Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Alias Meanings
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daft
Pages: 1, 2
Sir Maxerpopple
Greetings new people and veterans. With the constant influx of new people, instead of me asking all of them individually what their name means, post here and explain. For the older ones too if you like.

Ok it's sunday night and I'm eating pudding, I don't care if it's a pointless thread! I'm curious!
Fluffy
Well, my alias is just my nickname among my friends. One day we were bored, thought up random names for each other, and I ended up as Fluffy. The names stuck. So, yeah. That's it.
cheese is funny
my name was just a name i used at another forum (yes, there was once a forum before this one.) and to make things simple, i used it again. and to explain what it means, i once saw a video of a monkey eating cheese and throwing it up. quite funny. inspiration at its best.

sir maxerpopple, tell me what yours means... it sounds interesting....
sammi
Yeah, it does... *nods* But eh, I have to admit my username isn't really an alias, but one of mine has become blueberry. For some reason, my friend just randomly came up with it at camp when we were all naming ourselves fruits, and it just stuck... That's all, really. That's how most of them go; they just stick or something weird. ^_~ Not much sentimentality behind it or anything. tongue.gif
magikeyes14
FYI there was a thread about this already... and i guess i shall post it again....

MY NAME MEANING! dum dum dum.........

magikeyes: ok well.. if ya'll hvae ever seena pic.. my eyes are weird colors.. and they change. there is a hole long story behind it but its annoying and a very dumb story.. long story shot.. my frend told me i had weird eyes.... and that they are magik because they change.. like.. usualy green and yellow are their color....but todae.. dum dum dum.. they are blue and yellow >_< oddness

ok and 14 because its like... one of my favorite numbers... and a kewl age to be becuase your not young but not old...u know?lol

if you want to hear the long story... ask me later
Marsyas
I play the flute, and Marsyas was a rather cocksure, annoying little mythical creature that challenged Apollo in a flute playing contest, more or less. He lost and was subsequently flayed alive. I had a website once called Marsyas' Flute, and I thought the name was rather TOS friendly, so I kept it here. I'm not like Marsyas in the depiction, but it was so much more original than using Apollo.
Sir Maxerpopple
Well I got my inspiration from Mr. Snaffleburger, but I didn't want to use Mister. I prefered nobility. Looking back on it duke or count might have been a better choice.

But Maxerpopple comes from nowhere, actually somewhere, but it is a tangent.
cheese is funny
i would like to hear the tangent, actually...
Sir Maxerpopple
MAXerpopple
cheese is funny
ahh! i understand now!
monkey_called_narth
my name original rabid monkey named narth (wich got shrotened)

but its from a book i wrote about a monkey at the place i worked that ate the children that were giving it the monkeys name = narth
cheese is funny
what a..... happy little monkey, eh? blink.gif
DarkProtector
mine comes from my darkness and my protectiveness ergo DarkProtector.

ph34r.gif hehe ph34r.gif
LoLo
Mine is a nickname that I got in highschool. The way I got my nickname is totally and completely uniteresting so I'm not going to post it. laugh.gif
DarkProtector
QUOTE (LoLo @ Dec 29 2003, 12:13 AM)
Mine is a nickname that I got in highschool. The way I got my nickname is totally and completely uniteresting so I'm not going to post it. laugh.gif

aww come on
*begs*
PLEASE
Alaric
Mine comes from my RPing adventures, Alaric Caden Everduske is the full name, but i just used the first name. Alaric means He who rules and its also a good unique name. Also in RP he is a child, and since i am a "child" to the forum's it fit.
LoLo
QUOTE (DarkProtector @ Dec 28 2003, 08:17 PM)
QUOTE (LoLo @ Dec 29 2003, 12:13 AM)
Mine is a nickname that I got in highschool.  The way I got my nickname is totally and completely uniteresting so I'm not going to post it.  laugh.gif

aww come on
*begs*
PLEASE

fine cause I'm in a give in quickly mood tonight. Where are the guys that want some sexin when you need them?

I was out of school for about a week with the chicken pox for the 5th time, that's right 5th time, I've never built up the immunity to the damn virus like most people do. Anyways I was out of school for a week and when I came back one of my friends yells out, "My LoLo's back!" It stuck and I am LoLo. Told you it was boring. I don't know where she got it other than my name is Laura, and Lo sorta sounds like the beginning of my name.
cheese is funny
i found it interesting! biggrin.gif
Rattgirl
Sir Maxerpopple......either my daddy is extremely smart, or I am currently extremely dense, but I still don't get it...blink.gif

sammi: my bf's nickname for me is blueberry muffin tongue.gif hehehe..I just thought it was cute that someone else's nickname was blueberry.

Anyway, the origins of my name (this story is probably only interesting to me but who cares? It's what this thread is for!):
Back in 1999, I became friends with a band from Madison, WI by the name of Rattbelly. My best friend and I were their first and most loyal groupies, and I ended up creating their fansite (no longer online) and helping them get a few gigs in Iowa. Around the time I created their fansite, at the peak of my groupie-hood, I started getting into the Madison, WI MSN chatrooms. Since I was a little ultra-groupie at that point, and since the members of the band had dubbed my friend and I "Our little Rattbelly Girls", I took the name Rattgirl for the MSN chatrooms. It became so well known amongst my online friends that I used it for everything I did online for about 3 years.

My previous name here was Goddess of Wheee....the origins of which are kindof random. My best friend and I have dubbed ourselves Goddesses, and Aries and I were totally hooked on Threebrain's "Wheeeeeeeeeee" song for a while, so I ended up putting "Goddess of Wheeeeee" in my MSN email signature and it's been there since....so I used it here instead of Rattgirl and it was kinda bugging me so Mata changed it to Rattgirl for me. The end. I bet it's really boring to all of you but tongue.gif.

**Note to Aries: MORE AKAT GOODNESS MUST BE ACHIEVED!!! AKAT LEVELS DRAINING TO DANGEROUSLY LOW LEVELS!!!! AKAT GOODNESS MUST BE REFUELED!!!!**
Sir Maxerpopple
You can have names changed?!

Without losing my precious post count?!

WOOHOO!!!!!!

I've beenw anting to get rid of the "Sir" for a while and change it with a different title. I'll get right on it if Mata doesn't mind.

And for my name, call me sir maxerpopple, but the first syllable of the second name is my actual name. It's fun to be cryptic.
Tarantio
actually u need to get a mod to change it for u if you want that sort of thing done.

Tarantio, or "Chio" to his family is a fictionsl charater from a David Gemmel novel called Dark Moon. His alternate soul/ inner demon Dace is there too. Together, they summed me up pretty well (except for the bit about being the best swordsmen anywhere ever), plus I loved the book to death. Oh yeah, and I used it on a few things before this too. If any of ya play AvP2 online then u should be familiar at least with Dace, played by my mate (and urs) Hate Machina (sadly no longer with us... on the forums I mean), since he's the best damn player there is. I'm his "progeny" of a sorts, or at least Tarantio is.

Yeah...
Sir Maxerpopple
I'll have to think of a better title first. laugh.gif laugh.gif
Untitled.
I hate myself so much I don`t think I deserve a name. Either that or im a pretentious basterd who thinks he can be more mysterious than everyone else. Actually, I dont really know. I`d love to meet someone called `untitled`, oh and the idea of we just all being meaningless human beings, we should all be called untitled! yeah, im fucked up.
Rattgirl
QUOTE (Tarantio @ Dec 29 2003, 07:59 AM)
actually u need to get a mod to change it for u if you want that sort of thing done.

Actually, the only people who can do it are Fuzzy and Mata, so don't do what I did and bother all the poor mods! lol tongue.gif And they have to have a reason. Not very many people have changed their names on here; I don't think they want it to become very common.
karismaklysm
ooh! i wanna play!

ok... well, i was karisma... forever... cause im a performer... but by the time i actually started foruming and blogging and whatnot, it was CLEARLY taken... so then i was kataklysm.... cause my name is kat... but that was taken most places too... so i just combined them into karismaklysm....

and i like it.
Sir Maxerpopple
Ok, forget it then.
acidteardrop
its been my name for a long time. teardrop, coming form the fact that i cry every night and most days. acid because one night (this is just the first time it happened) my tears burned my eyes and cheek. like...it wasnt just warm, it burned. so i wrote a poem (i dont have it any more, or i would post it) about tears of acid. was going to turn it into a story, but never finished. the original name was tears of acid, but i needed a change, cos i didnt like that. so i went with acidtears. that didnt quite sound right, so it then evolved into acidteardrop.
Righteous
Righteous...Several factor come into play with the creation of my handle/new identity.

First of all, my favorite band Mushroomhead used to have a guitarist named JJ Righteous who had to leave because of family reasons. This was my homage to him.

I had a few spiritual journeysand for some reason or another, this word appeared at the end of them.

Also, I feel it represents what I'm shooting for: Righteousness. Thus, my new identity, Righteous.
sammi
QUOTE (Rattgirl @ Dec 29 2003, 05:33 AM)
sammi: my bf's nickname for me is blueberry muffin tongue.gif hehehe..I just thought it was cute that someone else's nickname was blueberry.

Dude, I even had the muffin part too 'cause my friend wrote a random poem one night on IM. Me shall recite for the sake of randomness. *clears throat* Ahem --

Little miss Sammi
Sat on her fanny
Sipping a fizzy drink
Along came a beast
Who was made out of yeast
And frightened her into the sink.

happy.gif And voila. Me has memorized. 'Course the muffin part came afterwards, but that's what sprung the whole idea.
Mingtea
I was bored in english wrote down something random.

btw

I HAD THE NAME BEFORE I EVEN KNEW MIKE MYERS HAD A BAND WITH THIS NAME!
acidteardrop
GO YOU!

mike meyers has a band? blink.gif
EvilSpork
I don't know why I made mine. Its sexy, its evil, and it involves the most useful thing ever... A spoon! Damn, thats great eh?

Hmm I guess if an evil fork and I had a kid, we would have an evil spork too... That would be... Hmm.. Fun?
Daedalus
When I first started using forums (probably some forum about the Illuminati or something, hence my obsession with eyes ph34r.gif) I was an uber-paranoid 'conspiracy nutter' then, so I used the simple alias of D, which is my first initial, and as it happens, the second intial of my later adopted psuedonym - Sean Dillon (taken from Jack Higgins books). I still use D as my MSN screen name, followed by something lyrical/quotsey.

When I first joined the Other Side Forums, I lengthened it (for some reason I don't remember) to A Man Named D. When I first introduced myself here, someone (I forget who) called me 'D-Man', so out of guilt and respect for Dayan, I changed it to Daedalus, an alias I'd used in my past paranoid state when I couldn't use D for in a chatroom or something for some reason.

Daedalus is the name of some nifty AI from the *cough*bestgameever*cough* Deus Ex (and probably something from mythology as the other two AIs are called Icarus and Helios), which is where I first heard the word 'Illuminati', which got me interested in the world. I was a muppet then.

Oddly enough, I got an email the other day from "An_Individual_Named_Sith" asking me to take a look at a web community. Oddly odd.
Mr Fuzzy
QUOTE (Rattgirl @ Dec 29 2003, 03:13 PM)

Actually, the only people who can do it are Fuzzy and Mata, so don't do what I did and bother all the poor mods! lol tongue.gif And they have to have a reason. Not very many people have changed their names on here; I don't think they want it to become very common.

I don't mind changing names for people, but don't all make it a habit - we can't cope with the explanation threads!
arpeggiodreams
Hrm... I'm really into music... and I liked the way arpeggiodreams flows on the tongue. I've got a bunch of other aliases, like sofarsowrong, wallscometumblin, etc.
Sir Maxerpopple
QUOTE (Mr Fuzzy @ Dec 29 2003, 07:49 PM)
QUOTE (Rattgirl @ Dec 29 2003, 03:13 PM)

I don't mind changing names for people, but don't all make it a habit - we can't cope with the explanation threads!

Forget it fuzzy. I should be happy I have an alias at all while there are alias-less people wandering around just wishing they could have an alias and somewhere to put it.

I'll shut up now laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
IgorHellcat
The way i got my name is kinda lame. I got this cat a couple years ago and I named him Igor. But he's turned out to be the craziest f**king cat in the world. So my mom said that he needed a last name so we decided on Hellcat, Igor Hellcat. So ive used that name for a while. See kinda lame. dry.gif
acidteardrop
not as lame as mine laugh.gif

<insert Jon calling me emo>
Kurruskita
Well, it's a bit hard to explain, but I'll try...
In Spanish, the two ends of a loaf of french baguette are called Curruscos (or kurruskos, if written phonetically), and kurruskita would be "little end of a loaf of french baguette" (for most people, the best part of the bread).
OK, maybe it would be easier to say it is how my dad used to call me when I was a kid
tongue.gif
CommandeerOfSouls
my alias is pointless and crappy... I have bought 2 peoples' souls for a combined cost of ten cents and a cookie... but I guess that doesn't make me the soul master or anything....
I don't really like my alias and would've changed it... but that'd be stupid.
Rattgirl
QUOTE (CommandeerOfSouls @ Dec 30 2003, 03:38 PM)
my alias is pointless and crappy... I have bought 2 peoples' souls for a combined cost of ten cents and a cookie... but I guess that doesn't make me the soul master or anything....
I don't really like my alias and would've changed it... but that'd be stupid.

I have a clone of a ped rat's soul that I purchased for one cigarette (ped rat souls are notoriously cheap). I actually only purchased half his soul, but the soul grew and flourished on its own and is now a fully-fledged Soul Clone.

And since his nickname in the ped mall is God, I actually have a clone of God's soul!!!

Do I hear $3?
TigerLily013
Well mine has a history.

I went to a forum before this one and when I was creating my username, the firtst thing that popped in my mind was Tigerlily. I am not sure why but perhaps my subconsious was telling me something....and I say that because in the springtime and summer, we have tigerlilies growing in my backyard...so ya I did ponder bout that.

Anyways my alias is also from the character I was developing in a roleplaying story at that forum. She was an element keeper.

After I left and later joined this forum, I decided to keep that identity but definitely put her in a way different perspective than what the name ment before.

As for explaining the 013 in my name, I am born on the 13th, and my fav number with 13 is 3, or 03 because i was born 03 13. I just put 2 and 2 together pretty much.
Jaq
When I joined the forums I wasn't too concerned about my name I just wanted to start posting and I couldn't think of any nick that I had that I would actually want strangers calling me so I went to the Cyber Punk name generator that Mata has, typed in the first letter of my real name, and got Jaq. Voila. Then everyone thought I was a guy. Oh well.
acidteardrop
now thats damned clever, yak.
padonae
My name came from one of the many words that I made up, and I took a particular liking to this one. It originally meant "boy who likes cheese, like a platypus and a burlap sack," but now it means me, or well, I guess it still does mean the same thing, as the original definition fits.
spiffilicious05
Well, being the oddball that I am, I love to be the center of attention. Thus, I make up my own words and use them on a day to day basis. I love it when someone asks me what my name means so I can go into one long winded explination,which being an actress/singer, I love to do.

Anyways, spiffilicious05 stemmed from SPIFFYrwr87. SPIF is an acronym we use on my crew team.

S- strenth - those who put forth the most physical effort
P- percision - those who strive to master the technical aspects of rowing
I- integrety - those who seek an incorruptable mind body and spirit
F- fortitude - those who commit to endure mentally and physically in the face of adversity.

The rwr stands for rower, and the 87 for the year I was born.

Well, I wanted a slightly diferent name for matazone, so I took spiffilicious, a word that I have begun to use, and added 05 - the year that I graduate.

Thus my name came to be. happy.gif
Little Green Goth
Well.....Since starting High School I have been known as the Green Goth...because...well....I always wore dark green from head to toe. And...well....when a friend showed me the Little Goth Girl animations...all I had to do was put little in front of it. Yeah, kinda dumb I know but it works. unsure.gif
Sir Maxerpopple
Bump for people who haven't seen this thread before. With the avatar thread running around let's revive this one too.
Kamaradi
Kamaradi means "friend" in Czech.
Snugglebum the Destroyer
I didn't intend to stay, so I just used the first thing that popped into my head. There is no rhyme or reason for it.

However, I think it's working out quite nicely for me. rolleyes.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.