Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What Is The Matrix Drinking Game?
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > About the animations
Mata
http://www.matazone.co.uk/what-is-the-matr...nking-game.html

Thanks to everyone who put in ideas for this!

I've editted things down, rewritten and tried to prevent to much overlapping of the rules. Hopefully it all makes sense.

I think it's fair to say that people will be very drunk indeed by the time they're finished.
Zesty
what if we are drunk before we even start?
Mata
Then you will sleep very soundly that night.
acidteardrop
i love you mata!

in tehcredits....my name is first! w00t!
Zesty
is it likely that a drunk person is going to remember all of those rules lol
Mr Fuzzy
You do, of course, realise we're going to have to sit down some time with the full set to test this...
VVes
QUOTE (Mr Fuzzy @ Dec 3 2003, 06:58 PM)
You do, of course, realise we're going to have to sit down some time with the full set to test this...

Acid and I would volunteer to test it, but we're still under legal drinking age in our localities... gah

laugh.gif

Great job, Mata!
prezgfish
too drunk to quickly

wouldnr survive first film

let alone trilogy
Mata
QUOTE (Zesty @ Dec 3 2003, 11:50 PM)

And that's when the last rule comes into effect, when people _think_ there's a rule people should be drinking for but don't recall what it is and tell everyone to drink at the wrong time. Hurrah!

Of course, how drunk you get really does depend on exactly what you class as 'a drink', I take that to mean a swig, so it's likely a player could possibly stand by the end of it.... Maybe... Anyway, you can always stop and enjoy the films in the perfect state of mind when you get as drunk as you wish to be.

And yes, I do realise we will have to test this Barry. biggrin.gif
Sir Psycho Sexy
oh oh! leave it til february then we can all play and get absolutly trollied....esspecially since mata's a light weight XD
Mata
QUOTE (Sir_Psycho_Sexy @ Dec 4 2003, 01:11 AM)
oh oh! leave it til february then we can all play and get absolutly trollied....esspecially since mata's a light weight XD

I would be scandalised by that remark if it weren't for that plain fact that it's true.
MistressAlti
I helped... with something... on Matazone's front page!

/me squeals in stupid fangirl delight
Zesty
QUOTE (Mata @ Dec 4 2003, 12:56 AM)
QUOTE (Zesty @ Dec 3 2003, 11:50 PM)

And that's when the last rule comes into effect, when people _think_ there's a rule people should be drinking for but don't recall what it is and tell everyone to drink at the wrong time. Hurrah!

so basically the game turns into everyone watches the matrix and takes a shot whenever they feel it necessary? laugh.gif

plz dont kill me but i have never even seen the matrix. unsure.gif ph34r.gif i would be totally lost playing this game
Mata
QUOTE (Zesty @ Dec 4 2003, 02:13 AM)
so basically the game turns into everyone watches the matrix and takes a shot whenever they feel it necessary? laugh.gif

Pretty much. That's what happens with the Star Wars ones anyway.

plz dont kill me but i have never even seen the matrix. unsure.gif  ph34r.gif  i would be totally lost playing this game

The first one is great, although the effects probably don't look nearly as revolutionary now as they did four years ago. The second one is alright but lacks tension, and I personally really enjoyed the third one, but most people appear not to agree with me there.

If nothing else, they're a bit of shared cultural currency and worth seeing for that. A bit like Blade Runner... Now don't tell me you haven't seen that either?!
Zesty
funny story: one day i was sitting around w my friends and said "what would happen if the entire world was just a computer program and the whole thing is an illusion". They all looked at me funny and said "yeah that is what happens in the Matrix".

I had never seen the matrix and knew nothing of what it was about...they thought i was lying that i hadn;t. lol.

I have access to blade runner on DVD but i have never seen it. Maybe i should watch it. Doesnt it have harrison ford in it?
gerbilfromhell
ohmy.gif
i'm mentioned on the front page! biggrin.gif

finally, now i can stop trying to beat those impossible-to-beat high scores in the 'yes, we have no WMD' game laugh.gif

if it weren't for those unimportant things we call 'laws' and 'parents', i'd try this game myself wink.gif

and zesty: you've never watched the matrix OR bladerunner ohmy.gif
/me gasps in shock
go and watch them! your life won't be complete without it
CommieBastard
QUOTE (Mr Fuzzy @ Dec 3 2003, 11:58 PM)

Tell me again how long it takes to get to Winchester?
Mr Fuzzy
Well, that depends on whether the damned train gets delayed for an hour or not... Supposedly it only takes about an hour from Waterloo.
CommieBastard
Damn trains obstructing a sacred mission of special effects and alcohol poisoning!
CrazyFooIAintGettinOnNoPlane
QUOTE (Mata @ Dec 4 2003, 03:36 AM)
The first one is great, although the effects probably don't look nearly as revolutionary now as they did four years ago. The second one is alright but lacks tension, and I personally really enjoyed the third one, but most people appear not to agree with me there.

I agree with you Mata!
I liked the third film so nerr tongue.gif It was good an confuzling.. and kind of explained things a bit.. but the fight seens did drag on a bit. The second one was rubbish.

I wish I was old enough to buy alcohol sad.gif
Zesty
QUOTE (gerbilfromhell @ Dec 4 2003, 05:32 PM)
/me gasps in shock

*Runs to video store to rent 'the matrix' so my life will be complete*

seriously tho, i have been intending to watch that movie for about 3 years now. If movies don't park themselves on my doorstep and scream "watch me" i usually dont end up watching them.
kidvicious2punk
i TRIED to watch teh matrix...once...but i couldnt keep up..

all i remember is...the thing taking over the guy's body..

lol..

maybe i'll get on the page sometime...

maybe i can donate some socks....
werewolf3361
I've never seen the Matrix..... I know I should... but i've never seen it.... I want to though....
Ocean!
I should try it. Although I'm only 13.. Well... 14... On tuesday..

Anyways, I laughed so hard.. biggrin.gif
Pab
QUOTE (Zesty @ Dec 5 2003, 12:30 AM)
QUOTE (gerbilfromhell @ Dec 4 2003, 05:32 PM)

/me gasps in shock

*Runs to video store to rent 'the matrix' so my life will be complete*

seriously tho, i have been intending to watch that movie for about 3 years now. If movies don't park themselves on my doorstep and scream "watch me" i usually dont end up watching them.

meh ... know the feeling. Where I live, I have to see it dubbed in Spanish or wait for the DVD. So yeah ... movies either make their way to me, or I go without ...

... so ... you havent seen 'El Matrix'? Jesus, hombre, no has vivido ...
Jonman
QUOTE (CommieBastard @ Dec 4 2003, 10:43 AM)
QUOTE (Mr Fuzzy @ Dec 3 2003, 11:58 PM)

Tell me again how long it takes to get to Winchester?

Oh getting in is easy. It's getting out that's the problem.

BTW, I demand to play the game too. Either you lot come over to the States to play, or wait until I'm there. Which could be as early as March depending on how Immigrated and Naturalised I am by then.
Sir Psycho Sexy
not march, feburary, the meets in feburary...somepeople would forget their head if wasn't screwed on
cait
Gods, I'd be gone within the first twenty minutes of the film, if not before then.

*is a very cheap drunk*

Is this some form of conspiracey to get me dead?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.