Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What's On Your Christmas List ?
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2
Succubusalicious
What's Santa bringing you then ?? Personally I asked for Tim Wheeler covered in chocolate...but er... failing that, the new Muse album, cool clothes and jewellery, (how boring am I ??!!) Hope you asked for more interesting things than I did !! Hannah xx
{Gothic Angel}
I asked for 4 CDs tongue.gif mums got me a rlly nice "smart" outfit though, hopefully to be my prom dress next year smile.gif
Sun Tsu
3-4 CD's and a drumkit. Ah, yes, no-one on my street is getting any sleep on my watch.... >=)
Succubusalicious
Yay a drumkit !! Wish I could play drums. It's one of those things that I'd love to do if I had the time and could be bothered and wasn't so lazy and so scared of failing. unsure.gif
spiffilicious05
I know im getting a guitar(yay)

and if my mom has any money left then some cds maybe, and a day at the spa laugh.gif ::yay::
CrazyFooIAintGettinOnNoPlane
DANCE MATS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Polocrunch
I was feeling intellectual this year, so I decided to ask for all of the short-listed books for this year's Booker Prize.

And Tim Wheeler sucks monkey front-tails.
WeeJ
Santa's taking me to Florida this year.
Seriously, I'm flying out there Christmas day with my boyfriend and the rest of his family. We're swimming with dolphins on the 27th of December biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
FurryMammal
QUOTE (WeeJ @ Dec 2 2003, 10:09 PM)
Seriously, I'm flying out there Christmas day with my boyfriend and the rest of his family. We're swimming with dolphins on the 27th of December biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

ohh iv heard some people compare swimming with dolphins to swimming with nine hulking lumps of muscle, with nasty teeth and high pitched squeeling. Of course, iv heard its also an amazing experience. just watch out for the giant mandibles of death they are no doubt hiding.

i mean err.... have fun! biggrin.gif

for christmas i would like happiness. in some form or another biggrin.gif tralala

oh and succubusalicious, the new muse album is good. i like every track on it. well worth it biggrin.gif *end random review*
Tarantio
Santa, I hope, will be bringing me another lump of coal. Four more years and I should be able to light that fire under the chimney. Then we'll see whos the boss at christmas >:D
elf
i want ... books. and a new computer. and a better life. (but that's not possible tongue.gif)
Twitching
Ummm I asked for a bunch of books by Terry Pratchett that I don't already own. And a couple of movies and cds.

Anyone else like Terry Pratchett?
Tigersong
QUOTE (Twitching @ Dec 3 2003, 12:13 AM)

Oh my goodness, yes, I worship Terry Prachett and the ground that he walks upon.

Mmm, asked for a DVD player, bunch of CDs. That's pretty much it. My family is annoyed with me because I suck at Christmas lists.
doublehelix00101001
the Audioslave, A.F.I., and The Darkness CDS and a Gamecube and a black cloak and a DVD Player and a camcorder...I'm so high maitenance tongue.gif oh and a book called The Crimson Petal and the White...anyone read it?
werewolf3361
Lots of CDs, a PS2(I know I'm getting one! finally!), books, money, and my parents to for this year only to get me beter stuff then my lil princess of a sister (ha! like that's gonna happen! dry.gif ) biggrin.gif laugh.gif
CrissiLove
I don't really have anything on my Christmas list.... Christmas is my absolutely favorite holiday, but I'm having trouble getting into it this year. I don't really want any gifts. I just hope to get more in the Christmas spirit before Christmas Eve.
Industrial Kybosh
QUOTE (Tarantio @ Dec 2 2003, 10:26 PM)
Santa, I hope, will be bringing me another lump of coal. Four more years and I should be able to light that fire under the chimney. Then we'll see whos the boss at christmas >:D

Aaaah, that gave me a giggle... hee hee...

I don't ask for things nowadays. People say to me "what do you want?", and I give them a few ideas. As to what I'll actually get - that's anyone's guess.

The clever money's on Two Towers (extended edition, natch) from the folks, and Advance Wars 2 from the missus. Anything else will be a pleasant surprise. Unless it's cack.
Flee
Um.... I asked Santa for really expensive art pens....I mean really expensive blink.gif . I Don't know if I'm gonna get a whole 36 tho. I think hes trying to save money on me this year dry.gif. And um..... I dunno. I had other things but now all I really want are those artpens. It would make all the gifts under the tree look sad, if we have a tree this year. Our living room is filled with crap and needs to be cleaned if we want to have one.....anyways I'm rambling now.
MoonlightSavingsTime
Two Towers Extended Edition

A job that doesn't humiliate me or stress me out and earns me some good money

And as of last night, I'm adding a toaster to my Christmas list, since the boyfriend accidentally melted a plastic margarine cover into the toaster last night. blink.gif laugh.gif
TigerLily013
Hmmmm...Well I definitely would want my boyfriend here with me and some phone cards (lots of them!) I know the phone card thing would work but he would also be spending christmas with family this year, least we can talk and be together in spirit smile.gif wub.gif

As for other stuff, perhaps a couple pairs of jeans, mood rings (like the reeeeeally nice ones) umm a new keyboard wink.gif, printer cartridge refill, monitor cleaner and of course candy laugh.gif dun forget the candy! tongue.gif
Pixelgoth
Not sure what I'm getting. I reckon money probably and little gifts to make up for the lack of imagination laugh.gif Nah, I always ask for money as I'm always skint around Xmas sad.gif I did ask for the Seven Ages of Britain book from my step mum. I have NO idea what Ed is getting me. He's being all cagey dry.gif I did ask for a Porsche 911 c.1989 but I don't think he'll stretch to that smile.gif
Pab
Went shopping the other day, have a look for ideas ... I HAD TO give in and get an EYE TOY for the PS2 ... just so it couldnt be on a wish list.... GO OUT AND GET ONE NOW! .... what a toy ... THAT would be one hell of a Xmas present ...
CommieBastard
My parents insist that I draw up a formal list, separated into categories.

Books:

The Metamorphosis of Prime Intellect by Roger Williams

Robin Hobb’s Tawny Man trilogy

Albert Camus – The Stranger

Terry Pratchett – Monstrous Regiment

Legends II

CDs:

Daft Punk – Homework

Daft Punk – Discovery

Christian Death – Catastrophe Ballet

Voltaire – The Devil’s Bris

Voltaire – Boo Hoo

Gackt – Moon

VNV Nation – Praise The Fallen

Rob Zombie – Hellbilly Deluxe

King Crimson – Starless and Bible Black

The Cure – Kiss Me Kiss Me Kiss Me

Video/DVD:

South Park – Bigger, Longer and Uncut

Donnie Darko

The Happiness of the Katakuris

Spirited Away

Baseketball

Games:

Half-Life (PC)

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance (GBA)

Halo: Combat Evolved (PC)

Gregory Horror Show (PS2)
the lil' pie fairy
i asked for a new stereo (3dc changer minimum plus spanking features like big huge lovely powerful speakers etc etc) a bass and amp, (or an electric) (guitar, that is) cd's and stuff and books and funky things...

oh and some FMB's laugh.gif
porcelainwarrior
i've asked for a digital camera (which i got to help choose...oooh...it's purdy...) and memory cards for said camera. and i guess i'll get some cds and jewelry like i usually do...and socks...i always get cool socks...bah...rambling...

and my birthday's on new years and i'll be 17!!! so my mum and dad are getting me my provisional licence and driving lessons as far as i know unsure.gif i got a star last year...aww...was purdy too...
MistressAlti
I hear that stupid "All I want for Christmas Is You" song playing in the back of my head. Make it go AWAY...

I don't really want anything. Christmas gifts = a big pain.
Industrial Kybosh
QUOTE (CommieBastard @ Dec 3 2003, 02:22 PM)

Saw a trailer for that on the Dark Water DVD. Looks seventeen shades of bonkers. Great!

Good call on Tactics Advance, BTW. So very addictive...
CommieBastard
QUOTE (Industrial Kybosh @ Dec 3 2003, 02:44 PM)
QUOTE (CommieBastard @ Dec 3 2003, 02:22 PM)

Saw a trailer for that on the Dark Water DVD. Looks seventeen shades of bonkers. Great!

Absolutely mad. The entire cast bursts into song over everything. The film goes into claymation at various points for no apparent reason. Somebody suffocates underneath a dead sumo wrestler.

Genius.
Silver Star Angel of Da Towers
GAMES! gamesgamesgamesgamesgames!!! and hopefully clothes lol
Oni Usagi
Well the most important thing on my christmas is a Gameboy Advance SP. Specifically the red one. And after that, there's a short list of games. Final Fantasy Tactics, Sonic Advance, Yugioh Stairway to the Destined Duel, Lunar Legend, Super Mario Advance 4, and Zelda: A link to the Past
Sir Psycho Sexy
my two front teeth....ok but i had to say it

umm...don't really know...probably just clothes and stuff...yanno?
acidteardrop
my dad is being nice this year. normally i get _maybe_ if im lucky ill get, like, a $20...but then i end up not spending it cos everyone needs money, and im a pushover.

but this year...my dad is paying for half of my new snowboard! happy.gif i have to pay for half of it..but now i can get a really nice one instead of some sh*tty plastic one. im thinkin fiberglass. mm...prolly a bad idea, since i need a new one cos i broke my last one tongue.gif. idk, maybe i should go with 440 stainless tongue.gif j/p

idk what im getting it made of, but whatever. i get a nice one this year, thats what matters.

[edit]how could i have forgotten? im doing volunteer work at a womens shelter this saturday, and a few others as it nears christmas putting on big dinners. im doing one in Boston christmas day, big christmas dinner im volunterring at. i love seeing the smiles on peoples faces when i bring their food out and start talking to them. they get very lonely you know.
VVes
I wish I could get the grant and build a resource center for the disabled community here in Austin, like maybe buy some wheelchairs, accessible vans, communication devices, etc.

:: crosses fingers ::

Personally , I need nothing.
prezgfish
i want to be free

thats all i want for christmas

and i dont think i'll get that wish
sammi
Wh00t! biggrin.gif Good luck to you, acidteardrop w/ your new snowboard! Sounds snazzy. cool.gif

The holidays are really starting to get on my nerves this year, not particularly sure why... Probably because I really want to get people what they want and I expect myself to get presents for everyone I <3 because I want to and see smiles on their faces and such, but I seem to be broke... dry.gif I've been giving so much to charities school is sponsoring that now I have no money for my own family 'n friends, but I love the work charities do, so I feel like it's worthwhile. I really like doing community service 'n agree w/ acidteardrop - the smiles on their faces are irreplacable, and always make my holidays. Sounds kinda sappy, I know, but it's true.

I don't really want much anyways, and even if I did, it wouldn't matter much since it's just another object; a possession, if you will... I keep hearing that song too... All I want for christmaaaas is youuuuuu~! biggrin.gif So yeah, instead of my desiring something for myself here's my holiday wish: that everyone on here gets what they desire. And nothing less. Happy Holidays, everyone! <3
antagony
PVC. Lots of PVC.

Actually I do have a list, and it gets modified whenever I get something that was on it, or find something else that I want. It's much too long to post here (because I'm materialistic and that's fun) but it consists mainly of music and random shiny things.
prezgfish
QUOTE (antagony @ Dec 4 2003, 01:47 AM)
PVC. Lots of PVC.

Actually I do have a list, and it gets modified whenever I get something that was on it, or find something else that I want. It's much too long to post here (because I'm materialistic and that's fun) but it consists mainly of music and random shiny things.

how bout some liquid latex?
WeeJ
QUOTE (FurryMammal @ Dec 2 2003, 10:18 PM)

ohh iv heard some people compare swimming with dolphins to swimming with nine hulking lumps of muscle, with nasty teeth and high pitched squeeling. Of course, iv heard its also an amazing experience. just watch out for the giant mandibles of death they are no doubt hiding.

blink.gif
ph34r.gif

I'll be on my guard now unsure.gif
CommieBastard
QUOTE (antagony @ Dec 4 2003, 01:47 AM)
PVC. Lots of PVC.

You don't have enough already?
FurryMammal
QUOTE (WeeJ @ Dec 4 2003, 02:00 PM)
QUOTE (FurryMammal @ Dec 2 2003, 10:18 PM)

blink.gif
ph34r.gif

I'll be on my guard now unsure.gif

i carry a large range of concealable harpoon equipment if you're interested ph34r.gif

apart from that, iv heard its ace biggrin.gif have fun!
gerbilfromhell
CDs, games, clothes. and garfield books.

actually, maybe i can get my dad to get me some of those japanese super-salty wafer/cracker things (i haven't had one in a few years, so i can't really remember what they looked like). maybe 10 boxes of them. or maybe just 10 pounds of salt wink.gif
Jaq
Music and um... CDs? erm... I know there's something else... books?
vicrawr
A computer chair, nice digicam, RAM, and cash.
Succubusalicious
QUOTE (Twitching @ Dec 3 2003, 12:13 AM)
Ummm I asked for a bunch of books by Terry Pratchett that I don't already own. And a couple of movies and cds.

Terry Pratchett is my friend's uncle's best friend.

Get me.
Sun Tsu
See, my birthday is on the 11th, so I get everything at once. That's why some swag will be mine on Thursday. Hooray!

I have to get Marvel vs. Capcom 2 also. Nothing wraps up a Christmas like Marvel-related goodness.
kidvicious2punk
not much..

my parents are shipping me off to washington dc...then after 2-3 days im gonna be in new york..

so thats where all of "santa's magic" is going
prezgfish
QUOTE (FurryMammal @ Dec 4 2003, 05:38 PM)
i carry a large range of concealable harpoon equipment if you're interested ph34r.gif

apart from that, iv heard its ace biggrin.gif have fun!

how do yuo conceal a harpoon

they're huge
monkey_called_narth
1. a new bass
2. a new amp
3. a new cd player for my car because i broke the other
4. a new camcorder because my brother droped the one i have in a lake 3 days ago
Whispers
A peacful and happy christmas is all I want cool.gif
Sir Psycho Sexy
QUOTE (monkey_called_narth @ Dec 5 2003, 05:45 AM)
1. a new bass
2. a new amp
3. a new cd player for my car because i broke the other
4. a new camcorder because my brother droped the one i have in a lake 3 days ago

only a few small gifts then?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.