Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mata Meet Uk, 7th Feb, Winchester, Hampshire
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Sir Psycho Sexy
QUOTE (Jonman @ Jan 7 2004, 02:35 PM)
QUOTE (leopold @ Jan 7 2004, 07:32 AM)
What about Black Cherry Soda?  I had some of that in Katz' Deli in NYC, and it was bloody gar-juss!

Just buy some black cherry flavoured syrup and tip it into Coke. That's how they make it here anyway!

....isn't that just cherry coke? they sell that here, its the best type of coke

and i bet that biltong is outrageously overpriced
Mata
What is biltong anyway? It rings bells but I wouldn't have been able to tell you that it's food...
CommieBastard
It sounds Australian. But then again, everything does after a while.
Mr Fuzzy
It's along the same lines as jerky, but more South African.
Jonman
QUOTE (Mr Fuzzy @ Jan 7 2004, 10:50 AM)
It's along the same lines as jerky, but more South African.

It pretty much is South African jerky. Dunno what the taste difference is - you ought to have a jerky off at the meet, and investigate.
Cath Sparrow
A Jerky off that sounds Rude!!!!! tongue.gif
Polocrunch
Hey Mata, why not ask for a 100% tax rebate for bringing so much business to Winchester? Threaten to move to Redditch and take your business there if they don't. Then consider taking over the world. MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (Polocrunch @ Jan 7 2004, 11:10 PM)
Hey Mata, why not ask for a 100% tax rebate for bringing so much business to Winchester? Threaten to move to Redditch and take your business there if they don't. Then consider taking over the world. MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Ah but then he'd have to move to Redditch and we'd all get to Winchester and be wandering around going "Where's Mata?! unsure.gif" Besides, Redditch smells tongue.gif I've been there so I know laugh.gif

That blessed jerky has infiltrated this thread too now dry.gif It's old salty boots I tell ya, old salty leather boots! tongue.gif

Ed will be pleased however as he loves the stuff rolleyes.gif

*barf*

STILL waiting to hear from his work whether he can have the Monday off dry.gif
Mata
Jerky may well be salty old boots, but it certainly gives your jaw a workout.
Queenie
Threaten to move to Redditch and take your business there if they don't.

blink.gif Why did you choose Redditch of all places? blink.gif Weird!!!
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (Mata @ Jan 8 2004, 01:48 PM)
Jerky may well be salty old boots, but it certainly gives your jaw a workout.

Hmm, yes well I can think of other 'mouth workouts" that can leave you with an similarly unpleasant salty taste in your mouth!!!! wink.gif

huh.gif

Sorry smile.gif That was just plain rude wink.gif
leopold
GAH!

Just... GAAAHHHH!!!!

I found out I may hafta be in Paris fer 9am on the 9th Feb - which is largely impossible fer me to do anyways, but may render the 8th as a messy messy day where I'd hafta go home from Winchester (cos I'm not luggin all that luggage down there an messin about at Heathrow, jus to be faced with the long slog back later in the week) an then catch a plane out...

Still not confirmed as yet, but it's been written in with a heavy pencil. It's gonna make it a bit tricky fer me to make the meet, especially with what's been goin on just recently, I dun want to spend too much time away from the family at one go if I can avoid it.

So I think I can call me presence at the meet a possible maybe.

Like I said... GAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Polocrunch
QUOTE (Queenie @ Jan 8 2004, 03:28 PM)
Threaten to move to Redditch and take your business there if they don't.

blink.gif Why did you choose Redditch of all places? blink.gif Weird!!!

Why, because Redditch is the nexus of the Universe of course! Hence the smell...
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (leopold @ Jan 8 2004, 04:26 PM)
So I think I can call me presence at the meet a possible maybe.

Like I said... GAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boo Leo Boo sad.gif Poor you sad.gif I know how you feel though. I am still waiting for Ed's new company to decide whether he can have the 9th off work so we can travel down. It's all a pain in the butt but he can't hassle them as they ahve just sacked his manager for being incompetent (sp) and he doesn't want to put any noses out of joint.

I did however receive an email from Virgin Trains yesterday saying that their special free ticket offer for me has been extended due to technical booking problems so we could always drive down now.

Ah well, still have a few weeks to worry about it biggrin.gif

I hope we do see you there, it wouldn't be the same without ya babe! *hugs*
WeeJ
Haha! I return from the US biggrin.gif

Someone remind me to send my deposit to the hotel I'm staying in smile.gif
Mata
Send a deposit to the hotel! biggrin.gif
leopold
QUOTE (Pixiegoth @ Jan 9 2004, 10:03 AM)
I hope we do see you there, it wouldn't be the same without ya babe! *hugs*

Well, I'm gonna try, sweetie... I'd love ta be there but I dunno how possible that's gonna be. sad.gif
WeeJ
QUOTE (Mata @ Jan 12 2004, 09:29 AM)

Ok, now remind me to bring my cheque book to work so I then remember to steal a stamp. And an envelope.
Mata
QUOTE (WeeJ @ Jan 12 2004, 10:23 AM)
QUOTE (Mata @ Jan 12 2004, 09:29 AM)

Ok, now remind me to bring my cheque book to work so I then remember to steal a stamp. And an envelope.

Will this do?
WeeJ
I was thinking more along the lines of you reminding me later on tonight tongue.gif laugh.gif

Do we have a time and a place where we're all meeting?
Mata
Currently it's Winchester train station around 1:15 because the restaurtant closes at 2:30 so we'll need to get along there for about 1:30 to have time to eat. It's only about two minute's (slow) walk from the station and it's on the same road so stragglers should be able to catch up without too much trouble.
WeeJ
So far, I've never seen any trains that say they're heading for Winchester when I've been waiting for my train to Redditch at New Street. Are they destined for somewhere else and just stop at Winchester on the way?
Mr Fuzzy
They tend to carry on past and go to places like Poole or Bournemouth. To make train choosing easier you might want to have a look at Wessex Trains' site. They do online booking and everything.
WeeJ
QUOTE (Mr Fuzzy @ Jan 12 2004, 12:22 PM)
They tend to carry on past and go to places like Poole or Bournemouth. To make train choosing easier you might want to have a look at Wessex Trains' site. They do online booking and everything.

Cheers Barry.
WeeJ
I've remembered my cheque book today. Cheers for the reminder last night Mata smile.gif
Mata
QUOTE (WeeJ @ Jan 14 2004, 08:09 AM)
I've remembered my cheque book today. Cheers for the reminder last night Mata smile.gif

Hurrah!

How's everyone else doing on the booking of places? Have you all got things sorted yet?
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (Mata @ Jan 14 2004, 11:43 AM)
How's everyone else doing on the booking of places? Have you all got things sorted yet?

STILL can't book my train ticket as STILL waiting to hear from Ed's work about Monday. GRRRRR! dry.gif I have my B&B booked though so if I have to come down without him...... mad.gif

Ah well, still got over 4 weeks to go smile.gif
CommieBastard
QUOTE (Mata @ Jan 14 2004, 11:43 AM)

Considering my present rate, I reckon I should have everything sorted by about mid-March.
Pixelgoth
Ed has just let me know that he's got that day off work. At last! I should be able to book the train tickets tonight or tomorrow.

See you in Winchester around 1pm smile.gif
Mata
'Just had a chat with the Modular Series guys, if anyone fancies making a weekend of it, they're playing on Friday the 6th at the pub we'll be going to the next night. It's loud, fast and agressive sounding. All round jolly good fun really.
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (Mata @ Jan 14 2004, 04:42 PM)
'Just had a chat with the Modular Series guys, if anyone fancies making a weekend of it, they're playing on Friday the 6th at the pub we'll be going to the next night. It's loud, fast and agressive sounding. All round jolly good fun really.

Boo! sad.gif Won't be there for that. Anything good on Sunday night? wink.gif
WeeJ
QUOTE (Pixiegoth @ Jan 14 2004, 04:50 PM)

Boo! sad.gif Won't be there for that. Anything good on Sunday night? wink.gif

Yeah, I've booked off Monday 9th for a long weekend sad.gif
Sir Psycho Sexy

hmm...i wouldn't mind seeing modular series live...shame...i don't think i could make it =/
Spacehappy
QUOTE (Sir_Psycho_Sexy @ Jan 14 2004, 08:25 PM)

hmm...i wouldn't mind seeing modular series live...shame...i don't think i could make it =/

Hey fella, if you want to shack up with a very strange welsh man you may have nothing in common with for the weekend, we can get a double room and cheapen the cost as im up for the band.
Cath Sparrow
Well I'm planning on coming on the Friday. Going to try and book a B&B at the weekend so hope fully should have it sorted soon. Yay!
Sir Psycho Sexy
QUOTE (Spacehappy @ Jan 14 2004, 09:11 PM)

Hey fella, if you want to shack up with a very strange welsh man you may have nothing in common with for the weekend, we can get a double room and cheapen the cost as im up for the band.

you mean twin room right?
Spacehappy
QUOTE (Sir_Psycho_Sexy @ Jan 14 2004, 10:58 PM)
QUOTE (Spacehappy @ Jan 14 2004, 09:11 PM)

you mean twin room right?

Nope me and you in a single bed "bigboy" wink.gif . Of course i meant a double tongue.gif
Sir Psycho Sexy
ok, i'll definately be there for friday night too, i've spoken with *mumbles incoherantly* so we'll both be there

i can almost heat mata jumping for joy...in a sarcastic manner, still if theres some kind of meet, i'm always there tongue.gif and it'd be cool to see modular series live too, i wanna hear their new material biggrin.gif
Pixelgoth
RIGHT! Train booked. I'm leaving Sheffield at 8.48am (bah, early dry.gif) to arrive Winchester at 12.22 (hopefully! rolleyes.gif). We are going straight to the B&B to drop off our bags and then back into Winchester for lunch with you lot smile.gif We are stopping two nights and then going to catch a train at 8.28am on the Monday back to Sheffield. I could have got a later one but Ed needs to get back to Warrington on Monday night and the other train was just that little bit too late. I'd have had better options if Mr Turner hadn't taken so bleedin' long to book his time off! dry.gif

But YAY gonna be there! biggrin.gif
WeeJ
QUOTE (Pixiegoth @ Jan 15 2004, 11:46 AM)
RIGHT! Train booked. I'm leaving Sheffield at 8.48am (bah, early dry.gif) to arrive Winchester at 12.22 (hopefully! rolleyes.gif). We are going straight to the B&B to drop off our bags and then back into Winchester for lunch with you lot smile.gif We are stopping two nights and then going to catch a train at 8.28am on the Monday back to Sheffield. I could have got a later one but Ed needs to get back to Warrington on Monday night and the other train was just that little bit too late. I'd have had better options if Mr Turner hadn't taken so bleedin' long to book his time off! dry.gif

But YAY gonna be there! biggrin.gif

Unless I have a sudden change of heart/come into some money, Mat and I are only stopping over Saturday night.
Pixelgoth
Are there any plans for the Sunday at all? I would like to have a look around Winchester as I think Saturday will pretty much involve drinking, drinking and more drinking with a smattering of debauchery! wink.gif
Mr Fuzzy
No idea. I've not remembered to try to get the Sunday off work yet.
CommieBastard
I'll probably be there for half of Sunday, if only because I don't like leaving places in the morning.
Cath Sparrow
Well we could maybe get together for sunday lunch cause I wont be going till the afternoon either.
CommieBastard
I'm up for it, Cath.
Polocrunch
I'm attached at the waist to Commie, so I'll luncheon with you too!
Spacehappy
QUOTE (Polocrunch @ Jan 15 2004, 09:58 PM)
I'm attached at the waist to Commie, so I'll luncheon with you too!

Polo are you coming too?, great one of the posters i really want to meet ......... how scary is that smile.gif
Mata
Plans really depend on what people want to do. Winchester is a lovely place and so I can give people a quick tour on Saturday if anyone's interested, before we then spend the rest of the day in the pub.

Sunday, meeting up for lunch sounds good. The O'Neills in town does decent food, or there's a Wetherspoons that has a reasonably priced menu too. After that, well, there's always more wandering!
WeeJ
And the debauchery. Don't forget the debauchery.
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (WeeJ @ Jan 16 2004, 11:47 AM)
And the debauchery. Don't forget the debauchery.

There, there *pats WeeJ on head* don't worry dear there will be debauchery! wink.gif

/me chases WeeJ round virtual room trying to grab her bum!!! wink.gif

I think we should restrict that to Saturday when alcohol is involved and then we can meet for Sunday lunch or a quick half in a pub somewhere. I would like to do a bit of sight seeing but am not sure what Winchester has to offer.......other than the delights of Mata of course! laugh.gif

I understand you have a connection with King Arthur.....Winchester not Mata! rolleyes.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.