Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Memories
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2
kidvicious2punk
omg..

the irc dare...

man he was such a good sport about that...

tongue.gif ...

i think me fave was when he posted sommat like this:

"yah i called syuu ....while pleasing myself with cheese..."

good times....goood times....
gerbilfromhell
i was browsing through my 'favorites' list just now when i came across a link to something shown to me in IRC.
the link
i think only a few of us were there at the time. but the conversations/competitions we had after that... hilarious. of course, debs won. over 500 mph. it just seemed like one of those little but unique memories i have of him, that whole conversation we all had then.
Phyllis
QUOTE (porcelainwarrior @ Nov 27 2003, 05:01 PM)
and sun...thats exactly how i found out about the pixies tongue.gif then he started to e-stalk me trying to make me download his stuff from slsk tongue.gif

Me too...lol. We had a conversation that went something like this.

Me: YAY! I'm getting DSL!!
Him: oooooh! you HAVE to get slsk
Me: Why?
Him: why? WHY? so you can download some f--king pixies songs off of me. and other music too. but mostly pixies.
Me: Oh. Neat. I don't listen to much music.
Him: ...
Me: What?
Him: how long until you get that dsl? this is a drastic situation.

Then when I finally did get it, his first words to me were the address where I could d/l slsk. And he kept laughing at me, cause I'd never used DSL before..only dial up....and I kept saying "OMG ITS SO FREAKING FAST...VRRROOOOOOMMMM!!!!!"

I found something today. The pics I drew of Chan and Dacey. That was the night I helped him do his makeup. He laughed at me quite a bit for doing these. I felt it was only fair that I be embarrassed at the same time, since I got such a great laugh at his expense that night.

I think this is the right address.....

Oh lord. And him and Sean calling me a freaking cheerleader after I said I hate the name Candi because it looks so cheerleader-ish. He even changed my sig once, for about 10 minutes. I can't remember what the exact words were. Probably something about me shaking my pom poms...lol.
Pikasyuu
QUOTE (gerbilfromhell @ Nov 28 2003, 02:14 PM)
i was browsing through my 'favorites' list just now when i came across a link to something shown to me in IRC.
the link
i think only a few of us were there at the time. but the conversations/competitions we had after that... hilarious. of course, debs won. over 500 mph. it just seemed like one of those little but unique memories i have of him, that whole conversation we all had then.

Noo. You have a selective memory.

*I* won spank the monkey. I spanked that f--ker at 700. I was very upset I screwed up the screen shot, but Debs was very comforting. ._.

You won the spank it slowest thing, dincha Paulie?
leopold
Blimey... every day I remember a few more...

The Pringles! How many convos we had about my latest scheme to keep his mitts off my stash of Pringles, and how he'd always come up with more and more weird and wonderful ways of defeating my security. Or failing that, just sneak past me while I went to get some... And on odd occasions, if I was a bit down about something, he'd share his Pringles with me. And I'd say something sarcastic to him about being generous with MY Pringles, and he'd just laugh at me. laugh.gif

And Soulseek. He got me into the idea of using it to get choons, especially from his puter (and especially especially the gaps in my Pixies back catalogue). Then he spent every available opportunity to call me a bandwidth hog!

Oh, and watching his face as he got to grips with the Bomb 20 track that Inky played for us both at the meet. He had a very bewildered "What the feck?" face on him for quite some time...
Pab
QUOTE (leopold @ Nov 28 2003, 11:22 AM)
And Soulseek. He got me into the idea of using it to get choons, especially from his puter (and especially especially the gaps in my Pixies back catalogue). Then he spent every available opportunity to call me a bandwidth hog!

YEP!

My introduction to slsk went like this:

<Debaser> pab. slsk. now.

.. so I did. And yes, he immediately got on the "you are a bandwidth hog" band-wagon. cheeky sod. tongue.gif
Sun Tsu
Anyone remember....

THIS??????

I'll never forget how fun that was to make.

GLING!!!!!! laugh.gif
Pixelgoth
OK here's another one. I found this link here on the board (somewhere in Media) and it just sums up my trip to Birmingham with the gang and more specifically InKy and Dayan!

I believe.....

Enjoy people biggrin.gif
leopold
The name of the band'll come to me soon enough, I guess, but I remembered him tellin a few of us about this hat he'd bought - strange fuzzy thing it was. And he had a gown of theirs as well. He showed us a pic of the hat. We wanted a pic of him wearin it but he refused.

At the meet, he wore the hat for a short time. Then, as we left Pizza Hut, he put on the gown, an I took a piccy of him (with Inky) in it.

Sadly we'd lost the rest of the party by this time, and we spent some time on a busy shopping street in Birmingham looking like a right bunch of twats. Especially with inky trying to look as conspicuous as possible for the rest of the group to see us, but without drawing unnecessary attention. He failed. Oh, and we got that thing from that chick who tapped us for money to save some animals or some such. Dayan, remember the Cannibal Sex Kitty pic, mate?

And I just remembered the band: The Polyphonic Spree. I knew I'd get there in the end!
leopold
Oh, one more... it wasn't really a competition to see who was best at shakin fists, I embellished a tad, but once Debs had shook his fist at me, everyone wanted a go. The pics on this page are the shots of such encounters that I was able to see and take a decent picture of. I was impressed to get this many. laugh.gif

Here's to the undefeated Matazone fist-shaking champion...
WeeJ

The famous glass eyeball in the drink. He kept that eyeball in a little box full of cotton wool laugh.gif

The 'I'm going to spew' picture (The bottom one)
Pixelgoth
FANTASTIC!!! Those pictures bring back so many memories. I'm sure Dayan would love this! biggrin.gif
Phyllis
The vandal!

This is one of my favorite Dayan pics. He looks so proud of himself for that bit of vandalism. happy.gif I printed this one out and stuck it in my photo album.
Sun Tsu
This is another good 'un. laugh.gif
Phyllis
Ice in the pants!

I love that look on his face.

There was also something about Dr. Pepper. I never quite knew the whole story, but from what SPS and I pieced together from what the both of us knew, it made us laugh quite a bit!
Pikasyuu
You sure it weren't another oral sex aid?

You know Dayan and the peach trick.. I'm just glad he did it. But with no cream! Arghhhhh.
Phyllis
QUOTE (syuu @ Nov 28 2003, 11:36 AM)
You sure it weren't another oral sex aid?

Hmm...who knows.

I do remember something about it ending up all over the floor though..lol.
kidvicious2punk
i'll never forget when he got in that stereotype-war thingie with rebecca...

and he told me what a wanker was....

lol... laugh.gif

irriplaceable...
Pikasyuu
He ought to like this.

I'm setting up for a tattoo right quick, one done by a friend hopefully for a slight price.

"Debaser" written across my right breast in either black old english or some other fitting style of writing. Now that's going to be lovely.

edit - I should also add his bomber man somewhere.
CommieBastard
QUOTE (syuu @ Nov 29 2003, 03:54 AM)
"Debaser" written across my right breast in either black old english or some other fitting style of writing. Now that's going to be lovely.

I thought it was going to be your left?
LoLo
I haven't posted here yet because where to begin is the hard part. Dayan has been around for as long as I can remember and there are just so many memories that I have that involved him. So let's see if I can do some of the more decent ones that still give me a giggle.

Well when the thread was started about who was better looking, Kiefer or Jason, I remember the arguments that took place between Debs and I. It didn't just take place on the forums, although what did take place began to be quite humorous. He and I sat there editting eachothers posts for the longest time, so the thread didn't really move, but the argument continued on. We tried to make it sound like the other said the other one was wrong by editting their posts. It was fun. In the end we called a truce and left our last editted posts up. In IRC we sat there and changed the room topics to things like Kiefer > Jason. I don't know if I'm remembering this correctly but I do believe he kicked me a few times during this.

During the good ole truth or dare games, I was dared to create Random_Trout to flirt with me and I came off all psycho and in the end everyone found out it was me. I remember before people found out it was me, (and later Cand, Leo, and Missy) that I dared Debs to try and wooo the Troutman and get him to marry him. In the end the wedding took place, but I think that was after everyone knew the truth about the Troutman. Later when the Troutman was brought back for comediac purposes Debs would throw a fit if the Troutman would flirt or have sex with other people, based on the fact that he was married to Debs.

A recent one was discussing the difference of cereals in IRC with Debs and SPS. I was trying to figure out what to eat before work and asked if I should have Coco Puffs or Corn Pops. Well there being that whole culture gap neither of them really knew what the other was. They did have a vague idea of Coco Puffs, seeing as in England there are Coco Pops, but upon finding a picture of Coco Puffs, Debs said, wow those are big. He was even more amazed at the size of Corn Pops. I ended up eating the Coco Puffs and later the remaining milk soured and left a horrid stench for me to try and figure out where it came from in my room.

The thing though that sticks in my mind the best though, is just the fact that Debs was always there in the chat room. If no one else was there, or at least no one else was talking, I could always count on Debs to talk to me and just simply joke around with me. I wish I could have been there more for him like he was for me. He made my days better, and was just such a welcoming presence whenever I would see him online.
Sun Tsu
He ought to like this.

I'm setting up for a tattoo right quick, one done by a friend hopefully for a slight price.

Yeah, I was going to get his name on my arm in 2 or 3 years, when i'm the right age.....he would have loved that....I think it's 16 to get one, so i've not too far left to go....
vicrawr
Dolphin sex and bukakke. I learned my lesson. Oh yes, how I learned. And I'll never forget.
Pikasyuu
QUOTE (CommieBastard @ Nov 30 2003, 12:21 AM)

I thought it was going to be your left?

It was, but then I looked down and realized that what I meant as my left was my right, and that it would be easier on my right and apparently closer to my heart, and I learned my right from my left at an extremely late age.

Go figure.
CommieBastard
I thought the heart was over to the left?

Anyway.

Best. Dayan. Picture. Ever.

I think I took that. Might have been someone else, though.
Pikasyuu
Are you serious? I should think before asigning a breast to his name. xX;;..

AND CAN EVERYONE SEE THAT THIGH? ..

My God. Get me a fan and a corkscrew.
CommieBastard
Also, one of Dayan and I together on the same night. Yes, that's costume. I don't normally dress like that.
kidvicious2punk
man...

it seems so long ago since i talked to him...

he would want me to be happy so im trying...

i hope he's doing alright..
Sun Tsu
QUOTE (CommieBastard @ Nov 29 2003, 10:18 PM)

HAHAHAHAHAHA laugh.gif

Wow, he really got that hand routine down. biggrin.gif
werewolf3361
QUOTE (Sun Tsu @ Nov 30 2003, 03:39 AM)
QUOTE (CommieBastard @ Nov 29 2003, 10:18 PM)

HAHAHAHAHAHA laugh.gif

Wow, he really got that hand routine down. biggrin.gif

rofl...... i agree.... oh wow... that's great... laugh.gif
Phyllis
QUOTE (CommieBastard @ Nov 29 2003, 02:26 PM)
Also, one of Dayan and I together on the same night. Yes, that's costume. I don't normally dress like that.

Sean...I love that hat. If I were a gay vampire, I know it's what I would wear. Yep.

And yes I see that thigh, Syuu! And I have to agree...that is the best Dayan pic ever. happy.gif
MoonlightSavingsTime
QUOTE (CommieBastard @ Nov 29 2003, 02:18 PM)

Wow, that's one helluva a boob job too. *gawks*
Prince Aries
QUOTE (CommieBastard @ Nov 29 2003, 04:26 PM)

The moment I saw this, Manson's cover of "I Put A Spell On You" popped into me head. Total class if ever I saw it.
magikeyes14
QUOTE (CommieBastard @ Nov 29 2003, 03:18 PM)

Anyway.

damn.. nice legs... really nice *laughs* Debs was a hot guy. veyr hot.. made a hot gurl too... wow im jealous happy.gif
Pikasyuu
QUOTE (magikeyes14 @ Nov 30 2003, 06:44 PM)

Anyway.

damn.. nice legs... really nice *laughs* Debs was a hot guy. veyr hot.. made a hot gurl too... wow im jealous happy.gif

Precisely. That's why when chanserv wore dresses, they weren't mine.

Dayan makes a lovely man and lass, he's just got that unisex cherub face.
kidvicious2punk
QUOTE (magikeyes14 @ Nov 29 2003, 10:44 PM)

Anyway.

lmao..

man that was neither disturbingly akward nor dissatisfying! tongue.gif

i cant believe ive never seen that one before...

[EDIT]

http://ekofisk.stanford.edu/photos/brigham...small/pants.jpg

omg..i remember when debs dared me to post this in the pictures of yourself thread...

i was like laughing soooo hard.. biggrin.gif
porcelainwarrior
He ought to like this.

argh!!! so damn freaked out!!! i did that on tuesday and wednesday with a black marker...in all spiky writing...damn you katii!!! wierdness.....

but youre way braver than me...gah...tattoo...needles...eurgh...

im sure itll be lovely...i liked it on me anyways tongue.gif
Sun Tsu
Beebo, The Cat What Has Facial Hair!

This was one of Dayan's favorite flash series'. Highly reccomended, become as obsessed with it as I am. biggrin.gif
Pikasyuu
Bump.

Random Dayan Memory #873632784

When ChanServ first came about as our illegitimate child.

Dayan: Bleah.. bad son..
syuu: What?! But he's my son!
Dayan: ...
syuu: That can only mean ..
Dayan: ............
syuu: Oh Dayan, we did a bad thing. >_>
Dayan: I know. I have the videotape.

And then the videotape joke spanned. Maybe none of you know it, but we stayed up one night in Yahoo making up pairings. Yes, Missy and Cand were involved. Yes, Jaq and Cheez were involved. These imaginary videotapes became very, very risque oO;;

But I still stand by the fact that HE dragged ME into the van with the liquor and the ropes and the fetisha.

Eeeevil Dayan.
Tarantio
Most vivid memory of Dayan:

the utterly bemused look on his face when, after finally finding each other in Manchester, the first thing i did was bear hug him...
Tarantio
In fact, i reckon I should write a bit about the day i met the debaser in person (and his mother too, yes indeed!). It was one of those magical days that sticks in your memory for ever and ever, and all for the right reasons. First off I would never have even gone to Manc if it weren't for Dayan. He told me he was going to see the manics and i said "Where, when?" and had the ticket booked within a week. We hastily arranged to meet in the grounds somewhere (which didnt work out, by the way) and set out to meet and greet. I remember the trip there clearly, aided, of course, by my scribblings in my journal, which, i suppose, i can share with you all:
"So hello there July (my journal has a personality, you see... please remember i AM a disturbed and disturbing individual). I'm on the road at the moment, on a long bus journey to Manchester. To see the Manics again. Which is nice, despite all the hassle involved in getting the whole soiree organised.
"Scenery is at a bit of a low - fields, fields and, yes, you guessed it, more fields, and the company on the bus is... stale. There was a small and unimportant music war, ended abruptly not too long after it began and i have a very sore neck from 'not sleeping' in a bad position.
"But hey, I'm going to see the Manics again. Life is rosy."
I made my way, eventually, to the cricket ground. I and a few people that came off my bus were quite early (three hours), so we were quite near the front of the queue and could see everyone coming off the trains. I spent those three hours looking - fruitlessly - for Dayan arriving.
So the concert started and i was in the front row for the first band (Kinesis... they sucked...), and went walkies in between them and the next act. It was during the second break that i was sitting way up near the back and i saw this black SB t-shirt moving slowly through the throng with what appeared to be a black mop sitting atop it. I ran over to catch him before he disappeared again. Thats when i grabbed him and hugged him - he looked so damn funny then, a mix of confusion, embarrassment and annoyance (he had spent the first two acts, including the Mars Volta, looking for me...). We quickly proceeded forward to catch the next act, one i really wanted Dayan to see, not knowing whether or not he had ever listened to them. This was Teenage Fanclub (the Fannies), a Scottish band of almost legendary status, and it was the first time i had ever seen them live.
After that we went to get drinks and food, Dayan tapping his mother (and introducing us) for money. I remember he was so disappointed when the staff wouldnt serve him beer - not that he missed much, sinse it stank anyway. he had to make do with coke, and was further annoyed that they wouldnt let him keep the lid for the bottle either.
So we stood through Super Furry Animals with our drinks, chatting when it was quiet about the bands and about our trips there and such, all the while i was acting like a five year old telling him that when the Manics came on he was "in for a real treat" like i was some sort of live-show vet... heh, i was doing it coz i was worked up for it as much as i was trying to get him worked up too. When the Manics finally came on, we were pretty near the front. i remember i had my bag with me (i had food in it and i take the damn thing everywhere i go anyway) and it had my jacket in it oo, incase it rained. all in all it was absolutely huge and weighed a ton, so i couldnt put it on my back or leave it lying around... so what was i forced to do? thats right kiddies, i spent an entire Manics gig with this ton weight, complete with jagged edges and protruding objets, stuck between my legs, jumping up and down and being thrown about by the crowd all the while. Dayan got right into the spirit of it, and the crowd was pretty good despite being small and the songs all being b-sides (except a few Manics classics such as Design for Life). We had such a great time then... i was really on a high afterwards, and i really wanted to spend more time together.
Alas that chance has passed for me, and although i would want more time with him, i cannot deny that what little time we had was the most memorable of my life. It feels so belittling that the only person i shared that experience with has gone now, that *our* memory has become merely *my* memory. I guess thats why i wanted to share it with you guys. Some of you knew Dayan better than me or spent more time with him, and some of you might not have, but I, in my humble opinion, consider myself blessed to have shared such a joyous experience with such a unique and insightful young man. Dayan will live forever, at least as long as our memories are happy ones. I can only hope that they have the Pixies wherever he's gone, otherwise some higher power is going to be getting a right earful.

To Dayan. May his peace upset heaven and earth alike, to the sound of a good chune.
leopold
QUOTE (Tarantio @ Dec 2 2003, 02:10 PM)
This was Teenage Fanclub (the Fannies), a Scottish band of almost legendary status, and it was the first time i had ever seen them live.

Were they any good? I saw them in Sheffield about 10 years ago an they kicked some serious arse! Oh, an did D-man like them too?

(That's a pretty cool memory anyway, tarantio... and now you've shared it with us all, it's not just yours any more, it belongs to everyone)

I keep remembering little bits of stuff but forgetting them by the time I can record them somewhere. Damn my feeble brain! But I do remember that at the meet, Dayan, Inky and I were pretty much bantering amongst ourselves right from the start, as everyone else sort of looked on or whatever. We all seemed to click very quickly (prolly cos of all the chatting previously) and we all stuck pretty much together the whole night.
Tarantio
yeah Dayan really liked them. Everyone in the crowd was commenting on how cool the lead singer was... despite the fact that he was like the overfriendly father-type. Good music though.
Sarah the Spider
I just found out what happened, since I haven't been on the computer since about two weeks ago. I'm sorry that this comes so late, as you have all been dealing with this already and I didn't know. I didn't know where else to put this, so I'll just put this here.

I couldn't believe it, I've been crying for five or ten minutes. The best memory I have of him was when he put his picture of him dressed in drag up online and I told him it turned me on and I was confused by which gender was doing it, LoL, then he winked at me. That was so funny...

I miss you Dayan. I wish I had gotten to know him better, but I'm glad I knew him at all.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.