Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Know Your Posters
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2
spiffilicious05
Okay, in honnor of Dayan, I am proposing a movement where we all get to know eachother, every one of us. I know most of us already know eachother, but some not to the extent we could, and some of us don't really know eachother at all. Personally, I didn't know Dayan that well, but after all that I've read and seen, he was obviously a great guy. I think that it would do well to honor his memory with something like this. So, I'm asking everyone here to pm, im, ym, or email someone you don't know very well here. Reach out to everyone.

If we can learn anything from this experience it's that Dayan taught us how valuble life really is, and we shouldn't waste a minute of it. We should make the most of it, and make the most of others' lives as well.

So, as I said, if you don't know someone very well, don't be afraid to reach out and talk to them, send them a hug smile.gif , or just a kind word. It could really make their day, your day, and you could make a best friend.

@-}--->--->----- for dayan
MistressAlti
I know that one of the things Dayan really liked about these boards is that we were a community. I think anything that could be done to strengthen that community is an excellent way of honoring his memory.
Sun Tsu
Bumping this a bit. This is an excellent idea, there's nothing like strength in numbers.
Edward_lover1200
I agree...come on people...lets start bonding...
spiffilicious05
thanks guys, if anyone wants to get to know me better just pm me

or my aim names are spiffyrwr87 and far2many tears

my yahoo name is frozentears2005 (but my laptop that has yahoo installed on it is temp out of service)

laugh.gif this is a great way to get us closer than we already are - so let's get to it guys
CommieBastard
See all the buttons along the bottom of the post? Well, ignore everything but MSN. That's the only one I use. Talk to me, people!
CrissiLove
That is a really great idea! Erm.... Okay, I'm probably too chicken to PM anyone, but if anyone wants to talk or anything, feel free to PM me.... smile.gif lol
gerbilfromhell
this really is a great way of honoring dayan's memory. i am definitelly going to do this. anyone, PM/IM (gerbilfromhell54)/e-mail me whenever i'm online and just talk. get to know me, like the thread says. i'll give you my cell # if you ask.

seriously, spiffilicious, this was a great idea. good job
kidvicious2punk
great idea biggrin.gif

i know there are a few of you guys on here i dun know all too well..

but i hope we get to bond!
magikeyes14
Great idea Spiffy *hugs for everyone* im a little to chicken to PM anyone, but feel free to YIM/AIM/PM me anytime... happy.gif
Pikasyuu
I'm syuu. I'm very simple and usually caring and attentive to detail. I like people, lots. I liked Dayan more than I'll like anyone else just because he was more than a person, which goes without saying.

My aim is washuubi, email is iatemidnight@yahoo.com, and my YIM is iatemidnight.
FurryMammal
im finn, and no that isnt a prosthetic name. or a prosthetic limb. or anything. dry.gif

iv only got AIM, me being the computer whizz i am dry.gif its about the only thing this heap of plastic can handle. i dont mind IM people if they know im gonna.... if its just randomly then i have no idea what to say first, then i either make a fool of myself or come off as someone different. which aint too good, you know wink.gif

anyway, if anyone wants to talk to me im up for it biggrin.gif
spiffilicious05
laugh.gif thanks for the support guys!

::huggles all:::

i really do think its a good idea that we get to know eachother even better
Prince Aries
QUOTE (MistressAlti @ Nov 28 2003, 12:03 PM)
I know that one of the things Dayan really liked about these boards is that we were a community. I think anything that could be done to strengthen that community is an excellent way of honoring his memory.

Amen. I couldn't have said it better myself. Another idea, since we're all throwing around screen names and the like...what about a revival of sorts of the Yahoo Chats? Those were always incredibly great, and were a large part of how I not only got to know many people here, but how I first forged my friendship with Dayan. I know not everyone uses Y! Messenger (because it sucks) but it's an idea at least. And besides....my subwoofer has been lonely without Mr Vibey happy.gif
spiffilicious05
I have yahoo instant messanger, but it's on my laptop which is currently broken, so I don't know when I can get on yahoo again. For some odd reason my desktop won't let me download yahoo, but if anyone wants to chat on aol/aim i can do that. tongue.gif or pm - but once my yahoo is working again feel free to message me!
werewolf3361
QUOTE (spiffilicious05 @ Nov 29 2003, 04:09 AM)
I have yahoo instant messanger, but it's on my laptop which is currently broken, so I don't know when I can get on yahoo again. For some odd reason my desktop won't let me download yahoo, but if anyone wants to chat on aol/aim i can do that. tongue.gif or pm - but once my yahoo is working again feel free to message me!

all you have to do for chat is go to the yahoo website... smile.gif and sign in there.. it'll let you on... well usually when yahoo's not being a pain... lol
MoonlightSavingsTime
I like this idea of PMing everyone and trying to get to know people better from the boards. I truly regret not getting to know Dayan on a more personal level. I read his posts, but that's about the extent of it. I'm going to resolve to PM several of you, if only to "break the ice" or whatever. I hardly know anyone here, outside of what I read in your posts, and that's not all too well I guess.
antagony
I hardly know anyone here either... if someone would PM me that would be great. I'd probably be too shy to start a conversation on my own...
saucy_tara
This is a really excellent idea, so I'm going to pin this thread in order that we don't forget that we are THE MATAZONE FAMILY!!!!!!!!! biggrin.gif
Polocrunch
Hey, if you want talk to me then you should follow the Path of the Tiger and chat to me on MSN Messenger. There's a bunch of stuff about me on the Official A/S/L Thread if you feel the need to know more. I should be coming to the Meet with Commie, so I'd like to talk to anyone going.
And thanks spiffy (idea theif! I came up with this, dammit!), this was a really great (stolen tongue.gif ) idea. I would also suggest that when we post, we post a response to other people's posts as well as posting our own opinions. That way we will interact more, and blah blah blah. You get the idea.
CommieBastard
Dude, you could all, like, come round to my pad...I have this radical bong, and all these old kung fu movies, and we could all get totally wasted, oh man that would be cool.

Ahem. Yes. On MSN, I am ribbons@urban-freakshow.com. I am also one of the proprietors of Urban Freakshow, the forums of which could use some fresh blood.

Edit: Oh yes, and should you feel the need to invade my personal life, I have a Livejournal account in the name of ohnefuehlen.
spiffilicious05
all you have to do for chat is go to the yahoo website...  and sign in there.. it'll let you on... well usually when yahoo's not being a pain... lol

tongue.gif - no - see, you don't understand. My desktop has a virus and pretty much the only thing that works on here is aol. It won't let me download yahoo dry.gif sad.gif

stupid computers

they are the root of all evil smile.gif ph34r.gif
LoLo
Great Idea. I know I personally don't feel like I know many people anymore, and those that I do know I feel like I'm growing distant with. That's one of the things that I regret with Dayan. So feel free to PM or whatever. Maybe I'll get the balls up to PM some people like I used to.
porcelainwarrior
i think this is a great idea...ive been thinking a lot about my friends since tuesday and i realised that i love this place but barely know most of the members who post regularly and i feel bad about that...

my YIM is porcelain_warrior and my msn messenger is gothic_fae_child@hotmail.com (terrible name i know...)

i also have a livejournal in the name broken_warrior, theres a link in my sig for anyone who cares...
phoenix
hi, i'm phoenix (emily in real life) all my Y!, msn, and aim IDs are in my profile. you can always do the pm conversation thing with me as well, eben if im not on the forum, i'm most likly online so i will know that you sent one and will reply asap. if i dont chances are i'm at work, or school but, i'll reply back when i check my mail. i also have a cell if anyone wants to call, but you'll need to pm me for that.

we are family here, our bond wil keep us strong.

much love to you all,
phoenix
Faerieryn
Hi guys I think this is a great idea. People are welcome to IM me. My id is ryn@faeriering.fslife.co.uk my standard name is faerieryn (obviously) but I sometimes use my standard name of Ryn.
I'm really excited at the thought of talking to more poeple so feel free. I'm not sure how I would go about Iming anyone else but if you would liek me to just PM me here.
Luv Ryn
chester
assuming anyone would want to talk to me, my yahoo name is i_be_chester and my aim name (which im on most of all) is freakishlypink. if anyone here has read my posts you might be able to tell that im pretty shy around most of the people on this forum because i respect you all so much. if anyone would care to communicate with me in any way i wouldnt have any problem with it. id love to talk with any of you. smile.gif
CommieBastard
Just tossing it on the plate to see if anybody puts mustard on it, but a fair few people have Livejournals - should Matazone have a Livejournal community?
spiffilicious05
sure why not - if you want to read my live journal though you have to gimme your name because i have it set up so only friends can read it now.
Phyllis
QUOTE (CommieBastard @ Nov 29 2003, 05:01 PM)
Just tossing it on the plate to see if anybody puts mustard on it, but a fair few people have Livejournals - should Matazone have a Livejournal community?

I think that'd be a good idea (though I don't have one myself). Another much smaller forum that I go to has one.

Meanwhile...as for the original topic of this thread...I think it's a great idea. I have randomly PMed two people so far...yay me! Well, one wasn't so random, but it still counts. I already posted this on another thread, but meh I'll post all of my messenger info here too. MSN: sansyet@hotmail.com, Yahoo: yah00_hates_candice, AIM: candiita

Voila. I rarely have all 3 turned on at once, but usually at least one is open whenever I'm on. I'm not scary, so ya don't have to be shy. I promise I'll be nice. smile.gif
Rattgirl
Well....yeah, I'm kinda realizing (like Lo) that I've drifted kinda far away lately. Even when I'm participating I really don't feel like I know anyone that I'm participating with...

and since the whole purpose of my joining these forums was because I wanted to get to know all of the others out there who, like me, enjoyed the things that Mata has done...well, it seems like it's kinda stupid to not actively try to get to know all of you.

My AIM is ChuChuBreeder, MSN is pstrmrtm23@hotmail.com, and I have a YIM name of goddessofwheee but I don't have YIM right now so I wouldn't suggest trying to contact me there wink.gif But anyone can email me or msg me at anytime when I'm on. I love talking!
MoonlightSavingsTime
QUOTE (Polocrunch @ Nov 29 2003, 05:23 AM)
I would also suggest that when we post, we post a response to other people's posts as well as posting our own opinions. That way we will interact more, and blah blah blah. You get the idea.

I've always tried to do that, because I remember on previous message boards that I've been a part of, I always felt left out because sometimes it's hard to tell when/if someone has actually read or addressed one's own posting. I like to mention specific names of people whose posts I'm responding to or whatnot, just because a quick acknowledgment can go a long way sometimes. That's how I feel, at least.
Polocrunch
That's exactly it, Moonlight - you never really feel accepted unless people post in direct response to your posts. Dropping a name is surprisingly gratifying.
Sir Psycho Sexy
oooh...i was wondering why i kept getting random forumites adding me to their lists....i'll add somemore people when i get round to it...well when i get to wales
Pikasyuu
Okay kids, syuu now has MSN like everybody else.

My name on it is iatemidnight@hotmail.com .. I don't know how to do much on it yet for not trying, but don't be offended if I don't IM right away.
leopold
This is a great idea, an I only wish I had more time to do this meself - RL has got a pretty tight grip on me these days, so I dun do the IM thing any more.

But if anyone wants me then ya can PM me (which I'll get eventually) or email me at leopold@leagueofish.co.uk.

If anyone can be arsed to read me blog, I have a new LiveJournal which I will update as often as I can (so that'll be once every two months then! laugh.gif ) and there's no restrictions or anything on it so everyone can have a butchers at it.

And I also have an old DeadJournal (hitherto undisclosed to everyone but Crissi) which I updated last week but hadn't done for a good while. It's not me fave cos there's some stuff in there that is really crapola, but I prefer the username. Oddly...

Apologies fer bein a total craphound an not contactin people more...
the lil' pie fairy
this is definitely the kind of thing i'd love, to get to know people on here better smile.gif
my buttons are at the bottom of my posts, but my msn is chilli_cookie@hotmail.com, you can email me on that as well, or alternatively (if it says i have no space) at secretive_fairy@hotmail.com...

i might consider getting YIM but i'm not on v.often at home so i'll stick to saying hello in the chatroom and trying to find people on there.

if anyone wants to PM me i'm good with that, it'd be great, and i'll give you pie rolleyes.gif although i ought to stop eating so much of it!

charlotte xxxx
Pixelgoth
It's a shame but I am very rarely on YIM or MSN as my computer is at work and I can't keep these things open.

If people want to send me an email it's best to PM me and I'll give you my work email (it's only for me to see). It's the quickest way smile.gif

Thinking of you ALL today!
WeeJ
Most of you probably know me. I only use msn as my IM ( weej@drarok.com) but I'll answer pm's and emails. Feel free to add me. I have a blog whish I update as and when I can... http://weej.drarok.com

Know your posters? Ok...people don't seem be divulging (sp?) much in the way of information so I'll set the trend.

My name's WeeJ. My name came from the fact that I'm rather short and my real name's Jennie. I'm 19 and I currently live with my parents and my sister (and eventually my brother in law) I have a boyfriend who I've been with for two years. He sometimes frequents the boards under the name of Drarok. He looks after me smile.gif

I live in the Midlands in the UK but I used to live in Greece up until about two years ago. It really is'nt as fun as it sounds. It was actually a bit of a drag.
I love music. Mainly rock and metal but I listen to a lot of things other than pop and rap. I like singing, reading and being with my friends in this place as and when I can. I work in an office that specializes in fixing people's doors and windows. It doesn't sound very exciting but its a pretty fun job.

That was a bit generalized and most of you know all about me anywho, but as the past week or so has taught us, you can never know someone enough.
Succubusalicious
QUOTE (antagony @ Nov 29 2003, 06:48 AM)
I hardly know anyone here either... if someone would PM me that would be great. I'd probably be too shy to start a conversation on my own...

Yeah that's pretty much the same as me, I'm kinda shy and not all that interesting.... OK now no-one wants to PM me .... damn !!

Well I'm Hannah, I'm sixteen and I love Ash and various other bands that rock. Drop me a line biggrin.gif
WeeJ
QUOTE (Succubusalicious @ Dec 1 2003, 07:56 PM)
QUOTE (antagony @ Nov 29 2003, 06:48 AM)

Well I'm Hannah, I'm sixteen and I love Ash and various other bands that rock. Drop me a line biggrin.gif

1 - I did randomly PM you antagony...back when you first started if I remember rightly...

2-Hannah, you're the famous Mrs Commie. Get msn woman! biggrin.gif
Succubusalicious
Cheers WeeJ !! biggrin.gif

h_jaycock@hotmail.com
Cath Sparrow
I've got mns messeger on my computer but since I moved back to my perants I've been on there puter hopefully I'll get round to setting mine up some time soon cause we got broadband reasontly so I can run it with bugging the parent. But if anyone wants to PM or E-mail feel free

c_manners@hotmail.com

This is the same for messenger as well for when I get sorted.

I'm 28 reasontly got a new job as a trainee pattern cutter which is also why I'm back living with the parent on the Wirral (uk) I like all sorts of music but I'm main an ingrained Goth. I luv reading books or comic or what ever I just Luv to read!
and plenty of other stuff! Which for now I cant be bothered writting! biggrin.gif So you'll just have to get to know me! tongue.gif
acidteardrop
IM me anytime. i love talking to people, especially my family here.
Silver Star Angel of Da Towers
ahhhhhh. so this is why I'm getting ims from ppl i don't know. Uh.. can you ppl warn me tho? The sn i have posted isn't just mine and i might get in trouble... dry.gif
antagony
QUOTE (WeeJ @ Dec 2 2003, 04:05 AM)
1 - I did randomly PM you antagony...back when you first started if I remember rightly...

You did. I still appreciate that, and it made me a bit less shy on the forums... yay! Thanks smile.gif
Tarantio
I'm Tarantio. AND IM DACE, HIS INNER DEMON (WITH AN IQ 5 HIGHER THAN HIS).
I'm a scot whos into rabble rousing, anti-capitalism anything, books, films, music and computer games. I shared a lot of my interests with Dayan and I'll never stop talking on and on about the things i like, as long as theres someone there to listen. I'm terrorofthehighway to the (evil) Yahooers, and Tarantio_@msn, which i use mostly.
elf
Anyone who wants to is welcome to IM me... but keep in mind I'm always busy so I might be in a bad mood, and I'm probably doing my homework, so a PM'd be better, methinketh. smile.gif
sammi
This is a really great idea, however much I didn't know Dayan, my deepest condolences to his family and friends. <3

Uhm, anyways... Yeah... I doubt anyone even knows who I am because I'm a lil' ickle noob, but if you wanna know me ( which I'm totally sure you do, riiiight? ;D ) my AIM is SCAngel2001 ( yes, it's since like, 3rd grade an I need a new one... x_x;;; ) and my Yahoo!SN is animeangel2007. I don't use MSN very much, because I just... don't... but my MSN is animeangel2007@yahoo.com. happy.gif YAY!

As for getting basics on me... My name's Sammi, *points to username* I'm 14 years old, I live in the NYC, New York tho' I love other countries much more than my own at the moment due to the current administration... *cough*Bush*cough* I'm rather opinionated, occasionally hyper but very cheery, caring and a GIGANTIC anime fan, so if you even know anything about anime / manga / Asia in general - you have already connected to me. xD I'm also I huge music addict, my choices rather random as well, tho' I'm a particular fan of rock 'n that era-ish-period-ish. ^_~

And sure, there's more, but you'll have to PM / AIM me if you wanna know it. ^___^ Plus I'm rather short on time at the moment.... e_e;; So yay, hope to hear from y'all soon! <3 <3 xoxo
Hyperion
*preens* Well, everyone knows me...

Or not. Anyhoo, all the little buttons down there VVVV are accurate. I'm on AIM and MSN most of the time I'm home. Anyhoo, I randomly talk to people anyway, and you're probably already on my AIM BL cause I'm a freak. Anyway. Yeah. Right. manic.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.