Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Urgent - Please Read
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Mingtea
Well, after about an hour just staring into space i've regained myself and decided to put some kind of words together.

I was probably not the easiest person on him, but I do hope the talk we had in private resolved any differences we had, I hope whatever crazy place he's in now he's happy if the pain here was too much, He as everybody else was fantastic in there own way one of those people who the world benifited from, I just wish perhaps I got to know him better.

Remember:

Everybody is fantastic in there own way.

All you need is love.

Love is all you need.

Horribly missed but hopeful you are happy with what you are doing now.
werewolf3361
*hugs everyone* I can't believe this..... why Dayan of all people..... it's just not right.... I'm sitting here and I can't stop crying... Dayan was a friend to us all.... and I'll miss him dearly....

I'll prolly post again later... when I can type....

<3 ya always Dayan... wherever ya are now....
Mr Fuzzy
I'll miss you chief.
antagony
I don't know what to say. I just... I wish I could have known him better. I always assumed that I'd be able to. I didn't even know him and I feel so awful. I can't imagine what it must be like for the rest of you.

Sean - I'll try to be here if you need to talk. I don't know if you'll want to, but if you do... sorry, I don't know what else to say. I love you. I guess that doesn't help much, but I do.
CommieBastard
QUOTE (antagony @ Nov 26 2003, 12:56 AM)
Sean - I'll try to be here if you need to talk. I don't know if you'll want to, but if you do... sorry, I don't know what else to say. I love you. I guess that doesn't help much, but I do.

I love you too, Brett[e]. Thank you for caring.
sjbbandgeek
such an event has left me speechless
*orders the 21 gun salute from the Hamastrian army, in honor of The Great Dayan, while the cannons blast, taps is played softly in the distance*
LoLo
I don't know what to say I'm in complete shock. Dayan was one of the best people on these forums as well as all of the people I've met anywhere online or offline. This just can't be real. My god.
SuperKathoid
Oh Man. sad.gif

*group hug*
Fandangohead676
I didnt know him but i just dealt with my friends father committing suicide. omg I feel for his family and friends.
Hyperion
no.
chester
this is going to sound kind of strange because for some reason i always i have trouble expressing how i feel in words. we might not have gotten to know eachother very well, but i read everything he wrote with respect. i always kind of looked up to him. now i wish i had talked to him more or been a little more outgoing and gotten to know him better. im sitting here right now saying how i didnt know while im crying harder than i have in years. im feeling worse than i ever remember feeling. he was my friend. thats not even all that i wanted to say, but its so hard to talk about something that you just dont want to believe. i hate it that you have to feel it too. im so sorry.
Flee
Dayan must have been someone very special. People are paying tribute to him from birmingham to jersey all the way to So Cal. I never met, or even heard of the guy until now, when everyone he had ever touched began mourning his loss. In fact he was loved so much that I, a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend heard about it through such a sympathetic and grieved person that I was drawn to give my respects. He was cared for so much that 5 levels of seperation away people mourn for him. Researchers have shown that in 5 levels anyone in the US, has been able to get a message to anyone else, selected at random. In 6 anyone in the world. The world mourns for Dayan and those that loved him.

Rest in peace Dayan.
antagony
All the way to Singapore, too. Even though I didn't know him well, I'll miss him. I wish I could have known him better. He'll never be forgotten.
WeeJ
I hope he's found what he's looking for. I hope he's safe. I hope he's happy now sad.gif
Pab
oh debs. i love you. but you've made me angry now
oxym0ronical
I didn't know Dayan the way most of you did. I wasn't around as much as I probably should have been, and I didn't get to experience everything you did. But, I will sorely miss him and his antics on IRC. He was a shining presence.. everything he touched seemed to come to life in a new way. My thoughts are with every single one of you, and especially with his family..

May you find the peace you desperately seeked..
leopold
Dayan, mate - you had your whole life ahead of ya. Why did you do this??

*sigh*

When Porce told me about this, I was in the loudest, busiest office in the entire world, all of them were looking at me go white when she told me the news... I keep thinking I'm gonna wake up in a minute and discover it's all a bad dream...

I'm gonna miss ya, Dayan. Nobody shakes a fist like you do!

talking to faeries
I hardly knew him, but he will be missed. I read almost all of his posts with interest, I only wish I had gotten to know him better. My thoughts go out to all of his friends and family. I'm so sorry.

Dayan, I hope you find comfot and peace wherever you are.
Sarah x
porcelainwarrior
QUOTE (leopold @ Nov 26 2003, 10:19 AM)
Dayan, mate - you had your whole life ahead of ya. Why did you do this??

*sigh*

When Porce told me about this, I was in the loudest, busiest office in the entire world, all of them were looking at me go white when she told me the news... I keep thinking I'm gonna wake up in a minute and discover it's all a bad dream...

I'm gonna miss ya, Dayan. Nobody shakes a fist like you do!

im so sorry i told you the way i did leo, i didnt know what to do, who to call, i guess i was just too shocked. thankyou so much for talking to me...i really needed to say it, try and make it seem real.

thankyou *uber-hugs*
leopold
QUOTE (porcelainwarrior @ Nov 26 2003, 10:29 AM)
im so sorry i told you the way i did leo, i didnt know what to do, who to call, i guess i was just too shocked. thankyou so much for talking to me...i really needed to say it, try and make it seem real.

thankyou *uber-hugs*

Don't worry about it, sweetie. You needed to call someone, and I'm glad I could be there for you.

**UberHugs**
Mata
Sorry I didn't post about this sooner everyone. I posted a message to the mods and then the NTL internet access for the whole country went down. Talk about bad timing.

I keep on breaking down in tears today. I'm really a mess.

I look at everyone on this forum as my family. I'm so proud of everyone here just for being who you all are...

Last year I lost two members of my real family, they were both over 90 and had lived long and loved lives. It's fair to say that the grief I am feeling now is on such a different scale to what I felt then that it doesn't compare.

I think Sues (my gf) really put her finger on the mark when I told her; she said 'If only he could have held on a few more years.'

If he could have lived longer maybe he would have seen things that would have called him back from wherever he was going in the last few minutes. He was just so young. Given time I'm sure he could have worked it out but life must have become too much for him.

I think writing this has helped. For the first time in an hour I've stopped crying. A family member has gone. I know he wouldn't want us to be sad about this, that wasn't in his nature, but once we get past the shock we have to keep going and try and be happy for his sake. Remember him and be happy for the time we all had together.
Alanity
Mata, when Sean sent me the link to this thread you were one of the first things I thought about (after his family and friends and suchlike), everyone knows how much this site means to you and it must be so hard to lose one of the most recognised and loved people on here. My thoughts are with everyone who was close to him in any way, I'm not very close to him or this community but I had so much respect for him.. He was a wonderful person and you're blessed to have had him as a member and as part of your family.

Christ, I never thought I'd be capable of crying over something like this, friendships don't get much more abstract than just being over the internet and I'm not the most compassionate person in the world but I really don't know what to feel at the moment.
Mata
QUOTE (Alanity @ Nov 26 2003, 01:20 PM)
He was a wonderful person and you're blessed to have had him as a member and as part of your family.

You're damn right, I feel very lucky to have known him for the time I did.

Thanks for thinking of me but there are people on here that I'm sure feel even worse than I do.
Pab
I've been through this sort of thing before, I suppose, and I am older than most on here ... And the one feeling that is going to be common to most people is this one:

... but I really don't know what to feel at the moment

This, I am sure, is one of the harder things to work out. And I'm saying so here, cos, like I said, I've been there before, and I STILL don't really know what I'm feeling. Too many emotions. Dunno if I can, but I'd recommend taking all the time needed to sort these feelings out first. Lots of questions. Very few answers. Too many emotions.
Mata
I've ordered a big bunch of 50 fresias on behalf of the forums to be delivered to the funeral directors' on Monday with a note saying how sad we are about this and that we wish his family our condolences.

If anyone wants to send an individual bouquets then contact Sean (CommieBastard) by PM for the details.
evilsecret
Im so sorry. Thats all i can say. I harldy knew him at all. but i know porce did. and porce hun, i love you and im sorry i couldnt have been here for you about this before. if you need me at all.please.........im here .............. im so shocked. i know how much he meant to you.............i cant believe this happened. my heart goes out to you all. i know theres nothing i can say to help anybody... but porce please talk to me if you want to. i love you baby, you know i do.....
Hyperion
I wish he could see how much we cared about him.

Thank you, Mata. *hugs*

I can't go to the funeral, but I'll be crying with everyone there.
saucy_tara
I'm so shocked by Dayan's early passing, My thoughts go out to his parents who must be going through all manner of questions right now. I hope he has finally found the peace in death that he could not acheive in life. Miss ya bud.....xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
phoenix
i love you dayan, i'll miss our "..." wars in irc and having our convos on stellarstar* and how you were going to prod me with the cattle prod. you were one of the best people i knew, and i looked forward to meeting you in cali. you will always be in my thoughts and in my heart.

to everyone else, i want to say how greatful i am to be part of this family, we lost one of ours, probably one of the greatest, but that we have come together and we are here for each other, its truely something that i am proud to be a part of. i love you all, in someway or form you have touched my heart, and made me feel accepted in the world. i will miss dayan, iwish he could have seen how many people loved him. no time like the present to let the ones you love how much you do love them, and what they mean to you.
ravein
well I have to say that today is no easier than yesterday... but I got to talk to missy last night so I feel a bit better... but something we talked about still sits strong with me... this whole thing makes no sense and it is a tragedy.... but I really feel that the biggest honor we can give to Dayans memory is to do what we have been doing.. remembering him... and learning from all those little gifts he gave us. He was a great guy with much promise... he will leave a void in this world. It is our job to fill it with his memories.
I am not going to be here as much over the next two weeks, due to changing jobs and the death of my home computer. if anyone hears anything or needs to talk.. Missy has my cell # and karismaklysm see each other daily... I love you all..
Anubis
i wish i know hin better
The.Wheezing.Ghost
My God, I wish I had known him better too. I don't know what to say....
SuperKathoid
I still don't really know what to say. I'm still in shock.

Debs was always someone I looked up to. I know alot of people have said that already, but I'm sure we all feel that way. He was a great guy, and he will be greatly missed. He was an important part of our family. He was our crazy brother who did crazy things, and we all loved him and loved him for his craziness.

I really pray that he is in a better, safer, and happier place now. I hope so much that he is ok, where ever he is now.

But we can all learn from this. I'm sure Debs never realized how many people around the world cared about him. I'm sure he never realized that what he did would cause tears to many people in many countries all around the globe. He did matter so much to us, and we will hold his memory in our hearts forever.

We have to realize that we are each so important to our friends, and our family; and also to our families that we create else where, in chatrooms and on message forums and everywhere else we go. We each have our own special gifts and talents, and none of that ever goes unnoticed. No matter how bad things are, we will always have a family to come to.

I hope that now we have all experienced this tragedy, and remember it for days and weeks and months to come, that we will realize how much we matter to each other. I hope that if anyone ever in the future needs a helping hand, or a sholder to cry on, or just a hug, that they know where they can find it. I know that I love everyone on these forums. I care about each and everyone one of you. I will always be here for every last one of you on here. I love you all.

These forums have had many stand out members, and Debaser was definetly one of them. And I definetly feel honored to have known him.

In Loving Memory Of Our Dear Brother Debaser. We Love You. We Miss You. And We Hope All Is Well.

-SuperKathoid-
Polocrunch
Sean, I just want to say I'm really sorry about how I behaved before. I'm no good at handling such situations, and I hope you can find it within you to forgive me (and my poor semantics). Please don't talk to me until you feel ready for stupidity and ineptitude again. Sorry once more for my sheer, unadulterated idiocy.
SteelWingedCherub
I never really got to Dayan he seemed to be a great guy and iv seen how much you all loved him my thoughts are with you, and I offer all of my condolences to his family to whom it must have been a great shock, I hope he is in peace now.
Jonman
It's taken me the best part of a day to shepherd my thoughts into some semblance of order. I didn't know Debs anywhere near as well as a lot of forumites, but he always struck me a smart funny guy with a lot to offer the forum and the world. The shock of hearing about _that_ happening to such a vibrant person has been, and will remain, jarring to say the least.

I'd like to add my sincere and deepest condolences for his family and close friends.
Queenie
OMG... part of me doesn't actually want to believe what i'm reading. I'm going to miss him... it's going to be weird without him.
WeeJ
Just wanted to let people know that I've been in touch with InKy.
He's upset, as we all are but I've nagged him into making sure he calls every now and then. I'm sure his thoughts are with Dayan, his family, friends and all of us here on the boards. Come home soon InKy, we miss you.
Pikasyuu
I've finally found out what I'd like to try and send on my behalf to Dayan's memorial.

Unfortunately, it's extremely tricky.

If anyone finds a quick way to get in direct touch with Kim Deal before monday, please PM me.
Faerieryn
I didn't know debaser well but what I did know I liked. Love to all who loved him and my deepest sympathy.

I hope that wherever he is he is happy
LoLo
I posted this in the family album thread, but I wish to post it again here. I will be building a page in loving memory of Dayan and would appreciate any kind words or memories that anyone would like to share for the page. I wish there was more that I could do and this just seems like something small that I can do to help show how much Dayan meant to everyone here.
Hyperion
I'm cutting some songs to make a mix for him. It's not really the music he always talked about, but it's what I've got.

"My sweet prince... you are the one."
MoonlightSavingsTime
I can't really say anything that hasn't already been said... I never really interacted with him, but I still feel like I know him so well. Based on all the pictures that people have posted of him, and the stories people told about the Mata meet, and reading all his posts on the forums, whether it was about depressing stuff, or the glass eye, or the pixies... I feel like I knew him so well. He was definitely an integral part of these forums and will be missed. My sympathies go out to everyone else who knew him better than I did. I can't imagine how you must be feeling right now.
leopold
QUOTE (LoLo @ Nov 27 2003, 12:47 AM)
I posted this in the family album thread, but I wish to post it again here. I will be building a page in loving memory of Dayan and would appreciate any kind words or memories that anyone would like to share for the page. I wish there was more that I could do and this just seems like something small that I can do to help show how much Dayan meant to everyone here.

That's a really great idea, lo... I wanted to do summat like that myself but I'm not in any position to do it right now (puter in boxes, no Internet at home blah blah...)

I think if you bash through the memories thread, there's plenty of stuff in there, unless people wanna put in other things as well. It'll be a start at least.

You need anyone to bounce ideas off, please let me know and I'll help all I can.
CovertYawn
D-man: You're gonna be missed by all.

I remember talking to you about d-fest, we were gonna do it in your backyard and because we couldn't afford real celebrities we were gonna get cardboard cut-outs and just use it as an excuse to play loud music.

I wish there was something more that I could say that would sum up my feelings, but words don't even get half-way there.

Ta Dayan; *Raises glass* that he may be happy where-ever he's gone.
the lil' pie fairy
i've just read this, at school, and had to explain why i looked upset...like everyone has said, he was a brilliant person...i didn't ever get to know him, but i always thought he sounded funny and good to be around...it's really made me sad, and my thoughts are with everyone that knew him well, i know how much they must be hurting *hugs*

i'm sure wherever he is now, he'd be able to see this...so bye dayan, go in peace xxx
Pixelgoth
I have no words to add. It's so unbelievably sad that someone some wonderful could go like that. I don't understand suicide. Hopefully I never will.

RIP Dayan! You will be missed more than you'll ever know! sad.gif

*crys*
kidvicious2punk
QUOTE (ravein @ Nov 25 2003, 10:37 AM)
This BETTER NOT BE A JOKE!!!!!
WTF..........

i dont think anyone could joke about that...

omg...omg....

no...

debs...

my cool little accent man....

this cant be...

sad.gif

i'm sure wherever he is now, he'd be able to see this...so bye dayan, go in peace xxx

that would be so like him....even in his death to come and be with us here....

i cant believe it...

i havent been on here ..like..ever in a while..

i never got to say goodbye sleep.gif sad.gif
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (kidvicious2punk @ Nov 27 2003, 04:06 PM)
i never got to say goodbye sleep.gif sad.gif

I think that's how most of us feel right now. Angry, sad, gutted, confused, the list goes on. It's so hard when you lose a friend like that. You wish you'd been there to do something, to stop them or at least if you couldn't to say your goodbyes and let them know how much you miss them!

My gran passed away in January and I never actually told her I loved her out loud. I said it in messages when I was younger but never hugged her and told her she was special.

I feel the same towards the D-ster. He was special in his own little way smile.gif
Jay
I'm Jay from Design R..the webhost for this site. I received an email from Mata explaining what had happen, so although I did not know the gentleman myself, this is just a quick post to we where sorry to hear about the loss and all our thoughts are with his family at friends.

Jay and the staff
Design R Web Solutions
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.