Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I'm Leaving
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2
monky of insanity
his bad side? he has a good side? why didnt he ever show it? i think i saw it once or twice

he showed it one or twice and he even put up a bord about it and ask if you all wanted to see it but he got few resposes and most were do what you want so he did what he wanted and you all made him mad for it....

so if you think hard you can say it's your falt for not seeing it and he told me there were nice people on this site and to exspet a lot but he was wrong.
leopold
QUOTE (gerbilfromhell @ Apr 12 2003, 02:31 AM)
Yeah, well I get sick o people complainin "Ooh that TV show was rude", "Ooh the food here is awful", "Ooh you're not being very nice to that person"...

People have a choice. If ya don't like summat, jus leave. Simple.

I've never, ever been nasty to you Gerbil, please don't let this wreck our friendship...
i dun plan on it, jus defendin a friend from a friend. i guess leavin america is reaaal different from leavin a forum...... i wish crazi were here so i wouldn't have to be basicly the only one defendin lod

K, then I'll say no more...

Ya will be pleased ta know yer bein ably assisted by Crissi, BTW...
Jonman
QUOTE (Hyperion @ Apr 12 2003, 02:27 AM)
Does anyone like America right now?

Um, me.

Well, I like the bit of it that I live in.
CovertYawn
I like America, or at least... I'd like to be America right now, cause I bet its friggin warmer than where I am now.
LoLo
Bye LOD.

You had your good days and your bad days.

The taking over the world thing guys, was probably him just messing around. Some people just get on their joking little schticks.

The spelling errors, yes they were slightly annoying but we all make them, not to the extent that LOD made, but again it's understandable why he did, and you still got the jist of the message.

The spamming you did LOD that was annoying. Related posts to related topics, or at least to the turn of how the topic has gone, is a good way to go. However, many on this forum have gotten caught up in this race for the top to prove their "superiority".

Sending the PM death threats is not cool. The death threats really bugged me when they were told to anyone, and in PM form it becomes a little more threating to the person it is meant to. On the board at least everyone knows about it and can be defended, plus it is more easily viewed as a joke.

So that's my two cents. LOD spamming/death threats not cool. Good luck to you, come back if you can get over those two issues. biggrin.gif
gerbilfromhell
thanx lolo. that was probably the most impartial, correct, and nicest post anyone's made in this thread or in my thread. thanx alot, glad some ppl can be nice. biggrin.gif
MistressAlti
Bye, LoD. It's been interesting knowing you.
CrissiLove
I agree with LoLo... and I liked the way you (LoLo) were able to phrase it smile.gif LoD had a good side... and he was nice sometimes... there were just certain things that really bothered people...
monky of insanity
thanks to all you that are nice to him biggrin.gif

he would have liked it.
gerbilfromhell
i got a reply to my e-mail to lod. here's what it said. all of you think about this when you read it. don't just read it and ignore it, try to see the forum from lod's point of view. it puts everythin in a whole different light
I'm glad you offered but I'm mad at all of them now....

I'm happy to see you are nice but I feel that they are what makes the
world
a bad place and that they are no going to be nice....

I will be off for at least a month if not forever but be nice to jason I
would kill anyone that is mean to him and tell them I'm waching them and
"Iif they ever make jason mad I shell personly hunt them down and kill
them!"

I'll not come back till I get a apology from all the people that are
dissing
me in my leaving post for sure if not for the others....

also I can't take one more time of trusting in people and having it
completle dissed till I want crying off the page and to cheese tell him
this

"you always wanted to know the biggest reason I hate the world you asked
at
least five times... well it's becouse people like you that I feel I can be

safe with and that I can trust but it always turns out the same they drive

me away and make me cry and so I leave and start somewhere else... I can't

take so much hatered so I leave and end up hating myself for running away
from my problems and then I blam it on others... and I feel bad for a few
days and then restart the cycle. that is why I hate the world becouse it
is
filled with people that cause missery in others."

you can say what you want about him. you can say he's a jerk (tho i know you're wrong), you can say we didnt' understand him, you can say whatever you want as long as you all really consider this. i'll respect the opinion of anyone who does.
monky of insanity
I hope someon reads it.
gerbilfromhell
i'm goin. i hope lod finds a group of friends that won't drive him away like the forum just did. bye lod, plz come back sad.gif
monky of insanity
he will be back i know it.

It will just take him some time and a little help from me and his other frends.
Jaq
I'm sorry that LoD has had hard times, I think everyone has though. This is the nicest, funniest, most supportive forum that I have been on. I hope that one day LoD can come back and we can all be happy to see him come back. I don't mind that he had bad spelling and grammar, lots of people do, it's a pet peeve of mine, but I wouldn't want to see someone leave or be yelled at just because of that. I don't mind that he wanted to destroy the world. Big deal, every 14 year old boy makes those comments at one time or another. They don't really mean it, and most people know that they're half-joking and from a kid that hasn't had the best time in the world. Spamming I don't really mind either. It can be annoying, but I've spammed before and usually it's not a big deal.

What I don't want to see is PM'ed death threats. It's not big, it's not clever and all you end up with is hurt feelings. He sent me threats and I did not appreciate them. It is stupid and scary. There's no way that you could possibly carry out with them, so why bother sending them?

When LoD can come back to the boards and participate in the conversation and community in a positive or at least humorous way, I'll be the first person to welcome him back. Until then I think it's better for everyone if he stays away.
monky of insanity
14 year old boy makes those comments

HE IS 16 AND ALMOST OUT OF HIS HOUSE AND STILL THINKS IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CrissiLove
I'll miss him and I really hope he does come back... I just hope that when he does, that the death threats will not come with him.

PS: Jaq, I am so proud to be your anti-noob!!! biggrin.gif
MistressAlti
I think the one thing we can all take from this is that people make mistakes. LoD upset us, scared us at times. Some of us judged LoD, hurt him, pushed him away. But the point is, it doesn't really matter. All of us - you, me, LoD, everyone - are altogether right and altogether wrong. I'm sorry that all this senseless fighting has to happen, but that's what this world runs on, senseless fighting... and we are all flawed people in this world, senselessly fighting with one another, all in some sick attempt to tell ourselves that we're right and someone else is wrong, thus validating our existence as worthwhile...

I dunno. I got to ranting, I suppose.
Smallsam
Lod, I wish you the best of luck. And I leave you with a happy go lucky, long distance, kamakazi death hug. Im sorry I never really got to know you, you seemed like a nifty guy. You just had a morbid sense of humor, I guess. Sarcasm doesnt translate well over the internet.
Jonman
Having missed the meat of the issue, and only going on the hearsay I've gathered from these threads, am I the only one to think "byebye, shutthe dooronyourwayout, dontcalluswe'llcallyou"

I mean, death threats? I can't decide whether to go for pathetic or abjectly stupid.

Stilll, not the most tolerant of folk, me.
craziness
sorry last night i went to bed early, thats what happens when you dont sleep all week-on friday night you go to sleep at 9. and i woke up at 445! to think.......

well anyways, i think that lod will come back, and i think some of you were errrrm.... kinda mean on this thread to him, and i was always nice to him and he was always nice to me, he was my anti-noob! so i just want to nicely say bye to him, he will come back and maybe hell be a little happier and nicer to everyone else. peace n love!
Mata
Firstly, Monky of Insanity, you're using the same IP address as LoD and you have the same writing style so I do have to assume that you are the same person.

From THE RULES:
1) no hatred

The very first rule of this place is that there is to be no hatred or you will be barred. I've already sent a private warning to LoD about his language threatening to attack another board member. This kind of violent language directed at other members of the board will not be tolerated.

You all keep saying you don't like me talking about distroying so I'm leaving you all can kiss my ass becouse when I distroy the world and torture the people if I hear anyhting about matazone I'll tourtue you for three years and make it so bad that you will bag for death........

so go drie up and die..........

Again the language here is threatening.

be nice to jason I
would kill anyone that is mean to him and tell them I'm waching them and
"Iif they ever make jason mad I shell personly hunt them down and kill
them!"

And once again this breaks the rules.

LoD has been given a chance to tone down his language which he has not taken. By the fact that everyone else on here can chat amicably it is irrational to suggest that there was an unfounded dislike for LoD.

I can understand being misunderstood. I would go as far to suggest that everyone on this forum has experienced it at some time in their life but this is no reason to attack others. There are many ways of explaining how you feel in the English language, many of which hold no relation to personal bodily threats. Such language does not help convince anyone of your viewpoint. Disagreements if they cannot be settled should be left.

As I say in my intros to animations, I prize highly the value of questioning ourselves and the world and we should remember that different people will come up with different answers. A rational answer should be explained in rational terms. LoD has consistently failed to explain his viewpoints in rational, non-inflamatory language.

It is for these reasons that I am sadly taking the step of barring LoD/MoI's IP address from posting on this forum. I will be opening a thread about this decsion on the board.

Mata
saucy_tara
I think the situation with LoD was that he could speak his mind and say whatever he wanted to, but if someone challenged what he said he took it as a personal insult and reacted in a way that was just innappropriate and threatening. I think it is appropriate that he has gone because he upset too many people, when in fact most of the time he started the arguments himself with no thought for the feelings of others. I hope in time he can resolve whatever issues he has within himself because I'm sure his state of mind is not a healthy one. My own opinion is that he needs more experience of real life because if he can't handle friendly criticism on an online forum he has no chance of making it in the real world.
iamtootiredyyyy
QUOTE (Jonman @ Apr 12 2003, 11:29 AM)
Having missed the meat of the issue, and only going on the hearsay I've gathered from these threads, am I the only one to think "byebye, shutthe dooronyourwayout, dontcalluswe'llcallyou"

I mean, death threats? I can't decide whether to go for pathetic or abjectly stupid.

Stilll, not the most tolerant of folk, me.

nope, you're not the only 1
monky of insanity
Firstly, Monky of Insanity, you're using the same IP address as LoD and you have the same writing style so I do have to assume that you are the same person.

I made it while over his house.

also I can only go on at his house becouse my parents don't let me be on fourms.
monky of insanity
no hatred: This means that there is to be no sexism, racism or homophobia. You can joke as long as everyone understands you're joking but if there is breech of this rule I ban you. Simple as that.

you also must take into acoust that he is not the only person who broke this rule last night most the people on broke this rule they had hatered of ideas...

wich is a type of hatred.
saucy_tara
Yeah but most of the ideas would be offensive to anyone with a sense of morality....Any hatred (and I think that is too strong a word) he gets is because he (you) put it out in the first place....
gerbilfromhell
lod told me last nite he might come back after a month or two, but now he can't cause he's been banned. i'm not gonna argue with mata's decision, it actually seems to be the only solution that will make almost everyone happy (tho i wish it could be temporary so lod can come back when he changes his language, but i'm not gonna argue). welp, what's done is done, nothin we can do about it, so i suggest we move on cause if we don't, it's gonna get ppl angry at other ppl (like last nite)
Free Psycho
I know this is way after the fact that everything happened (I too was gone), but I would just like to say on LOD's behalf that I'm sorry he left. I can't explain or justify him sending death threats to people, although I'm sure he's sorry he did it and now the problem is rectified. However, I don't think that was nice to pick at him like that. Yeah he said things like taking over the world, etc, but come on-it was all in fun. Look at all the people who joined: craziness, gerbil, me, cheese, mistress alit, leopold, etc. Do you think those people took that thread seriously? It was just in play. And what about us all going around smiting each other? Nobody was serious. I would like to think LOD got carried away. I would also like for people to really look at his postings; he was a lonely kid who hates being at home and probably hates being alive. People like that want attention and usually don't mean the things they say and get carried away. Like I said before, this doesn't justify what LOD's done, but just because Mata banned him or he said he was leaving, that doesn't give you all the ok to trash him. And who cares about spelling? I'm in COLLEGE and I can't spell. I'm just saying is all.

BTW-I don't remember who said it, but I love America and I'm glad I'm here rather than anywhere else. For all it's downfalls, it's had a pretty safe history compared to other countries, and we take our safety seriously, so yeah, I like it here.
gerbilfromhell
i dun hate AMERICA, i hate america the way it is now (mostly thanks to george bush). before he came into office, i luved america. i'm not sayin that it's all his fault, he had some pretty tough situations (9-11, iraq), but he's handled all of them extremely poorely (except for the afghanistan campaign, i'll give him credit for that one, swift, effeiciant, and he put a democracy in the coutnry without massacering civilians or stealing the country's resourses)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.