Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Urgent - Please Read
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
WeeJ
there's no one in town i know
you gave us someplace to go
i never said thank you for that
thought i might get one more chance

what would you think of me now?
so lucky
so strong
so proud
never said thank you for that
now i'll never have a chance

if you were with me tonight
i'd sing to you just one more time
a song for a heart so big god wouldn't let it live

may angels lead you in
hear you me my friends
on sleepless roads the sleepless go
may angels lead you in

sad.gif
oobunnie
Well I've tried to come up with something that sounds nice, but I'm just really not good at this sort of thing.
And I'm really not sure if I have the right to post anything anyway. I didnt know debs near aswell as most of you but he seemed like a very nice chap.
My condolences to all his friends and family.

Like I said I just really dont know what to say sad.gif

On Monday me and friends are going to go plant a sapling in his memory, as is the Canadian the way. I feel bad that its all I can do.

I feel terrible for not being able to express myself properly, but maybe when I come up with something thats proper I'll post it then.
Mata
QUOTE (oobunnie @ Nov 27 2003, 08:43 PM)
I feel terrible for not being able to express myself properly, but maybe when I come up with something thats proper I'll post it then.

We're all dealing with this the best we can and in our own ways. Don't feel like you have to say anything, that you have feelings is enough for any of us to be coping with at the moment.

I'm feeling more positive. Yesterday I cried for a few hours, but today I'm doing better at focusing on how much fun the guy was and just enjoying the memories.

As I've said in other places, I think we've got to remember that Dayan never liked to see anyone unhappy, so while we mourn we must also know that the time of mourning will be balanced eventually with the happy memories we have, tinged by the regret that we won't be able to make any more with him.
WeeJ
QUOTE (Mata @ Nov 28 2003, 02:27 AM)
we must also know that the time of mourning will be balanced eventually with the happy memories we have, tinged by the regret that we won't be able to make any more with him.

Meeting up in February isn't going to be the same. There's going to be a great sense of loss.

Maybe we could do something for Dayan then, something symbolic like people have suggested for those of us who can't physically get to London on Monday?
leopold
QUOTE (WeeJ @ Nov 28 2003, 08:01 AM)
Meeting up in February isn't going to be the same. There's going to be a great sense of loss.

Very true...

But I suggest we make the meet a blast in his honour. He'd not have wanted us to mope about and wonder what would have been, he'd rather we had a major kick-ass party and raise the odd glass to him.

So I think we should think of suitably Dayan-esque stuff to do for the meet.

But no evil bread. Please!
porcelainwarrior
QUOTE (leopold @ Nov 28 2003, 09:43 AM)
So I think we should think of suitably Dayan-esque stuff to do for the meet.

But no evil bread. Please!

how about rubber ducks and pvc? tongue.gif
Phyllis
QUOTE (leopold @ Nov 28 2003, 01:43 AM)
But no evil bread.  Please!

I really did consider making PURE evil bread, like he always talked about.

But then I have no one to feed it to, so I started thinking that'd be a bad idea, cause I'd probably be tempted to eat it like he had..lol.

But...yeah. I agree that you all should do something suitably Dayan-esque at the meet and have as much fun as you can. He'd want it that way. We'll do the same at the West Coast meet...though neither will be the same without him there. I was going to bring all of the Pixies CDs that I burned to show him I'd been a good little music prodigy. I also got a shirt awhile ago that I wanted to show him. I can't mention what it says on here (tis naughty!) but he'd have loved it.

*Edit* Oh lord, Porce! No rubber duckies! At least...don't do what he did with it... O_O

Though that would make for some interesting pics. As would the PVC...
Pixelgoth
At the meet, I vote that someone puts another glass eye in WeeJ's drink and also swears blind they are not going to be sick but then vomits over the nearest person laugh.gif

Dayan will be laughing at and with us wherever he is!

Did we decide on a date yet? 7th or 21st Feb?
WeeJ
I'm prety much easy as long as we plan to meet on a Saturday.

And I'll gladly have another glass eye in my drink. And I promise to actually notice this time tongue.gif
redcoat_english
Hi all.

I was one of Dayan's oldest friends - I knew him for 13 years. He was my only "local" friend, and the only one I could be totally honest and open with no matter what. I could always spontaneously "pop round" and see him. I came here because I knew he was a star on these forums, and I wanted to find someone to talk to.

The news came to me when I was away on an Army training base from his mother. It was shock and disbelief. I still can't believe the words "he is not with us" are true. It was only a few weeks ago I was sitting on his roof one night having a right old laugh. We promised there and then we should be lifelong buddies, able to count on each other, always ready to be there.

I will be at the funeral on Monday. If anyone sees me about please come and talk with me as I feel a link from my childhood has been cut - something I will never be able to hold again. Dayan was a great guy and I will always remember him.

Dayan, you being the great guy you are I'm sure you're somewhere absolutely fantastic now, enjoying yourself at that big holiday resort in the sky. I'll see you again one day.

Andrew Payne
MistressAlti
Thank you for coming here and sharing with us, Andrew.
Pikasyuu
Also appreciated.
reaper
Hello everyone.
I asked Rebecca to post this for me since
I am unable to do so in person. When I heard of the great lose of
debaser I was sad, not just because of the lose of a great man but
also because of the fact that I never really got a chance to know
him as well as some of you. This makes me wish I could have spent
more time talking to no doubt an awsome person. I know that this
is very difficult for all of you especailly for the ones who were
closest to him. I only wish that I could offer more comfort. I know
that you are all strong people, and you will eventually find the
strength to move on. He was many things to many people and as I have
said before I only wish I got to know him better. Taken from us far
to soon

Rest in peace Debaser

Sincerely,
Jonathan McBride (reaper)

P.S
I love you all and miss you. Please stay strong.
Nomad
Although I did not know him, it is a sad time when someone takes their life. Not only because of the sadness felt by those close to him, but sad because when someone is in such a state to take their own life, it must have been a place darker than darkness itself.
At least we can be sure that his sadness has ended. Let us learn from this, and talk to those around us who are down.. perhaps we might save a life.
My deepest regrets.
Rattgirl
*cries*

It's times like this that I feel so bad for not being around more often...
I never got to know Dayan as well as I wanted to...and I wanted to. I really, really wanted to. I was supposed to call him for Christmas. I would be able to finally talk to him, one on one, and get to know him better...

I.....am so sorry...to everyone who knew him well, and to his family, and to all of us who loved him; even to those who, like me, didn't know him well and wanted to....: there are only so many ways of saying that you're sorry something has happened..and even though I've never spoken to him voice to voice, or seen him face to face..I still wish there was something I could have done. He was loved and respected by those here..even those who didn't get along with him...for being an honest, caring, extraordinary person. There just don't seem to be people like him around in the world very often anymore...

I can't even write. I can't believe I didn't know about this...I feel so bad.
JackSkellington
"Hi, my name is JackSkellington and I just said a horrible, horrible thing about the most beautiful person in the entire world. I am an a--hole and I deserve to be kicked off these boards. I hope that I eat s--t and die. "

Just thought I'd summarize your post, make it nice and concise for everyone.

Crapfully yours,

Missy, The Mod Who Just Abused Her Power In Dayan's Good Name
kidvicious2punk
that is so horrible.i cANT believe you posted that....

this is ...errr!!!...not right..

omg...

low. dry.gif
Phyllis
QUOTE (JackSkellington @ Nov 29 2003, 07:16 PM)
[sorry, I'm note letting that post exist even in quotes - Mata]

SHUT UP NOW.

You didn't even KNOW him. You have NO DAMN CLUE what you are talking about.

JUST GO AWAY.

I'm too angry right now to come up with anything more than this. Just leave us to our grief. You have no place here.
Sun Tsu
QUOTE (JackSkellington @ Nov 30 2003, 03:16 AM)
[sorry, I'm note letting that post exist even in quotes - Mata]

If he was attention seeking, then why did'nt he tell us all and drain us of sympathy before doing it?

And as for that bi remark, you can f--k off with your homophobic bullshit. mad.gif
Rattgirl
Guys....

please...I know it's hard to do, but this is the kind of stuff we're trying to avoid right now. I know what Jack posted was rude, uncalled for, and definitely in bad taste, but this isn't the place to deride him on it. Ignoring something like this is usually effective in showing the person who posted it that it's unwelcome.

just had to say that.
Phyllis
QUOTE (Goddess of Wheee @ Nov 29 2003, 07:25 PM)
Guys....

please...I know it's hard to do, but this is the kind of stuff we're trying to avoid right now. I know what Jack posted was rude, uncalled for, and definitely in bad taste, but this isn't the place to deride him on it. Ignoring something like this is usually effective in showing the person who posted it that it's unwelcome.

just had to say that.

You're right...it is hard to ignore.

And you're also right that I should probably have ignored it.

But I know Dayan wouldn't have done so. He'd have yelled at him. Since he can't, I will. Cause Lord knows he deserves it after that.
LoLo
If it makes anyone feel better he's been warned.
Rattgirl
I don't know about everyone else, but it makes me feel better, thank you Lo! smile.gif
Fandangohead676
Give Jack a break, i think its cool he's expressing his own opinion. i do think to bi thing was harsh but besides that give him a break.
Jack remember my mom works at a cemetary there were nine sucides this summer and the ones that left notes pretty much said that it would be better for everyone if they just died
magikeyes14
im speachless.. i cant believe anyone would say that... im not sure wether to scream and rant.. or to just fu*king dismiss your ignorance... im not sure... sorry random question, if you were at a funeral for someone who committed suacide, would u tell the poepole to stop crying becuase all the perosn wanted was attention.. hell no u wouldnt! they would f**king kill you!!!! sorry over reacied.. shutting up now
Phyllis
QUOTE (Fandangohead676 @ Nov 29 2003, 08:23 PM)
Give Jack a break, i think its cool he's expressing his own opinion. i do think to bi thing was harsh but besides that give him a break.

Expressing one's own opinion has a time and a place.

This is neither.

We are seriously mourning someone who we were all very close to. Dayan has touched all of our lives in one way or another. For someone who does not even know him to come into a thread where his death is being mourned and pass judgement on him is in very bad taste, I think.

Speaking of mourning, can we please get this thread back to its original purpose? None of us are doing Dayan's memory any service by going on like this. If you have an opinion about suicide, start a thread in Issues. This thread is for those who are feeling a great deal of pain right now, and none of us want to see someone insulting the one we have lost. So please, can you just move along? Thank you.
magikeyes14
i agree with Candice.... BACK ON TOPIC!!!!!

erm.. im just going to post this again beucase it came ot my mind and sounded sorta awsome to me

DOnt wait for tomarro to say something to your frends. There is no time like the present Hold onto what u have, and cherish it while u still have it, cuz tomarro.. it could be gone...

^by me.. when i was in an odd mood...

Thankx Dayan, for helping me find myself smile.gif love u
MistressAlti
QUOTE (LoLo @ Nov 29 2003, 09:31 PM)
If it makes anyone feel better he's been warned.

You know what makes me feel better?

The fact that his entire post is gone. I've just edited it. I think it's improved significantly.

In memory of the verbal a**kicking Dayan would have done. This one's for you, partner.
kidvicious2punk
man...

well at least he's been warned..

thats what dayan would have done..

that and probably pummled the living hell out of him.. biggrin.gif

good times..good times..
LoLo
I went to the bar tonight and they had a kickin juke box and it let me play Debaser by the Pixies. Everyone was staring at us cause all my friends were hugging me.

[editted = now sober can type]
monkey_called_narth
my freind Hilary wrote this befor she died... i dont know how well it fits but i thought you guys would like it anyway

if i ever had to leave and go
and didnt have time to let you know
i would leave you a box with four things inside
my love, my trust, my faith, and my pride.
these things would be there to remimber me by
just promise to me that you will not cry
and when i get to where i needed to be
ill send you a letter signed love, me
dont forget me and ill remimber you
know that i love you
and that will always be true

written by: Hilary Wilson Augast 27, 1986- June 17, 2003
WeeJ
Dayan, I got blathered on Friday night and whilst I tottered my way around the pool table, I thought of you. I miss you Dayan. I miss talking to you. I wish you didn't do this. I wish you would have just talked to us.

Sorry.
Mata
I've barred JackS's account for 60 days and if he decides to return after that there had better be a damn good apology coming with it.

Debs would be happy, I've got 'Death to the Pixies' on my Christmas list smile.gif
Theresapartayinmyhead
QUOTE (MistressAlti @ Nov 30 2003, 05:15 AM)
The fact that his entire post is gone. I've just edited it. I think it's improved significantly.

yeah but now its edited... this whole ending is going to make no sence...just a thought
Oni Usagi
QUOTE (Theresapartayinmyhead @ Nov 30 2003, 11:34 PM)
QUOTE (MistressAlti @ Nov 30 2003, 05:15 AM)

yeah but now its edited... this whole ending is going to make no sence...just a thought

I wouldn't worry about that. It happens all the time. *remembers Crissi running naked*
WeeJ
Good luck to everyone today. We're thinking about you.
nordelen
umm. i seriously only saw this just now. i'm completly shocked. i did'nt know Dayan at all, ecept to read his posts. this doesnt bode well for the state of the world if more good people are dying young.umm, i hope this doesnt post doesnt seem cold. this news has just freaked me out.
leopold
Don't worry, nord... that's pretty much now it hit me as well. I still find it a bit hard to comprehend and I've known for almost a week...
Pixelgoth
Likewise! It's a tough one alright. It might get easier with time but never truly feel fair or right sad.gif

I can't get to the funeral or the wake so I've lit a black candle on my desk and I'm listening to The Darkness all day in his memory (I'm sorry I just can't get to like the Pixies....I know Dayan would kick my a** for that!! :LOL).

We played something by The Darkness both nights on the jukebox down the pub and raised several glasses and even got bleary eyed. It was so hard not being able to tell everyone about it sad.gif I don't know some of the group that well and didn't feel like sharing so I just held Ed's hand and cried inside.

I've also got the group picture from the Mata Meet on my desktop to think of us all today.

*cries*

This is so hard. Just waiting to explain why I have a lit candle at work......
WeeJ
You don't have to explain anything to anyone Sam.

Give me a ring tonight if you can.

Be safe
x
the lil' pie fairy
i love the darkness...*goes off to sing in memory for him*
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (WeeJ @ Dec 1 2003, 12:08 PM)
Give me a ring tonight if you can.

Will do smile.gif

Just noticed that my badger bops along in time to "Givin' Up" by The Darkness laugh.gif
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (WeeJ @ Dec 1 2003, 12:08 PM)
You don't have to explain anything to anyone Sam.

Well ya know, I do sometimes smile.gif My colleague, Dean, asked me why the candle and I said it was because it was a friend's funeral today. He was shocked and sad that I'd not said anything. I tried to tell him I was OK and keeping it in and I couldn't. It hurt too much. I just nodded and said I was fine in a strangled voice. He said if I needed time off I could have it. Bit late now sad.gif My fault as I hadn't said anything but I couldn't. I'm kicking myself because I want to be there for Dayan and everyone else and I can't both financially and from a time point of view.

I need a hug. Think I might drive back to Warrington tonight and hold Ed's hand again sad.gif
Phyllis
QUOTE (Pixiegoth @ Dec 1 2003, 05:37 AM)
I need a hug. Think I might drive back to Warrington tonight and hold Ed's hand again sad.gif

I know it's across thousands of miles, but *hugs* smile.gif

It's 6 AM here...I've just woken up. When I did, I started counting on my fingers. 2PM in England. I slept right through the funeral. =/ Well, I was still thinking about everyone today...even in my sleep.
Pikasyuu
I also slept through it, but I dreamed about it.

It was rather comforting, the half-awake half asleep sort that played perfectly right through.

And, both of you. *Hugs loads* :\ Have a good day, alright? Memory plagued day.
MistressAlti
I woke up. For four minutes. And fell back asleep. Way to go, team me. dry.gif

I'm going out to a lake nearby to light and candle, talk to Dayan, pray a bit, and make as much peace as I can. Oh, and eat Pringles.
WeeJ
The pringles are very symbolic Missy biggrin.gif
Sun Tsu
I wish I had some bloody money. dry.gif I was going to drop a single rose into the river, but i'm broke so all I could do was light a candle to Pixies and hope he could hear the things I said.....

Oh, and I also slept through the funeral. rolleyes.gif
MistressAlti
QUOTE (WeeJ @ Dec 1 2003, 09:42 AM)
The pringles are very symbolic Missy biggrin.gif

I thought so. They are the one smile in all of this for me.
Tarantio
Damn it... If i see him in the afterlife I'm gonna get Dace to kick his ass real good for this one. I can't say how bad i feel over this, and i only just found out about it this morning when i checked my e-mails. Amongst this and other things was a pic he mailed me of himself a week before. Now i owe him one of me and i wont get to give him it at all... This has really hit hard, harder than a lot of things in my life and i dont think I'll ever forget this, nor should I. Things sure have been going downhill around me recently, but compared to this I feel insignificant.
Something great, joyous and wonderful has passed from our world, and I mourn our loss. Cya D-Dude, sometime. I'll get ya a ticket to the next Manics concert, i promise.

DACE SALUTES YOU...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.