yet (mostly cos she isnt my stepmother yet, my dad is still trying to get her into thecountry from china), but she sounds pretty cool.

yeah, so if someone who knows the area could give me details on attractions etc. near the area thatd be super-rad.
Phyllis
Sacramento isn't near a beach. It's inland (at least I think it is..hmm).

As for state parks, the nearest one I found to Sac was quite a ways away. An hour-ish, I think. I found it while looking for spots for us to camp. The cabins are actually in the middle of the city, from what I understand.
acidteardrop
well is there anything for a non goth/hardcore adult to do near the area that you know of?
LoLo
If you're coming to the West Coast meet, I think that the only time you really need to worry about what to do is while all the adults are off clubbing that night. Other than that it's going to be hanging out with everyone and having a good time. I probably will even be taking everyone to the bay area for one of the days so that people can cool off and what not.

If you're wondering for your parents, well Sac has pleanty of museums and tourist areas to visit. They could spend an entire day in Downtown Sac for example and visit some cool shops, and museums.
werewolf3361
QUOTE (candice @ Nov 1 2003, 07:45 PM)
Age group is rather varied...the youngest I think is 15 who is planning on going and the oldest is 24.

the youngest is 14 that's planing on going... I know that because I'm 14 and I plan on being there..... I'll be almost 15 but still.... I won't be 15 until the end of Aug. so yeah.... laugh.gif tongue.gif
Phyllis
Okay, new rule for the meet, to add to the no underaged drinking one....

If someone that you fight with on the forums shows up to the meet, it is expected that you will treat them with courtesy. If you don't think you'll be able to be civil to them, then please stay at home. We all just want to have fun, and fighting will only spoil that.

smile.gif
elf
*cries* I can't go...

*dies* You lucky female dogs that get to go! Wah... u_u;

Have fun though XD
Pikasyuu
Will you be staying in the cabins with us?

Yes, I will be. There would be nowhere else for me to sleep, now would there? =P

If so, how many nights?

As long as the meet goes on.

I will be bringing a parent with me. It's hard to say which, but needless to say I'll be doing my best efforts in the regard that it isn't my mother. Yes I'll be able to abide by the rule of no drinking, the last thing I want you people to see is me pissed and hanging off the roof of a cabin. =P

If you are not a minor, will you be interested in going to a local club with us on Sunday night for goth night (it is 18+, you don't need to be 21)? If you're under 18, can you drive (we do need a designated driver still, I think....)?

I loathe my age.

Btw, I've just gotten COMPLETE confirmation I'm going. dkigduidsahsadiu Katii is STOKED. ^.^!!
Jaq
Will you be staying in the cabins with us?Yup

If so, how many nights? All of them

If you are a minor, will you be bringing a parent with you? Have they given you a fairly clear answer about being able to come? Are you willing to abide by the rule of no drinking if you're underaged (hate to keep bringing that up, but it IS really important)? I'm not a minor

If you are not a minor, will you be interested in going to a local club with us on Sunday night for goth night (it is 18+, you don't need to be 21)? If you're under 18, can you drive (we do need a designated driver still, I think....)? Yup, I want to go to the club, and unless no one else volunteers, I don't really want to be the DD. I'll be 21 at the time, so v. much legal to drink
monkey_called_narth
ummm, right now nits highly likly ill be comming to the meet (my dad said if i paid the whole of the uk trip hed pay for my to go to cali) but uhh i need to know if i stay in the cabins if i can extend my stay to a week and how much everything will cost...

If so, how many nights?EDIT: oppps, all the nights

If you are a minor, will you be bringing a parent with you? Have they given you a fairly clear answer about being able to come? Are you willing to abide by the rule of no drinking if you're underaged (hate to keep bringing that up, but it IS really important)?ill be 18 at that point in time
If you are not a minor, will you be interested in going to a local club with us on Sunday night for goth night (it is 18+, you don't need to be 21)? If you're under 18, can you drive (we do need a designated driver still, I think....)? i can drinve, im driving there in fact (ill do the dd thing if you trust my driving)
Phyllis
Uh, Narth...you didn't answer two of the questions.

If so, how many nights?ill be 18 then

That's great, but that doesn't really answer that particular question. You also didn't answer whether or not you'd abide by the no underaged drinking rule.
Phyllis
Hmmm. Am I the only person who is second-guessing the KOA Kabins? lol.

I mean...showers. Showers are very important. And electricity. In a hotel we could have 4 people per room...the cost would still be pretty reasonable, I think. And really, how noisy do you think we'll get?

Feel free to slap me for being indecisive..lol.
Prince Aries
You're not the only one, Cand. I was starting to wonder about that myself. I really like the cabin idea, don't get me wrong. But I *AM* a materialistic kind of gal and I like all my modern ammenities. *shrug*
Phyllis
It doesn't have to be a great hotel. At least, it doesn't for me. As long as it has showers with hot water, electricity, and a bed that isn't infested with lice, I'll be fine.

Right now I'm looking at one called ExtendedStay Northgate. It doesn't look fabulous...has no amenities (like pool or dining). But it has showers. And it's only $48.57 per night...which would be just over $12 per person. I could handle that for all of 2 nights. But hmm, the rate leaves me wondering whether or not the beds will be uh..clean.

I think if we do decide on something like that, I'll bring my own pillowcase. And a black light. happy.gif

*edit* Oho, there's also the Good Nite Inn for $39.95...and it's been reviewed by AAA. They say: These establishments appeal to the traveler seeking more than the basic accommodations. There are modest enhancements to the overall physical attributes, design elements, and amenities of the facility typically at a moderate price.

Oh, and this one has a pool. I wouldn't go in, but I'm sure some people would want to!

Hmm. I'll keep looking. If you all still want to stay in the cabins, that's fine with me. I just would like showers!
Prince Aries
I gots me the strobe light. We gots us some good times! laugh.gif

I like the sound of that Cand. We could also do a one night camping excursion or something, who knows? And how far away is San Diego from San Fran?
Phyllis
Of course, we'd also have to work out the issue of who would room with who.

I've no problem rooming with guys...but if we share beds (I'm sure we'll have to in a hotel..they usually just have 2 double beds in rooms intended for 4), I'd rather it be a girl. No offense to the guys or anything. tongue.gif It's not like I think you'd try anything (ahahahahahaha), I'd just feel uncomfortable. I grew up with sisters and almost all female friends. I'm just used to rooming with girls. Not so much with guys. Plus, I don't think my hubby would be too fond of that idea..lol.

And Cheese says it'd be about a 6 hour drive, Aries...give or take 3 days for traffic..lmao.
Prince Aries
/me laughs

Only 3 days, eh? I can manage tongue.gif

Also, I'm coming to San Diego here this winter, and I wouldn't mind any West Coastians (that a word? Oh well, it is now) to hang out with if I have any spare time happy.gif

But I agree with you Cand, no need for anything really fancy, just something feasible. If we do it that way, we should all go out for one big dinner together. That would be great. Find a nice restaurant and all that...would be great.
Phyllis
QUOTE (Prince Aries @ Nov 3 2003, 09:55 PM)
If we do it that way, we should all go out for one big dinner together. That would be great. Find a nice restaurant and all that...would be great.

You aren't going to make me wear a dress, are you?

Seriously, I don't have one! So uh, couldn't be too nice. I don't think they'd approve of my jeans and t-shirt look..hehe.
Prince Aries
Doesnt have to be THAT nice...I mean...with this crowd? You nuts? laugh.gif

But something thats not like...fast food, you know? Like Applebee's and it's ilk.

And Cand, I'm the one who wears the dress, remember? laugh.gif

Just come to the club prepared to dance, that's all that worries me happy.gif
LoLo
Hey hotel rooms are fine with me. Only reason we went for the kabins was cause you suggested it for saving money cand. tongue.gif Myself I would like the tiny bit of privacy and being able to shower without having to go home. lol Give me those addresses Cand and I'll go by and check out the look of the motels/hotels.
Sir Psycho Sexy
QUOTE (candice @ Nov 4 2003, 05:51 AM)
Of course, we'd also have to work out the issue of who would room with who.

oh oh dibs i share a room with lolo and syuu!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.