Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Urgent - Please Read
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (syuu @ Dec 1 2003, 02:04 PM)
And, both of you. *Hugs loads* :\ Have a good day, alright? Memory plagued day.[/SIZE][/font]

*hugs Syuu and Candice*

Ta mates smile.gif Much appreciated. I did drive over to Warrington last night and Dayan must have been looking over me as it was p*ssing down and really foggy and horrid sad.gif I got there in unusually quick time though and I wasn't speeding either! ohmy.gif Thanks D-man smile.gif

I feel a bit better today as I had a little sob last night and Ed held me and told me if was OK. Ya know if that someone special says it's going to be OK you believe them. Only 2 people I know can truly do that, Ed and my Mum. I guess you lot here on the board to but that's a different thing altogether.

I just want to say thanks to everyone who has supported me and if any of you ever need me and I mean ever need anything, please let me know *hugs all*
WeeJ
Sam, you know to call me whenever.
Industrial Kybosh
It's about f@cking time I posted here...

Dayan was a wonderful friend. We bonded over music instantly, and before long found we had numerous other things in common. Even the things we didn't share (my love of ABBA and his of Village People, for example) were still a source of fun for both of us.

It was always a pleasure to see him in chat. His warmth and sharp wit made him a welcome conversational companion - even if our fellow chatters didn't appreciate the nuances of our lengthy 'Aren't Elbow Shite?' discussions.

The news shook me awfully. I had to go to work that morning, and nearly fainted on a couple of occasions. The whole day passed, and I barely remembered a detail of it. Worst of all, other than my girlfriend and one well-meaning co-worker, I had no-one to talk to about it. Even the people I had were no use. They never knew him.

At this point, I must thank WeeJ and Pixie for their phonecalls. It's helped to know that people care.

Dayan once referred to me as his 'rock'. He would turn to me for advice, and I would serve him as best I could. And he'd always thank me for my help, even when it was no help at all.

Always a pleasure. Never a chore.

I just wish I could have helped him one last time.

Later, D.
Pikasyuu
You know what's absolutely touching?

Not only the fact that Dayan's passing has brought several people into closer binds, that's all well and good, but one thing strikes me in particular.

Everyone's attributing their good luck to him. If something particularly beautiful happens or you get to work quicker, I've seen forumites thanking him for it. It's so, so very reassuring to think someone as cherub faced and sweet and positively blissfully wonderful is watching over me, doing little things to make my days without him as easy as possible. And really, it's the most wonderful feeling in the world he's doing it.

I really do love this family.

(Maybe Missy and InKy represented a mom and dad, but Dayan and I were the evil children who ran off behind their backs and did naughty things like make illigitemate children!)
arpeggiodreams
I've been lurking around the forum for a while (this is my first post).

I didn't know Dayan, I won't pretend that I did, but this hit me hard. It didn't really sink in for me until a few minutes ago when I was looking at the memorial website.

I think that it's wonderful that, except for a few people, the forum has been able to band together to support each other. Not many groups are close enough for this.

Goddess Bless,
sarah
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (Industrial Kybosh @ Dec 3 2003, 12:42 AM)
At this point, I must thank WeeJ and Pixie for their phonecalls. It's helped to know that people care.

Hey InKy babe! biggrin.gif You know I'm ALWAYS here when you need me. Don't ever forget that. We miss ya' honey! *hugs*
MistressAlti
QUOTE (syuu @ Dec 3 2003, 12:20 AM)
(Maybe Missy and InKy represented a mom and dad, but Dayan and I were the evil children who ran off behind their backs and did naughty things like make illigitemate children!)

Bah. Don't look at me as if I'm the responsible one. dry.gif
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (MistressAlti @ Dec 3 2003, 02:13 PM)

Well it ain't gonna be Inky that's for sure!!!! laugh.gif
Industrial Kybosh
QUOTE (Pixiegoth @ Dec 3 2003, 02:23 PM)
QUOTE (MistressAlti @ Dec 3 2003, 02:13 PM)

Well it ain't gonna be Inky that's for sure!!!! laugh.gif

Don't make me go upside your head, SLAAAAAAAAAAAAAG!!!

Love you really, Pixie. wink.gif You too, Missy. And syuu. And every last one of you f@ckers.
Tarantio
No responsible member of the family eh?

DACE MUST USURP...
WeeJ
QUOTE (Pixiegoth @ Dec 3 2003, 01:47 PM)
QUOTE (Industrial Kybosh @ Dec 3 2003, 12:42 AM)
At this point, I must thank WeeJ and Pixie for their phonecalls.  It's helped to know that people care.

Hey InKy babe! biggrin.gif You know I'm ALWAYS here when you need me. Don't ever forget that. We miss ya' honey! *hugs*

Ditto Mike. I'm just sorry I had to call you and tell you. I was so worried about you that day. I'm only the end of the dog and bone...but you know that smile.gif
Pikasyuu
QUOTE (MistressAlti @ Dec 4 2003, 02:13 AM)
QUOTE (syuu @ Dec 3 2003, 12:20 AM)

Which is why we were easily able to slip past your mummy daddy radar!

Does #randomtrout bathroom mean anything to you? *Does* it? ^.~
karismaklysm
i'm not sure if this is the best place to post this... but anyway... i know i didn't know dayan like you guys... but the loss effected me... in a strange and painful way... especially through the tears falling down ravein's face...

so i wrote a song about it... well, with ravein's help to make it more personal...

I never knew your name
but just the same you were a dream to me, dream to me
you carried through the pain
you came along and gave yourself away, yourself away

and now i'm heavy with the empty
something lost still is missing
i lie still as you are drifting
over the ocean i hear the pixies
and then it falls, echo over
drifting off the cliffs of dover

and it seems
winter's here its come to take its toll, take its toll
but you were loved
dont understand how you could feel so small, feel so small

and all the reasons turned up empty
and all the play lists stopped mid track
midnight lies and lullabies
lips and eyes painted black
and still i'm chained by your mystery
to the sadness of our history

her tears fall
she'll never know what made him come undone, come undone
the mounting loss
gives passage to a wayward son, wayward son

and now im heavy with the empty
and i lie still as you are drifting
over the ocean i hear the pixies
something lost still is missing
and then it falls.....
The Tortured Soul
wholey shnitzel!!!

if it hadn't have been for the new animation i never would have known about this i've been away for so long!!!

i've been away for too long... i can't think of what to say... my memories of the ppl here have virtually all but gone!!!

but my heart goes out to him now... may he find salvation.
Daedalus
I've been away from these forums for a few months now, and I only just heard the news from Hinsley yesterday. I barely spoke to Dayan while I was here, but I enjoyed reading his posts. Even so, the news shook me quite heavily, even more so when I saw the effect his passing had on the regulars here. My condolances go to his family and all his friends.

I think it's great that one person can be so missed by so many others.

- Dan

PS: Do you think I should change my screen name? I feel guilty that someone once called me "D-Man" on these boards.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.