Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Unofficial Matazone Fansite
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
MistressAlti
Lemme explain. A few weeks back, I offered some lame but useable Matazone wallpapers to Mata that I made from screenshots and Paint. He said that he didn't need them, but if I wanted to set up a fansite (giving him complete credit for his beautiful work, of course) I could do that. He said he'd even link me.

So, after some deliberation and some free website hunting, the project's underway. It'll end up being kind of a split-interest enterprise, being first and foremost a Matazone fansite but also partly a personal page.

I wanted to know what you all would like to see on such a site, if you'd bother going there at all, whatever. Suggestions, critiques, comments, testimonials, whatever...

Thanks!
Lord of darness
I think you should put a few bits of mata's work (the movies) on your site to get them intersed.

(I'll help if you like as much as I can)
MistressAlti
QUOTE (Lord of darness @ Apr 8 2003, 03:21 PM)
I think you should put a few bits of mata's work (the movies) on your site to get them intersed.

(I'll help if you like as much as I can)

The one thing I don't want to do is replace the purpose of Mata's site. Mata's animations should stay on Mata's site. I'm trying to provide a place for the fans outside of Mata's site itself.
Lord of darness
ok I just had a sugestion.
Sun Tsu
That could really work, actually. You could put up a Matazone quiz and have e-mail interviews with him.

Sun Tsu
Lord of darness
and a matzone related game.
MistressAlti
Sending the thread back to the top...!
Lord of darness
well what do you think of my other idea.
gerbilfromhell
it's schway. what kinda games you thinkin of?
leopold
Sounds like a top idea ta me!!

Hey, ya could do yer own toon "The Matazonians", an we all appear in em!!
craziness
hey that sounds awesome!
Lord of darness
I thought the game you could do is like a fighting game and you can choose between all the matazone people.
MistressAlti
Keep in mind guys, I'm just a high school student, I haven't the means to produce games, really, unless I can find something pre-written. If anyone else knew how to do them, I'd be more than happy to put them on the site. In fact, anything other people would want to contribute would be a blessing to me.
Lord of darness
I think I could make one in RPG Maker but it would take a while.
MistressAlti
QUOTE (Lord of darness @ Apr 8 2003, 06:32 PM)
I think I could make one in RPG Maker but it would take a while.

Well, there's no real timetable for the project. I'm heading into the last section of my semester here, free time will be tight, but as soon as May starts I'll have consistant 3-day long weekends, and June heralds in oodles of wasted time... so I'll be trying to get a real basic thing started this month and add continually.

What I'm saying is, whenever you get whatever done is fine by me.
cheese is funny
i like the idea of a fansite... and i would love to help you missy alti... but i dont know what i could help you with... if you would like to post a list of things you could have me do to make you less busy, i would be happy to help...
MistressAlti
QUOTE (cheese is funny @ Apr 8 2003, 06:38 PM)
i like the idea of a fansite... and i would love to help you missy alti... but i dont know what i could help you with... if you would like to post a list of things you could have me do to make you less busy, i would be happy to help...

Right now I just have grandiose plans in mind but nothing solid. That's kinda why I came to y'all in the first place, to generate ideas that could be solidified in the coming days/weeks/months.
Industrial Kybosh
I could give you some tiresomely pretentious critiques of Mata animations - why they are good, what cultural importance they have, how they reflect our current lifestyles, who they appeal to - but no bugger would read them, or even care.

In which case, I could provide unrelated articles of an odd nature - which people wouldn't care about, but would at least understand.

Whatever, it's a great idea, and has my full support.
Lord of darness
also I think you should put the album on it.

(I know HTML and can help program to)

but I have to wait a little for rpg maker 2003 to come out and also if anyone wants to help me the biggest help would be to make some people of each of the site guys cus I'm a bad artist.
MistressAlti
QUOTE (Industrial Kybosh @ Apr 8 2003, 06:41 PM)
In which case, I could provide unrelated articles of an odd nature - which people wouldn't care about, but would at least understand.

Whatever, it's a great idea, and has my full support.

I like things of an odd nature. I imagine most of us do, considering whose forum we're posting in.
And thanks for the support, wub.gif
Industrial Kybosh
You shouldn't expect anything less, my dear happy.gif
Lord of darness
that would be cool
craziness
erm..i dunno what i do thats so great but i could make aim icons....lol i have gotten pretty good at that
MistressAlti
QUOTE (craziness @ Apr 8 2003, 09:27 PM)
erm..i dunno what i do thats so great but i could make aim icons....lol i have gotten pretty good at that

That would be so awesome, Crazi!
craziness
hehehe if you IM me i change mine all the time the one i have no is pretty cool i am childoftheshrink
MistressAlti
Speaking of IM, if anyone wants to talk more directly to me about this subject (or anything else, I suppose) you can reach me on AIM at DerrewynM
MistressAlti
I finally found a tolerable free website hosting service... I've got a small thing started, by no means is it even close to really going, but I just figured I'd let y'all see.
http://www.freewebs.com/matafansite/
Don't make fun of me. unsure.gif
cheese is funny
sweet, im the second person to go there... <feels lucky>

why would we laugh at you missi alti? your doing something great for all mankind (i refer to everyone here as mankind now...)
MistressAlti
QUOTE (cheese is funny @ Apr 8 2003, 11:14 PM)
sweet, im the second person to go there... <feels lucky>

why would we laugh at you missi alti? your doing something great for all mankind (i refer to everyone here as mankind now...)

All mankind, ne? lol, we'll see.
Jaq
Oo1 I'm number 3! Goth girl looking good wink.gif
leopold
Cool - that's lookin like a good start there missyA! biggrin.gif

I jus wish I was talented enough ta help ya out here... sad.gif
Industrial Kybosh
I see no reason to laugh. It's a nifty little opening page, and I'm sure it will lead to great things in the near future - I have confidence in you wink.gif

However - NYAAAAAAAARRRGGG! I have my own section!!!

That means I have to really get down to some writing work soonish...

Oh, the fear.........
leopold
biggrin.gif <--- that's a cheesy grin, signallin me approval

laugh.gif <--- THAT is a laugh...

tongue.gif <--- an that's me bein childish... *ahem* sorry...
MistressAlti
QUOTE (Industrial Kybosh @ Apr 9 2003, 07:00 AM)
However - NYAAAAAAAARRRGGG! I have my own section!!!

Yeah you do. Much writing from InKy, coming to a fansite near you. laugh.gif

As the website shows, if you want to write stuff, make stuff, anything, I'll include it. Seriously. This is a FAN site, not MissyA's site. You need more than one fan for a fan site. Come on, you know you want to do something.
Industrial Kybosh
Seeing as the articles section has been attributed to me, I will make myself available as a sub-editor for anyone who wishes to write a little piece for the site.

E-mail it to me, and I'll run my professional eye over it before passing it on to MissyA.

Don't worry - I won't rip it to shreds. I'm just a natural proofreader. wink.gif

For e-mail action, just use GuilfordCaxton@hotmail.com

But refrain from sending anything too huge, or I may have to bottle you.
iamtootiredyyyy
wow, looks good smile.gif yay im number 34
craziness
me is #36
oh and btw, i dont make the cool moving icons hehe i just make the easy to make ones....
MistressAlti
There's a forum out on the site now. Cheap-o Bravenet crap, but it'll do. Smile and visit, lol.

And thanks InKy for taking responsibility as editor! Yay!
CrissiLove
Really awesome website, Mistress!!! smile.gif
gerbilfromhell
that site is funschway good job biggrin.gif
ravein
If you want to do cartoons or animations I can whip up some cool stuff in photoshop and paint.. I just need ideas and scripts... I would be more than happy to offer anything I can. I dont have much time since I work full time and have somewhat of a life but my weekends are free sometimes and I am about to get broadband at home..
spuglet
this may be a totally gormless idea but you could put some sort of map up showing the distance of mata fans from all over the world or something.
ok so im not particuarly inventive today.
leopold
Actually that's not such a bad idea... like the one Mata has here, p'raps?
gerbilfromhell
but on that map your posts go away after a while. someone should make a permanent map only to be used by us forumites smile.gif (whoa that's the first time i've used that smiley smile.gif that would be the second biggrin.gif )
MistressAlti
3 WALLPAPERS ARE UP

I apologize for the .zip format, but it can't be helped right now. Most people should know what to do with them, but in case you don't...

Some operating systems open zipped files automatically(I know XP does, I'm unsure about all others), but not all. If yours doesn't, you'll need a program like WinZip to open the files. Use WinZip (or some such program) to extract the .bmp file inside. It's pretty easy to do, so don't be afraid of it if you've never used .zip files before.
Lord of darness
nm
CrissiLove
yippeeeeee smile.gif just got the wallpaper smile.gif
Lord of darness
keep doing a good job.
Industrial Kybosh
Great work, Missy!

Love the Zuriel wallpaper...
MistressAlti
QUOTE (Industrial Kybosh @ Apr 9 2003, 08:15 PM)
Great work, Missy!

Love the Zuriel wallpaper...

That one's my favorite, it was the wallpaper to inspire this whole idea... and it's pretty...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.