Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ask Jonman
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
craziness
dearest monjan,
i love you. you are not here, and i dont remeber when youll be back because i am too much of a lazy bum AND im giving you something to do.

love
crazi
cheese is funny
dear jonman,

as you know, im a rather depressed person, and constantly unhappy... and recently, ive been taking it out on my friends... i feel really bad about taking it out on them, and i dont know why im doing it...

i could be sitting in class, depressed, and i will be talking to a friend, trying to not let him/her know im depressed, and BAM! i lash out at them... i say alot of things i dont mean... i dont understand it... its really affecting whats left of my social life (or whats left of it...)

any suggestions?

sincerly,

me... giving you something to work on when you get back...
Jonman
QUOTE (syuu @ May 22 2003, 01:48 AM)
*bumps again* Geez, give Jonman something to do when he gets back. o.o

Right then you.

Here's the scoop. As you know, my heart belongs to another. And far more to the point, she's waiting for me in the flesh when I get home.

So, sorry, luv, flattered as I am, it ain't gonna happen. Anyway, with the age difference, the neighbours would talk, wouldn't they? I'm old enough to be your.....well, older cousin once removed I guess. And you know as well as I do that cousins marrying is never a good idea. Look at the British Royal Family for jiminy's sake. I rest my case.
Jonman
QUOTE (craziness @ May 22 2003, 01:59 AM)
dearest monjan,
i love you. you are not here, and i dont remeber when youll be back because i am too much of a lazy bum AND im giving you something to do.

love
crazi

Aww, fanks.

I'm still not technically here, just posting from me hotel room in one of the rare moments when I'm not working like a slave, or sleeping, which is all I've done for the last week or two.

I will be back at home in about 2 weeks, but still won't be around as much as I used to be due to the twin issues of not being able to post from work anymore, and having a girly to please.

But I'll certainly be popping in from time to time to post some irreverant nonsense.

You'd expect nothing less, I'd hope.
Jonman
QUOTE (cheese is funny @ May 22 2003, 05:04 AM)
dear jonman,

as you know, im a rather depressed person, and constantly unhappy... and recently, ive been taking it out on my friends... i feel really bad about taking it out on them, and i dont know why im doing it...

i could be sitting in class, depressed, and i will be talking to a friend, trying to not let him/her know im depressed, and BAM! i lash out at them... i say alot of things i dont mean... i dont understand it... its really affecting whats left of my social life (or whats left of it...)

any suggestions?

sincerly,

me... giving you something to work on when you get back...

*flies in with (under)pants on the outside*

Jonman to the rescue!

Right then, cheese, meladdo, you've achieved the first step in fixing your little problem - you've recognised what it is that you're doing and that you're not happy about you doing it.

So from there, it's a simple, but quite large step to just stop doing it. Next time you feel yourself getting into one of those situations where you going to lash out - do something to prevent yourself from doing so, whether it's something simple like holding your breath until the feeling passes (or you pass out), or pinching yourself, or simply removing yourself from that situation such that you can't lash out at that person (i.e. make an excuse and then leg it).

My main suggestion however, is to try and isolate the root cause of your unhappiness and depression, and see what can be done to fix that, otherwise we'll just be treating the symptoms. If you've got a really good friend, who's a good listener, try talking it over with them, explain what's going on, how you feel etc, and it may just shed some light on your situation - an objective viewpoint is always good to get to put your subjective experience into perspective. Talking things through (in my mind) is always a good thing.

Once you figure out the reasons for your unhappiness, see if you can come up with some ways of alleviating or even eradicating them (e.g. pissed off at never having any money? get a part-time job. Just an simple example to demonstrate my point). Try to rationally analyse your behaviour in the context of your situation, and you may see things differently. As I say, see if you can get a second opinion from a friend who's judgement you trust.

Hope that helps,
Jonman.
cheese is funny
hmm... your words.. are remarkable... as usual... i will see what i can do about getting this depressed part of my life behind me...
Pikasyuu
QUOTE (Jonman @ May 22 2003, 05:38 AM)
QUOTE (syuu @ May 22 2003, 01:48 AM)
*bumps again* Geez, give Jonman something to do when he gets back. o.o

Right then you.

Here's the scoop. As you know, my heart belongs to another. And far more to the point, she's waiting for me in the flesh when I get home.

So, sorry, luv, flattered as I am, it ain't gonna happen. Anyway, with the age difference, the neighbours would talk, wouldn't they? I'm old enough to be your.....well, older cousin once removed I guess. And you know as well as I do that cousins marrying is never a good idea. Look at the British Royal Family for jiminy's sake. I rest my case.

aye aye, Jonman! >>; Nice to see you posting again, it is. :D

It's okay. It's far more important for you to be happy with your fleshy lay-dee than go on with this quirky, trapping e-engagement. You know I'm glad for you, you adorable litt'l slaphead you. ^^ By chance, is Prince Charles a victim of inbreeding parents? He haunts my nightmares, and I think he's there in my room at night.

You didn't take me completely seriously, did you? o_o I hope not, I don't dare want to offend or even do anything to even tap your relationship with your godly lay-dee. Never would I do that, I'm so sorry if you thought I was reffering to anything but a little pretend fake knew it wasn't gonna happen e-engagement. ;_; Murr. *grovelgrovel*

Cometh back soon, yes? Lordy, I sound like Robin Hood.
LoLo
Dear Jonman,

I wrote this in Super K's relationship thread but I have yet to get a response and well you're always so with it that I want your advice as well.

There's this guy who has been my friend for years. I like him a lot, and well all we ever will be is friends and I know this. Anytime I get into a relationship or date a guy, or consider dating a guy I compare him to this friend that I have. Now none of them work out and none of them are going to meet up to being like this guy because this guy is an individual and thats why I like him so much. Is it bad that I compare everyone to him?

Sincerely,
Can't live with men but can't live without them
Sir Psycho Sexy
*to the old batman theme* na na na na na na na JONMAN!! (ok i'll drop it now)

i was searching for this thread for some comedy talk show like fun and do you know where i found it?!?!? PAGE 11!! let me put that into perspective for you, this is below my summer festival thread which i thought was dead and burried...blimey, anyway, how goes it jonman??
oobunnie
*this is sort of a bump because I've seen you around postin and I happen to love this thread*

On to my problem. In our city we have the CFR (Canadian Finals Rodeo I think. I'm not really the rodeo or what have you type, but I think thats what it is.) At work we are supposed to dress up for the week in support. Not being from a cowboy lineage I'm not really sure how to do this. I'm of the understanding that jeans are part of the outfit which I own plenty of. I even have one of those cute straw-ish cowboy hats. But what shirt do I wear? I was told plaid, but that goes against every fashion sense I have. I don't even know where one could procure a plaid shirt. Walmart? Is there any way to make them look better?

Sincerely, avoids bad fashion like the plague
Jonman
QUOTE (oobunnie @ Oct 20 2006, 09:07 PM) *
*this is sort of a bump because I've seen you around postin and I happen to love this thread*

On to my problem. In our city we have the CFR (Canadian Finals Rodeo I think. I'm not really the rodeo or what have you type, but I think thats what it is.) At work we are supposed to dress up for the week in support. Not being from a cowboy lineage I'm not really sure how to do this. I'm of the understanding that jeans are part of the outfit which I own plenty of. I even have one of those cute straw-ish cowboy hats. But what shirt do I wear? I was told plaid, but that goes against every fashion sense I have. I don't even know where one could procure a plaid shirt. Walmart? Is there any way to make them look better?

Sincerely, avoids bad fashion like the plague

Moved this to the 'other' Ask Jonman thread and locking this one, so there's one massive thread of nonsense clogging up the forum. As if.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.