Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The NFL
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2
MistressAlti
Since we don't have a sports board, I guess I'll put this here...

KC Chiefs Win AGAIN 9-0! Bwahahahahaha!

Sorry. It's Sunday. I watch (American) Football on Sundays. And my team is still undefeated.

Much excitement going on over here.
Mr Fuzzy
American football indeed... The amount of body armour used makes me whimper.

You know what counts as protective clothing for rugby players? A bit of insulation tape wrapped around the head to stop their ears coming off. Rah!
the lil' pie fairy
exactly, what's with this padding malarky?! over here we do it the tough way. if you break a few ribs, so what? as long as you win then drink lots of beer afterwards you're fine.
or so my male friends tell me.
it's like that new maccyd's burger, the one with the advert that takes the mick out of american football. digression, i know, but hey.
ravein
personally I think it has to do with protecting your investment.. when you have a player worth millions.. you don't just send him to the gauntlets naked.. Also.. if you have ever been to a NFL game and heard to hits this guys take.. you would want something covering your arse as well.. I was at a Panthers game a year or so ago.. guy got hit so hard he turned a back flip.. I was 20-30 rows up in a huge stadium full of screaming fans and I swear you could hear the hit...

PS KC is going down!! Panthers may go all the way this year.. (MAYBE)
MistressAlti
QUOTE (ravein @ Nov 10 2003, 11:14 AM)
PS KC is going down!! Panthers may go all the way this year.. (MAYBE)

NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVER!
ravein
deal with it girlie!!! KC gonna be clean out the locker rooms.. .heheheheheh

okay..so technically they are not scheduled to play each other... but damnit.. if they do meet... KC is going down!!!!!
hahahahahahaha laugh.gif wink.gif
miss_spunk
erm yeah, I could never stand watching American football, I ALWAYS saw it as such a sissy's version of rugby...sorry to cause offence. But yeah, this week hasn't been a good week for sports. First the Ireland and France game *shakes head* Ireland didn#t do that great. Then Man U v Liverpool (football, or soccer) was a disgrace. We (liverpool) should've had a penalty and scored AT LEAST 4 goals in the last twenty minutes.

Damn those arrogant pri*ks at Man U

Sorry...I'm more composed now

Aysha xxx
ravein
QUOTE (miss_spunk @ Nov 10 2003, 02:14 PM)
erm yeah, I could never stand watching American football, I ALWAYS saw it as such a sissy's version of rugby...sorry to cause offence.

anyone who thinks that has never been hit by a 6'8 300 pound line backer named Shorty... I always felt European football could put a ADD teanager jacked up on coffee to sleep.. sorry to cause offence.. wink.gif biggrin.gif
sjbbandgeek
D. Erickson's 49ers Shall Rule All
MistressAlti
QUOTE (ravein @ Nov 10 2003, 12:02 PM)
okay..so technically they are not scheduled to play each other... but damnit.. if they do meet... KC is going down!!!!!

Who was that you lost to again? Was that Houston, a team that's not even .500? Oh yeah, I think it was. tongue.gif

TO EVERYONE ELSE:
And this is not the place to argue rugby vs. football. You want to debate the differences in the game, go make your own thread - we're celebrating a tiny bit of Americanism here, please don't rain on the parade.

More football talk. This forum really lacks a stereotypical American masculine edge. tongue.gif
sjbbandgeek
just because a team is under .500 doesn't mean they can't win. Look at all but one of the 49ers losses, 2 have been in overtime, and they all have been less than 3 points differance
ravein
oh come on!!! they got lucky and it was only by 4 points!! I am just happy that we dont suck air this year... jebus... the last 4 years have been painfull to watch (not as painfull and the Bangles seasons)
sjbbandgeek
I hate to say this, but the Vikings are gonna win the Super Bowl
ravein
*cough*bullshit*cough*
MistressAlti
QUOTE (sjbbandgeek @ Nov 10 2003, 01:31 PM)

Ha, I'll believe that when I see it. The Vikings burned out too early. They were soaring along beautifully at the beginning, and now they're down 3 games in a row. They won't make it to the Super Bowl, anyway - they won't win the NFC.
Phyllis
QUOTE (MistressAlti @ Nov 10 2003, 10:56 AM)
More football talk. This forum really lacks a stereotypical American masculine edge. tongue.gif

It does indeed.

/me grunts and crushes a beer can on her head

Have you ever tried to do that? Ow. Seriously painful.

/me puts down the beer can and eats various meaty foods and fried side dishes

If Oregon had a football team, I'd say that they would win! But...chances are...they'd probably have lost a bajillion times already and not have a chance and I'd just look silly. biggrin.gif The closest team to us I think is the Seahawks, and I've no clue how they're doing....but yay them anyway, even if they've been losing (I'm sure they have)! happy.gif
sjbbandgeek
QUOTE (MistressAlti @ Nov 10 2003, 11:43 AM)
QUOTE (sjbbandgeek @ Nov 10 2003, 01:31 PM)

Ha, I'll believe that when I see it. The Vikings burned out too early. They were soaring along beautifully at the beginning, and now they're down 3 games in a row. They won't make it to the Super Bowl, anyway - they won't win the NFC.

Then who will? The Bucs? BAH
MistressAlti
QUOTE (sjbbandgeek @ Nov 10 2003, 02:30 PM)
QUOTE (MistressAlti @ Nov 10 2003, 11:43 AM)

Ha, I'll believe that when I see it. The Vikings burned out too early. They were soaring along beautifully at the beginning, and now they're down 3 games in a row.  They won't make it to the Super Bowl, anyway - they won't win the NFC.

Then who will? The Bucs? BAH

Who said anything about the Bucs? (Who in their right mind would say anything about the Bucs?) No, Carolina's going to have the South easily, the Bucs don't stand a chance. As much as I hate to go with ravein on that. tongue.gif

I imagine the NFC East will be decided soon enough too. My best guess says Favre and Ahman Green are going to walk all over the Eagles tonight, thus securing Dallas' domination over that division.
MistressAlti
QUOTE (candice @ Nov 10 2003, 02:13 PM)
The closest team to us I think is the Seahawks, and I've no clue how they're doing....but yay them anyway, even if they've been losing (I'm sure they have)! happy.gif

Actually, the Seahawks aren't that bad off this season - they're 6-3. Although they did lose to the Redskins last night (shouldn't have happened dry.gif)...
sjbbandgeek
The Seahawks will win the west, The East will go to Dallas, The North wil be Minnesota's and Carolina will win the South the wild card teams will be St. Louis and either SF or PHI (depending who wins the dec 21 game, I chooss SF) Dal and Car will have first round bye.

ROUND 1
SF beats Sea---Min beats Stl
ROUND 2
Min beats Car---Dal beats SF
Round 3
Min Beats Dal

Min beats Tenn in the Super Bowl
MistressAlti
QUOTE (sjbbandgeek @ Nov 10 2003, 04:44 PM)
The Seahawks will win the west, The East will go to Dallas, The North wil be Minnesota's and Carolina will win the South the wild card teams will be St. Louis and either SF or PHI (depending who wins the dec 21 game, I chooss SF)

I agree with you on the East, North, and South, but the West isn't that sure yet. I'm going to wait before I consider that race finished. Yes, the Seahawks beat the Rams once, but may I remind you that it was only a one-point difference? Both teams have been dismal on the road, both have 4 out of the next 7 games on the road... but the Seahawks have to come to STL for the rematch. I never underestimate the power of homefield advantage - and I'm a KC person, I should know!

As far as San Francisco, I don't believe they really have a prayer. They haven't won a game on the road yet, and December 21 is... guess what... a ROAD GAME. Against the Eagles, which have clearly been a better team as of late. I think SF is finished and the wildcard will go to Phildephia.
sjbbandgeek
Every 49ers road game lost is by a very small point differance (except for that Minnesota blowout) 2 in overtime and many of our losses are Owen Pochmans fault. That's why SF sacked him and hired Peterson. The Niners are out of thier slump and are fully rested to beat Pitt. next week, Why? Because the offensive line is at full health and T.O finally shut up.
MistressAlti
QUOTE (MistressAlti @ Nov 10 2003, 04:20 PM)
I imagine the NFC East will be decided soon enough too. My best guess says Favre and Ahman Green are going to walk all over the Eagles tonight, thus securing Dallas' domination over that division.

Well, color me wrong.

Philedelphia 17, Green Bay 14. I managed to catch the end of that game just as the Eagles scored for the win. Lovely game-ender - on a fumble. Gotta love Monday Night Football. sleep.gif
ravein
yeah that was a excellent game.. very good.. I am so happy football season is back in full swing..
I don't know.. I am betting on Carolina sadly because of... one drive... the drive against the bucs... 2 mins left.. 67 yard drive.. it was pure perfection. The QB had guys in his face constantly, hit receivers that didn't even look like they could be open. The calls where excellent.. I have to say, if they play the rest of their season like they did that one drive... look out.
But yeah.. I think you have the NSEW pegged...
MistressAlti
QUOTE (ravein @ Nov 11 2003, 01:15 PM)
But yeah.. I think you have the NSEW pegged...

I think I do too, but I'm actually hoping that I don't. I like upsets. Well, I like upsets with every team but mine, of course. wink.gif

Division to watch is still the AFC North. There is no clear leader going into the second half of the season. Baltimore looks to have a relatively easy schedule (with the exception of Seattle), and seeing as they're currently on top, they could coast their way in. They will, however, have to keep dominance over Cincinnati.

Cininnati has their work cut out for them, though, as guess who they have to take on next week? The only unbeaten team in the league, my beautiful KC Chiefs. And I'll be damned if I even consider the possibility of Cinci pulling that one off. Even if they do survive the KC game, they still have to play St. Louis a few weeks later. Not a combination I'd want to fight, personally.
Pikasyuu
QUOTE (Mr Fuzzy @ Nov 11 2003, 01:39 AM)
American football indeed... The amount of body armour used makes me whimper.

You know what counts as protective clothing for rugby players? A bit of insulation tape wrapped around the head to stop their ears coming off. Rah!

I like it. But rugby > american football

Anyway, I wouldn't want to be out on the field with some 350 lb 6'2" linebacker named Bubba charging my ass wearing nothing but a t-shirt and jeans. That'd be.. well, bad.
ravein
*edited since I was sooooooooo shown up by Missy and her smart thinking!!!!!!*
hehehehehe
MistressAlti
Damn there being no effective way to do tables on this messageboard...
sjbbandgeek
Playoff time. Who will win the big game?
My 9ers did crap this season so I must give my full support to my secondary team
TITANS ALL THE WAY!!!
MistressAlti
I was just wondering where this thread got to...

Predictions for playoff games next week -

Indy Colts over KC Chiefs (sad for me, but ah well.. here's hoping anyway)
STL Rams over Carolina Panthers (sorry Ravein... they're just not consistant...)
NE Patriots over Tennessee Titans (McNair's still injured... and the Patriots are perfect at home)
GB Packers over Philly Eagles (I just believe in Favre. Dunno why)

Come on sports people, I know there's got to be more than just 3 of us... predict!
sjbbandgeek
Colts>Chiefs(Manning is on fire and KC will burn)
Panthers>Rams(St. Louis must be stopped)
Titans>Patriots(We still gots E.George)
Packers>Eagles (A.Green is gonna kill them)
ravein
QUOTE (MistressAlti @ Jan 7 2004, 01:29 AM)
STL Rams over Carolina Panthers (sorry Ravein... they're just not consistant...)

ohhhhhhh Rams are going down baby!!!!
*does body builder pose*

I think that the Panthers want it more... we have been in loserville for the last 5 years... our guys are hungry... they will take it....

I hope dry.gif
sjbbandgeek
Look Here
The Rams, Pats, Eagles, and Chiefs have repoted no injuries. And the other teams are stricken with them. Must be some sort of conspiricy.
MistressAlti
The Panthers (finally) beat the Rams in 2nd Overtime.

I did not see this coming at all. Seriously. The Panthers are some really lucky SOBs. Don't suppose they could have gotten any more penalties than they did.
sjbbandgeek
How could the titans have lost? sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif
MistressAlti
Chiefs got smoked... not that the Colts have a prayer either, they have as little defense as we do.
ravein
QUOTE (MistressAlti @ Jan 10 2004, 09:35 PM)
The Panthers (finally) beat the Rams in 2nd Overtime.

I did not see this coming at all. Seriously. The Panthers are some really lucky SOBs. Don't suppose they could have gotten any more penalties than they did.

hey KC!! na na na na na hey hey hey... good-bye!!!!!!
*does happy dance*

yeah that game was frustrating! good and loooooooooooong!!! but that last throw was perfectly executed. You could not have asked for a better play, perfect QB protection (FINALLY) open receiver with good legwork.. very nice. But the two missed FG was frustrating.. and the Rams did call a TO right before the kick which was just rude, effective but rude. But the penalties where out of control.. I would have fired the whole damn team!
Beans
damn KC's out.... im sad now...i actually have to resort to pulling for GB... but wait they got their asses kicked too....o well... the colts better go all the way since they took out KC...
MistressAlti
The Colts have no defense either. The Patriots are going to kill them. In truth, the KC-Indy game was worthless. NE could have beaten us both, hands down, at the same time...

Gloat while you can, Ravein dearest, but the Eagles will not make the mistakes that the Rams did...
sjbbandgeek
Jeff Garcia was arrested this morning near a jack in the box for dui.
Dreams On Hiatus
I think football is pointless and stupid.

*dodges rotten vegetables and various other objects that people are chucking...*

but its ok if you like football...

the rest of my family is nuts about it.
MistressAlti
That's nice. Really. This thread is for people who like it. Spam is the devil. Thankyouverymuch.

My predictions:

Patriots over Colts (Colts = no defense)
Eagles over Panthers (Panthers are unreliable... 0 to 100+ yards of penalties in two games? oi)
ravein
I'm telling you... Panthers are HUNGRY (hence the penalties)... they are going to play hard. Philly is good though and I like both teams. I think they are equally matched.. it is just going to come down to who wants it more and who hangs on to the ball.
I really want the Colts to win... but.... I dont think they will... I do hate that KC got smoked... I was really hoping the Panthers would met up against them.
ravein
QUOTE (Dreams On Hiatus @ Jan 14 2004, 09:43 PM)
I think football is pointless and stupid.

*dodges rotten vegetables and various other objects that people are chucking...*

but its ok if you like football...

the rest of my family is nuts about it.

yeah well your feet smell!! so there!!!! wink.gif biggrin.gif laugh.gif
ravein
okay... so if ya didnt kow.. Panthers mopped the floor with Philly...
Panthers are going to the superbowl baby!!!!!!! wwooooooooowwwwwoooooooo!!!!!!
tongue.gif
MistressAlti
Your team amazes me, Ravein dear. They have my vote for Stuper Bowl champs.
ravein
QUOTE (MistressAlti @ Jan 19 2004, 06:18 PM)
Your team amazes me, Ravein dear. They have my vote for Stuper Bowl champs.

They have a lot to prove.. but last nights game was amazing.. they just left people laying on the field.. I hope they take it.. 7 years is a long time to be last.
sjbbandgeek
*bump*
Terrell Owens's agent didn't file the paperwork for his escape clause so he is not eligible for free agency. So instead of choosing from a variety of offers from teams like the falcons and the panthers, he is at the mercy of the 49ers and he can only hope that he doesn't get shipped to a place like Buffalo.
Hambean
BRING ON NBL
CAN`T WAIT tongue.gif
sjbbandgeek
What?!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.