Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ask Jonman
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
Jonman
QUOTE (Hate Machina @ Apr 22 2003, 04:29 PM)
Dear Jonman,

Why?

Yours,

Wondering.

Dear Wonderingly.

I would of thought it was obvious, really.

*sigh*

It's all the badgers doing. They were encouraged by the geese of doom, but you can't lay the blame on their bills.
Jonman
QUOTE (Sir_Psycho_Sexy @ Apr 22 2003, 06:56 PM)
P.S. HP is better than Daddies brown sauce

GET OUT!!!!
Sir Psycho Sexy
...what i meant to say was that Daddies is better than HP not really
talking to faeries
Dear Jonman

I have a problem with my next door neighbour, basically he's a pervert and watches me whenever I'm in my bedroom and the curtains are open.
I did think that maybe it was a coincidence that he was always in the back lane whenever I was upstairs or just got out of the shower, but the other day I caught him looking at me and he hid behind my garage. So I figure that it's not a misunderstanding.
I've had a few suggestions of what to do, but I think they may not be suitable to share with anyone else.

What do you think?

Faeries smile.gif
Jonman
QUOTE (Sir_Psycho_Sexy @ Apr 22 2003, 09:19 PM)
...what i meant to say was that Daddies is better than HP not really

OUT!!!
LoLo
Dear Jonman,

Why is it that my mom and my sis nag me about my studying habits, and yet everytime I try to study they distract me and get mad cause I'm not helping them with whatever they are doing? Most of the time I end up driving the hour to my school just so I can go study in the library there but by the time I'm there I'm tired from driving and don't study as well........ho hum

Sincerely,
Has a test on women's history tomorrow
Jonman
QUOTE (talking to faeries @ Apr 22 2003, 09:20 PM)
Dear Jonman

I have a problem with my next door neighbour, basically he's a pervert and watches me whenever I'm in my bedroom and the curtains are open.
I did think that maybe it was a coincidence that he was always in the back lane whenever I was upstairs or just got out of the shower, but the other day I caught him looking at me and he hid behind my garage. So I figure that it's not a misunderstanding.
I've had a few suggestions of what to do, but I think they may not be suitable to share with anyone else.

What do you think?

Faeries smile.gif

Dear Faeries,

Here's a few possibilities. Call the police and report the dirty sod. They have a quiet word with him, and most likely scare him off. Or if you don't want to take it quite that far, pop a note through his door explaining that you know that he's been doing it, and if you see him doing it again, you'll call the police.

As I have no idea of your age or living situation, another option is to tell your father or big brother (if you live with your folks), or boyfriend (if you live elsewhere and have a boyfriend), who, if they're anything like most fellas, will probably go around to the guy's house and wring his frickin neck. Not a very clever idea, as he could report them to the police, but if they went around and had a quiet word in your place, taking care not to explicity threaten his person, but noting that what he's doing could get him into a lot of trouble with the police, that might help. Again, is he continues, call the cops, and get him busted.

Another thing to do is keep a camera handy in your room. Whenever you see him lurking, try taking pictures as documentary evidence. Also, keep a diary of his lurking activities. If he's not a complete idiot, he'll soon stop when he sees you point a camera at him every time. If not, then you've got proof to present to the police when you shop him.

Certainly don't put up with it - take the bastard down.
Sir Psycho Sexy
*tacks a big banner saying HP rules to the wall and leaves*
Pikasyuu
What sick twisted country are you in anyway? In my day (when all this was fields), half past 8 was the magic time. Very civilised. Allowed us british schoolkids time for tea and scones.

The 'states. ._. I want to go to the UK for tea and scones. They give us gruel. American gruel. Augh, save me!
talking to faeries
Good advie Jonman

I didn't want to take it to the police in case it's all a misunderstanding, but I have told my mother and boyfriend and they aint too happy about it.

Thanks for the advice, and I like the camera idea..I might just try that one.

Cheers
Jonman
QUOTE (LoLo @ Apr 22 2003, 09:35 PM)
Dear Jonman,

Why is it that my mom and my sis nag me about my studying habits, and yet everytime I try to study they distract me and get mad cause I'm not helping them with whatever they are doing?  Most of the time I end up driving the hour to my school just so I can go study in the library there but by the time I'm there I'm tired from driving and don't study as well........ho hum

Sincerely,

Coo, jiminy. Women's history eh?

5000000 BC: eat apple from snake, causing all of humanity's problems forever
5000 BC: get clubbed on head and dragged back to cave
500 BC: wear togas, cook, clean
500 AD: wear rags, cook, clean
1500 AD: wear frilly dresses, cook, clean
1900 AD: keep ankles covered, cook, clean
~1908AD: some silly bint throws herself under a horse. Cook, clean
1920s AD: someone called Jet suffers a lot. Cook, clean
1939 AD: build planes, bombs and cars. Cook, clean
1945 AD: men come home from war and build cars and planes. Revert to cooking and cleaning
1960s AD: wear tie-dye, burn bras, refuse to cook and clean. Take acid, shag everyone
1970s AD: revert to cooking and cleaning
1980s AD: get bored of cooking and cleaning. Have stupid big hair and bigger shoulderpads instead.
1990s AD: stop wearing undies. Continue not cooking and cleaning. Refuse to sleep with a man unless he can cook, and is clean.
2003 AD: learn to do all the things that men traditionally do, only do them better than men. Start cooking and cleaning again, as you do that better too. Be miffed that no matter how hard to try, you'll never be able to wee standing up as good as men.

Revision complete.
LoLo
QUOTE (Jonman @ Apr 22 2003, 01:49 PM)
QUOTE (LoLo @ Apr 22 2003, 09:35 PM)
Dear Jonman,

Why is it that my mom and my sis nag me about my studying habits, and yet everytime I try to study they distract me and get mad cause I'm not helping them with whatever they are doing? Most of the time I end up driving the hour to my school just so I can go study in the library there but by the time I'm there I'm tired from driving and don't study as well........ho hum

Sincerely,

Coo, jiminy. Women's history eh?

5000000 BC: eat apple from snake, causing all of humanity's problems forever
5000 BC: get clubbed on head and dragged back to cave
500 BC: wear togas, cook, clean
500 AD: wear rags, cook, clean
1500 AD: wear frilly dresses, cook, clean
1900 AD: keep ankles covered, cook, clean
~1908AD: some silly bint throws herself under a horse. Cook, clean
1920s AD: someone called Jet suffers a lot. Cook, clean
1939 AD: build planes, bombs and cars. Cook, clean
1945 AD: men come home from war and build cars and planes. Revert to cooking and cleaning
1960s AD: wear tie-dye, burn bras, refuse to cook and clean. Take acid, shag everyone
1970s AD: revert to cooking and cleaning
1980s AD: get bored of cooking and cleaning. Have stupid big hair and bigger shoulderpads instead.
1990s AD: stop wearing undies. Continue not cooking and cleaning. Refuse to sleep with a man unless he can cook, and is clean.
2003 AD: learn to do all the things that men traditionally do, only do them better than men. Start cooking and cleaning again, as you do that better too. Be miffed that no matter how hard to try, you'll never be able to wee standing up as good as men.

Revision complete.

thanks jonman we're only up to the 1930s but that will work for my final in three weeks!
Pikasyuu
Dear Jonman --
Why is there not yet a thread of people proffessing ( sp? ) undying love and grattitude for your uncanny ability to solve all of our mind numbing daily issues? I'd start one, but you see, I'm a bit shy being new and all. I did make one thread though .. about SB condoms. Hey. Those would be so awesome.
Jonman
QUOTE (syuu @ Apr 22 2003, 10:19 PM)
Dear Jonman --
Why is there not yet a thread of people proffessing ( sp? ) undying love and grattitude for your uncanny ability to solve all of our mind numbing daily issues? I'd start one, but you see, I'm a bit shy being new and all. I did make one thread though .. about SB condoms. Hey. Those would be so awesome.

Dear syuu

That's a very good question. I sometimes wonder that myself. Doesn't keep me awake at night, like, but you gotsta wonder.
Pikasyuu
._.; I WILL. SOON.
Jaq
Dear Jonman:

Do you have any real suggestions for getting a job this summer? You know, ones that pay money?

Yours
Poor Student
racingaway13
dear jonman
WTF?
you never answered about my sleep... talking to faries, although a nice comment, didnt answer my question

sincerely
not sleeping...
Oni Usagi
never go to sleep.
racingaway13
i tried that... it led to caffine poisoning... twasnt fun
Sir Psycho Sexy
Dear Jonman
I would like to publicly withdraw my statement about which brown sauce is best, and I do so of my own free will. *looks awkwardly as gun pointed toward his head* Upon further investigation Daddies brown sauce is actually better than HP which is bland and inferior by comparison

Sincerely
Scared for my life

P.S. i have said at least once you are in fact a hero of comedy, just not as widely recognised as you counter-parts
Oni Usagi
Maybe shock treatment, or hot coals. sorry I'm just trying to find a temporary solution till, a more qualified Jon returns to fix yer problems
racingaway13
temporary fixes are what the world is based on...
try to wrap that around your mind at night!
Jonman
QUOTE (Jaq @ Apr 23 2003, 01:07 AM)
Dear Jonman:

Do you have any real suggestions for getting a job this summer? You know, ones that pay money?

Yours
Poor Student

Right,

Knowing very little about you, except that you're in Canada, and you're a student, here's a few vague and general pointers, mainly drawing on my experience as a skint student back in the 90s.

Thinking that the legal boozing age in Canada is 18, and that if you're a college student type, then probably over 18, howz about some bar work over the summer. Tends to be hard work, but lots of fun (in my experience at any rate). Probably doesn't pay [I] great [\I], but there you go. Nightclubs tend to have mad quick turnover of staff, so they're pretty much always recruiting. Crazy hours, but again, can be fun.

Another option is to check out a temping agency. I used to work my summers through these, and have had everything from warehouse work (i.e. packing boxes and moving boxes) to office work (i.e. filing) to workshop work (i.e. putting up temporary walls) to catering (i.e. giving posh folks drinks at big events). You'll have the option there of specifying what kind of work you're interested in, although if you say you'll do anything, you'll get more offers.

Also, check the local papers, wander into local stores (supermarkets especially), and ask at the customer service desk, check bulletin boards at college/school.

Failing all that, pimp out your friends.

Hope that helps,
Jonman
Jonman
QUOTE (racingaway13 @ Apr 19 2003, 06:18 AM)
dear jonman

is it healthy to stay up till 3 am whenever possiable, and then not wake till 3 pm the next day? is it really that unhealthy? my mom tends to get angry when i do it but im not hurting anyone, and also, on school nights, i only normally get 7 hours of sleep since i stay up till about 1 am, is that unhealthy too? im not sure about my sleeping all i know is that its all my parents fault (they do it, but not to my extreme anymore)

sincerely
*twitch* raa *twitch* ciinnnggggg *twitch*

Dear *twitch*

Sorry for the delay, your post got lost in a whole raft of problems after I returned from a couple of days of hardcore schmoozing when I was off duty. My bad.

While it's not strictly unhealthy, it won't do your health any favours. Constantly changing sleep patterns means that your body will never settle into a rhythm, and the sleep that you do get is not as refreshing as it may be. However, having said that, if you're spending 12 hours in bed, I don't think that the quality of sleep is really going to be a problem.

What is more likely to be a problem is if you get accustomed to that sleep patten, then when you have to go back to a normal wake-up time for school/college/work, you'll be scuppered, as 8am will be in 'the-middle-of-the-night' for your current schedule.

As for the 7 hours of sleep on a school-night, that depends totally. In years previous, I'd be a mess if I had less than a good 8 hours of quality kip. These days, I'm good with 6, and can get by on 5. It varies for every person. If you fell spritely in the mornings after 7 hours of kip, then all's well. If you're yawning your way through the mornings, then perhaps you need to think about getting an earlier night.

And good plan, blaming it on your parents. They make good scapegoats for all manner of ills.

Hope that helps,
Jonman
Jonman
QUOTE (Sir_Psycho_Sexy @ Apr 23 2003, 03:30 AM)
Dear Jonman
I would like to publicly withdraw my statement about which brown sauce is best, and I do so of my own free will. *looks awkwardly as gun pointed toward his head* Upon further investigation Daddies brown sauce is actually better than HP which is bland and inferior by comparison

Sincerely
Scared for my life

P.S. i have said at least once you are in fact a hero of comedy, just not as widely recognised as you counter-parts

Dear Scared,

I'm glad you've seen the error of your ways. Did you do a blind taste-off, and realise how wrong you've been all your life?

Jolly good,
Jonman

*gently releases hammer on revolver and reholsters it*
Spacehappy
Dear Jonman,

I have a problem i to love HP sauce better than that "other less quality brand". Help.

yours a HP lover to the end.
Jonman
QUOTE (Spacehappy @ Apr 23 2003, 05:33 PM)
Dear Jonman,

I have a problem i to love HP sauce better than that "other less quality brand". Help.

yours a HP lover to the end.

Look, far be it from me to tell people what they can and can't do.

If you want to make love to amphibians, that's your choice. I don't want to watch, but off you go. If you want to put garden tools up your bum, fair enough. Don't expect me to weed the flowerbeds afterwards. If you want to have HP instead of Daddies, then so be it. Just don't expect me to invite you round for bacon sarnies, YOU SICKO.
craziness
dear jonman
my little brother comes in here demanding that i get off the computer now so he can IM the 8 people on his buddy list who dont want to talk to him and rant about how upset he is because he asked some girl to the movies and she hasnt answered yet. i explain to him polietly that i am currently using the machine and i am sorry that we currently only have internet on one computer, and i dont even have to clone AIM and let him chat for the 5 minutes that i did. what do i do to get a crazy bipolar little kid to go away without him blowing up at me?
Jonman
QUOTE (craziness @ Apr 23 2003, 08:57 PM)
dear jonman
my little brother comes in here demanding that i get off the computer now so he can IM the 8 people on his buddy list who dont want to talk to him and rant about how upset he is because he asked some girl to the movies and she hasnt answered yet. i explain to him polietly that i am currently using the machine and i am sorry that we currently only have internet on one computer, and i dont even have to clone AIM and let him chat for the 5 minutes that i did. what do i do to get a crazy bipolar little kid to go away without him blowing up at me?

Dear crazi,

Once again, I must point out that it's a legal obligation of any male sibling under the age of 18 to be annoying to the point of strangulation. Unfortunately, there is no easy cure, and simply resisting the tempation to rip his arms off and beat him to death with them is the only course of action that's available really.

Sorry,
Jonman
LoLo
Dear Jonman,

How are you doing?

Sincerely,
LoLo

(this post is in vain cause I know Jonman won't be here as much but what the hell)
Tatty Narja
Dear Jonman,

Why is it that in madonna's new single, she continualy state she is living the american life/dream. Correct me if I'm wrong but she LIVES IN SCOTLAND!!!
Is the american dream to 'get away from america'?

Sincerely,
a frustrated homosexual!
Pikasyuu
Dear well-missed Jonman --
I have a lady phys. ed teacher at my school who must've been released from her rehabilitation group's uplift program a bit too late. You see, she has some sort of odd happy/insane complex that gets on my nerves in a personal way. She tried to help me at the beginning of the year, only to get me in a huge amount of trouble and leave me to rebuild my home-life ( apparently she didn't have the authority to do what she said she was doing to aid me. ). She tried to help me a second time, and I let her. Again, everything was messed up completely. Now she thinks I'm some sort of homocidal delinquent teenager with a rage issue because I was upset at her doing things she knew she wasn't supposed to and not letting myself or the teachers know. She goes 'round to all of my friends telling them that I'm manipulating them into doing bad things, and then she denies it when she's confronted. She says horrid things about my mother, for God knows what reason, though she's never met the woman, she says she'll have me arrested for verbal abuse when I tell her to go away, she also says that I'm going to Hell. But after she says all of these nasty things, she claims I'm an intelligent student whom she respects and loves very much, and then that she thinks its a fun daily challenge that I dislike her so much. Now, how the hell do I deal with this psycho? The administration is extremely sick of hearing about me from her, and having heard so many things, despite that a good part of them are twisted/completely fabricated, they're starting to take her side( since my record never was all that clean .. ) and may even suspend/expell me. I'd like to fix this without murdering the poor delusional woman, but I don't know how. Oh my.

-- all pissy and whatnot.
Jonman
QUOTE (LoLo @ Apr 24 2003, 10:17 PM)
Dear Jonman,

How are you doing?

Sincerely,
LoLo

(this post is in vain cause I know Jonman won't be here as much but what the hell)

Not bad thanks, lass.

I've not sodded off to the back end of nowhere yet. Just not allowed to post from work, hence me not spamming the forum up all day. I still have a quick browse in the evenings. Very quick tonight, as I'm off out for a curry with a girl I rather like, then going to watch her do a stand-up routine, then who knows? Here's hoping....

And you?
Jonman
QUOTE (Tatty Narja @ Apr 24 2003, 10:49 PM)
Dear Jonman,

Why is it that in madonna's new single, she continualy state she is living the american life/dream. Correct me if I'm wrong but she LIVES IN SCOTLAND!!!

Sincerely,
a frustrated homosexual!

Dear Frus,

The American dream isn't actually to make lots of money when you started off with none, as many believe, but rather, to live on a croft on a windswept Scottish mountain, with only sheep, otters and ants for company.

Good for Madonna, say I.
Jonman
QUOTE (syuu @ Apr 24 2003, 11:34 PM)
Dear well-missed Jonman --
I have a lady phys. ed teacher at my school who must've been released from her rehabilitation group's uplift program a bit too late. You see, she has some sort of odd happy/insane complex that gets on my nerves in a personal way. She tried to help me at the beginning of the year, only to get me in a huge amount of trouble and leave me to rebuild my home-life ( apparently she didn't have the authority to do what she said she was doing to aid me. ). She tried to help me a second time, and I let her. Again, everything was messed up completely. Now she thinks I'm some sort of homocidal delinquent teenager with a rage issue because I was upset at her doing things she knew she wasn't supposed to and not letting myself or the teachers know. She goes 'round to all of my friends telling them that I'm manipulating them into doing bad things, and then she denies it when she's confronted. She says horrid things about my mother, for God knows what reason, though she's never met the woman, she says she'll have me arrested for verbal abuse when I tell her to go away, she also says that I'm going to Hell. But after she says all of these nasty things, she claims I'm an intelligent student whom she respects and loves very much, and then that she thinks its a fun daily challenge that I dislike her so much. Now, how the hell do I deal with this psycho? The administration is extremely sick of hearing about me from her, and having heard so many things, despite that a good part of them are twisted/completely fabricated, they're starting to take her side( since my record never was all that clean .. ) and may even suspend/expell me. I'd like to fix this without murdering the poor delusional woman, but I don't know how. Oh my.

-- all pissy and whatnot.

Dear pissy,

In a nutshell, I think that you perhaps need to broach the subect with your folks, and get them up to speed on the situation, such that you can rely on them to back you up when you go to this teacher's superior and register a formal complaint.

The fact that she tells you that you're going to Hell ought to be grounds enough for serious reprimand. Probably counts as verbal abuse.

I suggest you have a long sit down with a pad and paper and note down all the loony stuff this lady has done, so you've got notes to refer to as opposed to just trying to remember it all on the spot. Be truthful. Then take those notes to her superiour, or higher. Teachers ought to be there to help, not cause more hassle.

Hope that helps,
Jonman
Sir Psycho Sexy
Dear Jonman

Some evil person (not me honest...) has the notion that you do in fact have a seperate girl for each night of the week is this true? or is it simply the attraction of the english accent?

Sincerely
wants to be in america
Jonman
QUOTE (Sir_Psycho_Sexy @ Apr 25 2003, 02:02 AM)
Dear Jonman

Some evil person (not me honest...) has the notion that you do in fact have a seperate girl for each night of the week is this true? or is it simply the attraction of the english accent?

Sincerely
wants to be in america

Dear Sir,

I was dating a girl, but there wasn't that spark, yerknow, so I broke it off. Thing was, I was being my usual charming self, and she kinda got seriously into me, so that was a bit messy. Shame really, as she was a nice girl, and didn't deserve to be messed around.

I do have a handful and a bit of other girlfriends, who are just friends who are girls, who I hang out with, so I suppose I do indeed have one for every night of the week. And yes, I met most of them as a direct result of the accent.

In any case, this should be an object lesson in the fact that no matter how nice a bloke seems, he's probably an untrustworthy bastard beneath it all.
Free Psycho
Thank you Jonman, you've just re-affirmed my beliefs.
Jaq
*snip!*
Jaq
Amen to that.

me/s faith in men has plumetted to a new low
LoLo
Dear Jonman,

Why do showers make one smell better?

Sincerely,
Stinky Butt
Sir Psycho Sexy
QUOTE (Jonman @ Apr 25 2003, 02:09 AM)
Dear Jonman

Sincerely
wants to be in america

Dear Sir,

I was dating a girl, but there wasn't that spark, yerknow, so I broke it off. Thing was, I was being my usual charming self, and she kinda got seriously into me, so that was a bit messy. Shame really, as she was a nice girl, and didn't deserve to be messed around.

I do have a handful and a bit of other girlfriends, who are just friends who are girls, who I hang out with, so I suppose I do indeed have one for every night of the week. And yes, I met most of them as a direct result of the accent.

In any case, this should be an object lesson in the fact that no matter how nice a bloke seems, he's probably an untrustworthy bastard beneath it all.

i knew there was a reason you were my role model tongue.gif
Free Psycho
QUOTE (Sir_Psycho_Sexy @ Apr 24 2003, 09:42 PM)
QUOTE (Jonman @ Apr 25 2003, 02:09 AM)
Dear Jonman

Sincerely
wants to be in america

Dear Sir,

i knew there was a reason you were my role model tongue.gif

<doesn't like the idea of minion aspiring to be a jerk> No offence Jonman. biggrin.gif
Jaq
Agrees with Free Psycho for the second time today.

Wow. That's gotta be a record or something!
Free Psycho
QUOTE (Jaq @ Apr 24 2003, 09:50 PM)
Agrees with Free Psycho for the second time today.

Wow. That's gotta be a record or something!

<likes connecting randomly with people on different levels> Too bad I smited you before...I unsmite you! <doesn't know how this is possible, but it is so! Damn it! ...stop talking to yourself...>
craziness
QUOTE (Jonman @ Apr 24 2003, 09:58 PM)
QUOTE (Tatty Narja @ Apr 24 2003, 10:49 PM)
Dear Jonman,

Sincerely,
a frustrated homosexual!

Dear Frus,

The American dream isn't actually to make lots of money when you started off with none, as many believe, but rather, to live on a croft on a windswept Scottish mountain, with only sheep, otters and ants for company.

Good for Madonna, say I.

dear tatty
i am not mr monjan dude, and well aware of that
but i fell obliged to answer this question.
nobody actually wants to live here. the government sucks as of late. madonna lives in about 436509443344187384306436589638561509865318916328965 places, so it is the greedy americans dream to live everywhere. i am an american, nobody can get mad at me for dissing myself. madonna doesnt actually like the US she likes scotland tongue.gif yeah ok..........so what if thats sorta what he said.......
Jonman
QUOTE (Free Psycho @ Apr 25 2003, 02:46 AM)
<doesn't like the idea of minion aspiring to be a jerk> No offence Jonman. biggrin.gif

None taken. I totally agree that I'm being a jerk. What's been interesting about the whole thing is that I'd never normally have done something like this, and it's been very revealing to see how little my conscience has been troubling me.
Jonman
QUOTE (LoLo @ Apr 25 2003, 02:17 AM)
Dear Jonman,

Why do showers make one smell better?

Sincerely,
Stinky Butt

Dear Ms. Butt.

Sometimes they don't. Showers of rotten tuna rarely makes one smell better.

Flight Leader Jonman St. John Smythe Smythe Smythington (retired)
Free Psycho
That's a tad bit scary, Jonman.
Sir Psycho Sexy
i'm no jerk....i have an extremely guilty conscience, i think i'd break down, go mad and end up running around the country side in me skivvies.....but i couldn't do that to any woman...let alone sam....Jonman's still my role model though
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.