Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Im On Total Restriction
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2
Elisa
sat down with him (unwillingly, more like he sat down with me) last night (i was on webcam for those of you who saw) and afterwards i felt like killing myself.

Now, no offense Acid, really! But i am failing to see your true attempt to work this out with your father. Why did you sit down with him on webcam?? I recognize that you are extremely upset with him for what he is doing to you, and you have every right to be, but nothing can ever be worked out with him if you are not willing to do so yourself. It was a big step for him to sit down and talk to you at this point!! I am not understanding why you tainted his attempt to work this out with you by a.) not being willing to do so yourself and b.) by capturing it all on webcam for your web friends to see. It just doesn't seem to make sense to me.
You are young and that is already hindering you from understanding where he is coming from. The younger you are the more emotional you are and you don't want to see things from another perspective. To me though, a complete outsider to the situation, your father being willing to talk with you seems like a huge step for him. I did not see your conversation with your father, but from the way you desribed i don't think that you gave anything that he might have said to you a chance. The way you speak on this forum greatly reflects how i see you acting in real life towards your father. I am going to go on a limb here and say that you rolled your eyes a few times while your father was speaking? The reason i say this is cause you seem a lot like i was with my parents before i was able to semi work things out with them. Whenever they wanted to talk to me I didn't even pretend like i cared what they were talking about because i resented them so much and i know now how much of a slap in the face it was for them. Your father seems to be making an effort, which in perspective, is really soon to be doing so for him. Give your father a chance.

Elisa...i respect your opinion, but im not going ot see anyone who gets paid gobs of money to pretend to care, then does a sh*tty job of it.

Also on this issue, believe me i know what you are saying and i totally understand. In one of my other posts i said that I made the mistake of telling my father i was scared of him. We agreed as a family to go to family counseling. My mother called up a psychiatrist and essentially said "Elisa has a problem with us, we think she needs help she is unable to get along with us and she needs to see you" My psychiatrist told me this and my parents are the type of people that would do that. Anyway point being i ended up in therpy when we were supposed to go as a family and i resented my parents more than you could ever imagine for it. But when i look back it really helped me out a lot. I never really said much to her, but she helped me to work things out in my head. I was 17, i think, when i went so i wouldn't suggest you do what i did. But she helped me to make myself more independant from them even though i was still living under their roof, she backed up what i had said about my parents all along (in that, they set forth ridiculous rules for me) after she had said that to me i was able to not care about there rules and in a sense break myself off from them but still respect them and be able to live with them. My situation is completely different from yours, but i shared becasue the situation helped out more than i thought that it could. Maybe psychiatrists really don't give a rats ass about your life, but they can certainly be more helpful than you think. That's why i said there is no shame in going to someone.
Elisa
oops double post
acidteardrop
again, i repect your opinion fully elisa. ive been to a few psychiatrists/psychologists before and they somply either made me feel wrose or just wasted everyones time, thus making me feel worse. im very independent, and try to deal with problems myself, but if i do need to talk to someone these people are here for me and so are my real life freinds. i talk to them...they understand. but with todays goings on i guess all contact- even school -is restrictred.

and i think you misunderstood what i said. my father was in the room with me. i did nothing but cry, i didnt roll my eyes or anything. i simply sat there staring blankly through liquid eyes. i was on webcam cos i didnt bother to shut it off...mostly cos my dad didnt watn me on the internet and i didnt have time to shut it off.
DarkProtector
Ok now I'm happy my parents didn't freak on me when they found out about me.
Fluffy
*Hugs*

Being hetero, I haven't had to go through any of this. But I've never been a fan of people who hate people because of their sexuality or the like. I'd say, if peacefully trying to talk it out doesn't work, in a similar situation I, personally, would disown your father. But I don't always give the best advice, so I dunno. Here, have some junk food, you'll feel better.
Theresapartayinmyhead
just dont be bi? i mean you should like the opposite sex and not the same cuz how are you ever gonna get married or have kids????
Phyllis
One cannot just *stop* being bi. It's not a choice. And not everyone wants to get married and have kids. And people who like the same sex SHOULD be able to marry their partner and adopt kids.

I think that's about all I need to say on that subject.
GeekRocker12
i agree with theresapartayinmahead...

im not homophobic, but i dont think its rite for members of the same sex to like eachother. It was "Adam and Eve", not "Adam and Steve..." Besides certain people have certain body parts for a reason.
Theresapartayinmyhead
QUOTE (GeekRocker12 @ Nov 27 2003, 02:07 AM)

im not homophobic, but i dont think its rite for members of the same sex to like eachother. It was "Adam and Eve", not "Adam and Steve..." Besides certain people have certain body parts for a reason.

yes i have to agree w/ geek
Phyllis
QUOTE (GeekRocker12 @ Nov 26 2003, 06:07 PM)

As Mata already mentioned earlier in this thread, if you believe in Biblical creation, obviously it had to be Adam and Eve. Adam and Steve couldn't have had children, then the race would have ended with them.

That doesn't make homosexuality wrong. It just makes you narrowminded. smile.gif

And this thread isn't about either of your feelings on homosexuality or bisexuality. It's about ATD seeking support from the rest of us for a very tough time in his life. He really doesn't need people like you saying stuff like that.

Plus, if you read a little section called THE RULES...homophobia is against them. Which is what you are spewing forth, whether you admit it or not.
MistressAlti
Theresapartayinmyhead and GeekRocker12:

Firstly, I want to direct you here.

You ought to read it before you continue posting here.

Also, you ought to know that this thread is not open for debate on whether you believe homosexuality/bisexuality is "right" or "wrong". Go here instead. Or anywhere in the Issues forum. Not here. This was the personal thread of a person looking for empathy and support, not your judgement. Go elsewhere.

Any further posts on the "right" and "wrong" of this subject will be deleted.

-Moderator MissyA
GeekRocker12
Edited by MissyA, please see above post
Pikasyuu
But isn't saying "It's Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve" implying you consider homosexuality wrong?

Yes, you may have an opinion albeit how sickeningly ignorant and offensive it is, but I really suggest you go out and get a different one.

Is it really so bad for people to be in love, regardless of who it's with?
GeekRocker12
Thats my point, i never said it was wrong. I was stating pure fact that it was NOT adam and steve. But we arent supposed to talk about biblical thing on this thread so i suggest we both drop it.

[Good idea. Drop it. In fact, let's not respond to this further, shall we? - MissyA]
magikeyes14
could everyone just bget along? keep your posts to the topic please, no one really needs to discuss wether being bi/homosexual is wrong in a personal thread, do that in issues. AND one can not silmpy stop being bi, its not possible, u are what u are.

Love you Erik
*kisses*
GeekRocker12
[Good idea. Drop it. In fact, let's not respond to this further, shall we? - MissyA]

STOP THE MADNESS!!!! END THE SUBJECT!!! PUT US OUT OF OUR MISERY!!!
Pikasyuu
QUOTE (GeekRocker12 @ Nov 27 2003, 02:33 PM)

STOP THE MADNESS!!!! END THE SUBJECT!!! PUT US OUT OF OUR MISERY!!!

That's why I don't get warned.

I know how to state my opinion logically, despite that it's tainted with very angry undertones. Oh, and I'm not a homophobe. Get out of the thread and call it a night, kid.
MistressAlti
Moving the thread back on track...

The forum supports you, ATD.
Fluffy
could everyone just bget along?

That's quite a good idea (despite the spelling error tongue.gif ). I propose we go about this by getting back on topic, as those before me have suggested.

Edited to Add: Sorry about saying the same basic thing as you did MistressAlti, it seems we posted at the same time.
magikeyes14
tongue.gif yah i suck at spelling... ANWAYS on topic....

I love you Erik, you know that and i am always here for you when u need me, im just a phone call/IM away.... *kisses*
MistressAlti
QUOTE (Fluffy @ Nov 26 2003, 08:57 PM)
That's quite a good idea (despite the spelling error tongue.gif ). I propose we go about this by getting back on topic, as those before me have suggested.

Edited to Add: Sorry about saying the same basic thing as you did MistressAlti, it seems we posted at the same time.

It's all fine, dear. Great minds think alike and all. =)
Sinewmire
dry.gif Your father seems terrified that you're going to meet someone. Does he think that by keeping you under lock and key he can "cure" you? You say he thinks you are being influenced to be bisexual. Perhaps you should ask him what by? If you avoid it at least you might get some freedom...

Perhaps your father feels he is losing touch with you? As if by having an alternate sexuality you will intentionally be emotionally distancing yourself from him.

Hope I've helped or at least not hindered wink.gif
Faerieryn
You started this thread a while back acid. Is it getting ANY better? I hope at least on some level your dad has lighened the restriction a little bit. I agree with askig what he thinks is influencing you but be careful. He could think it is TV, or your school or even this forum. And you don't want to loose TV, have to change schools or never be able to talk to anyone ever again. I know that you don't know me too well but if you do need someone to talk to feel free to PM me and you could always tell your dad that I'm a nice english secondary school teacher if he thinks that you should only have respecable friends who might be less likely to influence you. I couldn't even influence a Tea bag to make a decent cup!!! (hah! me respecable I can't even spell the word).

Any way. Continued good luck and zen hugs to you.
Luv Ryn
acidteardrop
thank you all, but honestly it hasn't gotten much better. He still won't let me do anything. I know already what he says is influencing me. He says it's the people i hang out with. He told me to get into team sports and hang out with the "jock" kids. Yeah, like I'm going to hang out with a bunch of homophobes who all hate me anyways? nice reasoning.

No, it's gotten no better. The skool still harasses me about every day, trying to "find out what's wrong" and they "care about me". bull-f--king-sh*t.

I don't watch television, he actually agrees with what the skool is doing, and he knows, I've made it quite clear, that if he takes away the one outlet i have (the internet, AKA you people) then I will do something exceedingly stupid. More than likely involving the death of someoen. more than likely him. possibly someone else (not saying who, but it's nothing to do with the skool). Already i know he is going to take away my internet for a few months for bad marks. I can't do homework, it's as close to physically impossible as something can get. so yeah, there's an update for you. not much of one.
Sir Maxerpopple
No, it's gotten no better. The skool still harasses me about every day, trying to "find out what's wrong" and they "care about me". bull-f--king-sh*t.

I doubt that. They really do want to help.
the lil' pie fairy
it's at times like these i wish i could kidnap people like you and bring you to my funky retro house to be happy (whilst still maintaining the life you had before)

*huggles* not much help, but i don't know what else i could say!
acidteardrop
that would be great laugh.gif

I wish someone would kidnapp me. I f--king hate it here.
Sir Maxerpopple
If you were kidnapped, I doubt you would enjoy where you would be going.
gerbilfromhell
ATD, you need to keep an open mind about this. Yes, there are going to be many people that don't like you for being bisexual. But just try and find the ones that do, and if you can't find any right now, just keep looking. Or just don't hang out with the jocks. Hang out with more open minded people instead. Or something else entirely, it's up to you (obviously).

And about your school, people don't become psychiatrists and therapists for the money. And if they do, they certainly don't work at a school (and if you go to a public school, then whoever's there is DEFINITELLY not doing it for the money) for the money. Immedeately dissmissing these people as 'uncaring' or something like that isn't going to help you. Like i said, keep an open mind about this. You are obviously very stressed, at the least. That's something that's very noticible, especially to a therapist/psychiatrist/guidance counselor. They may very well just be trying to help. Or they may not. But just, instead of automatically assuming that they don't care, give their way a shot and find out for sure. If it turns out that they don't, there's other places to get help (and that can be help for even stress, if that's what's giving you the most trouble. Or even the only trouble).

and he knows, I've made it quite clear, that if he takes away the one outlet i have (the internet, AKA you people) then I will do something exceedingly stupid. More than likely involving the death of someoen. more than likely him. possibly someone else (not saying who, but it's nothing to do with the skool).

Look, I'm sure you're exaggerating (and if you're not, then there is something SERIOUSLY wrong....), but do you think threatening your father is going to accomplish anything? You're not going to gain anything from it, and it's just going to make the rift between the two of you even wider (and don't say it can't get any wider. Rifts can always get wider and threats are one of the best ways to do just that.) Really, in a best case scenario he'd ignore you completely (and i doubt that), and in a worst case scenario he'd get paranoid and keep you away from any possible weapons and warn your school. Maybe worse, i have no idea. But the point is that things like this aren't going to make anything better. Even stopping things from getting worse, or at least slowing down how much worse they get, is doing SOMETHING. And I would guess that there are ways to make this better.
EvilSpork
I plan on being a psychiatrist/sociologist because the human mind intruiges me. I like helping people.

Anyway back on subject...

Erik, really I don't know what to say. In some ways I have to agree for you to be more open minded to the councelors, but with your dad I'm not sure what to say. I can't say I'm in your shoes so I don't know exactly what is going on. I think its your DAD that needs help laugh.gif
sammi
*still never gets to important topics on time* dry.gif Ah, well...

Anyways, I am completely sympathetic. I may not be able to empathize, but I certainly hope things get better, and as soon as possible. As for suggestions or advice, it sounds like you and your dad had a pretty good relationship before you came out. This actually happened to one of my friends IRL, and what she wound up doing was sitting down calmly with both of her parents and talking to them, without being previously upset (like the whole camera incident seemed minus the tears etc. that happened a while back...?) and explained to them that she didn't want to see their relationships dissolve and become tense or damaged in any way. She laid out her arguements carefully, and told her parents that her decision of what her orientation is was purely up to her, and that she wouldn't be shifting. She explained that it wasn't simply "experimenting" for the sake of exploring her sexuality, but rather something that she felt and wasn't going to change any time soon. You might even add, in a conversation be it something like this or another, that just because you're bisexual doesn't make you any different of a person, and that you wanted to include them so that they could understand you as their son even better than they would have if you hadn't told them. Your orientation does influence who you are, even if they're not happy with it. Also, do try to understand where your parents are coming from, particularly your dad. Give him some time - they've just had a door opened that they didn't think existed at all. I know it sounds utterly outrageous considering the things he's done, and I myself would be furious, but tolerance and understanding can solve a lot. I don't know if that helped whatsoever, but I hope it did. blink.gif

And now, other topics... Like Gerb said, it really is up to you who you hang out with, and who your friends are. Try finding some open-minded people who will accept you for who you are, if not adore you to pieces. ^_~ And as for your dad wanting you to hang out with the "jocks", don't ignore him, but instead calmly reply something along the lines of, "I have tried to be their friend, but it just wasn't working out." If you say something like, "They're not really the type of people I hang out with, and I don't wanna..." your dad will most likely reply something along the lines of "Well, then who ARE the type of people you hang out with?!" and most likely restrict you in some sort, again.

As for psychologists / therapists etc., they're not all bad. I just personally find them creepy because my school sent me to one because they thought I had "issues" which didn't help me at all, despite my efforts. Eventually my mum was able to get me out of it, luckily, but I've never quite liked them since. I understand that you haven't had a good experience with them, but keep trying. If you seriously need help, there is bound to be at one good psychologist / therapists etc. in your area. Another thing about physchologists / therapists etc. -- maybe you and your dad could go in for counselling together...? I don't know how that would work for you, considering I really don't know you, but if you feel like it, give it a shot. It'll let you open up and vent and get your opinions and ideas out. Be honest with the guy as much as possible -- it's the only way he'll ever come to actually understand you. And threatening him doesn't sound like too hot of an idea... He'd just probably do what Gerb was talking about... unsure.gif Good luck, ATD~!
the lil' pie fairy
QUOTE (Sir Maxerpopple @ Jan 9 2004, 01:51 AM)
If you were kidnapped, I doubt you would enjoy where you would be going.

if it was me kidnapping them, and bringing them to my funky retro house (that i will have once i have my own) for as long as they wanted, they would be happy!!

i'd hope unsure.gif otherwise they could redesign it with me smile.gif
deranged_ferret
sad.gif I really hope things get better for you soon acid. I think so far the best ideas are to write him a letter or see if he calms down about it over time (BTW how long ago did you tell him?). You could try to explain in the letter that your sexuality is not the way it it is because you have been "influenced", but because that is who you are, and that hanging out with homophobic jocks will not change you, just force you to bottle up your feeling causing you anxiety and stress. Tell him that you want to keep the relationship you had before, but there is nothing he or you can do about who you are, so there is no point trying to fight it. Tell him you know it's a shock and that it may take sometime for him to accept it, but you will still be there for him when he comes around. I hope my post helped even a little bit and if not I hope you find some other way to improve the situation. Goodluck sleep.gif
Sir Psycho Sexy
this thread has floated for such a long time.....odd
VVes
Well, It really is very sad that you're having to deal with people that don't understand these things and the only way to deal with you is to ask you the impossible and make outlandish prohibitions.

It seems your father would dissapprove of anything sexual, regardless of your sexual orientation at your age. So, the "bi" part wasn't too much of a relief to him.

Not to defend him, and I am unclear on how things came to be the way they are in your life, but sometimes being a parent can really be hard. Especially if they're trying to raise a kid on their own.

Is there a senior family member anywhere that understands you? You may even consider moving out and make them your legal gaurdians instead of your dad.

Not the BEST advice, but considering the mental and physical anguish you're going through. It's something to consider. All legal like, of course.

School, well, kids are cruel to a fault. You will find bully's are everwhere. If it's not something about your sexuality, it's the way you look. Or the way you dress, or whatever. No real news there. Changing schools? Not a real solution. Just hang in there! There is no real or easy solution to your problems. Just ways of avoiding something more terrible, I suppose.

Here, your're welcome the way you are. You won't be judged and you can talk about almost anyting. Within the bounderies of good taste of course. Heck you don't even have to wear anything to be here. Aren't we all great for each other?

smile.gif
EvilSpork
QUOTE (VVes @ Jan 9 2004, 01:21 PM)
Heck you don't even have to wear anything to be here. Aren't we all great for each other?

smile.gif

ohmy.gif! Thats great! *gets naked* .... Ahh happy.gif

Anyway, I have to agree with a lot that Wes is saying here and we will listen and you canbe who you are. Also ferret said a lot of things that might help. Just put some effort forth to try whatever it takes to get him to understand you a little better and let you be who you are, you know? Try whatever it takes as long as it is not TOO drastic, you will be fine.
northerntigress
QUOTE (lygophilia @ Nov 15 2003, 09:37 PM)
I wanna have gay pride dry.gif ...but I' not gay... wink.gif so it doesn't work so well...

If you want to have Gay Pride, you can adopt my philosophy: Straight But Not Narrow. It means that I'm straight, but Open-minded. H*ll, my best friend is Bi, and I have met/hung out with gays, bi's and pre- and post-op transgenders. We're all people!

meow for now

the Tigress

PS: acid, I hope things settle down for you. I had my Father freak out on me once, for (of all things) getting into Role Playing!! He gave me a big speech about how it's a cult, and they're out-of-touch with reality, and they think magic is real, and cast spells etc etc etc. I told him that it's just a game, and that we don't sacrifice babies on the full moon. I did that last part just to show him how ridiculous he was being and he said--get this--"Not yet!"

However, I've been with the same RP group for over five years now. My solution? I didn't tell him what I was doing!
Fallen Angel
[COLOR=purple]Hey, I'm new to this forum put this one attracted my attention. I think it's unbeleivably unfair, but it's not like that will make a difference. dry.gif .I'm bi myself and telling my parents was easy. My bestfriend was at my house for 3 years straight and then i started to date her. I told my mum and grandmother instantly and they don't care.
I agree fully with what alot of people on here have said that "if your father doesnt recognize you as who you are, you shouldnt recognize him as a father".nobody deserves to be treated the way you are right now. it is a glorous thing to be bi.. and ststistics show that over 50% of homophobes are gay/bi thrmselves but terrified to admitt it.( o apologize for my bad spelling, it is difficult to type while eating). i love goin to the lgbt centre in my city (lgbt-lesbian/gay/bi/trans)it has the nicest pub and always really nice and friendly people... is you could convince someone to get him to one of those places he might open up his mind. i really do sympathize with you. *hugz* smile.gif
Faerieryn
Hey acid, I'm sorry to see that things still haven't improved for you. *Big hugs*. AT least one thing is good for you though- the amount of friends that you have here from what I have seen in this thread. If your dad does take your internet away from you can you use a public access like at school for instance. If you actually talked to your councillors or a friendly teacher they might be able to set it up for you so you don't loose the support that you have here. And if all else fails I would be quite happy to write to you via snail mail if you EVER need someone to talk to about things and you can't get to an internet computer. IF you need my email or snail mail just PM me when you can and in the meantime more big hugs and good luck
acidteardrop
thanks to everyone for your support, it really help a lot.

@gerb: okay, so i _was_ a little...okay very much so, pissed when I said that. I wouldn't do anything overly stupid and malicious to anyone (excluding maybe myself). Yes, I am seriously f--ked up. working on getting better. anyways, I appreciate the advice. I'm being...what's the word? anyways, it's like I'm not beleiving anyone cares or anything.

QUOTE (EvilSpoon)
I think its your DAD that needs help

more true than you know laugh.gif

QUOTE (sammi)
Anyways, I am completely sympathetic. I may not be able to empathize, but I certainly hope things get better, and as soon as possible. As for suggestions or advice, it sounds like you and your dad had a pretty good relationship before you came out. This actually happened to one of my friends IRL, and what she wound up doing was sitting down calmly with both of her parents and talking to them, without being previously upset (like the whole camera incident seemed minus the tears etc. that happened a while back...?) and explained to them that she didn't want to see their relationships dissolve and become tense or damaged in any way. She laid out her arguements carefully, and told her parents that her decision of what her orientation is was purely up to her, and that she wouldn't be shifting. She explained that it wasn't simply "experimenting" for the sake of exploring her sexuality, but rather something that she felt and wasn't going to change any time soon. You might even add, in a conversation be it something like this or another, that just because you're bisexual doesn't make you any different of a person, and that you wanted to include them so that they could understand you as their son even better than they would have if you hadn't told them. Your orientation does influence who you are, even if they're not happy with it. Also, do try to understand where your parents are coming from, particularly your dad. Give him some time - they've just had a door opened that they didn't think existed at all. I know it sounds utterly outrageous considering the things he's done, and I myself would be furious, but tolerance and understanding can solve a lot. I don't know if that helped whatsoever, but I hope it did.

I tried the calm talk. Is it a good sign if he calls me a "f-g" and leaves the room? (no joke, he did) mad.gif

QUOTE (pie fairy)
if it was me kidnapping them, and bringing them to my funky retro house (that i will have once i have my own) for as long as they wanted, they would be happy!!

i'd hope  otherwise they could redesign it with me

of course it would be happy[er] than here.

and I'm sure it is already retroed out enough laugh.gif

QUOTE (SPS)
this thread has floated for such a long time.....odd

cos the problem gets steadily worse

QUOTE (Wes the too damned smart person)
Well, It really is very sad that you're having to deal with people that don't understand these things and the only way to deal with you is to ask you the impossible and make outlandish prohibitions.

It seems your father would dissapprove of anything sexual, regardless of your sexual orientation at your age. So, the "bi" part wasn't too much of a relief to him.

Not to defend him, and I am unclear on how things came to be the way they are in your life, but sometimes being a parent can really be hard. Especially if they're trying to raise a kid on their own.

Is there a senior family member anywhere that understands you? You may even consider moving out and make them your legal gaurdians instead of your dad.

Not the BEST advice, but considering the mental and physical anguish you're going through. It's something to consider. All legal like, of course.

School, well, kids are cruel to a fault. You will find bully's are everwhere. If it's not something about your sexuality, it's the way you look. Or the way you dress, or whatever. No real news there. Changing schools? Not a real solution. Just hang in there! There is no real or easy solution to your problems. Just ways of avoiding something more terrible, I suppose.

Here, your're welcome the way you are. You won't be judged and you can talk about almost anyting. Within the bounderies of good taste of course. Heck you don't even have to wear anything to be here. Aren't we all great for each other?

curse you! stop being so damned smart! dry.gif tongue.gif

I would try the family member thing, but there is a problem to that. One of my grandfathers lives in Hoppy, NH, the place where my pain began. It's 10 minutes away from him, and that is too f--king close. Plus, it would only be worse there, because I would extremely rarely have access to matazone. That I can't deal with.
and I must have hit the jackpot of bully skools! not a ONE likes me!

QUOTE (northerntigress)
PS: acid, I hope things settle down for you. I had my Father freak out on me once, for (of all things) getting into Role Playing!! He gave me a big speech about how it's a cult, and they're out-of-touch with reality, and they think magic is real, and cast spells etc etc etc. I told him that it's just a game, and that we don't sacrifice babies on the full moon. I did that last part just to show him how ridiculous he was being and he said--get this--"Not yet!"

I got that one from my mother. I still roleplay, or I would, given the opportunity. I do online RPing. as much as I can. I prefer tabletop, however.

QUOTE (fallen angel)
Hey, I'm new to this forum put this one attracted my attention. I think it's unbeleivably unfair, but it's not like that will make a difference.  .I'm bi myself and telling my parents was easy. My bestfriend was at my house for 3 years straight and then i started to date her. I told my mum and grandmother instantly and they don't care.
I agree fully with what alot of people on here have said that "if your father doesnt recognize you as who you are, you shouldnt recognize him as a father".nobody deserves to be treated the way you are right now. it is a glorous thing to be bi.. and ststistics show that over 50% of homophobes are gay/bi thrmselves but terrified to admitt it.( o apologize for my bad spelling, it is difficult to type while eating). i love goin to the lgbt centre in my city (lgbt-lesbian/gay/bi/trans)it has the nicest pub and always really nice and friendly people... is you could convince someone to get him to one of those places he might open up his mind. i really do sympathize with you. *hugz* 

welcome to the forums. i'd say it's a little less than 50%, but it's an otherwise accurate statement. I live in a suburban area, with no cities nearby, so there is no lgbt area. and any way, I doubt I'd be accepted there either, plus he wouldn't let me go, hence the "total restriction". not anywhere outside the house without him. I am not allowed RL friends (not that I could make any anyways), etc. etc.

QUOTE (faerieryn)
Hey acid, I'm sorry to see that things still haven't improved for you. *Big hugs*. AT least one thing is good for you though- the amount of friends that you have here from what I have seen in this thread. If your dad does take your internet away from you can you use a public access like at school for instance. If you actually talked to your councillors or a friendly teacher they might be able to set it up for you so you don't loose the support that you have here. And if all else fails I would be quite happy to write to you via snail mail if you EVER need someone to talk to about things and you can't get to an internet computer. IF you need my email or snail mail just PM me when you can and in the meantime more big hugs and good luck

thanky smile.gif good advice. He is going to cut my internet for a quarter of the skoolyear because of my grades. I'll try and have that arranged.
Faerieryn
Good luck acid
Dreams On Hiatus
I'm sorry *hugs* sad.gif

*doesn't know what to say* unsure.gif

stupid adults. they think they know whats best when sometimes they just make things worse... sad.gif

I think we're all aware of what your point is here without stereotyping and blaming all adults for one instance of injustice... please be more careful about your word choices. - Mod MissyA
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.