Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I Have Returned...
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2
Mind_Kybitz
I realize that a lot of you are probably looking at the title of this thread and thinking, "Huh? There was never any Mind_Kybitz, was there?" There wasn't. This is my new account. I'm Logicman. And I'm back. And I'm sorry.

Yes, I know about Dayan, and yes, I feel somehow responsible. Yes, I've shaped up, and no, you won't be hearing any more antagonistic or offensive comments from me. And yes, you can flame me if I mess up.

Please give me another chance. I don't want to be at odds with everyone...

Thank you.
magikeyes14
KEVY!!!!! *huggles* i hope u have truley given up your a**hole ways (which i have told u many times that u are a huge f**king a$$ HEHE) u know i lov you and i missed u muchly.. welcome back
werewolf3361
WB Kevin.... dry.gif laugh.gif
FurryMammal
hey kev, hows life? you shouldve put this in introductions, maybe, and got the standard insanity we inflict upon noobs daily smile.gif

dont get shirty if some people havent forgiven you for whatever you did though. i never knew what it was, so i didnt care biggrin.gif
MistressAlti
Welcome back, Kevin.
Edward_lover1200
welcome back kevin...
Edward_lover1200
welcome back kevin... smile.gif glad to have you back

[edit: sorry about double post..]
Polocrunch
Bienvenue, mon ami hainé.
Mata
As I'm sure you're aware, this is a very sensitive time and you did break the rules enough previously that I blocked your previous account.

To put it another way, thank you for the sentiments that you have expressed here, this is a good start, but please be aware that there are lots of people here that are not particularly pleased to see you return and if you break the rules, or even try to bend them, I will make sure that you never hurt the feelings of anyone on this forum again.

Play nicely, alright?
Mind_Kybitz
Of course. I don't want to make any more trouble... or lose any more friends...

Polocrunch, I'm gonna run your post through a translator to make sure you didn't say something like "The green chicken is mine." tongue.gif
Sir Maxerpopple
It means welcome, my "something" friend. Don't know the something.

Poor little logic, tu ne comprends pas la francais? Awww, quel domage. Tout le monde, utilisez l'oppurtunitie!
Starfish
J'ai des araignées dans mes pantalon. Ils chatouillent.

I think that's right. . . .
CommieBastard
Si on ne parle pas francais, on simplement n'est pas chouette.
Polocrunch
Starfish, tu me degout.
Pikasyuu
Polocrunch, je serais honoré si vous me preniez sur une table de
verre.
Polocrunch
J'ai peur que nous casserons le table en notre enthousiasme, ma cherie syuu.
LoLo
donde esta el bano?
Polocrunch
Sortez, sale espagnole! Nous ne vous voulons pas en ici! Prenez votre langue execrable a l'autre bord de la Rio Grande!
Pikasyuu
Oui, j'imagine que nous , mais cela rendrait le fiasco entier
tellement plus érotique.
Phyllis
QUOTE (LoLo @ Nov 30 2003, 02:17 PM)
donde esta el bano?

El norte del elefante.

Polo, je vous donnerai une table a fait de Pyrex! Incassable! Maintenant avoir à il!

I hope the French one turned out okay. I used a translator, for I do not speak it! However, I am still great. tongue.gif Sean.
Polocrunch
C'est tres seduisant, syuu, mais je suis allergique a la verre a mon dos.
Edward_lover1200
all you fluent french speaking people scare me unsure.gif
Polocrunch
Candice, c'est tres attentif a vous. Commencerons l'adultere!
gerbilfromhell
c'est trop de francais. j'ai mal a la tete. blargh.

and welcome back logic
Pikasyuu
Êtes-vous vraiment? C'est une honte. Nous pouvons accomplir le même exploit sur un compteur de cuisine à la place, puis.
Starfish
Polo, je ne sais pas la définition de degout. Je supposerai c'est sale. Me lécher maintenant! tongue.gif
Sir Psycho Sexy
Le souris est dans la table, le chat est sur la chair et le sange est......le sange est fume un bipe tongue.gif (ah Eddie Izzard, ne pas un travestie typical)

(my french sucks more than a swedish whore....but i can still try tongue.gif)
Sir Maxerpopple
QUOTE (Edward_lover1200 @ Nov 30 2003, 05:28 PM)

I bet a few are using internet translators. laugh.gif
Mata
QUOTE (Sir Maxerpopple @ Nov 30 2003, 11:11 PM)
QUOTE (Edward_lover1200 @ Nov 30 2003, 05:28 PM)

I bet a few are using internet translators. laugh.gif

Certainament, je comprend un peu Francais, mais j'ne parlez pas.

And if that made sense I'd be amazed, French was my worst grade back when I was studying it tens years ago, and I've found that it only becomes passable when I've been in the country for a week.

I was quite suprised recently when I found a German message board that had linked to my animations. I used a translator program to post a message on there saying essentially 'thanks for linking to my site'. I went back a few days later and I managed to work out that they were pleased to hear from me but realised I'd used a translation program and were having trouble understanding some of the things that I had written. After a few more posts they talked me into having a go at writing in what German I could remember from ten years previous (and without ever having to use it once in the intervening time) and surprisingly they found this a lot easier to read. I was amazed! It's incredible what your head stores away for times when it just might come in useful.

Likewise Latin, I studied that for one year and was never any good at it. In February I was in Scotland and there was an old document on the wall in Edinburgh Castle. I managed to translate most of it before noticing that a couple of feet away was a translation, and I'd got it pretty much right. I was so chuffed! Although I think this is probably due to knowing lots of long words in English and guessing what Latin words they came from, rather than remembering much of my Latin classes.
Oni Usagi
watashi wa kowai desu. eigo de kudasai.
Mata
Kinoko-atama no doko des ka? biggrin.gif
Mata
Just to let people know, I have requested that Logicman, who returned as Mind_Kybitz, does not return to these forums and have suspended his account.

In the interests of letting people know the reasons why this has happened I am posting the email I have just sent him here:

Despite being allowed back as a trial you still have not managed to restrain yourself from becoming involved with disagreements and fights on my forum.

I was prepared to believe that maybe you were determined, in the face of what was clearly going to be a confrontation laden return, to avoid arguments and settle things without fighting, but within days of allowing you back onto these forums I hear that you have been abusing members of the board in PMs and elsewhere on the net.

You sent me a message stating that [removed to preserve anonymity] is attempting to blackmail you and ruin your life. I've also heard that you have threatened [***]'s life. You seemed to take the threat of blackmail seriously, and therefore I have no reason to take your threat any the less seriously.

It would seem that since far more may be at risk here than your ability to post on my forums, and that you seem to attract disagreements of this nature, I would suggest that for your own good you do not come back to these forums.

As we both know, if you really wanted to you could return, and without my making complaints to your place of education, I would have little power to enforce your compliance with my request to stay away. However, as you have ably demonstrated, it doesn't take long for your disagreements with individuals on this forum to escalate into matters that are of far graver importance than your wish to have conversations here. While I personally do not want to contact your school, and in the past have only once considered taking this last resort, there may be others around that would do this. This is not a threat, just an observation.

To put it more bluntly, it would seem that you are doing no-one any favours by being on my forums. You dislike several prominent members, you have caused anger in your time here, and now your disagreements have reached a level of severity where it is conceivable that the discord could even spill into your daily life. This is not something I would wish on you, just as much as I do not want your disagreements with other members of this board to continue, therefore the simplest solution is that you leave these boards and write this time off as a learning experience.

This really was your last chance and within days of your return you were already exchanging death threats with people and posting abusive comments in other forums. I can only assume that you will be happier to not have the toll on you of conversing with individuals you dislike.

Best wishes in finding a place where you can converse with others peacefully,

Mata
MarJ
Nice one Mata. Just hope he now gets the message!
Industrial Kybosh
Sad that it sometimes has to come to this...

Still, some of his actions were beyond the pale. I support Mata's decision and applaud his even-handedness.
Edward_lover1200
no offence to kevin since he is my friend and all...But nice one mata...he's been a bit...."grumpy" lately and I suport you fully...
the lil' pie fairy
j'aime le francais, mais c'est tres difficile quelquefois. par example, apres l'alcool. ou dans le matin. et essayez-vous parler francais sous la mer tongue.gif

and i missed that whole episode, but if someone's going to cause problems after everything lately it's probably a good idea.
elf
Good job, Mata. smile.gif
Mata
He sent me an email today in response to his barring:

You are the most biased, hideous, disgusting hypocrite I have ever met.

It just goes to show that you can't please all the people all of the time. rolleyes.gif

Now... I could have spent another couple of hours typing out a carefully worded reply, or I could just accept that he was never going to accept that occasionally he might be in the wrong and have pushed his luck too far. I decided to save my own time and just accept the later. Ho hum.
elf
In response to my banning him on my forums, he said something along the lines of this:

Not only have you lost a valuable member, you have also lost a friend. Or, at least, I thought I was. Have a sh--ty life.

Hrm. Well... not too bad, considering. *shrug*
Polocrunch
Well, I wouldn't have considered his actions on the forums to have been all that terrible, but offline he was definitely stirring. Looking at his responses to the bans, I would have to congratulate you on making another good call, Mata. You the man.
Sir Psycho Sexy
i sent him a PM actually....in reply to something he sent to someone...it was quite offensive actually...i wonder if he'll complain...or reply....oh i hope he does
Pikasyuu
Mata, once again, you're my hero. That was the most eloquent and uplifting email I've ever read, and thank you again for everything you've done in protecting the integrity of us forumites.

You're the best. ;_;
TigerLily013
Heh, why am I NOT surprised he got barred again? For a grumpy person as edward mentioned, I must say someone needs some anger management or something...you did the right thing mata, good job.
elf
God d--n... he just makes me so mad >_<; he said some really horrible s--t in his IMs right now... *restrains from blocking so she can get the last word*
gerbilfromhell
i actually wrote out a whole long post (which had in it some of the PMs he sent me, which i'm not sure should be posted as they're private. i don't know, it's just the sort of unspoken rule around here that any non-serious stuff off the forums stays off the forums), but i don't really feel like posting it. i over-reacted once, which ended up in him saying some really nasty stuff to a lot of my friends (and i apologize to each and every one of you that got a nasty PM/e-mail recently from him. if i hadn't really lost it on the elven-boards at him, he wouldn't have sent that stuff to you.), and i'm not going to again. this's just a 'thank you' to mata for banning him, and an apology for over-reacting
Phyllis
QUOTE (elf @ Dec 6 2003, 04:01 PM)
God d--n... he just makes me so mad >_<; he said some really horrible s--t in his IMs right now... *restrains from blocking so she can get the last word*

I know it's hard, Liz, but try not to get so upset. sad.gif It's just not worth it. He's just trying to be vengeful because he got banned from Matazone and the Elven boards all at once. I got myself all worked up over what he posted on your boards that day, but that's what he wanted. For some reason he seems to like upsetting people, which is really sad.

I personally think that both bans were good decisions and that both places will be more peaceful now. It's always sad that it has to come to this though and that differences can't be worked out...but I can't see how that could have possibly ever happened in this situation.
Mata
QUOTE (candice @ Dec 7 2003, 08:05 PM)
I personally think that both bans were good decisions and that both places will be more peaceful now. It's always sad that it has to come to this though and that differences can't be worked out...but I can't see how that could have possibly ever happened in this situation.

It is sad, but I tried several times to explain why he couldn't get away with making constant implications/direct statements that broke the rules. He got upset when I gave him a final warning, and then he acted surprised when I barred him after he wasted this final chance.

As you say Cand, this place is a lot more peaceful without him, but it's still sad we couldn't work it out. I think he's going to have to do that by himself.
leopold
Well, ya can't expect to be able to help everybody Mata. There'll always be some people who are beyond redemption, an this character was clearly one of 'em.
Pixelgoth
Good call Mata. From what I hear he was being a real arse. I don't know the guy and from what has been posted that's no bad thing. I had a similar situation IRL with a friend who just didn't realise they were being wrong and hurtful. She is still like that dry.gif Karma is a wonderful thing though as I'm sure it'll bite that person in the ar*e biggrin.gif
ravein
I think it was a good call for Elf and Mata... the kid was only happy when it rained and couldn't leave anything alone. He wasn't much for conflict resolution either.. or tact for that matter.... anyway.. good call. wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.