Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Attention All Coming To The West Coast Meet
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Pikasyuu
'ey! Syuu, much like Cand, grew up with the ladies ^.^ I'm not too keen on rooming with a guy, sorry SPS!

I'm also with Cand on the restaurant look. It'd be awfully weird if the ladies showed up looking like tomboys (Hey! I like my pants, thankyou.) and the men wore dresses =P

Then again, it may be really cute, too. XD
Sir Psycho Sexy
dammit!!

/me sulks

i'm kinda adverse to sharing with a guy is all unsure.gif

edit: i meant bed...btw
Pikasyuu
Hey, if I were a guy, I'd be all up on rooming with Debs and Aries. Try that out for size, eh SPS? =P

I bet they'll have lots'o fun with a strobelight and PVC. Kind of like a fetish rave!
Phyllis
I know I'm the one who suggested the kabins..lol. I'll go through the thread and count how many guys/girls are coming..and how many people with parents are coming...then I guess we'll figure out who is rooming with who.

I personally don't care who I room with. I'll share a room with a guy...I just don't wanna share a bed with em..lol.

I'll PM ya with the addresses and directions to the hotels, Lo. smile.gif
Phyllis
Okay, here's the list so far. My suggestion would be to PM your roomie of choice. Start with who you wanna share a bed with, then we'll go from there in putting the pairs together in rooms, I'd imagine. And those of you who are bringing your parents...it'd probably be a good idea for you to room with them. I know that my parents would be uncomfy sharing a bed with a stranger..lol. That doesn't mean you can't fall asleep in one of the other rooms though if we stay up late talking or something...it isn't like we'll kick you out.

*EDIT* I'm going to group together those people who have chosen to bunk together in the list as people announce who they wish to stay with.

Girls:
Phoenix
Oxy
Jadestorm (maybe? Not sure if she's completely sure yet)
Little Green Goth (maybe)
LoLo
Werewolf (+1 parent)
Magikeyes (+1 brother..maybe)
Syuu (+2 parents)
Narth

Guys:
Aries
Cheese
Debs
Oni (maybe)
Acidteardrop (maybe, and +1 parent)

People who already have roomies:
1. Candice-Jaq and Lo-SPS

Okay, so that's 4 people that are most likely bringing an adult-type person with them if they come. Presuming they all share a bed with their adult-type person, that leaves us with 9 girls (2 of whom are maybes...I added Syuu into that because she's bringing 2 adults, and I imagine they'll share with each other...I dunno if they just will want to get a room for themselves or if they'll want another person to split it with them...) and 5 guys (2 of whom are maybes) who aren't paired up with someone to share a bed. So, I guess post in here when you decide who you'll be sharing with, and I'll mark you off of the list...then we'll go from there.

*Another edit*....I just wanna make sure before we go on deciding the specifics of this...is everyone okay with staying in a hotel instead of the cabins? (I never would have suggested them in the first place if I'd known they didn't have showers or electricity..lol).
Jaq
If anyone wants to room with me and Candice PM either of us and we can see what's what.

I promise not to cook, eat or flail any roomies. Can't speak for any non roomies.
LoLo
SPS and I are going to share a bed as long as he can make it.

Oh and Cand and Jaq we'll room with you if that is cool.
Phyllis
QUOTE (LoLo @ Nov 4 2003, 01:58 PM)

That'd be great biggrin.gif (Just posting here so everyone else knows, even though we already discussed it in IRC..lol)
Sir Psycho Sexy
QUOTE (candice @ Nov 4 2003, 10:01 PM)
QUOTE (LoLo @ Nov 4 2003, 01:58 PM)

That'd be great biggrin.gif (Just posting here so everyone else knows, even though we already discussed it in IRC..lol)

really?? lolo just told me* tongue.gif

*not really
Phyllis
Okay, Oni has set up a chat room for us to have planning meetings about the meet on IRC.

The room name is #wcmatameet

I figure we'll set up scheduled meetings based on what's convenient for everyone whenever we have an important decision to make.

If you don't have IRC/don't know how to get it..just say so in this thread, and Oni will give instructions when he gets home. smile.gif
monkey_called_narth
umm, since im driving there cany anyone give me like a sight that the meet will probibly be so i can look it up on map quest???

i dont care who im put with its whoever wants to share a room with me really (and can deal with me playing bass late at night)
Phyllis
QUOTE (monkey_called_narth @ Nov 4 2003, 03:39 PM)
umm, since im driving there cany anyone give me like a sight that the meet will probibly be so i can look it up on map quest???

i dont care who im put with its whoever wants to share a room with me really (and can deal with me playing bass late at night)

We don't know a precise location yet.

And playing bass late at night in a hotel room is liable to get you kicked out. Please don't, because those with you would be kicked out as well.
monkey_called_narth
dang, can i play it during the day?
Phyllis
If it isn't too loud, I'd imagine so.
oobunnie
california you say!
I'm there!
Will you be staying in the hotel with us? Yes (unless I find a comfortable park bench) Wait the cabins dont have showers, what strange cabins. Every campsite I've been to including tent ones have had showers.

If so, how many nights? umm however long the meet is

If you are not a minor, will you be interested in going to a local club with us on Sunday night for goth night (it is 18+, you don't need to be 21)? If you're under 18, can you drive (we do need a designated driver still, I think....)? I'll be 20. and It depends for some reason people think I'm 15 regardless of what my ID says, so It depends on if they let me in or not. (I have been turned away from clubs before). If I dont go I will be more then happy to drive people! *cough*give you nightmares for the rest of your life *uncough*

As for the underage drinking, suppose I'll just have to drink on the plane/bus or whatever.

And hey Jaq how are you gettting down there huh.gif If your doing bus wanna greyhound it with me
Phyllis
Oo! Yay!

I'm just going to move the list over to this page. Cause it's easier to refer to when it's on the same page as the majority of the conversation..lol tongue.gif

I'm going to group together those people who have chosen to bunk together in the list as people announce who they wish to stay with.

Girls:
Jadestorm (maybe? Not sure if she's completely sure yet)
Little Green Goth (maybe)
Werewolf (+1 parent)
Magikeyes (+1 brother..maybe)
Syuu (+2 parents)
Narth

Guys:
Oni (maybe)

People who already have roomies:
1. Candice-Jaq and Lo-SPS
2. Aries-Debs (and whoever else Aries brings..lol)
3. Phoenix-Cheese (they still need 2 more people to take the other bed, I think)
4. Oxy doesn't need a roomie, she's getting a room of her own since she's planning on going out that way to visit her grandma anyhow.
5. Oobunnie and her friend that she's bringing are going to get a room for just the 2 of them.
Jaq
QUOTE (oobunnie @ Nov 4 2003, 05:59 PM)
And hey Jaq how are you gettting down there huh.gif If your doing bus wanna greyhound it with me

I was thinking of taking the plane but I checked out prices and the plane's 3 times more expensive than bus. So yeah sure!

PM me and we can work stuff out
Pikasyuu
I was just wondering, Jon, if you were still interested in picking me up from here and driving to california. oo; It's possible then that I could get up there and save myself a road trip with the parents, or save myself from them at all.
cheese is funny
it all depends, syuu, if i have my license by that time... although, i dont think i will... i will give you an update at a later date whether or not i will be able to get you...
Prince Aries
Syuu darling, if need be, I can swing by and get you, if Jon cannot. I'd be more then happy to do it. Just let me know.
cheese is funny
it would actually be easier if you got her, aries, then i wouldnt have to worry about going insane trying to get my lisence before july laugh.gif .... wait... i wouldnt even be able to drive with her at this point of me getting it...... you might have to take that job aries....
Prince Aries
I have ZERO qualms with doing that, Cheese. Like I've said elsewhere, I would like to be able to help as much as humanly possible.
monkey_called_narth
hey, i might also be bringing my freind becki (babystew) how much money do we need for the cabins/hotel
Phyllis
QUOTE (monkey_called_narth @ Nov 5 2003, 11:35 PM)
hey, i might also be bringing my freind becki (babystew) how much money do we need for the cabins/hotel

Dunno yet, Narth.

Lo is going to look at some hotels tomorrow I think. We'll let everyone know what the prices of the rooms are then if one of the ones I found online looks any good.
monkey_called_narth
ok cool beans! can you pm it to me maybe so i have the price for sure and cant lose it???
Phyllis
Sure, no problem.

If your friend does come, do you want a room for just the two of ya, or would you prefer to split it with someone else? Either way is fine...tis up to you.
LoLo
ATTENTION

I would like to propose a planning meeting for any who want to come in the IRC westcoast meet plan room that Oni set up. I would like this meeting to be on Tuesday November 10 at 5 pm pst.

Topics for discussion:

What to do at the meet.
Car situations.
Plan times for arrival and departure. (just to get an over all idea as to what to plan on Saturday and Monday.)

Want a say in what we do? Well join us!
Prince Aries
I'm not going to be able to make that meeting because I'm going to be at work sad.gif Hopefully, my opinions and such have been vocalized enough. If you all can just keep me informed that would be great. Otherwise, have fun at the meeting! happy.gif
monkey_called_narth
QUOTE (candice @ Nov 6 2003, 07:59 AM)
Sure, no problem.

If your friend does come, do you want a room for just the two of ya, or would you prefer to split it with someone else? Either way is fine...tis up to you.

well if anyone wants to share a room with us thats great but if not well just get a room for us, im open either way.
Phyllis
Okay Narth. It depends on if there are any people who don't have roomies. We'll know closer to the time we make our reservations, I'd imagine.

And in case any of you are too lazy to sort through the thread to find the name of the IRC room that Oni set up...it's #wcmatameet

I'll do my best to be there. smile.gif
phoenix
QUOTE (LoLo @ Nov 6 2003, 05:37 PM)
ATTENTION

I would like to propose a planning meeting for any who want to come in the IRC westcoast meet plan room that Oni set up. I would like this meeting to be on Tuesday November 10 at 5 pm pst.

Topics for discussion:

What to do at the meet.
Car situations.
Plan times for arrival and departure. (just to get an over all idea as to what to plan on Saturday and Monday.)

Want a say in what we do? Well join us!

i'll try to make it, but my evil work likes to schedule me on friday nights.... so if i'm not there, can someone give me a run down or save a log of the meeting? i would greatly appreicate it smile.gif
LoLo
QUOTE (phoenix @ Nov 7 2003, 10:13 PM)
QUOTE (LoLo @ Nov 6 2003, 05:37 PM)
ATTENTION

I would like to propose a planning meeting for any who want to come in the IRC westcoast meet plan room that Oni set up.  I would like this meeting to be on Tuesday November 10 at 5 pm pst. 

Topics for discussion:

What to do at the meet.
Car situations.

Want a say in what we do?  Well join us!

i'll try to make it, but my evil work likes to schedule me on friday nights.... so if i'm not there, can someone give me a run down or save a log of the meeting? i would greatly appreicate it smile.gif

But it's on Tuesday night. I got the date wrong and it's the 11th not the 10th, but still it's on a Tuesday night.
Oni Usagi
Bump, so people remember to come to the meet.
cheese is funny
if someone would kindly PM me or call me before it is time for the meeting, that would be great, i dont want to miss it... biggrin.gif
acidteardrop
pardon my noobishness for the moment...but what the devil is an IRC rooM? is it a yahoo thing or something like that? if someone could kindly direct me thatd be fantabulous. love ya!
acidteardrop
QUOTE (candice @ Nov 4 2003, 04:37 PM)

cand, make that +2 rents, my stepmother will most likely be living with us at that time. sorry for the confusion!

[edit]and there is a HUGE posibility that i can go. all i have to do is pay for my half of the trip (my plane ticket and room) myself, which means ill need a job fairly soon.

and about the bed situation, is it ok for guys/girls to bed together? im just wondering...ill be a good boy.[/edit]
Oni Usagi
Okay, walkthrough time then.

First you're going to have download mIRC. You can do that here.
Once you get it installed and running you'll get a screen that asks you to register, just hit continue.
Then you'll get a screen with four text boxes, fill those in, picking a name, and a alternate name.
Then on the left of this dialog, click on server. And there set the drop down box to OtherSide. Then click connect to server.
another popup should appear. type in #wcmatameet and click join.

If you want to do it now to make sure you can, I'll be in there and here, probably be best to pm me with any problems though.
Debaser
if there's any significant updates from the meeting since i...left, someone pm me.
LoLo
We started early cause people were restless and since no one new is there yet here's what we talked about:

First Saturday: Rather than having everyone try and get here around the same time and having me the taxi driver be in 4 places at once, we decided to just hang out at night so arrival times should be planned for anytime that morning or afternoon. Just make sure to let me know when you need to be picked up and from where.

Saturday night we will be going out for dinner (place yet to be determined) and then for a couple rounds of Mini Golf at Scandia. It's all ages fun so those who can't go to the club on Sunday night will get to hang out with all of us on Saturday night instead.

Sunday: Rather than spending the day in San Fran like previously discussed, we've decided it might be better to just do the touristy thing in downtown/old Sacramento. It's really cool there and easy to spend a lot of time there. The reasoning behind this is that San Fran is 2 hours away in good traffic, so we would have to get up early to get there, then have to leave with pleanty of time to relax and be ready for Sunday nights events. With all the traveling everyone's already doing and all the stuff we have to pack into the days it's best to just spend the time together doing something fun than commuting back and forth to different places that are relatively far away.

Sunday night we will be doing what was previously discussed and going to Goth Night at the Rage in Sacramento. This is an 18+ event so we still need to figure out something for those not able to come. However if you are fine with hanging out at the motel and talking with other respective under 18 folks that's cool too. There's a movie theater across the street from the Rage, as well as a mall (which most likely will be closed) as well as another movie theater just blocks away. There's also a CoCo's near the Rage, which is open 24/7 for coffee and food, so if you want to hang there until they kick you out that's cool too. I guess we'll figure out what to do for the under 18 crowd later. There's still pleanty of time to.

Monday: We still need to decide what to do. This is the day that everyone will be leaving probably unless you have to stay longer for other reasons, so we may just do something in the morning and say goodbye to eachother.

Other things not to do with each day but everyday: I doubt I will be able to rent anything large enough to cart everyone around in. Right now the count is 18 people not counting parents and friends. If you have a car and are planning on driving to the meet in it, we need to know if you will be willing to help carpool. I still plan on renting a minivan at least, so that more people can fit into it, and so we'll have a car that has air conditioning (my car doesn't). On that note, Cand brought up the idea of helping me pay for the rental car because it will be expensive, but I'm not sure if we made a decision about this or not.

Closer to the meet I will be supplying those who are coming with my cell phone number. That way if we get split up or say I forget to pick you up from whereever you can call me. I doubt I'll forget anyone, I may run a little late, but I still would feel better knowing that you can get in touch with me if needed.

If you will be driving just a side note. Ride my butt while driving. I have been known to be leading the pack and run a yellow light, causing the cars following me to run a red light. I will try not to do this, but sometimes I just forget people are following me. laugh.gif

I will report on motel conditions probably Thursday. I haven't had the opportunity to drive by and check them out yet.

Any ideas/concerns/comments/dissagreements with decisions made: feel free to post them.
werewolf3361
an idea for like the karavan(sp) thingie... if we have to karavan(sp) we could maybe have little neon signs in the windows of the cars so we don't lose eachother... you know the little signs that we could tape in the back windows of the cars... biggrin.gif Just an idea!
cheese is funny
why have little signs? why not have big HUGE signs that will raise wind resistance like crazy and really give everyone else a good idea on where we are? then we would never get lost... laugh.gif
Oni Usagi
I'm bumping this.

I don't think there's need for another meeting about this any time soon. However, I'd like to remind everyone to keep us updated on changes and updates on plans.
Do we have enough planned to get us through the weekend?
acidteardrop
i can bet what krys and i will be doing wink.gif laugh.gif tongue.gif
i dont care what anyone says, im bringing a frisbee to the meet (175 grams, regulation ultimate frisbee size, of course) so if anyone gets bored we can toss that around.

the reason i posted, however, is that i want to know if anyone going to the meet knows how to fence? if so, would you care to duel me at the meet?
magikeyes14
o0o0o0o! i wanna watch! *does her cheerleader impersination* o wait, i was one >_< shibby! o well, erm.. by the looks of it, my dad *might* be coming to the meet with me.. BUT! it will be more of a dad goes off to play while Krys stays behind and has fun happy.gif then he calls me every couple hours to make sure im not doing anything stoopid dry.gif would i do that?!!? hehe probably , erm.. so yah...

PEOPLES!!!!

while the older people are away.. wanna play twister?!?! if ic an find it in my room dry.gif lol laugh.gif
werewolf3361
QUOTE (magikeyes14 @ Nov 18 2003, 11:17 PM)
while the older people are away.. wanna play twister?!?! if ic an find it in my room dry.gif lol laugh.gif

ummm.... twister with this group?.... umm.... that could be interesting.... laugh.gif
Phyllis
Okay...back on subject.

How are we all going to recognize one another? I mean, a lot of us have photos in the family album, but should we all wear Matazone t-shirts as well? I'm thinking we should, anyway.

Another thing...just a bit of a warning about me...I am really shy. So when we're at the meet...if you think I'm being snobby or something...I'm really not. It's just that I have no freaking idea what to say to you. It's taking all my courage to go to this (sad, but true), and I keep going back and forth on it..lol. But, I really do want to meet everyone and the whole club thing sounds great. So, I will end up going in the end, I think. I'll just be really nervous for about the first two days or so. biggrin.gif

I just didn't want anyone thinking that I was being stuck up or anything at the meet, cause I can come off that way IRL. Trust me, I'd LOVE to talk your ear off...but most of the time I just get too introverted. Which is why I will not, under any circumstances, be dancing. tongue.gif
werewolf3361
*hugs Candice* you don't have to be shy! tongue.gif I don't think you will be after just a few minutes... lol.... I think we might all be a lil shy at first.... lol...

and I think everyone wearing Matazone t-shirts is a good idea... I have to order one... but I have some time... I have to get money first dry.gif ...but I will get one... laugh.gif
cheese is funny
t-shirt = good idea

shy cand = bad idea... you have no reason to be shy.... and if you are, im going to do weird things until you start laughing and realize who you are with so your not shy anymore and you start being all friendly and talking our ears off....
magikeyes14
to be honest cand, im shy to.. i probably wont talk to anyone at first, just stand there, stare and nod.. lol.... im the shy type i guess, sumtimes at least.. adn i think i will be REALLY nervious... so if i dont talk.. make me.. if i stare off in the random or am like, standing off in the corner sumwhere talking to myself.. SAVE ME! hehehe

the shirt thing is a good idea... i dont think anyone will haevc a hard time recognizing me.. except i'll have my braces off, more peircings and might have my tattoo... and i'll be like, short..lol.. cuz im shrot. so yah, u'll know me whe u see m *runs off to buy matazone shirt*
werewolf3361
QUOTE (magikeyes14 @ Nov 19 2003, 04:07 AM)
to be honest cand, im shy to.. i probably wont talk to anyone at first, just stand there, stare and nod.. lol.... im the shy type i guess, sumtimes at least.. adn i think i will be REALLY nervious... so if i dont talk.. make me.. if i stare off in the random or am like, standing off in the corner sumwhere talking to myself.. SAVE ME! hehehe

Krys... if you just stand there like a goof... I'm gonna tickle you until you can't breath then I'll carry you into the middle of everyone and make you talk.... biggrin.gif ain't I just the bestest friend in the world? laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.