Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ask Jonman
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
cheese is funny
QUOTE (craziness @ May 6 2003, 01:45 AM)
put on relaxing music, no aquabats for you.

the aquabats are relaxing!! in a "OMG! i need to skank right now!!" sort of way... and i havent listened to them in about 3 weeks... i dont listen to them for a month before i go to see them play a show... <hops up and down excitedly>
LoLo
Dear Jonman,

Why do Americans like to make their tea cold?

Sincerely,
LoLo laugh.gif
Goddess Lyssa
I have to wake up at 6 in the morning so I can get to school on time. But I can never get to sleep till about 2/3 in the morning, so I dont get much sleep.
I've tried staying online posting until 2/3 in the morning but it doesn't make me sleep!? (suprisingly)

What do you suggest?!
Pikasyuu
Dear Jonman --
Now my stepdad's moving out. Story o' my life. Fucking great.

- syuu
craziness
omg, im so sorry syuu
Jonman
QUOTE (LoLo @ May 6 2003, 09:43 PM)
Dear Jonman,

Why do Americans like to make their tea cold?

Sincerely,
LoLo laugh.gif

Dear Lo,

Because they're wrong in the head. Sick, misguided fools.

If it wasn't for this one national pastime, they'd be an alright bunch of folk. Except for the unelected chimp who sits in the big white building, of course.
Jonman
QUOTE (Goddess Lyssa @ May 6 2003, 09:48 PM)
I have to wake up at 6 in the morning so I can get to school on time. But I can never get to sleep till about 2/3 in the morning, so I dont get much sleep.
I've tried staying online posting until 2/3 in the morning but it doesn't make me sleep!? (suprisingly)

What do you suggest?!

Get some exercise in the early evening. Depending on your level of fitness, it could be a brisk walk, a run, a mad session in the gym, or a game of tennis or something. Take a frisbee down the park with a friend and run around a bit.

Fresh air and exertion. Makes me sleep like a teenager again.
LoLo
Dear Jonman,

My mom should have called for me to pick her up an hour or two ago, and she hasn't yet. Should I begin to worry?

Sincerely,
LoLo
Jonman
QUOTE (syuu @ May 6 2003, 10:15 PM)
Dear Jonman --
Now my stepdad's moving out. Story o' my life. Fucking great.

- syuu

I'm sorry to hear that.

Not that this will help at all, but sometimes crappy stuff happening can be for the best in the long run. I hope this is one of those times that when the dust settles, everything looks a bit better.

Good luck, and hope things brighten for you.
Jonman
Jonman
QUOTE (LoLo @ May 6 2003, 11:31 PM)
Dear Jonman,

My mom should have called for me to pick her up an hour or two ago, and she hasn't yet.  Should I begin to worry?

Sincerely,
LoLo

Dear Lo,

i wouldn't have thought so - this is the day she's in surgery? If so, then not to worry. Operating theatres are like airports - delays stack up, and end up pushing a whole days schedule out.

And in the event that there WAS something for you to worry about, i'm sure someone would have called you by now.

Have a mental (i.e. menthol) - that'll chill you out.

DISCLAIMER: Jonman Industries neither condones nor disparages smoking cigarettes. People should be free to do what they want to themselves.
LoLo
QUOTE (Jonman @ May 6 2003, 03:58 PM)
QUOTE (LoLo @ May 6 2003, 11:31 PM)
Dear Jonman,

My mom should have called for me to pick her up an hour or two ago, and she hasn't yet. Should I begin to worry?

Sincerely,
LoLo

Dear Lo,

i wouldn't have thought so - this is the day she's in surgery? If so, then not to worry. Operating theatres are like airports - delays stack up, and end up pushing a whole days schedule out.

And in the event that there WAS something for you to worry about, i'm sure someone would have called you by now.

Have a mental (i.e. menthol) - that'll chill you out.

DISCLAIMER: Jonman Industries neither condones nor disparages smoking cigarettes. People should be free to do what they want to themselves.

Thanks, that actually makes me feel better biggrin.gif

Yes shes in surgery today.

I'll go have a menthol to calm down.
cheese is funny
dear jonman,

i need a credit card... i want to buy stuff online, and my dad doesnt like me using his... even though i pay him the money as soon as he buys them... so its not like i dont pay him or anything... i dont see his reasoning for getting mad...

can you explain how to get a credit card to a stupid kid that doesnt know much? lol
LoLo
QUOTE (cheese is funny @ May 6 2003, 04:07 PM)
dear jonman,

i need a credit card... i want to buy stuff online, and my dad doesnt like me using his... even though i pay him the money as soon as he buys them... so its not like i dont pay him or anything... i dont see his reasoning for getting mad...

can you explain how to get a credit card to a stupid kid that doesnt know much? lol

Dear Cheese,

Get your dad to help you get a checking account and a visa or mastercard check card. It works like a credit card, but it doesn't get you in debt.

Sincerely,
Not Jonman
cheese is funny
hmm... thanks not-jonman laugh.gif

if i know what to ask for... he might be more reluctant to say yes and let me have it...
CrissiLove
QUOTE (LoLo @ May 6 2003, 07:42 PM)
QUOTE (cheese is funny @ May 6 2003, 04:07 PM)
dear jonman,

Dear Cheese,

Get your dad to help you get a checking account and a visa or mastercard check card. It works like a credit card, but it doesn't get you in debt.

Sincerely,
Not Jonman

(lmao@not jonman... that was really good advice though... when I was in H.S. I got sent some credit cards... got into debt before I even graduated... lol Now all I have is a check card... I think they are much better! smile.gif )
LoLo
QUOTE (cheese is funny @ May 6 2003, 05:45 PM)

if i know what to ask for... he might be more reluctant to say yes and let me have it...

more reluctant? or more willing?
craziness
dear monjan,
i miss you and i miss inky. ok heres my real problem
its not very signifigant, but thats ok because i wanted to get to call you monjan. anyways, you all know how young i am. i got asked out on a date [not the first time though], but i turned my friend down because i dont like him. the problem is, i think he is really a bit frustrated. he is a very nice guy, but he has a lazy eye, and something is wrong with one of his arms so he always has to wear a cast. ok, so it was partially his physcial appearence that caused me to turn him down, but not so much, i am not that shallow, [i hope.] but anyways, he just isnt really the type of guy i go for at all, [personalitywise] but i still feel really bad, because he really wants a girlfriend, but he wouldnt ask just anyone, and he does deserve a girlfriend, hes a really sweet guy, but i just dont like him. so i told him i feel that i am too young to be dating people right now, and the people around us are not mature enough to deal with people dating, and that i was really sorry, but i know hes still upset. i will definitly make sure to tell him that i thin khes a great guy, but i just feel kind of bad. i do think i made the right decision, but yeah, i still feel bad. so what do you think? did i make the right desicion? what can i do to make him feel better?

-crazi
cheese is funny
QUOTE (LoLo @ May 7 2003, 01:49 AM)
QUOTE (cheese is funny @ May 6 2003, 05:45 PM)

more reluctant? or more willing?

willing... i havent been thinking straight all day.....
cheese is funny
QUOTE (craziness @ May 7 2003, 01:56 AM)
dear monjan,
its not very signifigant, but thats ok because i wanted to get to call you monjan. anyways, you all know how young i am. i got asked out on a date [not the first time though], but i turned my friend down because i dont like him. the problem is, i think he is really a bit frustrated. he is a very nice guy, but he has a lazy eye, and something is wrong with one of his arms so he always has to wear a cast. ok, so it was partially his physcial appearence that caused me to turn him down, but not so much, i am not that shallow, [i hope.] but anyways, he just isnt really the type of guy i go for at all, [personalitywise] but i still feel really bad, because he really wants a girlfriend, but he wouldnt ask just anyone, and he does deserve a girlfriend, hes a really sweet guy, but i just dont like him. so i told him i feel that i am too young to be dating people right now, and the people around us are not mature enough to deal with people dating, and that i was really sorry, but i know hes still upset. i will definitly make sure to tell him that i thin khes a great guy, but i just feel kind of bad. i do think i made the right decision, but yeah, i still feel bad. so what do you think? did i make the right desicion? what can i do to make him feel better?

-crazi

ok... im not monjan... jonman.. or any other form of his spelling.... but as a guy who gets rejected by girls all day.... i felt that i should add my 2 cents...

ok, first of all... if you based your decsision mostly on his personality... you made the right decesision... and how you said you rejected him was a very nice way to say it... and if you think he is taking it badly, let him know that he is still your friend... that you still welcome his company

dont feel bad, if this guy is a nice guy, he will find the right girl, whether it be you, or someone completly different

i hope this helps you in some way...
Jonman
QUOTE (cheese is funny @ May 7 2003, 12:07 AM)
dear jonman,

Dear Cheese,

Lo's advice is good - your other option - dunno if they have them stateside - is to get a pre-pay card - works just like a credit card, except you have to keep a positive balance on the account - much like a checking card i.e. you can't get into debt on it. However, I can't remember what they're called so it might not be any use to you at all.

However, honestly, I think you're best off opening a bank account. Dunno how old you are, or what the legal hoojamaflip over here is, but it's good to get an account if for no other reason to get used to running a bank account - good life skill to have in my opinion.

The other advantages to the account is that it's under YOUR control, and once you hit credit cardable age, you'll have some tracable financial history to back you up.

Yours,
Jonman, financial advisor to the stars.
Jonman
QUOTE (craziness @ May 7 2003, 01:56 AM)
dear monjan,

-crazi

Dear Crazi,

Here's the scoop. You did the right thing to turn the guy down. If you're not attracted to him, then what's the point of dating him? It's a bit two-faced to do so, in my humble opinion. Even more so if neither his appearance nor his personality float your boat.

My only advice would be to be straight up with him. Tell him you really like him, would like to keep hanging out with him, but sorry, you're just don't think about him like that. It'll probably bum him out a bit, but if he's a good sort, he'll appreciate the honesty.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again - honesty really is the best policy.
LoLo
Dear Jonman,

I'm in the mood for shameless self promotion today. I was wondering if you read my Random Rants, Raves, and Really Odd Theories articles, and if so what do you think? Also when I write a new one sometimes I just sit there waiting to see if people like it and I watch the thread move farther and farther down the list. Am I just too impatient?

Sincerely,
Shameless
Jonman
QUOTE (LoLo @ May 8 2003, 08:00 PM)
Dear Jonman,

I'm in the mood for shameless self promotion today. I was wondering if you read my Random Rants, Raves, and Really Odd Theories articles, and if so what do you think? Also when I write a new one sometimes I just sit there waiting to see if people like it and I watch the thread move farther and farther down the list. Am I just too impatient?

Sincerely,
Shameless

Dear Lolo - I'm in the mood for shameless self-promotion too. I'm bloody great, me. Frickin ninja in every way.

I haven't checked your rants post. Which is suprising really, as I have several thousand possible rants (american cheese, pigeons, lack of trampolining cocktail barmaid hula girls and unnecessary body hair to name a few), and theories (postman pat being a drug dealer (one for the Brits), the theory of dolphin propoganda and how stupid people avoid killing themselves to name but a few).

I've been busy of late though. I'll check it when I get the time.

As for impatience, yup. With this thread, I check it every day or two, and bulk answer any posts. Kinda works. Sometimes it disappers for a few days, then resurfaces. I'm sure at some point, it'll float off the bottom of the forum, and remain there for all eternity. Not to worry. It's had a good run. Every thread has it's time, you know?

Jonman
Debaser
postman pat being a drug dealer...that's a new one...
Jonman
QUOTE (Debaser @ May 8 2003, 10:03 PM)

Come on now. Think about it.

Can a rural postman afford the numberplate 'PAT 1'? I think not. And how happy is everyone to see the postman really? Not nearly as happy as they all are to see Pat. Poor old Jess the cat has had to have a plastic bumhole fitted as it was wrecked by Pat smuggling stashes of smack up it.

And they show this stuff to kids. Somethings fundamentally wrong with society, I'm telling you.
Debaser
QUOTE (Jonman @ May 8 2003, 10:32 PM)
QUOTE (Debaser @ May 8 2003, 10:03 PM)

Come on now. Think about it.

Can a rural postman afford the numberplate 'PAT 1'? I think not. And how happy is everyone to see the postman really? Not nearly as happy as they all are to see Pat. Poor old Jess the cat has had to have a plastic bumhole fitted as it was wrecked by Pat smuggling stashes of smack up it.

And they show this stuff to kids. Somethings fundamentally wrong with society, I'm telling you.

wow...that's pretty solid...

/me adds it to his list of conspiracy theories...
Jonman
QUOTE (Debaser @ May 8 2003, 10:34 PM)

Just one of the many obscure revelations a 'wasted' youth produced.
Debaser
QUOTE (Jonman @ May 8 2003, 10:39 PM)

along with the "jack straw is the demon headmaster" thing...

but that's true, i swear...
Jonman
QUOTE (Debaser @ May 8 2003, 10:40 PM)

No, that's just obvious. I mean, look at him!
Pikasyuu
QUOTE (Jonman @ May 8 2003, 10:43 PM)
QUOTE (Debaser @ May 8 2003, 10:40 PM)

No, that's just obvious. I mean, look at him!

>:( ...

- Throws on her Jack Straw fan t-shirt and baseball cap, and Jack Straw brand thonged panties. -

WHAT NOW?
Debaser
QUOTE (syuu @ May 8 2003, 11:40 PM)

- Throws on her Jack Straw fan t-shirt and baseball cap, and Jack Straw brand thonged panties. -

WHAT NOW?

/me tries not to get distracted...

if i could get comparison pictures, you'd see...
Jonman
QUOTE (Debaser @ May 8 2003, 11:43 PM)

WHAT NOW?

Here's Jack...

http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=n...-8%26oe%3DUTF-8

Here's The Demon Headmaster...

http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=w...-8%26oe%3DUTF-8

Ever wonder why you never see them in the same room at the same time......?
LoLo
Dear Jonman,

People seem to have stopped asking questions. Does this concern you for the future of your thread? laugh.gif

Sincerely,
LoLo
Jonman
QUOTE (LoLo @ May 9 2003, 12:33 AM)
Dear Jonman,

People seem to have stopped asking questions. Does this concern you for the future of your thread? laugh.gif

Sincerely,
LoLo

Not really. It's had a good run for it's money, albeit that half of the posts are from me.

Anyway, I'm going to be away from the forum for a few weeks on a business trip, so it may be for the best. I'll ressurect it when I get back if I feel the urge to solve folks problems.
LoLo
Dear Jonman,

I will personally miss you while you are gone, and I hope that you have a safe and good trip.

Sincerely,
LoLo
Jonman
QUOTE (LoLo @ May 9 2003, 12:56 AM)
Dear Jonman,

I will personally miss you while you are gone, and I hope that you have a safe and good trip.

Sincerely,
LoLo

fanks.

Hopefully there's be no airplanes bursting into fire this time.

in the words of Arnie.

I'll be back.

*ahem*

well, I'm not actually leaving until Tuesday, but there you go.
Pikasyuu
QUOTE (Jonman @ May 9 2003, 12:31 AM)
QUOTE (Debaser @ May 8 2003, 11:43 PM)

WHAT NOW?

Here's Jack...

http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=n...-8%26oe%3DUTF-8

Here's The Demon Headmaster...

http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=w...-8%26oe%3DUTF-8

Ever wonder why you never see them in the same room at the same time......?

... That is scarier than scary.
cheese is funny
dear jonman, (serious problem alert)

ive recently found myself growing apart from some old friends of mine... we have been there for each other for as long as i can remember... but now it seems like we dont know anything about eachother.. when we hang out, there is alot of awkward silence... and it seems like we going to get in one big fight and thats it, friendship over... i dont want that to happen... yet i dont know what to do... they dont really like to talk when i try to start convorsation...

do we just have some sort of weird silence mystery filled friendship? or are we going to go our own ways sooner or later? is there anything i can do to get out old friendship back?
Jonman
QUOTE (cheese is funny @ May 9 2003, 02:23 AM)
dear jonman, (serious problem alert)

ive recently found myself growing apart from some old friends of mine... we have been there for each other for as long as i can remember... but now it seems like we dont know anything about eachother.. when we hang out, there is alot of awkward silence... and it seems like we going to get in one big fight and thats it, friendship over... i dont want that to happen... yet i dont know what to do... they dont really like to talk when i try to start convorsation...

do we just have some sort of weird silence mystery filled friendship? or are we going to go our own ways sooner or later? is there anything i can do to get out old friendship back?

Dear Cheese,

Unfortunately, it's a fact of life that as we grow, mature, evolve and change, it's inevitable that we're going to grow apart from some friends who grow (or don't) in different directions. It works in both directions - other friends may grow in similar directions, and your friendships will strengthen as a result.

I think what you need to do is figure out why you were friends in the first place, and evaluate your current relationship against those criteria, to see if they're still valid to your friendship. If not, then maybe it's time to move on - while I'm a big advocate of loyalty, especially to friends, if the fact of the matter is that what you had in common that made you friends in the first place no longer exists, then your grounds for friendship have evaporated, leaving you as just acquantances with history.

It's not pretty, but these things happen, with friends as well as boy/girlfriends.

Of course, the other option is to see if you can rekindle the friendship by either concentrating on those aspects that made you friends in the first place, or by discovering new shared views, goals and interests.

Good luck fella.
Jonman.
craziness
cheese, there are tons of people to meet in your school, go out and meet some of them! and the good news is, your almost done too.
Pikasyuu
Dear Jonman --
Ain't love grand? biggrin.gif
And, your thread was dying, so I bumped it. How goes it with the lay-dee, eh?

- Syuu
Jonman
QUOTE (syuu @ May 10 2003, 09:35 PM)
Dear Jonman --

- Syuu

Dear syuu,

Grand, marvellous and wonderful it is indeed. Much better than sliced bread, and even better (dare I say it) than squeezy ketchup bottles.

Things continue to go incredibly well, even more suprising as neither of us were looking for love, nor expecting to find it. But that's kind of the best way to find it in my opinion. We continue to be constantly amazed at how wonderful each other is (are?), and how scarily suited to each other we are.

So, in summary, Jonman's a happy bunny. The downside is that the sun's shining outside, but I'm at work. Boo. And me girly's either chilling at my place playing videogames, or out in the park, both of which make me jealous, and frustrated that I'm not doing either with her.

How's things at your end - is the doo-doo still hitting the fan?
Pikasyuu
QUOTE (Jonman @ May 11 2003, 12:04 AM)
QUOTE (syuu @ May 10 2003, 09:35 PM)
Dear Jonman --

- Syuu

Dear syuu,

Grand, marvellous and wonderful it is indeed. Much better than sliced bread, and even better (dare I say it) than squeezy ketchup bottles.

Things continue to go incredibly well, even more suprising as neither of us were looking for love, nor expecting to find it. But that's kind of the best way to find it in my opinion. We continue to be constantly amazed at how wonderful each other is (are?), and how scarily suited to each other we are.

So, in summary, Jonman's a happy bunny. The downside is that the sun's shining outside, but I'm at work. Boo. And me girly's either chilling at my place playing videogames, or out in the park, both of which make me jealous, and frustrated that I'm not doing either with her.

How's things at your end - is the doo-doo still hitting the fan?

Dear Jonman --
I'm so happy for you. >D! Hopefully she's playing videogames. But she's probably wishing you were playing them too. Aww. ;_; *applauds and throws roses. without the thorns.*

Ah. The doo doo and the fan. I guess I'm coming to grips with it, but I really wish my 2nd attempt at keeping my family would work. x_x; I could always sabatoge my stepdad's attempt at getting an apartment. But yeah. The lady for it called yesterday, and I wanted to yell at mom. >:( because my eyes was welling up like a little pansy girl's eyes do. But I didn't. And I shall talk to him at length about it this evening, while working in that I need eight dollars.

I love love! happy.gif
Jonman
QUOTE (syuu @ May 11 2003, 12:26 AM)
Ah. The doo doo and the fan. I guess I'm coming to grips with it, but I really wish my 2nd attempt at keeping my family would work. x_x; I could always sabatoge my stepdad's attempt at getting an apartment. But yeah. The lady for it called yesterday, and I wanted to yell at mom. >:( because my eyes was welling up like a little pansy girl's eyes do. But I didn't. And I shall talk to him at length about it this evening, while working in that I need eight dollars.

I love love! happy.gif[/SIZE][/color][/font]

Sounds like you've got your head screwed on straight. Good to hear it.

Why not round the 8 up to 10? It'll save him messing around with dollar bills.
Pikasyuu
QUOTE (Jonman @ May 11 2003, 12:37 AM)
QUOTE (syuu @ May 11 2003, 12:26 AM)

I love love! happy.gif[/SIZE][/color][/font]

Sounds like you've got your head screwed on straight. Good to hear it.

Why not round the 8 up to 10? It'll save him messing around with dollar bills.

We're poor folk, but if he does have a ten, I'll just bring him change.
LoLo
Dear Jonman,

I had a killer headache, and then I worked on Torts freakdafied pic and it left, now that I'm done its back. Why did this happen?

Sincerely,
Lo
Jonman
QUOTE (LoLo @ May 11 2003, 12:45 AM)
Dear Jonman,

I had a killer headache, and then I worked on Torts freakdafied pic and it left, now that I'm done its back. Why did this happen?

Sincerely,
Lo

Dear Lo,

Using my long-distance psychic-doctoral powers, I can tell you that it's most likely to be the soothing powers of creative juices. Specially for you artisitc types. Endorphins and all that innit?

Doctor Jonman
Pikasyuu
Dear Jonman --
Eh.. !!
When the feck are we feckin' getting married? >:(

.. THEY TOLD ME TO DO IT, I'MSORRY. ;_;! - Points to LoLo and InKy. - >>;.. sorry guys. Ah. You wont see this forever anyway, on your trip and all. I THINK YOU'RE CHEATING ON ME. ARE YOU? - Picks up a frying pan. - o_o .. Welp. Happy trip. ^___^

-- Your ever loving-forced-you-into-it-with-Jaq-e-fiance-Syuu
Pikasyuu
*bump*
Pikasyuu
*bumps again* Geez, give Jonman something to do when he gets back. o.o
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.