Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Know Your Posters
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2
MoonlightSavingsTime
QUOTE (LoLo @ Dec 2 2003, 07:25 PM)
I just gave in and got aim. Don't know that I'll use it much cause the sounds are annoying.

'Bout damn time you got AIM!!! By the way, you can turn the sounds off. Go into Edit Options, Edit Preferences, and on the Buddy List menu (it defaults to that one), click the "Sounds" button and have your way with it. tongue.gif That only changes the sounds for when Buddies sign on and off though. So to change the IMing sounds, click on "IM/Chat" in the lefthand menu (still in Edit Preferences), then click on the "Sounds" button there.
CommieBastard
Reet. Well.

I'm Sean. Hi. I'm 16, and I like stuff. Quite a lot of stuff. I read, mostly, and I write (mainly for my website Urban Freakshow). I spend far too much time here. Some people think I'm a goth. They're observant. I like things that are fun, and good too. i h8 wen ppl tlk lyk dis. I'm a fully paid-up Grammar Nazi. Paradise Lost is a cool poem, but The Raven is my favourite. Mangoes are nice.

Website
Blog
MSN: ribbons@urban-freakshow
AIM (which I don't spend much time on because it's EVIL and WRONG): CommieHomo
Unrelated Site
Starfish
QUOTE (CommieBastard @ Dec 3 2003, 01:23 PM)

Heh. I love this guy. I stumbled across him about six months ago after putting camwhore into google in a fit of boredom.

Hmm. Me, eh? I'm 25 for a few more days. Just went back to University. I like stuff and read a lot. My life's going to get really crazy in 7 days, so I may not be around much for awhile. dry.gif sad.gif

But if anyone's particularly bored, they can YIM me or email at werestarfish@yahoo.com.

I have a Blog that's so boring it'll make your eyes bleed. Course that's cause all the juicy stuff is friends only or private. smile.gif
Sarah the Spider
I'm Sarah, and even though I have been here a while, I'm not the most involved poster these days, so I don't know as many people as I would like.

I'm 16 and live in Oklahoma. My AIM name is SashFranny, so feel free to IM me whenever. My Yahoo! name is im_a_loser_baby_37, but I rarely use that one. I'm game for any AOL or Yahoo! group chats. I have some of you on my buddy list, but I don't IM people all that often, except a couple close friends. For that I am sorry. If I am on your list too, go ahead and talk to me, I'm just sort of Instant-Messenger shy.

You can PM me whenever, and I am probably getting a cell phone for Christmas, so if you want my number once that happens, just ask.

About me...I love anime, books, blogging/writing, listening to emo, indie, and punk, drawing, and generally trying to be content without pissing off too many people on the way.
doublehelix00101001
hey, i couldn't find this thread anywhere... dry.gif ok well hey all that know me or those that don't, I am doublehelix00101001 obviously, because i like binary and double helix is from part of a song by LP...you can all call me Dyne, not my real name but i like this better. I am 13, 14 in April, yah yah i know...i'm a young'n. i like sci fi and stephen king novels, punk grunge thrash heavy metal hard rock and nu metal. i am obsessed with mystical beings and creatures and i have a tendency to become a daughter to some people...come on who wants to adopt me? laugh.gif
redcoat_english
(Stands up from the circle of people sitting on plastic chairs)

Andrew: Hi, I'm Andrew, and I'm an upset friend of Dayan's.

Everyone else: Hi Andrew!

Andrew: Right, a little about me. As most of you will probably know, I was Dayan's primary school friend. Whereas in the beginning Dayan was an intelligent nice blond good little boy, I was an intelligent bastard child, and as we grew older Dayan dyed his hair red and I started to dress and act like I was 42 (imagine Jeremy Clarkson, but having lost all his clothes he went in Oxfam in Sloane Square and bought an old pair of Nike trainers, Levis 501s and a t-shirt). Despite our differences, we both were mates for the sake of being mates.

Anyway, here's a quick profile.
Clothes: Jeans and T-shirt
Hair: As short as my uber-disciplined school will allow (which aint short)
Music: 80s and camp classics (So it varies from ZZ Top to the Village People)
What I want to do with my life: Join the Army and blow stuff up. Maybe run the country afterwards when I'm too old and fat.
Personality: I like humour for the sake of humour. Love Paul Merton, dislike Monty Python. Shy at first, but usually warm up quickly. Can talk to a crowd easier than talking to an individual. Hard to describe me actually - why don't I just scratch and sniff, or maybe that wouldn't be so good...
Favourite drink: Double port and blue WKD; failing that (cos it costs like £6 a drink), JD and Coke

Right, what this is all about is I'd like to get in touch with you people who knew Dayan. I think the main shock and mourning process is over for me, but as a tribute to him I'd like to get to know his friends, and hopefully be their friends. I'm located in Camden, right near Dayan's mum's house, so PLEASE! get in touch if you want to just go do lunch or go for a drink or something. As a special offer, your first encounter with the fabulous Andrew is at the detriment of Andrew's very own wallet!

My email is redcoat_english@hotmail.com so I hope to hear from some of you soon!
antagony
Right, I just got AIM too. My username is aidan antagony if anyone wants to add me.
Mr Fuzzy
QUOTE (redcoat_english @ Dec 6 2003, 08:43 PM)
Favourite drink: Double port and blue WKD

My goodness, that's the most deeply inappropriate drink I've heard of in years!
Sir Psycho Sexy
I'm with fuzzy, that just sounds wrong....how do you come up with a concoction like that?!
acidteardrop
my name is Erik...and...im an alchoholic.

yes, wrong group. and now for something completely different.
yes, and now for something completely the same.

my name is Erik...and...im a matazoneaholic.
ill be 16 as of 11.2.04, so its not too far off. dont ask my gender, unless you want the sh*t confused out of you, cos i tend to do that o people, especially about my gender. i live in Kingston, MA, USA. im interested in... um...matazone...erm..musik...matazone...mata...matazone... and... i fence. yeah, im pretty boring. i am a sophomore in high skool...and...erm...well i kinda suck at life. but dont most of us anyways?

ive taken 6 hours to post this. man i need a life. alright, i have to go to bed, so ill post more info later.

loves
Sarah the Spider
I never do this, but my Neopets name is arachneafemella. I know it seems weird, keeping my username a secret, but I don't know, I just like seperating it. If anyone plays, neomail me whenever. Especially whenever something happens, as I have easier access to Neopets than this forum at times.

Love you.
~Sarah
Marsyas
Eh...might as well...
My name is Emily, though it's easier to call me Marsyas. I'm 18 and a freshman (sophomore next semester because I took all the hard classes in high school) at Morehead State University...I'm a music education major, which is one rung up the reality ladder from philosophy major. I play the flute rather well, but I don't really like boasting because it just makes you look bad. Pretty modest...my boyfriend often calls me stoic...I've been called lots of things.

Figured I could put some other things too. I am an only child. My father died October 2002 of malignant melanoma. My mother is ridiculously strong-willed and I do not trust her with the shopping because she will buy the most expensive kind of everything. Our money is quickly going, so I use scholarships and my own funds to pay for my education. I have a wonderful boyfriend, fiance, whatever you fancy, who has put up with me for four years now. He is a percussionist with an emphasis on mallet instruments like marimba and xylophone. My roommate plays trumpet but I won't hold that against her (if you have ever been in band, you may understand the trumpet ego). I have managed to retain a bit of my french skills (I got a 4 on the AP exam only a few months ago and it's fast slipping). I don't really know what else to say. I'm pretty level-headed, so I'm not one to worry about. I'll be lurking.... ph34r.gif
I also have MSN messenger (eclist01@morehead-st.edu) so....yeah...
VVes
Well, can't believe it took me this long to post, but most of you already "know" me... I am Wesley (vves). I live in Texas, Austin/Round Rock < a burb 15 miles north of Austin...work and College in Austin, I am 19. Born April 7th.

I came to the forums by way of Crissi and Lolo after a terribly intriguing chat that we had in Excite Super chat in which the "BO SLECTA" thing came out into the open. and well, here I am!

I met Several of you over IM's already, but please don't hesitate to add me and chat, I do get busy and have trouble responding quickly at times since I sneak around work/school on the chat clients.

I do have some information on the "Family Album" and on YIM/MSN as well.

So, drop me a PM/YIM/MSN IM or whatever, okay? okay!

::: Hugss Spiffy ::: For finding a way to bring us even closer!

~Wes~
Righteous
I'm Righteous. I don't like my real name. I go by Ri. I'm 18.

My family lives in Fernandina Beach, Florida, USA. I go to college and stay with my sister in Jacksonville, Florida, USA. I'm originally from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA, specifically the borough of Norristown

My parents are still (suprisingly) married. I have one older sister (Rachel-23), two younger brothers (Rick-17, Tim-16) and a little sister, my angel (Gabrielle-7). My mother and her family are from Philadelphia while my father is from Kingston, Jamaica and his family origin is scattered around the globe, but his father was born in Cupar, Fife, Scotland.

I'm a devout Christian. Politically, on my most liberal days, I'm an anarchist and on my most conservative days, I'm a constitutional minarchist.

I attend the University of North Florida where my majors are philosophy and psycology. When I get out of college, I plan on going to a Methodist semenary and go into ministry. I also want to start a production company to write books, make movies and animate.

I'm bipolar, have been all my life and will always be. I have a cousing who had BP and obsessive-compulsive disorder. My mother has chronic depression and also is the Nassau county chapter of the National Alliance for the Mentally Ill.

I've had problems with drinking, drugs, self mutilation and suicide. I'm not perfect, nor do I profess to be. I am, however, drug free, alcohol free and no longer cut myself or think of suicide.

I'm single. My best friends are Harmonie (who is also my exgirlfriend and exfiancé and to whom I lost "it"), Meghan and her wife Mandy, Chris (Woodle) and Britt.

Here on the board, I'm closest to Aries, Spiffy and Narth. I post mainly in "Daft" and "Issues." I'm kind of a controversial member here on Matazone, but I do my best and mean well.

I was a varsity wrestler in high school where I lettered (twice). My brother still wrestles for the team. Coach Emanuel (or Coach "E") was a big impact on my life. I learned much more than just how to wrestle.

I love music. My favorite genres are metal, hard rock, techno, industrial, alternative and prog/neo-prog. Some of my favorite bands are Mushroomhead, Pink Floyd, Godsmack, Cold, the Mad Capsule Markets, Rob Zombie, Metallica (Black Album and previous, Load and Reload), Powerman 5000, Stone Sour, Lunatic Candy Kreep and Mudvayne. I'm attempting to get a band off of the ground (Helix). What members there are have planned out three albums (Prepare to Be Offended, Anti-Hero, Hate Machine) as well as a complete redoing of Pink Floyd's The Wall.

I love movies. My present favorites are House of 1000 Corpses, Haggard, Hellraiser I-VI and pretty much any flick based off of comic books.

My hobbies are writing, chillin', working out, listening to music, chillin', Matazone, philosophising, chillin', standing on my soapbox and speaking my mind (not literally), singing, working on cars, reading and chillin'.

If any of you guys wanna IM, PM, or YM me, go ahead. This is the only social life I really have right now.
chester
me in a nutshell-

hi, my name's kelly. i was born on april 25, 1990. i live smack-dab in the middle of the desert and desperately want to escape. im in the 8th grade. im in an art class at my school and id have a 4.0 if i wasnt getting a D in my english class. i was voted most unique at my shool 2 years ago and since then have dissapeared. i enjoy music, movies and art. my idol is Mr.T. i tend to be shy and worry too much about what the people on this forum think of me. i have 2 brothers and 2 sisters but im the only one left living in my house other than my parents. my life is pretty lame, but as soon as i move out things are gonna change, i guarantee it. i would greatly apprecite it if anyone would like to IM ot PM me. i want to get to know all of you better... i mean, if you dont have aproblem with it.
LoLo
I'm LoLo. Please refer to me as Lo or LoLo or Grand Priestest of Ish, or Supreme Mod Lo, or simply God. laugh.gif

I use humor as a way to disquise when I'm irritated, upset, depressed, happy, sad, lonely, angry, extatic, in a weird mood, along with many other things, so it makes me kind of hard to read sometimes, well hell most of the time.

I'm single. Have been for years now. The only thing close to me calling a bf is Mr. Vibey who some of you have gotten the pleasure of talking to.

I'm a 24 year old soon to be 25 year old, shy spinster, who is still going to school and won't be able to be in an actual career until she is 30 something. I want to get into graphic design and maybe do cd cover art design.

Hmmmm what else? One day I want to have a llama and name it sparky.
Righteous
My greatest goal in life is to perform the entire Wall album onstage at Jackrabbit's in Jacksonville. Either that or engage in group sex at least once.
Tigersong
I'm Tigersong, and my real name is Geoff.

Mmm... lets see... I'm a first year Dentistry student at the University of Saskatchewan. I love Classical music, and many different kinds of other music. I'm fascinated by all sorts of religion. I'm a spiritual person, most closely idenitfying with the Christian Faith. However, I'm far from being a fundamentalist.

I'm engaged to a beautiful woman whom I love very much.

I'm bisexual.

I'm the bestest best friend of Jaq.

I love Buffy and Angel waaaay too much.

I like cheese.

I suck at all sports. Except croquet. Oh, I curl pretty well too. I was the skip in high school on a team one year. But really, I suck at sports.

Mmm... I'm a perfectionist, or at least I was until school sucked the life out of me.

I have a kitten whom I love very much.

PM me or AIM me... I don't use yahoo that much
arpeggiodreams
My name's Sarah... horridly creative mother I have. I live in California, but I'm from Oklahoma stock, so my full name is Sarah Jean. Disgustingly cute. I turned 17 on November 17.

I'm medium-tall, have brownish-redish-blondish hair, and bright blue eyes. I'm ridiculously smart, in my senior year of high school. I passed three AP exams last year, and am taking Calculus this year. I'm in my school's elite choir, a member of winter guard, and editor of the yearbook.

I have had two long, serious relationships in high school (one for 9 months, one for 21), and misplaced my virginity the day before I turned 15 to my then-boyfriend, when we'd only been going out for 10 days.

I drive a 1983 REEEED Mazda RX-7, which is not healthy for my insurance rates. Two weeks ago I dislocated my knee (it's doing fine now).

I'm nearly always on MSN, as I have no life. And no job.
Twitching
Umm... *takes a deep breath*

My name's Casey, but I'm Twitching in the few forums that I post in, and on SparkNotes, where I write reallybadpoetry. I'm sixteen, my birthday is June 17th, and I still don't have my license due to extreme laziness on my part. I live in Virginia, on the eastern shore, which is so rural and boring that it hardly exists except as a retirement home for the elderly and a breeding pen for hicks. (disclaimer: I love old people and hicks. really.)

I'm a girl, if anyone wonders since my name is kind of vague. (My mother once had a friend whose son's name was Casey.) I've been single for the past 13 months, and it vaguely annoys me occasionally.

Errr....I draw, I snow ski twice a year, I talk on the internet. I've got a 4.0, somehow, and I'm a horrible procrastinator. (Speaking of which, I have chemistry homework I haven't finished.) Feel free to IM me whenever I'm online, because if I didn't want to talk to people, I'd be on a different screenname....I've got way too many....

*suddenly realizes that she's talked too much and sneaks off to a corner to watch everyone else from*
redcoat_english
QUOTE (Mr Fuzzy @ Dec 7 2003, 01:52 AM)
QUOTE (redcoat_english @ Dec 6 2003, 08:43 PM)
Favourite drink: Double port and blue WKD

My goodness, that's the most deeply inappropriate drink I've heard of in years!

Well, its a drink I got to know being with military people. It's called a "Cheeky Ribena" cos it tastes EXACTLY like Ribena or Vimto, I'm not sure which one.
ravein
hello all...
I think I have covered most of this in the past.. but just in case... there are some new folks here...

I am 22 ...... really..... okay so I am 27... Born in June on Fathers day... in a sleepy little rural town called Wilson NC. Pronounced WILTSON smile.gif Got in much trouble while living with my parents, although we had a great relationship.
Moved out when I was 18, fell in love with a girl with I was 19 and I have been a big old lesbian ever since.
Now I live in the bustling metropolis of Raleigh NC (heheheh bustling) where I date an awesome chic-o-dee named Kat, also known as Karismaklysm. I work as a network admin/desktop support slacker... and I have more hair care products than Cher... although it only takes me 5 mins to get ready in the mornings. I paint some and throw some poetry... and I lost my cell phone this morning.
Being that I was born in June I am a Gemini so I do have two distinct personalities.. Selma (nice me) and Selmisha (the scandalous me).. both personalities are pretty nice... just one will sleep with your girlfriend when your not looking huh.gif wink.gif laugh.gif
Jonman
'Ello.

I'm Jonman. Perhaps unsuprisingly, my name is Jon - the Jonman came from my university days when I shared a house with Richman, Danman and Briman.

I came to the forums through being best buddies with Mata for many a year. Well, about 12 years, all told I guess. I'm currently a month shy of 27, and starting to feel it. I'm currently kind-of living in Seattle, Washington, except that I'm actually spending 90% of my time for the next three months living in a hotel in Cincinatti, Ohio, for work. Who knows where I'll be living after that - depending on visas, green cards and job offers, it's anyone's guess. This fact is currently stressing me out a bit. For all of those American antics, I'm as English as tea with milk.

I'm head-over-heels in love with my girlfriend Kat, who I only met about 8 months ago. We're still having lots of fun with the occasional Anglo-American mistranslation that occurs. She's the reason that being in Cincinatti is quite so crap - she's still in Seattle. She's top banana anyway, I couldn't ask for more in a partner.

I've done a few crazy things in my life, and I haven't yet figured out whether I was doing them because I wanted to, or becuase I wanted to make myself sound more interesting. Current top joys are snowboarding (yay, the snow's falling on the mountains!), videogaming (a long time passion)and juggling. I'm very vaguely, heading towards achieving some of my lifelong ambitions, which include performing a standup comedy routine, swimming naked in every ocean and sea on the planet, finishing learning how to skydive, and working in some capacity in the videogame industry.

Currently, I work with jet engines, which is a lot more interesting than it sounds. I'd love to have a stupid haircut again (see my av), but working in a conservative engineering industry doesn't really lend itself to the idea.

I get irrationally irritated by people with no common sense, fruit that goes off and Tom Hanks.
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (Righteous @ Dec 7 2003, 11:22 PM)
Powerman 5000

Excellent band, along with Rob Zombie, et al ;D

My real name is Sam. I'm 27, 5 foot 5, 9 and half stone, and I currently have pink hair. Soon to be red and black biggrin.gif

I live in Sheffield in the UK but spend quite a bit of time travelling to Warrington where my boyfriend (Ed) is. I've been with him for over 18 months now and it's been long distance the entire time. I love him very much. He is my rock smile.gif

I am Pagan and into various paths but open to most religions. Currently I've been reading up on Buddhism which although not technically a religion it is rather cool....er....babbling.....

I love rock and metal. My current play list includes (but is not limited to) Korn, Drowning Pool, Transplants, Ramones, Undertones, The Darkness, Turbonegro, Rob Zombie and Lost Prophets.

I play the violin and have passed Grade 6 (of 8 for those of you who don't know). I'm having lessons again as I passed in 1993 and have kinda got out of practice rolleyes.gif

I am currently 'with cold' and had glandular fever for most of this year. I'm usually poorly but nothing serious. I'm just lazy and I smoke and don't eat healthy so I can't complain about it! laugh.gif I have joined a gym but my current excuse is that I'm not well and you aren't supposed to exercise when you aren't well biggrin.gif

I'm bi-curious/sexual.

I also like cheese and Buffy. I love Charmed.

I studied Ancient History and Archaeology at Uni in Birmingham and want to be an archaeologist like Indiana Jones (yeah, RIGHT! rolleyes.gif) or work in a museum/art gallery. I currently work as an office manager in a publishing firm which has it's ups and downs. It's generally cool though.

I love America specifically NY and San Francisco. If I could retire anywhere I wanted it would be either SF or Maui smile.gif

Finally I always manage to feel suitable stupid in the Issue forum when people start getting all philosophical so I have borrowed a "Philosophy for Beginners" book. Watch out! Soon I'll be good looking AND intelligent!! rolleyes.gif

Think I've bored you for long enough!

*wands off to find cup of tea and biccies*
karismaklysm
well. um. well, i rock. and apparently i've been getting around.

I'm head-over-heels in love with my girlfriend Kat, who I only met about 8 months ago.

Now I live in the bustling metropolis of Raleigh NC (heheheh bustling) where I date an awesome chic-o-dee named Kat, also known as Karismaklysm.

hee hee... no really. i'm just dating selma.. and loving every minute of it.

i work for Easter Seals, have a BA in Theatre, am a singer/songwriter, a terrible poet, and i have tons of incredible friends...

i love lots of things, including eddie izzard, doing improv comedy, coffee, religious texts, livejournal, orson scott card, etc.... but i change all the time... (ie: my buffy phase ended a while ago) so i stay ephemeral, in a sense, most of the time...

im also really friendly, but sadly no longer have access to AIM... c'est la vie...
CrissiLove
Hi.... I am not very good at this kind of thing. Right now, I feel the same way I do when teachers made us stand up in front of the class to tell everyone about ourselves. I always hated that! I get so nervous, I can never think of anything to say, and I have trouble breathing! That's not a good combination.... lol

My name is Crissi, and I'm 25 years old. That's right... not 13... 25. smile.gif I am in the process of moving, but I will still be living in Texas. Once I get moved, I am going to college and getting a job again. I'm now single after about a 5 year relationship.

I like watching movies--especially scary, action, and classic movies. I love to read. Very rarely will anyone here me say "I'm currently reading _____" because once I start a book, I usually keep reading until I finish it. I also like to swim and play tennis. I'm absolutely awful at tennis! I actually do more running after the tennis balls that I hit into the wrong court than anything, but it's still fun to try! I listen to just about every kind of music out there.... My favorite television shows are Everwood, American Dreams, and Joan of Arcadia.

Erm... I think that's everything. If you made it all the way through that post without falling asleep, you deserve an award! laugh.gif I would really like to get to know more people here. If any of you out there ever want somebody to talk to, or if you get really bored, send me a message or email anytime!
MistressAlti
Right then, I guess I should talk for a bit. I won't get offended if you stick your fingers in your ears and scream "la-la-la-la-la" until I finish. Trust me. I get that reaction a lot.

My name is Rachel, although around here and a few places in my real life, most people just call me Missy or Alti. Or Xena. My excellent Xena call impression does lend me quite a fearful reputation.

I feel old. Not because of my physical age, which is only 18, but because I've been around this forum so damn long. I mean, really. It gets kind of frightening when I look around and remember when most of these kids actually joined the forum. I've invested a lot of time here, so I have a very protective parental nature towards everything that goes on around here. I love this forum and everyone in it. Well, most everyone. That Kybosh guy, geez, I dunno about him. tongue.gif laugh.gif

I'm an American girl, Missouri to be specific, and I complain about it often. I'm still coming for you, Brit people. Seriously. Two years from now, you're going to be panicked, because I'll be on your continent and you won't know what to do with yourselves. *evil laughter ensues*

Let's see, uh... yeah. I have cats. And... a fansite. And a top-secret organization.

I go to this private boarding highschool that I just call The Academy. It's located on a university campus, and I take all university-level courses. Technically I'm a senior in highschool, but I'm a sophomore at university at the SAME TIME. Trippy. cool.gif

Let's see, what else... I'm five foot six, naturally brunette, and long walks on the beach. rolleyes.gif I'm single, have been for... a very long time. And this definitely is starting to look like a bad personals advert... LOVE ME PLEASE I'M SO LONELY GODDAMN YOU! biggrin.gif

Okay. I'm done now. You can remove your fingers from your ears and wipe the wax on the wall. Someone will clean it up. Probably me.
ravein
QUOTE (MistressAlti @ Dec 9 2003, 01:02 PM)
Let's see, what else... I'm five foot six, naturally brunette, and long walks on the beach. rolleyes.gif I'm single, have been for... a very long time. And this definitely is starting to look like a bad personals advert... LOVE ME PLEASE I'M SO LONELY GODDAMN YOU! biggrin.gif

*drags out hot tub and keg*
you rang love?
Jonman
QUOTE (ravein @ Dec 9 2003, 10:56 AM)
QUOTE (MistressAlti @ Dec 9 2003, 01:02 PM)
Let's see, what else... I'm five foot six, naturally brunette, and long walks on the beach.  rolleyes.gif  I'm single, have been for... a very long time. And this definitely is starting to look like a bad personals advert... LOVE ME PLEASE I'M SO LONELY GODDAMN YOU!  biggrin.gif

you rang love?

*rubs hands together*
MistressAlti
QUOTE (ravein @ Dec 9 2003, 11:56 AM)
you rang love?

Yes. Yes I did. biggrin.gif
Righteous
I want to thank Spiffy for making this thread. I have a new little sister now! I love you Spiffy!
Hyperion
*falls in love with Alti, whisks her away, romance romance blah blah divorce divore throw things yadda yadda etc etc...*

Anyway. Day-um, you're all so old... I'm feeling like a wee ickle kiddie here. ^__^ Yippe.

Uhn... I like pie.
ravein
QUOTE (Hyperion @ Dec 9 2003, 02:11 PM)
*falls in love with Alti, whisks her away, romance romance blah blah divorce divore throw things yadda yadda etc etc...*

Anyway. Day-um, you're all so old... I'm feeling like a wee ickle kiddie here. ^__^ Yippe.

Uhn... I like pie.

mind who your calling old there!!
*hitches up mod pants* ohmy.gif wink.gif laugh.gif heheheheh

And missy.. dont make me start the hot tub party thread again.. you remember what happened last time... oh wait... thats right... you have no idea do you??
mwwwwahahaha!!
Marsyas
QUOTE (Jonman @ Dec 9 2003, 03:27 PM)
I'm currently kind-of living in Seattle, Washington, except that I'm actually spending 90% of my time for the next three months living in a hotel in Cincinatti, Ohio, for work. Who knows where I'll be living after that - depending on visas, green cards and job offers, it's anyone's guess. This fact is currently stressing me out a bit. For all of those American antics, I'm as English as tea with milk.

We won't bite...too hard... wink.gif
I live in the Cincinnati area when I'm not here at college, and I'll be home in a few days...
talking to faeries
Hello, I guess I really should post in here since I hardly know anyone and I bet hardly anyone knows me. Anyway, my name's Sarah and I'm 19. I'm studying ancient and medieval history in uni. It's really interesting, but quite a lot of work. Anyway I live in Wales and spend my time divided betwen Aberdare (where I was born) and Swansea (where I go to uni), but most of it is in Swansea cos I rent a room in a huge house here with my boyfriend.

I'm really shy which is probably why I have so few posts, even tho I've been here since march. Anyway, feel free to pm me or anything if anyone wants to smile.gif I'm also on msn as sarahj1984@hotmail.com (not very imaginative is it!!)

I would write more, but the uni's computers and keyboards suck...I have to practically punch every key I use cos they don't work too well, anyways, that's about it from me. blink.gif
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (talking to faeries @ Dec 12 2003, 11:36 AM)
Anyway, my name's Sarah and I'm 19. I'm studying ancient and medieval history in uni.

Hey Sarah. I did Ancient History & Archaeology at Birmingham Uni. If you want any help then PM me. I might be able to remember something useful laugh.gif

Also, watch "Seven Ages of Britain" (Saturdays 8pm C4) V V V V good if you like history at all smile.gif One of my old lecturers (Sally Crawford) was on the other week. Woot! biggrin.gif

Soz bit off topic. Anyone wanna PM me feel free. Always happy to dish out useless advice!! laugh.gif
Overfriendly_Kitten
Hello there,

my name is Riq.

I'm in my mid to late 20's, physically - but have nurtured and maintained the mentality of 7 year old... an immature 7 year old.

I'm currently in Melbourne Australia - and will be here for some months to come before I return home to sunny London and to my beloved girlfriend, caring parents and evil younger brother (not forgetting my junior associate of the dark furred feline variety).

My interests lie mainly in painting and drawing (paintball and graffiti), various martial arts, current affairs, politics and international cuisine.

I illustrate my letters, I have never been arrested, I am one of 7 Europeans who has eaten Dodo flesh this century and I have (vaguely) assisted in tracing and recovering several million dollars (US) that had been stolen from a certain oil producing kingdom.

I have eclectic tastes in music, arts, literature and film. I am currently listening to a mix of Portishead, Scott Joplin and Dvorak; reading 'The Sink' by Jef Robinson (a factual text on modern money laundering); I can't wait to see the last of the Lord of The Rings films and am about to buy Patlabor III on DVD.
CommieBastard
QUOTE (Overfriendly_Kitten @ Dec 14 2003, 11:13 AM)
I am one of 7 Europeans who has eaten Dodo flesh this century

How'd you manage that?
CrazyFooIAintGettinOnNoPlane
Well I still dont know many people.. so I think i should post at least who I am in case anyone decides they adore me and want to talk to me non stop for ever and ever on aim. unsure.gif (my screenname is mrmatish)

I'm Mat, and I'm 16 years old and from the bottom bit of the united kingdom.
I have two cute pet cats, two snakes, a daddy and a sister.
My mum recently died.. so I am quite messed up at the moment and could randomly go on killing sprees at any time.

I'm really shy except for when I'm around people I know, and I've been here since march I think.. although not on this username. I gave up on the last one because I didnt know anyone and felt I had nothing interesting to post sad.gif -but I came crawling back.. tongue.gif

I'm doing maths chemistry physics and psychology at A.S level, and I have a saturday job in a newsagent which I hate. (evil customers!!!)

I'm really boring and hardly ever watch t.v, films or listen to music, and dont really have any tastes in either so I just like what I like and shut up when people start talking about them. I hate all sport except for table tennis, pool etc, mainly because I'm lazy and am terrible at them.

I lack common sense but I'm quite clever when it comes to guessing on exams.

..anyway, that's all I can think of in my current tired state, so you can wake up now, I'm finished tongue.gif
Overfriendly_Kitten
QUOTE (CommieBastard @ Dec 14 2003, 12:24 PM)
QUOTE (Overfriendly_Kitten @ Dec 14 2003, 11:13 AM)
I am one of 7 Europeans who has eaten Dodo flesh this century

How'd you manage that?

All thanks to a new process of removing formaldehide from tissue samples over 150 years old...
Overfriendly_Kitten
Hey Mat,

I just wanted to pass on my sympathies for your loss... although you may disagree - I think you sound remarkably together, being able to mention how you feel like this on a web forum. For what it's worth I'm sure everyone on here wishes you and your folks the best.

On a lighter note - you might be able to offer me some advice:

QUOTE (crazymat @ Dec 14 2003, 02:50 PM)

I have two cute pet cats, two snakes...

how do they all get along? Or is this a case of total segregation?

I only ask because one of my best mate's has been asked to look after a friend's python, and I feel that his resident feline wouldn't take to kindly to the new house guest.

Any pointers? (my mate is used to looking after the python - but isn't sure about his cat's reaction + the fact that she cannot be effectively kept out of any area in the house)
QUOTE (Overfriendly_Kitten @ Dec 15 2003, 02:36 PM)
Hey Mat,

I just wanted to pass on my sympathies for your loss... although you may disagree - I think you sound remarkably together, being able to mention how you feel like this on a web forum. For what it's worth I'm sure everyone on here wishes you and your folks the best.

On a lighter note - you might be able to offer me some advice:

QUOTE (crazymat @ Dec 14 2003, 02:50 PM)

I have two cute pet cats, two snakes...

how do they all get along? Or is this a case of total segregation?

I only ask because one of my best mate's has been asked to look after a friend's python, and I feel that his resident feline wouldn't take to kindly to the new house guest.

Any pointers? (my mate is used to looking after the python - but isn't sure about his cat's reaction + the fact that she cannot be effectively kept out of any area in the house)

Thank you *hugs*

The funeral was today and it sort of helped seeing as I actually talked to people and cried and stuff (wow, I have emotions!) It's been awkward telling people about it, noone knows what to say (including me) but I feel like I have to tell at least my friends that knew my mum. And can't keep secrets from the matazone forum can I? tongue.gif But yah, I'm not very good with feelings and things so its very weird.

Gawd, hope I havent depressed-ised the whole thread.. its a bit irrelavent really ph34r.gif

Anyways cant really let cats near snakes now can I? Poor snakies.. so if I'm getting the snakes out just have to make sure the cats arnt in the room and shut the door - that simple smile.gif But dont trust me about anything.. I'm terrible at responsibility tongue.gif eek! Sorry!
spiffilicious05
Thank you *hugs*

The funeral was today and it sort of helped seeing as I actually talked to people and cried and stuff (wow, I have emotions!) It's been awkward telling people about it, noone knows what to say (including me) but I feel like I have to tell at least my friends that knew my mum. And can't keep secrets from the matazone forum can I?  But yah, I'm not very good with feelings and things so its very weird.

Gawd, hope I havent depressed-ised the whole thread.. its a bit irrelavent really 

Anyways cant really let cats near snakes now can I? Poor snakies.. so if I'm getting the snakes out just have to make sure the cats arnt in the room and shut the door - that simple  But dont trust me about anything.. I'm terrible at responsibility  eek! Sorry!

NO NO NO!! you haven't depressed this thread at all! Don't worry about it -- we all love you!!! laugh.gif ::huggles mat and offers him tissues::: Seriously - we do - if you need any help at any time just pm me or im me or email me or call me...u can get my number from a few ppl around here....uhm....<3 did I mention we all love you?
*giggles* I did.. look.. no one's posted
EvilSpork
Hell, I would have to send something to everybody! ohmy.gif I don't know any of you, aside from Krys

:-D

YIM : Yuhg4
AIM : Wicked Inamorato
Email : Yuhg4@hotmail.com

My name is Andy, I'm 14. I feel like I'm attempting to attract pedophiles, but oh well. I write poetry, I own a rat, I paintball and my current marker is a tippmann 98, *cough* umm I can ride.. a unicycle.. *cough*, I have a large range of musical tastes, I play the mandolin, my favorite pop/soda/fizzy liquid stuff is umm o_o well hell Dr. Pepper root beer and ginger ale, favorite color is orange. And of course I love matazone and all the people that go here :-D
emiliza
I guess it's my turn? happy.gif;;

Hihi! I'm Emiliza. I've been on the board for a while, but have stopped posting.. no clue why o.O Anywhoo.. I'm 14, from CA. A place near the bay area. Currently a freshman in high school x__x;; I'm full flip, about 5'4" and 130ish pounds. I speak English and Tagalog fluently. But am also learning German and Russian. My favorite colors are red and black (yes I know black isn't a color, but a shade). I love chocolate and foreign food mmm.

I like surfing the net, IMing, the works. Watching TV (law shows, CSI, OC, Everwood, that kind of things), playing my instruments, playing basketball (LAKERS ROCK). Right now I'm memorizing pi, because i just feel like it =P Yeah, total math geek here.

I have no pets, because all my fish died =/ I have 2 brothers. One is dead, and the other one is 19, homosexual and works at Gap (haha, discounts cha ching). I have a mama and a papa, who are completely odd o.O

I guess that's all I can think of right now =P
arpeggiodreams
Just a bit of useless info for ya, Emiliza. One of my best friends is Hmong, and another one is flip. The Hmong word for Filipino is "tagalok" (mostly phonetic spelling, not sure of the actual spelling) which means "to flip." I find it hilarious.
wolfbane
Well I'm wolf, I'm talking_to_faeries sister and I'm currently living in Bath though I'm from Aberdare originally.

I'm a writer, though I'm working at a call centre to save up money to go back to uni in a year or so. I've got 12 piercings, 3 tattoos and blue hair at the moment, though that's more than likely going to change in the next week or so! I'm a fairly friendly person, though possibly slightly odd...hope to speak to you all soon.

*bites to all*
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.