Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Alias Meanings
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daft
Pages: 1, 2
Usurper MrTeapot
MrTeapot is my Deity. He is the holder of all knowledge, he has ruled man since back in the days of the mighty Roman Empire to this very day. Just no one but me knows it yet.

It is only right that I devote my Alias to his name.

My other Alias's of mine would be 'the man who sold the world' or 'Sky' or strangely 'Hydrochloroflurocarbon'. The man who sold the world from David Bowie (and later Nirvana), Sky is my rp name, and Hydrochloroflurocarbon from a Chemistry lesson I will never forget...
Spacehappy
QUOTE (MrTeapot @ Mar 2 2004, 04:28 PM)
Hydrochloroflurocarbon from a Chemistry lesson I will never forget...

Hydrochlorofluorocarbon you spelt it wrong........... sorry im that bored smile.gif
Usurper MrTeapot
Indeed I did. No one else has ever been that bored to point it out.
Spacehappy
QUOTE (MrTeapot @ Mar 2 2004, 05:17 PM)
Indeed I did. No one else has ever been that bored to point it out.

They may not have noticed smile.gif
Usurper MrTeapot
QUOTE (Spacehappy @ Mar 2 2004, 05:37 PM)
They may not have noticed smile.gif

Shh...don't tell them.
CrazyFooIAintGettinOnNoPlane
Well, I was sitting in front of the computer, and the computer said to me "what would you like your name to be?" and I didn't know. So I decided that since my regular name is Mat, that would have to go in there somewhere, and lots of people think I'm crazy*, so that may as well be in there too! Yeah I didnt spend long thinking about it.. but I still cant think of anything better! sad.gif

*actually the more common term is strange.
DoRmAnt
since i'm fresh off the press i'd better explain myself

i'm DoRmAnt

one time...at band camp lol ..no no no...um but really i was at the conservatory at there was one room that held the environment for the desert and most everything looked pretty vibrant and floral, for what really blooms in the desert,

but there was this one plant, and the name escapes me, that looked totally dried up and gross...but there was a posted sign that said: "I'M NOT DEAD, I'M DORMANT"- my friends and i got such a kick out of that, and it forever has been a lasting quote among us

so thus the DoRmAnt
CommandeerOfSouls
mine is random. I've never used this alias for anything else.
usually I'm sivart or god57.
snooodlysnoosnoosnoodle
BUMP

erm...I'm bored and procrastinating and reading through history...heh

so yeah, snoo, it's the noise a moose makes, if you ask Steve (moop) and about 2 years ago when Audiogene first got a forum I was sat thinking "hmm...what could I have as my username?" and snoo popped into my head and I have been snoo since, I'm even more likey to respond to snoo than Esther but then meh, only people who don't know me call me Esther...my parents call me Etty, Steve calls me Wen. (short for Wendel...don't ask how that happened) I went through dish, ed, eddy, et, moose boy...you name it I've been called it.

Anyway I like snoo.

[/rambling]
Gothymothy girl
My name strikes people as funny for some reason, so I will tell you how I aquired it. It's actually quite boring, but whatever.

I am a goth. I like moths. I'm a girl. See? simple.
GOTHyMOTHy GIRL. It sounds retarded now but I like it anyway.
markslut
Mine is my name, and an not well known joke about my style...
Deo
Well, for one thing, my handle is actually supposed to be De'O.........but, forums never seem to accept the ' part of my name, so i just leave it as Deo. Now, i got the name De'O from a couple of friends i know.....see, they would take letters away from my first and last names for every time i did something stupid........and eventually, i was left with just d, e, and o. Well, throw in an apostrophy and there you have it, De'O! Yeah it's really stupid, i realize this..........but on the good side, they never realized that deo = god ....in latin. laugh.gif
mooooooooooopo
Hmm...

I was kinda stuck for a nickname and didnt wanna use my old one (Llamaman, which just sucks and awful lot) so I just chose 'moop' cos it sounds like a cool and random noise. Purely random laugh.gif
CommieBastard
QUOTE (Daedalus @ Dec 30 2003, 12:15 AM)
Daedalus is the name of some nifty AI from the *cough*bestgameever*cough* Deus Ex (and probably something from mythology as the other two AIs are called Icarus and Helios)

Daedalus was, in Greek mythology, the father of Icarus. He built the Minotaur's Labyrinth.

As for my name, I was called it once in an argument (disclaimer: I am not a communist, I am a progressive liberal), and I found it really funny, so it stuck.
Enslaved
I feel like explaining my alias. Its NOT anything to do with S&M. Although I do find S&M fascinating. I came up with it a few years ago for an alias and I've kept it. Its just how I feel. I'm Enslaved to life.
froggle-rock
There are three reasons I choose my u/n: 1) I thought it would be different; 2) I like frogs; 3) I tend to use the word funk alot:

person a: how are you today?
moi: funky

or

person b: do you want to go to club x this saturday?
moi: yeah, we can get down with our funk a**e selves

or

person c: I had such a nice meal last night

or even

person d: do you like the new tune from glassjaw?
moi: yeah, it's well funky

and then there's

person e: you look so sleepy
moi: yeah, I'm so funked out from dancing last night

so, you can kinda see how I like the word funk, funky, and funked. biggrin.gif
the lil' pie fairy
i'd love to be a faerie. sooo much. and i love pie.

the rest follows logic smile.gif
acid_rain_child
I've told so many people this, I don't know why I bother but I've got nothing better to do *cough*-than homework-*cough*

I don't use this name for anything else. It's always rose_consumption, which has meaning that goes back to when TB was called Consumption and *history lesson* they didn't have a cure or any medicine for it. So, they made handkerchiefs for women with roses, cherries, or strawberries on them (basically anything red) so that when women coughed into their handkerchiefs, they wouldn't be able to see the blood. It was better not to know, because you were going to die anyway, there's no use dwelling on things like that.

Acid Rain Child comes from the signature I put on drawings and sketches I do. I make a drop of water, then draw a squiggly line through it, writing AR on the side. Once, my mother came into my room and saw that and asked me if I had read her yearbooks, because she used to always write, "I'm having spasms of the brain, must be from the acid rain," (which was my sig for a while, I might change it back) in them, and she was pretty well known for writing that. I'm carrying on tradition without knowing it happy.gif

I didn't use child because of that though, I did because I feel I am the child of an age where not even the rain is pure anymore. Sad stuff, right there.
Ashbless
Nowhere near as detailed as Acid Rain Child.

Ashbless is a character in a time travel novel by Tim Powers entitled Anubis Gates.
At one point both I and my now ex had e-mail addresses that included the name. It rots teeth but there it is. After parting I appropriated the name as a handle for wherever I seemed to need one. It's easy for me to remember anyway.
PsychWardMike
It's an old name that I used as a stage name. You know... way back when when I did stand up comedy and sang. The name kind of stuck among friends and now I use it as my identitiy on all things online. Fun stuff.
The Tortured Soul
QUOTE (funked)out_frog @ Jul 15 2004, 03:25 PM)
There are three reasons I choose my u/n: 1) I thought it would be different; 2) I like frogs; 3) I tend to use the word funk alot:

person a: how are you today?

or

person b: do you want to go to club x this saturday?
moi: yeah, we can get down with our funk a**e selves

or

person c: I had such a nice meal last night

or even

person d: do you like the new tune from glassjaw?
moi: yeah, it's well funky

and then there's

person e: you look so sleepy
moi: yeah, I'm so funked out from dancing last night

so, you can kinda see how I like the word funk, funky, and funked. biggrin.gif

hehe me too i use the word funky alot too biggrin.gif

It's an old name that I used as a stage name. You know... way back when when I did stand up comedy and sang. The name kind of stuck among friends and now I use it as my identitiy on all things online. Fun stuff.

hehe so mine ok... here goes...

yes i use it as a stagename in my band but there is more 2 it than that, unfortunately i can't remember which came first the poemy versey thingy or the name but they both stemed from the same thing, that i (or at least my persona when i'm with my band) is that i am both good and evil in not so perfect harmony and thus has made me tortured... hmmm dunno if it explaines it very well... oh well heres the poemy thing... (oh the last bit is just me being typical me...)

I Am The Tortured Soul, creation of the conflict between good and evil, i stand on neither side, i hover inbetween. I'm your savour, i am your doom, i am your most hated enemy, i am your most loved ally, i am not you, i am no1 like you i am me!!!
Mutilation
QUOTE (Sir Maxerpopple @ Dec 29 2003, 02:54 AM)
MAXerpopple

You could have gone for Sir Cumcuse. That would have had a meaning.

And mine comes from the errr, um what is it again? It's just a word I thought sounded cool. The coolest word every actually.

And it has NOTHING to do with the Pixies song. NOTHING!!!
artist.unknown
You know... way back when when I did stand up comedy and sang.

..........sang?

I have a complex which makes me nervous about putting my real name on things. So a lot of what I submit to mags, contests, etc, is anonymous. And one of my pieces turned up somewhere as "Artist Unknown". So I just started signed stuff as that, which has the unfortunate effect of confusing people. heh. "But I can see you drawing it..." In the past I've been Pocky, but people who don't know it's candy think that has something to do with a mediaeval skin disease, so...arg.
Mutilation
It's actually spelt Pocy. And it's biscuit sticks.

AND IT'S NOTHING TO DO WITH WAVE OF MUTILATION!!!
Faerieryn
My name is quite simple. My full name is Kathryn. I was Katy for years but got fed up with the fact I had five other friends also called Katy (Hi it's katy, is Katy there?) We got together and split the names up and hence I became Ryn!

The faerie bit is quite simply because I am nuts about faeries. I mean totally and absolutely nuts. I spent a couple of years playing white wolf's changeling game and became a faerie fanatic. Faerieryn also sounds like faeriering which was an email address of mine for a time
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.