Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I'm Ba-aaack!
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2
Logicman
Actually, once I read that you thouht I'd be back within days, I HAD resolved to stay away til november, then thought it would be childish to deprive others of the joy of "talking" to me just becuase of a jest. No point in that, aye? cool.gif
elf
QUOTE (Sir_Psycho_Sexy @ Oct 24 2003, 05:22 AM)
</sarcasm>

...sorry, i think elf left that out so i put it in for her wink.gif

Yeah. Thanks, SPS.

Mm-hm. I'm oh so THRILLED to have you back.
Sir Psycho Sexy
QUOTE (elf @ Oct 25 2003, 01:16 AM)
</sarcasm>

Yeah. Thanks, SPS.

ya know elf? i think we've just connected...in a good way wink.gif tongue.gif
miss_spunk
QUOTE (Oni Usagi @ Oct 22 2003, 11:11 PM)
QUOTE (acidteardrop @ Oct 22 2003, 04:26 PM)
QUOTE (the lil' pie fairy @ Oct 22 2003, 07:46 PM)
*hides* i did say i was stupid, you know... unsure.gif

your not stupid, no one is stupid.

say what you want, i don tbeleive poeple can be stupid.

Alright, enough. There are stupid people and NOBODY can deny it. I don't care if my lord Mata comes in here himself and says I'm wrong, nobody can convince me otherwise. Stupid people are all around us, and I have to say that I judge them. I tend not to even talk to people I consider stupid. If they even look dumb I judge them. But that's okay, cause I have no friends (cause, effect) the universe is already getting me for that.

There are specific things that make me decide a person is stupid however. I don't base final judgement on first encounters or looks. For example I know this girl that I met in high school who I considered a friend. She's still not stupid in most regards e.g. she is competent in at least the subject of mathematics (I've only been in a math class with her).

Now I began to talk to this girl in college. At first it was mostly her talking about her bf, and life and what not. But one day she introduced me to one of her friends a computer programming major (you'd expect brains right?). Well we got to talking and somehow the topic got to overpopulation. That's when I heard the most ignorant statement I can think of. She said "I don't think the world can be overpopulated." And if this wasn't enough. Her friend agreed with her.

Well, I for one, believe that overpopulation is a problem. Not only can it happen, it's happening as we speak. There are too many people in China for [insert deity]'s sake. One of the largest countrie in the world. Not to mention the size, and expense of appartments in Japan. Don't forget India. And many African nations/peoples are overpopulated. Where you are overpopulated if you a. Have too many people for proper living conditions. or b. have more people than you can feed.

I realize I am responding rather late to this. That's because I tend to ignore people I don't know (resulting in not knowing many people) I will read their posts if they interest me however. But tend not to if they are posting all over the place. I find that it's not worth my time to cling to every little word an excited noob says.

I also realize this may upset some people. If you are one of these people: tough I've kept my hole shut long enough.

erm, that sounds more like ignorance to me... smile.gif

Heya *welcome wave* (Please note lack of evident sarcasm in this post - I don't know you well enough...yet mwahahahaha)

Aysha xxx
elf
QUOTE (Sir_Psycho_Sexy @ Oct 25 2003, 04:39 AM)
QUOTE (elf @ Oct 25 2003, 01:16 AM)
</sarcasm>

Yeah. Thanks, SPS.

ya know elf? i think we've just connected...in a good way wink.gif tongue.gif

LOL. That's good. wink.gif happy.gif
WeeJ
QUOTE (Logicman @ Oct 24 2003, 08:21 PM)
Actually, once I read that you thouht I'd be back within days, I HAD resolved to stay away til november, then thought it would be childish to deprive others of the joy of "talking" to me just becuase of a jest. No point in that, aye? cool.gif

Could you actually be any further up your own rear end?
ravein
hahahahahahah
I think I just broke a rib laughing... oh dear lord...
laugh.gif wink.gif
Sir Psycho Sexy
aye?

thats an english word!! don't use it again!!!!

oh and,
/me high fives weej tongue.gif
werewolf3361
QUOTE (WeeJ @ Oct 27 2003, 07:55 PM)

I agree with WeeJ........... dry.gif
Debaser
QUOTE (WeeJ @ Oct 27 2003, 07:55 PM)

one more reason there's such a backlash against you here.
acidteardrop
i realyl dont get whats so bad about that?
Edward_lover1200
guys...back off! I mean some of your heads are farther up your rears then his! so just back off and let it go ok?! *sighs* I cant stand fighting...I have to put up with my parents doing it enough that I dont need it from you guys over stupid stuff!
TigerLily013
Ok....so you guys do not get along...cool that's fine..

*ahem*.....YOU CAN FREAKIN' IGNORE ONE ANOTHER! SIMPLE! THERE ARE LIKE HOW MANY MEMBERS ON HERE?! LIKE 400-500?! OMG, HOW HARD IS IT TO IGNORE ONE ANOTHER IN OH AROUND SO MANY PEOPLE.

HOW MUCH ACCESS YOU GOT TO POST AND WHAT NOT? PLENTY!

HOW MANY TIMEZONES ARE THERE?! TONS! TOO BLOODY MANY! SO THEN YOU GUYS DO NOT NEED TO BE ON AT THE SAME TIME! ISN'T THAT JUST F--KING GREAT?! HUH?!

FOR GOODNESS SAKES PEOPLE, DEAL....WITH....IT!
mad.gif

*cough*

So how bouts that game last night! Wasn't it fantastic? I truely love a good game eh? biggrin.gif
Debaser
sorry, i WAS going to let this go, but i need to mess with this...

YOU CAN FREAKIN' IGNORE ONE ANOTHER! SIMPLE! THERE ARE LIKE HOW MANY MEMBERS ON HERE?! LIKE 400-500?! OMG, HOW HARD IS IT TO IGNORE ONE ANOTHER IN OH AROUND SO MANY PEOPLE.

clearly you have NO idea how hard it is to ignore someone who completely trashes everything you consider sacred and treats it with such nonchalance it's not funny. sure, ignoring something is the easy way out, but you can't just let things go forever.

HOW MANY TIMEZONES ARE THERE?! TONS! TOO BLOODY MANY! SO THEN YOU GUYS DO NOT NEED TO BE ON AT THE SAME TIME! ISN'T THAT JUST F--KING GREAT?! HUH?!

GUESS WHAT! the people i enjoy the company of HAPPEN TO COME ON AT A SIMILAR TIME!!! i stay up until 2am for these people, and i'm not letting someone like him spoil it for me...
Sir Psycho Sexy
i side with dayan on this (as always), if i were to ignore every thread logic posts in i'd might as well leave, thats how simple it is
Mata
I've just had a PM from Logicman:

There is too much animosity on this forum. I'm leaving. Please block my IP address for a month or so so that I am not tempted to return.

So I'm off to block his IP address now.
WeeJ
Blimey unsure.gif
magikeyes14
wow... i have like, no words, i was happy that kevin came back being a semi good freind of mine, altho he can be a total ass... but wow.... i mean.. wow... blink.gif
acidteardrop
awwww....ill miss kevin. muchly. i dont know him all too well, but he seemed pretty cool. and liz loves him...so he MUST be cool. i just dont get why we cant get along.

CANT WE ALL JUST.....awww f*ck it.
Polocrunch
Johnson and the Sergeant stand side-by-side, staring out over the charred wreckage of a large factory.

"Well, Johnson, a fine job done."

"I agree sir, and may I say what fine swordsmanship you displayed?"

"Very kind of you Johnson. I'm just glad I had my revenge."

"Your wife would have been proud, sir."

"My wife was a weak woman. She would most likely have been enslaved by his captivating glamour. It is almost fortunate that she was killed so early on. Still, I can never forgive him for what he did to her."

An awkward silence follows. Distant fires crackle amongst the ruins.

"Who would have thought that such a monster could ever conceive such a dastardly plan for total world domination?"

"That was part of his mastery, Johnson. Never be fooled by his shields of hypocrisy and irrelevance. Deep down inside was a devious spam core, bent on totally destroying the Internet, and all the good that lay within."

"It still makes me shudder, sir."

"Don't be ashamed, Johnson. It's a sign that you're still human."

"Unlike that... thing, sir."

"That thing was a soulless beast, Johnson. And he was not the only one. There are many more like him out there, plaguing the Internet, seeking to destroy that upon which they feed."

"But how can we ever hope to stop them all, sir? Surely it is hopeless!?"

"While we have hope, we have strength, Johnson. There will always be warriors out there, ready to fight for the causes of Relevance, Rationalism and Intelligent Debate."

"I hope so, sir, I really do."

"So do I Johnson, so do I..."
Debaser
the sergeant and johnson = my heroes.

>end post<
TigerLily013
Well I would like to apolgize from my sudden and stupid outburst in this tpoic, i was not in the best of moods and reading all the fighting got me angered. I do not deal with fighting so well, be it in real life and online. I have no opinion about this and I probably never will. The reason I said ignore is because it always seemed to help me just learn not to care about people's ignorances.

Perhaps it is time for me to be rid of my burnouts.
VVes
Somehow, it doesn't surprise me, sad. sad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.