Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Little Goth Girl A Schizo?
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > About the animations
acidteardrop
well, there is a lot in the animations that would lead me to beleive that lgg is schizo. in fact, id be totally beleiveing that if it werent for the counselors encounter animation. maybe the strongest example of her mental illness would be devils, the dog only SHE can see. well, theres lots more, and its quite apparent in teh animations (id like to point out the giant robot and the ice cream man),

which brings me to the point that, genius maybe, but something is telling me that mata isnt exactly the most mentally stable person alive (which is a nice way of saying hes a nutcase...a total loony)

but hey, tahts why we love him, cos frankly sane people are boring.
acidteardrop
wow..at this point everyone is saying IM the schizo...erm...well...

nope, brain lapse...your all spared...FOR NOW!

*diabolical laughter*(which in seconds turns to that annoying high pitched ranting laugh of that psycho kid...i mean myself
Sir Psycho Sexy
....the robot was there, it just fell into the big acid pit...which LGG walks over...i guess that was intentional, and how do you explain Mr McSqueeky and her wings and the fireballs/lightening?? that ain't part of her imagination....unless mata's playing with us....hmm...didn't think about it like that
Oni Usagi
I saw the dog too. Does that make me Schizo?
Pikasyuu
Hey!! Mata is probably the most mentally stable person I've ever encountered, from what I know. His optimism actually brings ME up.. ._.;; Thanks Mata!

Anyway. LGG isn't schizophrenic, she's entertaining. ^.^
Phyllis
Just FYI: The definition of schizophrenic is not, as many people think, someone with multiple personalities. At first you were on the right track, because hallucinations are a part of schizophrenia, but then your second post, when you said:
*diabolical laughter*(which in seconds turns to that annoying high pitched ranting laugh of that psycho kid...i mean myself

Kind of re-enforced the whole "schizos = people with multiple personalities" idea. I could be wrong though...because Oni says he doesn't see it..lol. That's just how I took it. smile.gif

I personally don't think that LGG is schizophrenic. Sure, she sees things that other people don't, but who says that means they are hallucinations and not really there?

As far as Mata's mental stability...I don't really know him that well as we've never talked one-on-one, but from what I've seen of him in the forums he actually appears to be a rather well adjusted guy. So I'm going to have to disagree with you on that one.
gerbilfromhell
i assume she was just joking about the mata's mental stability thing..... unsure.gif

and, if LGG WERE schizophrenic, then the whole series would lose its meaning (plotwise) wouldn't it? i don't think this actually happens anywhere outside of the animations themselves. i mean, it's FICTION. in the animation, this stuff really happens. (i don't think) LGG's imagining it, because that would kind of make the series a bit pointless (plotwise, and only sort of).

looks like i'm rambling a bit. unsure.gif i'll stop now
Mata
I like to keep options open about what is or isn't reality.

Reality itself is always defined by the user, many apparently sane people believe that there are angels watching over them and demons attempting to block their progress in lives. We don't criticise them too strongly because this is a fairly widespread thing for people to believe, despite the lack of provable evidence.

What then if a person believes that her absentee father is Satan? That's quite a jump from believing these things exist to believing you are related to them but is it so difficult to imagine? In many ways it's just as far-fetched as the the more acceptable idea.

As for my own mental stability... Well, even my girlfriend in all seriousness believes that I am probably, compared to a 'normal' person, insane, it just so happens that my form of insanity is quite positive and capable of integrating relatively well with the outside world. Everyone likes to believe that they are different from others, and there's nothing wrong with that.

I think insanity really comes when you believe you are different from others and that everyone else is the same. I think everyone is different and in that we are a group... It's a difficult concept to describe!

Lots of people have said that they think I'm slightly crazy, and most of them (including this thread) were only joking. The trouble is that the ones who are most serious when they say it tend to be very close to me. sad.gif
Little Green Goth
Don't feel too bad, Mata. I have proved my crazyness in several ways to my friends. Even those whom have taken Acid say I'm more messed up in the head then they are when they do acid. (Warnting: does not condone the use of drugs of any kind other then those perscribed.) Inso saying this, I compleatly agree with what you said. I myself view everyone as the same and I am the differant one (so by what you said, I'd be truly insane) But I have no problem...(well, not much of once, since I keep quiet most of the time) moving about society. I'm pretty sure that if you've seen some of the things I have, you'd consiter yourself insane. Pluse my father ALWAYS dresses as Death or the like for EVERY halloween since I can remember, so when I say my father IS death. I kinda do mean it.

As far as LGG, I see nothing wrong with her. All she's trying to do is live how she can. Most children creat stories to make up for the loss of a parent or other such things. I've seen it happen. I don't even see anything wrong with her only seeing Devils. (which, btw, mata. My sister has named her dog after devils. So you have more fans then are in the forum biggrin.gif) I'm probably rambling now anyways but I've said my peice and I hope (just a little) that I haven't scared tooooo many people with this post. But then, I also hope I have. huh.gif blink.gif wacko.gif happy.gif
CommieBastard
Mata? Insane? Maybe, but who cares? So long as you're not a danger to yourself or others (I assume you're not), your mental state is your own business. Insanity doesn't hinder art - if anything, it helps.
Little Green Goth
QUOTE (CommieBastard @ Oct 26 2003, 02:50 AM)
Mata? Insane? Maybe, but who cares? So long as you're not a danger to yourself or others (I assume you're not), your mental state is your own business. Insanity doesn't hinder art - if anything, it helps.

Hear! Hear! *raises glass full of what looks like wine (acctually sparkling cider), hickups and falls out of chair as if drunk*
gerbilfromhell
the term 'insane' is used way too loosely. if you were REALLY and truly insane, either we would've noticed it by now or everyone at the meet would've noticed it (assuming that, if this is true, that you're not taking meds for it. either way, it really doesn't matter).

the word 'insanity' is basically now like the word 'gay'; rarely used seriously, always used to place someone into a group. look, i'm sure every single one of us has been called insane/crazy/f*cked up at some point in our lives. until i started high school, a lot of people called me insane; some serious, some not. am i actually insane? to a very slight degree, yes. the only thing i know for sure about is a relativelly small violence problem of mine, and i've had that fully under control for about two or so years now, and relativelly under control for about 4.

but, that was still used to put me in my own 'group', even when i wasn't anywhere near as violent. (i'm not going to ramble on about this, i'll get back on topic. i think i've made as much of a point as i'm going to make with this)

basically, what i'm trying to say is, whether you actually are or aren't 'insane' (and, as i've said, the term is used way too loosely), as long as it's not in control of your life, don't worry about it. mata, i'm sure that when people seriously say you're insane, that they're only doing it because they're worried for you. (whether they have a reason to be or not is an entirely different story. judging from your posts on here and from your anims, i'd say that whether you are or aren't insane, it definitelly doesn't control your life, and probably affects it in a positive rather than negative way)
elf
It's possible, but not likely.

Whoa was I the only person who picked that choice? x_X;
acidteardrop
QUOTE (candice @ Oct 24 2003, 11:31 PM)
Just FYI: The definition of schizophrenic is not, as many people think, someone with multiple personalities. At first you were on the right track, because hallucinations are a part of schizophrenia, but then your second post, when you said:

Kind of re-enforced the whole "schizos = people with multiple personalities" idea. I could be wrong though...because Oni says he doesn't see it..lol. That's just how I took it. smile.gif

I personally don't think that LGG is schizophrenic. Sure, she sees things that other people don't, but who says that means they are hallucinations and not really there?

As far as Mata's mental stability...I don't really know him that well as we've never talked one-on-one, but from what I've seen of him in the forums he actually appears to be a rather well adjusted guy. So I'm going to have to disagree with you on that one.

no, i think you did take that the wrong way, no offense or anything. i happen to have a cousin who is schizophrennic, and ive read up on it, and i do know that schizo is not multiple personalities (that was something else...but i cant think of it atm). me, i think im about the least sane person i know (including my cousin). hes on medications and stuff, but hes really a pretty cool guy, and he takes his condition pretty well.

and sane people are boring.

quite honestly i dont think a person here IS sane, not totally anyways, maybe partly.

as to LGG being schizo, i was just curious as to your opinions, b/c from what i saw there was quite enough evidence indicating that she might be. then again...

i see most people say its all in my head. i think i did too. ah well, que sera sera.

QUOTE (Oni Usagi)
I saw the dog too. Does that make me Schizo?

ha ha...no, no it doesnt. its a cartoon.

and i started this thread in the first place to, well, maybe throw a bit of conversation i could participate in b/c i didnt know anybody, and i had this idea a while ago (i emailed it to mata), and it brings a tear to my eye to see so many people actaully read what i wrote. i love oyu all.
William Wallace
QUOTE (syuu @ Oct 24 2003, 11:25 PM)
Hey!! Mata is probably the most mentally stable person I've ever encountered, from what I know. His optimism actually brings ME up.. ._.;; Thanks Mata!

Anyway. LGG isn't schizophrenic, she's entertaining. ^.^

I once read about a warrior that had blue eyes, and spoke cheering things to the enemy as he killed them, slashed them down with his battleblade. He even sung happy songs to them as they died.

The moral is that mata could be seriously disturbed. wink.gif
prezgfish
how is that a moral
killersquirrel
meh, probably not...i mean, if you were part demon, part angel, you'd see some pretty wierd shit that others couldn't...i guess it's a 'come with the territory' thing. also, that sorta stuff would screw with your mind leading you to some halucinations.

besides, when i was little(up til about year 2), i had tons of imaginary friends...it was a whole race of friends, but we won't go there. the point is, i definitly saw them even though noone else could...it's all in how well and in what way you choose to harness your creativity.

and as for mata's insanity. would you want him to be 'sane?' if he were a completely normal, 9 to 5, tied man with a little boy and a little girl all closed in by your average picket(or chain link, that's where he actually makes a choice) fence, then he wouldn't be the great man who we've all come to love even though few of us truly know him.

ah yes, hello everyone. i posted maybe twice forever ago but i've been feeling the need to post lately so yeah. hi
*runs around shaking everyone's hand*.
Edward_lover1200
umm I nulled mine...I dont know if shes Schizo or not...cause technicly I'M Schizo and all...and I have MPD...oh what a joyish life dry.gif ...But yeha I nulled...dont know...But I still love her even if she is lol...

(BTW I've been studing Mental disorders lately for a science fair prodject and for my english paper...and on top of everything else I have some of these disorders...and last time I checked a Schizo was someone that saw things and heard voices....am I wrong?

and one more thing...MPD and DID are the same thing for those of you who are wondering what I'm talking...MPD=multible personality disorder DID=Dissociative Identity Disorder
Ok I'll stop rambling lol)

*shakes killersquirrel's hand and gives him/her a warm welcome*
prezgfish
QUOTE (killersquirrel @ Nov 17 2003, 03:30 AM)
meh, probably not...i mean, if you were part demon, part angel, you'd see some pretty wierd shit that others couldn't...i guess it's a 'come with the territory' thing. also, that sorta stuff would screw with your mind leading you to some halucinations.

besides, when i was little(up til about year 2), i had tons of imaginary friends...it was a whole race of friends, but we won't go there. the point is, i definitly saw them even though noone else could...it's all in how well and in what way you choose to harness your creativity.

and as for mata's insanity. would you want him to be 'sane?' if he were a completely normal, 9 to 5, tied man with a little boy and a little girl all closed in by your average picket(or chain link, that's where he actually makes a choice) fence, then he wouldn't be the great man who we've all come to love even though few of us truly know him.

ah yes, hello everyone. i posted maybe twice forever ago but i've been feeling the need to post lately so yeah. hi
*runs around shaking everyone's hand*.

ahh squirells (runs to safety of daft thread)
killersquirrel
prez-hahah, i'm not so bad...reallly...*sharpens her little squirrel-ey fangs*...it's beyond me why you'd want to get away from me

*runs off to daft thread for fresh blood*

edwardlover- i'ma her and thank you for the nice welcome:) you bring up a good point too...does it matter if she's schizo? she's just a wonderful little caricature of any LGG. and for that we love her. do we need to question why we love certain characters/people/things and if they are completely stable or not, godforbid they not be worth our love because of it?? *game show buzzer*

no:)
prezgfish
could you be the squirell killer instead?
acidteardrop
QUOTE (killersquirrel @ Nov 17 2003, 07:50 PM)
prez-hahah, i'm not so bad...reallly...*sharpens her little squirrel-ey fangs*...it's beyond me why you'd want to get away from me

*runs off to daft thread for fresh blood*

edwardlover- i'ma her and thank you for the nice welcome:) you bring up a good point too...does it matter if she's schizo? she's just a wonderful little caricature of any LGG. and for that we love her. do we need to question why we love certain characters/people/things and if they are completely stable or not, godforbid they not be worth our love because of it?? *game show buzzer*

no:)

welcome.

and no, it does not matter if she is a schizo, but i was merely wondering of peoples opinions on this. jsut because its posted does not mean it matters at all, ive just been thinking of this for a long time and it seems to fit well with the animations (most of them...)
i mean serisouly, she sees this stuff yet no one else does...interesting isnt it?
anyways, my point is it does not matter, but i did not make this thread b/c it mattered, i made this thread to _hopefully_ open some discussion on the topic. Id like to hear form the people who said they thought she was.
killersquirrel
'lo ATD...yeah, don't mind me...i do think this was a fun thread to start. it was just an opening for even more discussion. well, more likely, i just like rambling. a lot. so that's where it came from, i had nothing better to do so i kept typing:)

and yeah, if anyone can tell me(either through this thread or PM) how you say who you're quoting when you quote people...like. i know how to do quote boxes, but i don't know how to have it say the name of the person who i'm quoting. so yeah any help on that would be very very nice...even if this isn't really the best place to ask:)
cait
I personally find it quite odd when a person truly believes that he or she is sane. Insanity though, is more of a losing sense and control of your own conscious mind. If you think or say things that other's find to be crazy, in their minds, this does not mean that you are crazy.

But I admit I use the word "insane" way too much. If in fact it can be overused. But I'm just insane like that. happy.gif

As for Little Goth Girl being a schizo. I don't think she is a schizo. I mean, she's not the one that glows green all over the place. And I also see the dog. ... (har har, that was a good one, oni)

Actually I am starting to wonder if the man who is freaking neon green isn't just on drugs.
Tigersong
Nope, not a schizo. I mean, come on, people -- she's the daughter of SATAN.

(/me says Satan in a demonic, evil voice)

She's bound to have a few problems... but schizo? no.
kk_lost
i love the llg!!!!!! i watch the cartoons over and over and over and over and over and over ......

(this is my world I share it with no one)

i'm ganna get a dog and name it devils, and die my hair black and stick it on my head, and buy only black dresses....

but i love spiders.... i dun c y llg dosn't like um... they r sooo cute!
Ocean!
She's not a schizo. She's like Calvin and Hobbes. Lost in her own world...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.