Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wake For Board Members In London
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2
Mata
For anyone who can get to London on Monday and wishes to do so then I and few others will be meeting up in The World's End, Camden, at 8:30pm for a few hours.

All are welcome to come along.
WeeJ
I feel I need to be there but there's no way I'll be allowed the time off from work.
I've asked Sean to represent me being as I can't attend.

I owe Dayan more than this.
Mata
We understand and I know he would've too.
WeeJ
That's not the point.
I'm a friend of Dayan's and I should be there.
Sir Psycho Sexy
I feel I should be there, I'm making it to the service in the morning but the train don't look too promising

Edit: looks like i can't make it, last train from cardiff is not very late so i'd have to leave london early, how sad sad.gif
Mata
Jonman has sent me some money to get a couple of rounds in. Being 5000 miles away means that popping over would certainly be tricky.

It's at the start of a working week, we all understand if people can't make it, and as I said before I know Dayan would have understood too. As I said before, anyone who can get there will be very welcome, but even if you can't make it that's okay, give him a thought and wish him well on his way.
Spacehappy
I'll try to make it, but on this short notice getting time off maybe hard. That's if noone has objections to me going.
monkey_called_narth
for peple that cant go, im releasing ballons (5) on monday and if anyone wants to join me in doing this feel free to do so.
acidteardrop
i spoke to krys about that. i myself am releasing at least one red balloon, tied to it will be a red rose.
saucy_tara
Those are lovely ideas, I think I'm gonna have a day of listening to Pixies and the Darkness, then go down to the river and drop a single rose into the water......
Sun Tsu
I have'nt quite figured out what i'm going to do for Monday....i'll think of something....

I'm sorry that I can't make it to The World's End, but imagine me there in spirit....
WeeJ
I think Monday's going to be a day of reflection for everyone. What time is the service?
Phyllis
I'm going to do the blowing out a candle idea that I mentioned in the thread in Issues. And of course I'm going to have "Debaser" on repeat.

I'll definitely be there with you guys in spirit.
MistressAlti
being american, of course i can't attend... though Lord knows I'd sell my soul if I could...

I'll think of something to do for Monday. Hold my own personal service.

But of course, with you all in spirit...
simply,I'm a spastic
Even though I didn't know Dayan very well,i still shared the odd random rant with him,and feel I should pay my respects.I will somehow find my way to Camden,I'll have to get time out of college,but seeing as I didn't make it to the last "Matazone Meet" (did that ever happen by the way?) I don't think I'll recognise any faces.........is it possible to wear badges or something saying our forum names,there's way too many of us for me to remember all your real names,sorry!
CommieBastard
I'll wear my Little Goth Girl t-shirt, you'll recognise me by that.
Pikasyuu
I'll be the one constantly reapplying mascara if I make it.

I'm still trying to get on a plane to London. If I don't make it for that, I'll at least make the service. I just wish some family member would understand.
Jaq
Of course I can't make it, but I'll be thinking of all of you and of Dayan.

Don't know what I'll do on monday. Times like these I wish we all lived in the same place.
monkey_called_narth
yeah i wish we all did too, i ordered dayan a yellow rose (yellow for freinds red for family white for babies... its a carlinville thing)
hinsley
im doing my best to get the money for the train and a hotel room so i hopefully will be there. if my aunt doesnt lend me some im gonna have to ask some old friends to which doesnt look promising but hopefully ill get some.
leopold
Gah! I've got next to no chance of bein able to make it... bloody work mad.gif

/me shakes my fist at the entire world for gettin in the way

*sigh*

I'll think of summat I can do... might find the local church and light a candle for him over the weekend. I think Mancehster Cathedral will be a good bet.
the lil' pie fairy
i think i'll hold my own thoughtful silence...is it at 8:30am?
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (leopold @ Nov 27 2003, 10:03 AM)
I'll think of summat I can do... might find the local church and light a candle for him over the weekend. I think Mancehster Cathedral will be a good bet.

Leo if you wanna meet in Manchester this weekend for a drink to Dayan then let me know as I'll be over that way!

I honestly can't get the time off to get to London sad.gif I WILL be thinking of him though.
CommieBastard
QUOTE (the lil' pie fairy @ Nov 27 2003, 12:27 PM)
i think i'll hold my own thoughtful silence...is it at 8:30am?

The funeral is at 11:30am, the wake at 8:30 pm.
ravein
well since I am state side with no passport.. Ill be missing this one... but if you will... do me a favor... someone take a shot of tequila that I was planning to take with Dayan when I finally met him...
Sir Psycho Sexy
QUOTE (ravein @ Nov 27 2003, 09:59 PM)
well since I am state side with no passport.. Ill be missing this one... but if you will... do me a favor... someone take a shot of tequila that I was planning to take with Dayan when I finally met him...

ok, but you owe me....i hate tequilla >_<

update, i'll be at the wake also, thanks to the use of sean's sofa smile.gif
Mata

Right-ho. One round of tequila it is.
spiffilicious05
well since I am state side with no passport.. Ill be missing this one... but if you will... do me a favor...

ditto...can someone light a candle for him for me please? I'd really appriciate it, I casually mentioned to my mom that i'd like to go to london for the weekend to attend a funeral and she said i was off my rocker sad.gif

I really wish I could be there although I didn't know dayan well, this whole thing still seems just so surreal - its like im expecting someone to yell wake up or say ok the jokes up guys... sad.gif

:::sighs:::
ravein
QUOTE (Mata @ Nov 27 2003, 07:34 PM)

Right-ho. One round of tequila it is.

ok, but you owe me....i hate tequilla >_<

smile.gif thanks guys... I wish I could be there...
hugs and kisses
-Selma
Pixelgoth
Bleurgh, tequilla *vom* That stuff is lethal! Mind you, if Dayan was there you just know he'd be drinking far too much of it and falling over lots biggrin.gif

Have a drink for me Mata!

I can't make either the funeral or the wake as work is just too busy sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif I am thinking of sending money to charity rather than sending flowers. Do you think it would be the right thing to send it to a troubled teens or suicide help group??? I don't know unsure.gif
Pab
Do you think it would be the right thing to send it to a troubled teens or suicide help group??? I don't know

dunno either, pixiegoth, but I'd say YES, since you're asking.
hinsley
could someone please PM me the address for the funeral.

and does anyne know the nearest hotel to The Worlds End that isnt 8 million quid?

Im not actually supoosed to drink but i think i might be 'forgetting' that,.
leopold
I'll be takin a moment to think of Dayan an everyone else here at 11:30 (in about 20 minutes time).

I lit a candle fer him at Manchester Cathedral yesterday, an I also lit one for me friend Harriet, who died on xmas eve 5 years ago.
WeeJ
Me too Lee. But our friends are there representing us. Dayan knows we'de give up our right arms to pay our respects.
Pixelgoth
Likewise smile.gif

I've lit my candle, I've started my CD and I'm thinking about him.

I remember my Gran's funeral in January. I remember thinking that if she could talk to us now she'd tell us all to go home and stop being silly. I wonder what Dayan would be making of it? Probably thinking about when he can get his hands on the tequila and a glass to put the eye ball in laugh.gif
WeeJ
He's probably laughing at all our cheesy memorial signatures laugh.gif
Mata
More likely he'd be singing along with my ones smile.gif
Spacehappy
I can't make it as i wished all, but my flowers should be there. Someone Raise a pint of stella or even better a Glenfeddich for me please (No not a pint a single will do).
porcelainwarrior
im (obviously) not there either but i sent flowers from katii and i - i dont want the rest of you guys to get too drunk but someone can hug everyone for me if they like tongue.gif
Pikasyuu
He ought to sing with mine to, I did get the lyrics from his post in favourites.

Everyone, good luck at World's End. I think it an extremely fitting name, and I'll be with all of you in spirit.

Have a very, very Dayan time.
vicrawr
I dunno what to do to honor him besides listening to music, so being the weirdo that I am, he'll be getting a 21 gun salute before school.
Phyllis
QUOTE (Pixiegoth @ Dec 1 2003, 04:13 AM)
I remember my Gran's funeral in January. I remember thinking that if she could talk to us now she'd tell us all to go home and stop being silly. I wonder what Dayan would be making of it? Probably thinking about when he can get his hands on the tequila and a glass to put the eye ball in laugh.gif

lol...I've been thinking about how Dayan would probably alternately thwap me (for some of the memories I've shared) and hug me (to comfort me cause I'm upset).

Suddenly this just all became very real. Up until now, I had a hard time believing it. I wrote Dayan a four page letter last night...maybe that made it more real, I don't know. Let's see...8:30 PM Brit time would be 12:30 PM my time (1:30 Mountain, 2:30 Central, and 3:30 Eastern in case anyone else was wondering). I think that'll be the time when I blow my candle out. Seems fitting that way. Take care at World's End, everyone...like I said before, I'll be with you in spirit.
Pixelgoth
I went to the pub last night and, again, raised a jar to Dayan smile.gif When we sat down at the table the doors to the kitchen area opened and they were playing "I believe in a thing called love". Spooky! I reckon he's following me just to give me a good thwaping biggrin.gif
leopold
I think he was tryin to stop me gettin to work yesterday mornin - stuck in traffic for 90 minutes fer a 5 mile journey... and that choon played as I queued, which raised a smile.

Touchin YOOOOooooooOOOOU
Touchin MEEEEEeeeeeeEEEEEE
Tarantio
Funny actually, ive been reading one of Neil Gaiman's Sandman books called, after the tavern in the stories, Worlds End. Its about a place where people - and creatures - from every place imaginable meet up. To pass the time until they can leave, they tell each other stories about their lives, or about something they find funny, touching, creepy, or just relevant. It would be a nice tribute to Dayan, I think, if perhaps next year again we could have the chance to meet in the same pub and tell each other our stories. I think Dayan would be happy knowing we were getting closer for his sake. And i would just like to meet the rest of you sinse ive missed every meet so far!
Sir Psycho Sexy
I had very much fun at the meet, even though it was only mata, barry, sean and myself (for shame! tongue.gif) moderate amounts of beer were consumed and it turns out tequila isn't as bad as i remember but anyway, there is a funny story to be told...but maybe i should clear it with sean first...hehehe tongue.gif oh and i have a complete set of matazone badges and you all have NONE!* MUAH-HAHAHAHA

....k bai

(*with the exception of mata, barry and sean and mata's friend dan >_>)
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (Sir_Psycho_Sexy @ Dec 2 2003, 05:29 PM)
i have a complete set of matazone badges and you all have NONE!

I want some badges too! sad.gif *sulks*
CommieBastard
QUOTE (Tarantio @ Dec 2 2003, 02:17 PM)
Funny actually, ive been reading one of Neil Gaiman's Sandman books called, after the tavern in the stories, Worlds End. Its about a place where people - and creatures - from every place imaginable meet up. To pass the time until they can leave, they tell each other stories about their lives, or about something they find funny, touching, creepy, or just relevant.

Gaiman, I believe, is a Londoner, so I expect that's deliberate.

And no, Pat, there are no stories. None.

And tequila is f*cking horrible. Thanks, Selma. Thanks a bunch.
Mata
QUOTE (CommieBastard @ Dec 3 2003, 12:38 AM)
Gaiman, I believe, is a Londoner, so I expect that's deliberate.

Yeah, he grew up nearby where I did, in fact the Big spooky looking house in 'The Doll's House' is based visually on the school myself and Jonman used to attend.

I know for sure that Sean and I both had stinking hangovers today, I don't know about the other two... I think Dayan would be having a good chuckle at our expense as we grope for the pain killers...
CommieBastard
QUOTE (Mata @ Dec 3 2003, 01:24 AM)
I know for sure that Sean and I both had stinking hangovers today, I don't know about the other two... I think Dayan would be having a good chuckle at our expense as we grope for the pain killers...

THERE ARE NO PAINKILLERS IN THIS HOUSE

THIS IS A HOUSE OF EVIL
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.