Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I Have Returned...
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2
Mata
Sorry to ressurect an old topic here, but this guy is really annoying me!

I ignored Logicman's response to my explaination about his barrig of a few weeks where he stated that I was a hypocrit because I really didn't think he was going to bother listening to anything I would say.

He sent me an email yesterday saying about how he had been threatened by Gerbil in another forum, and about how unfair it was that he was banned. So, deciding that I would give it one more go at trying to get him to understand why he was barred and Gerbil is still on the forums, I spent a little over and hour typing an email to him explaining he was already way past his final warning when he created the Mind_Kybitz account and that he was only back out of generosity and on the condition that he made peace with everyone and stopped being the centre of agruments. He continued to be so, and so was barred. Simple as that really.

Except I explained it in full detail so that he couldn't possibly have any grounds for argument with it. And today I got this reply:

You know, I don't have time to read your long messages anymore, nor am I obliged to. Please just cut to the chase, call me an idiot, and get back to your cyber-orgies.

I really don't think I've ever encountered anyone online who is quite so rude! Did this man never learn decent human courteousness when he was growing up? I've taken the time to write to him and reply to his questions, and that's the response I get? Bloody charming.

If I thought he was an idiot I would have conveyed this a long time ago, but frankly I don't believe that anyone is an 'idiot' unless they have an actual physical issue impeding their mental functions, in which case 'idiot' is still an inapropriate term. Everyone functions to the fullest of the ability that they can at any one time in any specific field, it up to us, if we want to, to learn which fields we excell in and to develop those skills. No-one is 'good for nothing.'

So.

I've sent his extremely rude what I consider to be a very civilised reply under the circumstances:

To summarise:

I have never been obliged to give you a polite and detailed response to your emails but out of respect for you an another human being I have written them.

You were barred because you have no respect for the time others have taken to try to communicate with you, which your answer to my last email has once again justified.

You raise issues and then cannot be bothered to debate them.

You ask for answers and do not listen to the response, you only throw out insults.

By ignoring everything I spent an hour writing to you, you have insulted me once again.

To summarise even futher:

You insult people constantly, that is why you are barred and I am not a hypocrit for being happy that you are barred.

Is that short enough for you?

I get the feeling he actually wants me to insult him. I don't think I've actually insulted a person as-a-whole (rather than insulting a person's actions, which does not necessarily imply that their whole entity reflects my opinion of what they have done) for as long as I can remember and I have no intention of letting a person such as this make me begin doing so.

It's very sad that decent courtesy towards others is something that seems to have missed him out. For a Christian, who would no doubt like to tell me to treat others as I myself would be treated, he really doesn't extend his faith very effectively into the way he interacts with other people online.

All I have ever really asked for in this forum is that everyone respects the views of others and communicates openly with this in mind. I'm still astonished that this simple request appears to be beyond someone such as Logic, who, as far as I can tell, is actually a reasonably intelligent individual.

I'm sure I'm going to get a few responses telling me to stop wasting my time, but let's face it, if I didn't at feel like I'd tried my hardest with everyone then I really wouldn't be me would I?
leopold
QUOTE (Mata @ Dec 15 2003, 02:07 PM)
I'm sure I'm going to get a few responses telling me to stop wasting my time, but let's face it, if I didn't at feel like I'd tried my hardest with everyone then I really wouldn't be me would I?

Fair point, but there comes a point when trying your hardest turns into banging your head against a brick wall. You've already gone beyond the point most other people would, and he's still giving you no respect for your efforts.

So, Mata, do yerself a favour. Draw a bullseye on a piece of paper, stick it on the wall at about head height, then repeatedly bang your head onto said target while repeating the following phrase:

"I will not waste my time on this idiot"

Do that 20 times, then go do some animations and stop messing about trying to save someone who doesn't warrant it and won't appreciate it!

I don't believe that anyone is an 'idiot'

Au contraire. I know it's a tad out of context, but sadly there are true idiots. These are people who, despite all evidence to the contrary, behave like they have no brains, sense or intelligence. Such as Illogic. These people are idiots, as they will never achieve their full potential, but rather waste it by behaving in ways that people will grow to dislike or despise.
the lil' pie fairy
i second leo's idea, do the head on wall banging thing. then, print out all correspondence, burn it and say good riddance. always worked for me smile.gif
he really isn't worth your time though, i'd just ignore him from now on? unsure.gif but that's just me. it's annoying people are rude to you when you're always so courteous to them mad.gif
Pixelgoth
I admire your patience Mata. I'd have told him to stick it up his a*se a LONG time ago! dry.gif

Don't beat yourself up because you are a caring person who wants people to get along and sees the good in people however small that goodness is! biggrin.gif

We all still love you! *hugs*
Phyllis
I also have to admire your patience, Mata.

Myself, I lost patience with that kid a LONG time ago. I tried being diplomatic and nice, I tried being completely rude and cruel, and I tried just ignoring him. None of it seemed to work. He was still always able to get under my skin. And honestly, he didn't even do that much to me. There were a few instances where he directly offended me, but more often than not he was offending my friends, and more often than not that friend was Dayan. Logic always just seemed to go out of his way to offend him. I never knew why. Maybe because they had such opposing views on everything, but Dayan certainly wasn't unique in that -- I think that most of us don't share Logic's views. I probably never will understand it. I don't think that I want to, either.

I still think it's sad that he couldn't work things out with people, but like I said before...I really cannot see him ever doing that. Maybe I'm being pessimistic. He is only 14. He has a lot of years ahead of him to change, and maybe this will be a learning experience for him. I know that I was certainly a different person at 14 than I am now. Maybe he will realize that he is in the wrong and that he's honestly hurt people and will make an effort to change. Or he could just become bitter and just dismiss all of us as idiots. I really hope that it's the former, though. Until that point, it is a waste of time to talk to him. His views won't change, and all he will do is make you angry. He isn't worth the stress, Mata. For whatever reason, he seems to get some sort of joy out of upsetting people. Don't let him upset you.
phoenix
it seemed to me that logic just wanted to get under peoples skin, and he succeeded. it almost seemed like he posted threads knowing what people would say and then, giving him, the opportunity to insult them. he never bothered me until he "claimed" me and acted as if i was property og some sort, and then how he treated dayan, and then logic's constant abuse of forumites after dayans death. that is what really p***ed me off about him, his disrespect of those who are down, oushing them futher in the ground. he deserved to be barred, he should be barred from every forum he is in, hes just a negative person online (he might be quite pleasent in rl, but we will never know). its upsetting to see a 14 year old be so inconderate to fellow man. i hope he will see that what he is doing is not cute, or impressing to anyone.
ravein
Mata,
I admire what you tried to do for the kid.. I think you tried to educate him.. you took the time to talk to him in a logical fashion, which is ironic considering he is being so illogical. It was MLK who said, "We must combine the toughness of the serpent and the softness of the dove, a tough mind and a tender heart" You did the best you could do with him. It is up to him to learn from his mistakes and become a better person. It was my grandmother who said, " A chicken just donít cluck in the morning" huh.gif ... not sure really what she meant .... but I always took it as things change... and so will he.. but your part is done and the rest is up to him.
Mata
I can be a real stubborn badger sometimes smile.gif We'll see what response I get. I do sometimes get a rather determined attitude towards people like this, to get them to at leat admit the possibility that they might have done something wrong and hurtful to people. There are enough people on here that he has hurt to go forward as evidence, so I wonder if he will bother to equate reality with what he thinks has happened in his head.
MistressAlti
Mata, you are one patient man... freak. tongue.gif I'd have blocked his messages ages ago.

Wait... I did. biggrin.gif Heh heh heh.

Don't hurt yourself with the repeated bashing of your head against his inpenetrably thick-walled mind - not even logic reaches what lies inside. But who knows, maybe you'll find the crack that no one else could.
Jonman
QUOTE (Mata @ Dec 15 2003, 01:21 PM)
I can be a real stubborn badger sometimes smile.gif

I think that the word you're looking for is tenacious. Badgers are tenacious. It's marmosets that are stubborn.
Mr Fuzzy
being a malevolent scroat i would have mailbombed him back to 300bps long since.
Pab
well ... his perspective is likely to be somewhat off par at this point ... I'd guess he sees matazone as a war-zone, primed against him, where he is 'the victim' and every body else is 'the enemy' ... thus falsifying any humanity that may otherwise have tainted his responses. He is not looking for and/or expecting reason, he is expecting aggression. He may not take the time to interpret any form of communication. He wouldnt even be far wrong in assuming that most people on this board (as 1 example) are biased against him. He is a child. He may learn, in time. His main crime seems to be that of not acknowledging reason from 'the opposite trenches' (ie: not even reading the words) and deciding to allow himself to escalate things to a simple vengence/insult match. It is a shame that somebody of seemingly able theoretical mental capacities should bypass the established rules of communication and just go 'd***head' on his peers.

Mata. You ARE trying to get blood out of a stone (as they say down our way). The man obviously isnt qualified to manage conflict situations. Would Sadam go for a Big Wopper? (probably) I think not. Are the boards biased against him? yes they are. Was he ganged up upon? yes, he was. Maturely? No, he wasnt.

Is he an arsehole? It would seem so, but it is a subjective term. His age is a hard one, and he got the closest you can get to a public lynching on this board, by his peers, in an often-enough similarly immature fashion.

Yeah, I'm glad enough to be rid of him ... but I'm not surprised he doesnt see reason in any of it. And THIS is when i say stop waisting your time. Besides, something had to explain organised religion going on so long ...

edited to add:

The fact that this point of view may not agree with everybodies doesnt make it any less my point of view. I dont 'just go along' with everybody. I make my own opinions. critics? live with it.
Phyllis
I just had the most bizarre conversation ever.

Logic IMed me on AIM out of nowhere. His original intent was to find out something or other about Sean (I proved little help in this department). We eventually got into him asking me questions about why some things he did made people angry. I tried to explain as best I could, and it ended up with him saying, "Then it must have been all my fault after all..."

I'm not sure what to think about all of this. I hope what I said really did sink in...but part of me just wonders about his motives. I wonder...is he only pretending to feel guilty because he wants to come back, and he's decided to confess how badly he feels to everyone and he just happened to decide to start with me?

I really hope that it's the former...but I'm sadly inclined to think that it's the latter. This is all rather confusing.

Logic apparently was under the impression that Dayan, Syuu, Missy, me, Sean, and all the rest of our close friends all know eachother in real life and were, in the words of Missy, "a coalition of RLers that conspired to take him down." I'm not really sure why he thought this, but he was rather shocked when I told him that wasn't the case.
magikeyes14
i used to be frends with Kevin (logic or whatevr u want to call him) recently he has been...... over excessive about 'getting back' at us.. or whatever... i have had sum quite.... hurtful convorsations with him. he doesnt seem to undertsnad that what he says affects other people... well, i dont really feel like showing the painful IM's so yah.. basicly he threatend matazone.. mata.. all of us.. said sum very mean stuff about Dayan and DIDNT EVEN UNDERTSNAD WHAT HE WAS SAYING WAS WRONG!.. he has no consideration for anyone but himself.. im glad he is gone. u did right mata... smile.gif
Mata
Well, I had a reply this time:

Thank you, that was much better.

*shrugs* Maybe he understood that I'm not trying to be malevolent, I'm just trying to stop him making enemies wherever he posts messages on boards. Who knows, maybe the stone has bled.
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (Mata @ Dec 16 2003, 12:56 PM)
Well, I had a reply this time:

Thank you, that was much better.

*shrugs* Maybe he understood that I'm not trying to be malevolent, I'm just trying to stop him making enemies wherever he posts messages on boards. Who knows, maybe the stone has bled.

I doubt it! That just sounds like he is being sarcastic and rude and if someone said that to my face I'd slap 'em! dry.gif

It's difficult to get tone across in PM's and emails but going on past experience....... rolleyes.gif
Phyllis
QUOTE (magikeyes14 @ Dec 15 2003, 10:30 PM)
i used to be frends with Kevin (logic or whatevr u want to call him) recently he has been...... over excessive about 'getting back' at us.. or whatever... i have had sum quite.... hurtful convorsations with him. he doesnt seem to undertsnad that what he says affects other people... well, i dont really feel like showing the painful IM's so yah.. basicly he threatend matazone.. mata.. all of us.. said sum very mean stuff about Dayan and DIDNT EVEN UNDERTSNAD WHAT HE WAS SAYING WAS WRONG!.. he has no consideration for anyone but himself.. im glad he is gone. u did right mata... smile.gif

That really makes me question his motives for that conversation I had with him last night. Because he was obviously trying to seem remorseful and actually said to me that he was wrong. It's really sad if the only reason he had for saying those things were ulterior motives...but that's really what I have to suspect. I don't see how what I said could have broken through all that hatred he had in just a short 15 minute conversation. I wonder if he'll IM me again.

Maybe I should just block him. I'd like to believe the best of people...but this just seems very fishy.
magikeyes14
ok well, go me.. Kevin has now personaly threatend me! *rolls eyes* i find it actualy amusing.... well ok, he IMed me todae on AIM and asked me if i would talk to him and i said no becuase he is an inconsiderate person, self centered and something else that was fairly nice.. for calling him basicly an asshole... and he told me im not much better... so in a nice way i said yes and no... no im not better then him becuase i dont really think anyone can be better then anyone else... BUT i also believe Kevin is very very shallow and willing to do sum stoopid stuff just for revenge.. therefore he is self centered.. ANYWAYS... i said yes becuase i am not self centered nor am i an inconsiderate person.. i believe i have taken everyone's opinions into consideration and i value them.. ok i keep getting sidetrackd... SO i told him goodbye and bloacked him from my AIM account.. he IMs me a second later on YIM telling me im dumb for not blocking him from YIM so i did... then Erik (ATD) tell me that Kevin is saying 'stuff' about me...

logicmn6: Besides that, I know where Krys lives... heh heh...
logicmn6: What I'm saying is that she can't just shut me out.
logicmn6: Because I'm willing to go throw bricks through her fucking window if that's what it takes.

thats basicly it... (he was talking to ATD by the way.. becusae i blocked him)
anyways.... Kevin has......issues... im glad he is banned
spiffilicious05
:::growels at kevin::: MINE

no touchy! don't hurt my krsyie, mine mine, mine!!!!! mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif

**snuggles her krysie** good krysie, soft, wonderful, cute, beautiful krysie smile.gif

:::growels at keven::: leave her alone mrawr

logicmn6: Besides that, I know where Krys lives... heh heh...
logicmn6: What I'm saying is that she can't just shut me out.
logicmn6: Because I'm willing to go throw bricks through her fucking window if that's what it takes.

How would you like it if I threw bricks at YOUR window? mad.gif
MistressAlti
Krys, if he continues with the threats, find out who his internet service provider is, report his illegal behavior (because threats are illegal) and let them handle it from there. Chances are, they'll remove his service. I don't know how long that would handle the problem, but it could help.
magikeyes14
*hugs trina* thankx... OOOO! there is MORE!

acidnerfi: the only person who agrees with your sick humor is YOU
logicmn6: Wrong again, mate.
logicmn6: Sure, you Matacronies may not like me... lots of other people do. You see, you're all a bunch of corrupt loonies.
acidnerfi: and so you have your own group of sick friends that find your humor about the deaths of the loved ones of other amusing?
logicmn6: Mmm... yeah, I guess I do.
logicmn6: And I'm talking REAL ones, not some b*tch I meet online.

wooooo! im an online b*tch!

luvmealways18 (3:37:46 PM): *shurgs* i would rather be a female dog then an a*shole.. at least sh*t doesnt come out of my mouth
acidnerfi (3:39:14 PM): logicmn6: Hmm... I give that a 0.0

yah whatever... im getting really tired of him...... dry.gif
MistressAlti
You all would do well just to break association with him. He's not been good to any of us, and he seems hell-bent on hurting feelings, burning bridges, and screaming empty threats in impotent rage.

He hasn't learned a damn thing from any of this. That makes me sad.
Sir Psycho Sexy
he sent a rather offensive message to someone a little while ago and i replied with something he'd understand, never heard back from him on that subject, and i don't think he sent a message back to that person either...well if he did i didn't find out about it....i should find out i wouldn't mind shouting at him more
magikeyes14
I agree with you missy

Erik: logicmn6: And the fact that she doesn't exist.
luvmealways18: hahaha
luvmealways18: im unreal
luvmealways18: !
luvmealways18: woooo!
luvmealways18: im not real! i dont exist
Erik: logicmn6: just a computer program. I made it myself. Impressive, huh?
luvmealways18: im a ghost happy.gif
luvmealways18: im a computer program!
luvmealways18: wow i didnt know that
luvmealways18: if he could make a computer work it would amaze me

soooo... im a computer program made by Kevin..... wow... and i thought i made sum stoopid comments,.. this is getting real old... im glad i've blocked him
monkey_called_narth
does anyone see the irony of a moron being named logic man??
acidteardrop
mmm, ive ripped him a few new assholes. i didnt beleive anyone could get lower than me. i guess i was very very wrong.

dont worry krys.

logicmn6: If I told you, you'd probably be there with an illegally purchased gun.

hes f--king right i would be there if he were throwing bricks at your window!

/me loads a revolver and a 12-gauge

come on kevin, im waiting
MistressAlti
All right everyone, let's not make new threats, we're no better than him if we do.

I know what he says is horrible and infuriating, but try to stay level-headed...
Sir Psycho Sexy
QUOTE (monkey_called_narth @ Dec 17 2003, 12:16 AM)

And the Irony award goes too...... Miss Bullet!!!
monkey_called_narth
QUOTE (Sir_Psycho_Sexy @ Dec 17 2003, 12:19 AM)
QUOTE (monkey_called_narth @ Dec 17 2003, 12:16 AM)

And the Irony award goes too...... Miss Bullet!!!

but.... my names not miss bullet! its narth!
magikeyes14
i agree Missy... im sorry if i made a threat...didnt mean to.... *shurgs* i dont think we could go as low as him.... he;'s pritty low....like.. lower then dirt
acidteardrop
QUOTE (MistressAlti @ Dec 17 2003, 12:18 AM)
All right everyone, let's not make new threats, we're no better than him if we do.

I know what he says is horrible and infuriating, but try to stay level-headed...

*hangs head* sorry missy.

your right. well, im blocking him anyways. i dont need anymore o fhim.
werewolf3361
well... if Krys is allowed to post parts of convo things so am I... I just want to say that I wish to stay nutral in this thing.... the only reason I'm posting this is that I want all this sh*t over too.....

logicmn6: I'm trying to end this right now... so please go to Matazone and tell everyone I'm sorry, I admit that it was my fault, I was wrong about everything, I realize that I made an enormous mistake, etc. Embellish it a bit; I just want this over.
logicmn6: For good.

so please everyone just shut it..... jeez.....
magikeyes14
i've heard his sorrys to many times to beileve him anymore.. and he has done way to much to hurt me.. im sorry that it ever had to come to this but i honestly dont believe him anymore... he told me one moment that he was sorry then the next said he had nothing to be sorry for.... he contradicts himself to much and he is most likley lying...... *sighs* and i WILL NOT ignore the factthat he directly insulted me and threatened me.. even if they were only idle threats.... they were threats all together.. ok im done rambling..
MistressAlti
All right all, I'm going to leave you with something he said to a just a few minutes ago. Take from this what you want. After that, the thread's gonna be closed.

I asked him what happened. He said:
"Elf made a thread on the Elven-board about Dayan's suicide, and I posted in it several times, nothing hostile or unkind, you can be sure of that, and then a bunch of the people who came from Matazone.came upon the thread and demanded that I stop posting in it immediately because "Dayan would not have wanted that" and I got angry and argued with them and it turned into a big f*****g mess and I wish I had never said any of the things I did so that this never would have happened, regardless of who was at fault, because it's making me f*****g miserable, along with everyone else."

On what happened with magik, ATD, and others:
"Well... they heard about it, though not from me, so they got the other side of the story. I'm not sure if it really differs that much, or at all, but they got really angry... and yes, I did unfortunately send several nasty PMs suggesting that Dayan was in hell for committing suicide, something I very much regret now because, for one, even if he is it's not my business, and two, it made everyone so angry that now I'm completely screwed. I was banned from both Matazone and the Elven-board owing to implications, all my online friends hate me now, and the worst part is that it's mostly my fault."

I asked him why he doesn't just apologize if all that is true and he believes himself reponsible:
"I mean to but I have no way of contacting them and every time I try I say the wring thing and make it worse and I don't know why I'm just an idiot..."

I have no idea how true any of this is, nor no indication of sincerity, but it is the most civil thing he's ever said to me, so I thought you all should know.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.