Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I'm Going To Be Serious For A Moment
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2
prezgfish
has anyone here ever had an ECG done?
Sir Psycho Sexy
isn't that the thing where you lie down and they put you in a thing and scan you??

(thats a no btw)
prezgfish
its an electrocardiogram they scan your heart for any defects i hav eto get one on friday

i've never known the meaning of fear before
Sir Psycho Sexy
are you scared of being scanned or what they might find??
Pab
My fantastic wife ana has, and she says its the one where they stick little sucker pads all over your torso and read a squiggly line that comes out on paper (from a printer, not an orifice on you). the only thing you need to worry about in the procedure is the temperature of the rubber sticky thingies ...
prezgfish
i'm worried about about what they could find not the proceedure

i'm only 20 and my doctor thinks i habe a heart problem is it so fucking wrong that i am worried about what could be
Phyllis
Uh...no one implied that it was wrong for you to be concerned. I think it's quite understandable. But still, no one implied that you shouldn't be worried.

Good luck.
Pab
*shrugs*
Sir Psycho Sexy
QUOTE (candice @ Nov 5 2003, 09:17 PM)
Uh...no one implied that it was wrong for you to be concerned. I think it's quite understandable. But still, no one implied that you shouldn't be worried.

Good luck.

i think he meant it's wrong for a 20 year old to have a suspected heart problem
prezgfish
yeah that

damn
JaJay721
Does your family have a history of heart disease? You are very young, don't be worried. If they do catch something odds are they caught it soon enough to where you can live a normal healthy life. *If* they catch something odds are it's so early on that they'll just give you a diet and possibly a medication to follow to prevent it from getting worse.
prezgfish
both of my grandfathers are constantly in and out of hospital for heart problems

my dads dad aparently had two heart attacks in his sleep and didnt knoe about them till they done the ecg
CrissiLove
I've never had an ECG, but I've so many other tests it's not funny. I hope that everything turns out fine for you. If you ever need anyone to talk to, I'm always here for you.... Take care! *Hugs Prezgfish*
prezgfish
thanks crissi
Pikasyuu
Much luck, prez. Hope all goes perfectly well for you. ^.^
spiffilicious05
good luck with your proceedure - my ex had a problem with his heart before - they thought that he was having a series of small heart attacks so they ran all these tests on him to try to figure out what was exactly wrong and it was just stress

so who knows maybe you just need a nice night along curled up infront of the computer screen with little goth girl and some popcorn smile.gif

anyways good luck

::crosses fingers::
Sir Psycho Sexy
if both your grandfathers had a history of it your GP might want to be safe than sorry...could just be a precaution ya know?
sjbbandgeek
Your safety is in my thoughts, good luck, and remember... never give up hope
cheese is funny
good luck prez, i hope all goes well <hugs>
Mata
Best wishes to you.

My brother this year has found out that he has a heart defect, so no more smoking or drinking for the rest of his life. Ho hum.

Jonman, the mod, also had open heart surgery back in his teens. He's got the big scar on his chest to prove it. I was really scared for him but he's fine these days.

The heart is something that medical science knows a great deal about, I know that doesn't make this any less scary but it will hopefully give you some faith that even if they do find something wrong there are a lot of things that can be done. Also, in ten years it's most likely that they'll be able to grow you a new one if you need it.
prezgfish
hmm a new one ay
Phyllis
QUOTE (Mata @ Nov 6 2003, 04:56 AM)
Also, in ten years it's most likely that they'll be able to grow you a new one if you need it.

...That made me think of the ears that are grown on the back of mice. This led to a horrible mental picture of a little mousey running around with a human heart sprouting out of its back.

Anyway, Prez, I'm sorry I misinterpreted your post. smile.gif Good luck again, and I hope everything turns out okay.
MistressAlti
I have this wonderful image of prez rocking the operating table, Eminem-style... wink.gif laugh.gif

But seriously, hope everything turns out all right.
Spacehappy
I had one done over a year ago, i get chest pains every now and then which feel like a heart attack, it's a very simple and quiet relaxing procedure (compared to some). Hope everything with yours is ok prezgfish.
prezgfish
i just hope i get the record contract that alti thinks i'm entitled to
Overfriendly_Kitten
Dude,

I had an ECG after a nasty fall where I slammed myself into a post - hitting my sternum (large bone in the middle of your chest)...

The ecg itself is fine... as to what it shows, try not to worry.

You should get the results soon enough. If they have to go away and check - then this isn't necessarily a bad thing as any serious problems are (usually) very evident and show up quickly...

That said - if there are problems, it is always better to find out now while you can still do a lot about it - rather than much later when your options are fewer.

I'm sorry to hear that your Grandfathers are in and out of the hospital - but given their age heart conditions are more serious risks and need more attention... I hope that you are given a clean bill of health - and that if there are any probs they are just minor glitches that can be dealt with easily.

Good luck... and try not to worry - worrying doesn't help. If you're really nervous you could always ring up your doctor and ask him to give you more info on what he thinks might be the problem... I find that knowing what's up and what can be done about it gives me confidence.
prezgfish
hypochondria

is a pain
prezgfish
well i had it done today

no idea what the results will be but its done anyway

i now have to patches on my chest where hair once was blink.gif
CrissiLove
I'm glad you got the test over and done with! smile.gif Until the hair grows back, just tell everyone you're trying a new look.... tongue.gif JJ
cheese is funny
prez, i wish you the best of luck, and i hope all is well with you.
prezgfish
oh and a couple of patches on the legs too
miss_spunk
when do the results come?
prezgfish
monday or tuesday
Jonman
Jonman here indeed, casualty of rip-you-open-and-chop-bits-out-of-you surgery about 13 years ago.

Hope everything's hunky-dory preggers, but here's my little success story.

I had a fairly minor heart condition that had the potential to get bad later in life, so they sliced me open, sawed my sternum in half, pulled me ribs apart, and chopped a lickle bit of my heart out, then sewed me back up. And you know what? I'm fine and dandy me, as fit as a (slightly fat) fiddle. Sure, there was a bunch of tests first, and there was an appreciable amount of discomfort and inconvienience involved in the procedure, but actually, very little pain. Mata, bless him, aided my recuperation by lending me his MegaDrive, so I basically spent 2 months layed out playing videogames, and being pampered by me mum. Bloody great it was. And I've got a ninja wicked scar - the ladies love it aye wink.gif

Bizarrely enough, I used to date a girl who had a matching scar. That was kind of sexy.

Anyway, my point is, try not to get all stressy and that, as even if the results indicate that you're not 100%, it's not the end of the world, and modern medicine can and does do some crazy stuff to fix us up.
prezgfish
as much as i know your trying to help hearing about possible surgery makes me quesyish at the moment

anyway results tomorow

*gulp*
spiffilicious05
good luck hun

and i think that the new look with patches of hair missing could work for you

its got to be hot hot hot laugh.gif
acidteardrop
hee hee. last tiem i got one of those (yes, those stucky things are deathly cold--no punintended) i was told i was going to die soon. i thought it went pretty well. maybe yours'll be even better! hope so. i mean dont take that like i want you to die soon, i dont. what i mean is i want what you want ot happen to happen, not....awww f*ck it.
Phyllis
QUOTE (acidteardrop @ Nov 10 2003, 05:30 PM)
hee hee. last tiem i got one of those (yes, those stucky things are deathly cold--no punintended) i was told i was going to die soon. i thought it went pretty well. maybe yours'll be even better! hope so. i mean dont take that like i want you to die soon, i dont. what i mean is i want what you want ot happen to happen, not....awww f*ck it.

Gee, what a nice, comforting thought for Prez on the night before he gets the results back. What a kind gesture on your part.

rolleyes.gif

Anyway, I hope things turn out okay, Prez. Let us know the results as soon as ya get em. smile.gif
acidteardrop
QUOTE (candice @ Nov 11 2003, 04:11 AM)
QUOTE (acidteardrop @ Nov 10 2003, 05:30 PM)
hee hee.  last tiem i got one of those (yes, those stucky things are deathly cold--no punintended) i was told i was going to die soon.  i thought it went pretty well.  maybe yours'll be even better!  hope so.  i mean dont take that like i want you to die soon, i dont.  what i mean is i want what you want ot happen to happen, not....awww f*ck it.

Gee, what a nice, comforting thought for Prez on the night before he gets the results back. What a kind gesture on your part.

rolleyes.gif

Anyway, I hope things turn out okay, Prez. Let us know the results as soon as ya get em. smile.gif

what part was the kind gesture? my results or me trying to wish him good results but not really knowing how o word it? i think i have it figured out now.

prez: i hope your results come out even better than mine but not in a sense that you end up dieing sooner than you expected, because im mostly sure thats what you want. my thoughts are out to you in that the results come out the way you watn them to, which is the opposite of what you described, what you described being what you DONT want ot happen.

*wink wink**nudge nudge* know what i mean, know what i mean, eh?
prezgfish
em gee thanks i think

no results today

i'll wait untill tomorow
prezgfish
rraaaaargh!!

still no damn results

this is absolute torture

i'm going to go totally insane waiting for these

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

that felt a little bit better

but

crap need to wait till tomorow
Mr Fuzzy
Damn backed up post... Delaying what you need to know for your own peace of mind. Hope it turns out well squire.
prezgfish
got results today
Phyllis
So...bad, good, indifferent?

Everything okay, Prez?
prezgfish
oh right the results

the results were normal

which brings up somrthing completely different

what the hell happened if it wasnt the heart

so

em

i'm OK wub.gif
Jaq
Phew! What a relief, eh? smile.gif

Hopefully they'll find out what's wrong soon. Not knowing's the hardest part.

Good luck!
Phyllis
Oh good...glad to hear that your heart is in good shape, Prez. smile.gif
CommieBastard
Good to hear everything went well smile.gif

I had a similar scare last year. Not an EEG, but an ECG, where they look at your brain instead of your heart. Doctors were worried, because of the whole fainting-for-no-apparent-reason-and-also-fitting thing I do, that I might have a brain tumour, which has to be just about the most frightening thing I can think of. The test itself was horrible, they made my hyperventilate for five minutes which made me all nauseous and gave me vertigo for some odd reason, but the results came back negative. I haven't fainted or fitted since, and they've still no idea what caused it...
prezgfish
maybe you had too much oxygen in your system and hyper ventilating sorted it right out

man i hate hyper ventilating
acidteardrop
im thinking of getting another one. i want a second opinion, the possibility of misdiagnoseing me is there, and ever since i got together with krys, ive...well...changed my thinking...you see...i love her and i want to be with her forever...and if i was misdiagnosed then i dont want an operation pointlessly...but whatever it is ive now resolved to live. not for me, but for kryssie.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.