Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Cult Of The Saviour
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daft
Pages: 1, 2
gerbilfromhell
umm.... i actually joined this awhile ago, then forgot all about it... oops unsure.gif

but i AM still in this cult/religion. what postions're left?

is 'non-hermit monk' still open?
Phyllis
QUOTE (gerbilfromhell @ Dec 13 2003, 03:52 AM)
umm.... i actually joined this awhile ago, then forgot all about it... oops unsure.gif

but i AM still in this cult/religion. what postions're left?

is 'non-hermit monk' still open?

Nono Gerb...you see...you start at the bottom of the list that was posted and work your way up. Although, as a long-standing member of the RPA, you're probably eligible to get bumped up a few spaces since it's another anti-spam organization. Like me...I'm now a cog. I also used my e-married to the VJ status as leverage..and cookies.

You could bribe them by dancing around in a ballerina outfit and singing "I'm a rodent! Gerbils are rodents! Ohhh yes we aaaare!"

Just a suggestion. biggrin.gif
MistressAlti
QUOTE (jicama @ Dec 13 2003, 01:59 AM)
...well i'm the spirit, but i think the sob is the leader... tongue.gif

what do you suggest?

Well, perhaps we should merge. Your religious philosophy makes more sense than ours, but we're more fun, so if we combine the two we can have Teh Best Religion Evar.

The only problem I forsee is the, uh, saviour thing... You see, InKy's our holy one, but you already HAVE a holy one. A couple holy ones. So where would he fit in?
jicama
well, we have a virgin, a ghost, and a savior, but we don't have a father figure or a judas...
Tigersong
I'm all for the merging of the religions. But I see problems:

1) we have a hierarchy, of sorts. Albeit, a stupidly crappy one, but it's there.
2) we actually sort of have a doctrine. It might conflict with yours.

After that, I really don't have too much of a problem with joining religions. I'm the SOB, but InKy can be the Messiah God Figure. Or something. Up till now, we really didn't have a deity, so that might work. Maybe I'm the incarnation of the spirit of InKy, or something. Or I'm the human part, he's the god part. Suggestions, anyone?

-- the SOB
jicama
it works for me.

wait... to be a theist, you have to believe in a deity. i don't believe in the sob, i know he exists... so i'm still an atheist, right?
Tigersong
QUOTE (jicama @ Dec 13 2003, 08:38 PM)
it works for me.

wait... to be a theist, you have to believe in a deity.  i don't believe in the sob, i know he exists... so i'm still an atheist, right?

You don't believe in me? sad.gif
/me says in an annoying childish voice: "I believe in you, Jicama!"

But sure, you know I exist. You go. You're still an atheist. An atheistic leader of the Cult, but an atheist nonetheless. biggrin.gif

/me giggles at the though of Jicama in a religion.

-- the SOB
MistressAlti
QUOTE (Tigersong @ Dec 13 2003, 02:13 PM)
I'm all for the merging of the religions. But I see problems:

1) we have a hierarchy, of sorts. Albeit, a stupidly crappy one, but it's there.
2) we actually sort of have a doctrine. It might conflict with yours.

After that, I really don't have too much of a problem with joining religions. I'm the SOB, but InKy can be the Messiah God Figure. Or something. Up till now, we really didn't have a deity, so that might work. Maybe I'm the incarnation of the spirit of InKy, or something. Or I'm the human part, he's the god part. Suggestions, anyone?

1) I don't care, as long as I still get to be hymnleader.
2) Doctrine? Well, you know... I rarely follow those anyway.

InKy should be the god part. Since he's rarely around, it would make sense.
Tigersong
QUOTE (MistressAlti @ Dec 13 2003, 10:17 PM)
QUOTE (Tigersong @ Dec 13 2003, 02:13 PM)
I'm all for the merging of the religions.  But I see problems:

1) we have a hierarchy, of sorts.  Albeit, a stupidly crappy one, but it's there.
2) we actually sort of have a doctrine.  It might conflict with yours.

After that, I really don't have too much of a problem with joining religions.  I'm the SOB, but InKy can be the Messiah God Figure.  Or something.  Up till now, we really didn't have a deity, so that might work.  Maybe I'm the incarnation of the spirit of InKy, or something.  Or I'm the human part, he's the god part.  Suggestions, anyone?

1) I don't care, as long as I still get to be hymnleader.
2) Doctrine? Well, you know... I rarely follow those anyway.

InKy should be the god part. Since he's rarely around, it would make sense.

Well, I'm up for it, and I think the Smarmy Ghost and the VJ would be too, so it's really up to your religion to decide whether or not to join. Perhaps we should go make a democratic poll and then just do whatever the hell we want anyway. tongue.gif

-- the SOB
Jaq
Many religions have a saying which sums up their religion to live by. This religion is no different. Behold The Proverb

"Everyone gets older. Some people get wiser. The rest become attention whores"

Thus spoke the VJ (is anyone else disturbed by the fact that my acronym is the same acronym used by those perky kids on MTV who introduce the videos?)
Jaq
For bieng of utmost help to the VJ in the writing of The Proverb the former cog who is known as Candice is now a fishmonger.

Yea verily, a fishmonger thou art. And thou art a fishmonger.

Go forth young fishmonger. Monger those fishes but good, boy howdy!
Phyllis
QUOTE (Jaq @ Aug 21 2004, 08:41 PM)
Go forth young fishmonger.  Monger those fishes but good, boy howdy!

Thank you, VJ, I shall!

*starts a-mongering*

Newer people should read through the thread and join up! *nodnod* We seem to have lost the Prayer of the Virgin Jenn, though. Tis no longer in any sigs.
gothictheysay
Ah. I am interested, seeing as there have been a couple days lately in which I have restrained myself to the point where I am *not* on the top ten Posty list. *sob of happiness* Oh, one day, ONE DAY you will feel HONORED when I post in your thread, because I shall only post in threads worthy enough for me! Muahahaha!

Or, you can just hit me when I spam. Covered with bruises, I'll be sure to ease up. Speaking of our spirit...I miss her!
/me roams around boards only to look. nooo posty, no sirree. ph34r.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.