Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mr Snaffleburger And The Pixie
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > About the animations
Mata
Yep, the new animation is online on the frontpage

http://www.matazone.co.uk/theotherside.html

Two weeks has flown past hasn't it?
sjwt
WOOT!!

indeed it has..

Im guessing im in a minority hear,
but i think that supassed the conuslers encounter..

mmmmmm brains....
Kafeen
There should be a spin off series for Evil Pixie.
iamtootiredyyyy
Hooray
iamtootiredyyyy
YAY Mr SB! I preffered the Councellers encounter tho, when will there be a new mittens animation?
Mata
New Mittens? I don't know, there's no pleasing some people is there? wink.gif

iamtootiredyyyy, could you take down the font size in your signature please, it's a bit intrusive. Cheers.

For anyone who's interested here's what I plan to do next: An Easter animation. Okay, so it won't be out in time for Easter but there you go. Then a new LGG animation, then I may get around to making a new Samuri Lapin (depends what's going on in my life at that point).
Sir Psycho Sexy
that was actually quite disturbing....cool!! mr snaffleburger cannot be controled!!
Sir Psycho Sexy
just out of curiosity are there any plans for us to see the rest of mr snaffleburger's family??
NoName4444
Awwww, poor Mr. SB!!! I say we lead a revolt against the corporation for Mr. SB crulity. :/
Kafeen
QUOTE (Mata @ Apr 10 2003, 01:05 PM)
For anyone who's interested here's what I plan to do next: An Easter animation. Okay, so it won't be out in time for Easter but there you go. Then a new LGG animation, then I may get around to making a new Samuri Lapin (depends what's going on in my life at that point).

Hmm, Fluffykin the easter bunny?
Lapin the easter bunny?
iamtootiredyyyy
QUOTE (Mata @ Apr 10 2003, 02:05 PM)
New Mittens? I don't know, there's no pleasing some people is there? wink.gif

iamtootiredyyyy, could you take down the font size in your signature please, it's a bit intrusive. Cheers.

sorry Mata! sad.gif

Sounds good- LGG is my fav.
I opened a new bank account and I got my solo card working today so I can buy T shirts! biggrin.gif
MistressAlti
I'm gonna have nightmares about this one. It struck a chord with me.
Sir Psycho Sexy
thank god, i'm not the only one who was mentally scared....ok slightly disturbed....still the terminator reference was tres good
iamtootiredyyyy
grrr paypal is annoying, I have to wait for my next statement thingy until I can finish my registration sad.gif
gerbilfromhell
OMG OMG OMG! THAT WAS SOOOO SCHWAY!. good job i'm glad mr sb revolted that was definitelly the best yet biggrin.gif
Spacehappy
Good to see snaffleburger keeping up the fight, great work mata the terminator bit was smooth ......also loved the intro to the episode smile.gif
Sun Tsu
That was excellent! smile.gif You sounded quite angry at some points Mata, good voice acting laugh.gif . I guess this is an advance in mr.sb plot, cause now he knows he has some power left. Yay!

Sun Tsu

P.S: The dribble was a nice touch...
Debaser
that was disturbing. very VERY disturbing.

i reckon it's probably the best yet...
SuperKathoid
helllsss yeaah...

nice work mata
craziness
wow
that was actually pretty depressing
wow its kinda scary that its mr sb and its remotely serious.........
ravein
very nice mata, very valid points... I hope the clones learn something... good work smile.gif
prezgfish
from a big fan of mr snaffleburger there are many popints i could make aboult the anim but instead i'll stay reserved and just say that it is undoubtably the best yet and that in the past 3 anims (LGG-zuriel mittens-atlantis) we have seen an evolution in mata's style as an animator
Mata
Thanks everyone.

I'm glad that people think my style is evolving. Due to the deal with MTV2 I've had more time to put into making the animations and so the quality has risen in a corresponding way. Of course, the trick is to keep it here and advance further!

Will we see the rest of Mr Sb's family? Perhaps, I've not made my mind up about that one yet, but I have been considering it.

The Easter animation (which like I say will be a few days late for Easter) isn't going to use any established characters, it's a stand-alone piece.

The intro: The current state of affairs where people call you a terrorist if you question the motivations and policies of the government (more so in the US than the UK but it does happen here too) has annoyed me greatly. I consider free speech and freedom of expression as one of the primary signifiers of a democratic society. You cannot shout someone down and say you are defending democracy, that's just hypocritical.

This does mean that sometimes you have to listen to facist wankers, but their excercising of their right to free speech just means that we learn how much further society has to go in educating people about equality and some of the darker parts of our history (every nation has moments it wishes to forget, I'm not just talking about the German neofacists here, we all have to face up to and learn from, not deny, the things that our society once condoned).
gerbilfromhell
try and ignore ppl who just call you a communist/terrorist/tree hugger/dumbass if you don't support the war. they've got their opinions, and nothin anyone says is gonna change their minds. it's sad, actually, that bush has no idea (or he doens't care) not only what this will do to foreign relations, but also to the country itself. the last time the country got really divided like this (well, the last time was vietnam but the time before that), we ended up having a civil war (tho this time there isn't a set line dividing the 2 factions, but we're still just as divided as we were then). both sides thought they were right, and no one would listen to anyone from the other side. i really doubt that anythin even CLOSE to that will happen again but nothin good is goin to come outa this war
Raven343
Uber schway Mata...........I loved it! laugh.gif
Sun Tsu
gerbil and Mata are right. You should never be afraid to be different.

Sun Tsu
iamtootiredyyyy
I agree (with the being different thing and that Matas style is evolving)
The latest mittens and little goth girl animations have been my favourite, and I liked Mr Snaffleburger and the pixie, its great he's puttin up a fight!
Im anti war and I find it annoying how people just ignore my opinions like they dont count and are convinced they are right and I'm wrong. My friend started to make an anti war banner and it got ripped up, some people can be real idiots sometimes.
leopold
Crikey... corporate mind control gets to logos too??

This was really disturbing stuff Mata. REALLY disturbing... and all too true...
saucy_tara
That was fantastic Mata, and very disturbing. There are too many puppets in this world who have their strings pulled by corporate w*****s and poor Mr Snaffleburger is a horrible reminder of this fact. CRUSH THE CORPORATE SYSTEM!!!!!!!Very thought provoking, and your evolution as an incredible animator with a relevant and worthy political stance is plainly growing with each animation. Love it!!!!!!!
prezgfish
QUOTE (Mata @ Apr 11 2003, 10:09 AM)
Thanks everyone.

I'm glad that people think my style is evolving. Due to the deal with MTV2 I've had more time to put into making the animations and so the quality has risen in a corresponding way. Of course, the trick is to keep it here and advance further!

Will we see the rest of Mr Sb's family? Perhaps, I've not made my mind up about that one yet, but I have been considering it.

The Easter animation (which like I say will be a few days late for Easter) isn't going to use any established characters, it's a stand-alone piece.

The intro: The current state of affairs where people call you a terrorist if you question the motivations and policies of the government (more so in the US than the UK but it does happen here too) has annoyed me greatly. I consider free speech and freedom of expression as one of the primary signifiers of a democratic society. You cannot shout someone down and say you are defending democracy, that's just hypocritical.

This does mean that sometimes you have to listen to facist wankers, but their excercising of their right to free speech just means that we learn how much further society has to go in educating people about equality and some of the darker parts of our history (every nation has moments it wishes to forget, I'm not just talking about the German neofacists here, we all have to face up to and learn from, not deny, the things that our society once condoned).

went to see rollins last night man that guy gives one hell of a lecture against bigots/politicians and over pointless people in society havent laughed so hard for so long in ages
saucy_tara
Ah yeah, Henry Rollins is uber cool, I have one of his stand up comedy videos and it is soooo funny laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
Tarantio
yes he is angry, but the bastard made hate machina and prez turn up at my place at one in the moring afta the dam show.
goddamn it i was gonna go to sleeeeeeeeeep!

ah well.
oh yeh, the ani was absolutely fandabbydozy mata.
keep it up and uve definitely got this pleb's respecta

WHICH ISNT MUCH COMING FROM A GUY WHO SEZ FANDABBYDOZY...
diceisdice
"Today Mister Snaffleburger has electrodes implanted in his brain, don't you, Mister Snaffleburger?"

O_O

wow! MS is one of my favourites because of the points you raise about giving up control to corporations and governments. This was very excellent!
Free Psycho
I loved the new one-it has definatly definatly evolved greatly. To the point where you even scared me. I almost cried when I saw Mr. SB. It was seriously a disturbing animation. But I liked it. And I can't wait to see your Easter animations!! My favorite independent animation was the one you did last Easter, even though the new one isn't going to like the last one, I'm just saying. Good job. <pats Mata on the head> blink.gif biggrin.gif dry.gif
Birdy
Really creepy, but I liked it. I think my lack of artisticness in my lack of signature and lack of picture and lack of prettiness is too unobrusive, yes? I think so. Oh well.

~Robin~
prezgfish
QUOTE (Birdy @ Apr 13 2003, 05:45 AM)
Really creepy, but I liked it. I think my lack of artisticness in my lack of signature and lack of picture and lack of prettiness is too unobrusive, yes? I think so. Oh well.

~Robin~

as is life
Anthony
This is by far my favorite animation.

The immage of the pixie attacking the corporate tyrants is one memory I will never forget.

The only thing I hate about the US government is that is lacks checks and balances on money and power.

Anyway, Love your work mata, keep it up tongue.gif
SilverStormDragon
I love Mr SB....and it's about time the corporation got attacked by a maniacl pixie. *sigh* Just like real life. ^.^

~Sylvi
Mata
It's all documentary footage you know.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.