Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Why Did You Pick Your Avatar?
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daft
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16
Alaric
If its been done... sorry

Now we know what your name means, but why did you choose your avatar?

I chose mine because its of BM off of nuklearpower, which is a very funny comic that is a spoof of Final Fantasy. BM is my fav char in it.
cheese is funny
well...

my avatar... contains school girl death. and people have told me that i look like the guy. thus, i am killing little school girls and its fun.

and it moves. moving pictures is always fun.
Sarah the Spider
I have had lots and lots of different AVs, but my favorite ones were my Nightmare Before Christmas ones and this Peter Pan you see.

I looooove Nightmare Before Christmas. I loooove Peter Pan. Therefore...Av goodness!

Yeah, sorry, no real story. *shrug*

I'm just a movie whore.
Rattgirl
Uhhhhh well....the bf and I have been dling a lot of fairy pictures, partly because we love fairies and partly because we're both artists and really enjoy good art. A few of the pictures we dled struck my eye as being exceptionally beautiful; this one is a rendition of Titania, queen of Faerie...I can't remember the name of the artist but her stuff is incredible.

Most of the avs I have are either things I've drawn, things I've made in Photoshop, or, like this one, pieces of art I admire. Plus, it's nice to have a face so pretty next to my words.....makes people think that maybe I'm pretty too! happy.gif.

Mom: the first time I saw the av you have right now, I thought it was from the Shining or Firestarter or something...looks spooky!!

Dad: You mean people think you look pixellated and maniacal? tongue.gif hehehe.
My daddy kills schoolgirls tongue.gif
CommandeerOfSouls
my [crappy] avatar is becuase I uploaded the pic for my webpage button on deviantART and since it was already on the internet, chose that one.
I thought about choosing my av from DA, but it would be more random.

I should get a more animated av like Cheese's... animated=cool.

HighlyFlamable.com is the webpage. The webpage.
Pikasyuu
because really random, really odd pictures with artsy quality and good resolution suit me. I believe my first was betty boop with a tongue ring.

Thanks for asking ^.^
CommieBastard
Because it's Willy Wonka. What more reason do you need?
Tarantio
Same artsy reason as syuuko up there above me. Plus Dace likes the scary thingies.
Sir Maxerpopple
Because my little guy looks so cool!
Untitled.
Because its the most stylish looking gun one man could ever have. The Exeter, Final Fantasy 8, Irvines weapon.
LoLo
This months av was chosen because I liked the way the girl looked when I found her pic during a search for pics that I like. Then the way I altered it and made her look was kind of christmasy in my own little freaky way so I used it for December because of that. Next months isn't so scary though, but it's still me. tongue.gif
Mingtea
Well,

I Chose my avatar for it's mix of colours and interesting subject matter.

I'm really impressed with it.
Sir Maxerpopple
Is there something wrong with my computer or me, because I see no avatar Mingtea.

Rhyme not intended.
acidteardrop
QUOTE (Untitled. @ Dec 29 2003, 09:46 AM)
Because its the most stylish looking gun one man could ever have. The Exeter, Final Fantasy 8, Irvines weapon.

ohhhh, thats a gun! it looked like a...yeah...erm...vibrator unsure.gifim such a moron.

so anyways. there was one i wanted, but it wouldnt show up when i posted the URL. so yeah, i chose this one. cos i have this obsession with eyes. and marsyas' AV makes me orgasm.

the one i wanted was a charcoal drawing of an eye with a tear coming from it. being charcoal, the tear was black. made me think: acidteardrop

i think imma run a google search for acidteardrop, see what comes up.
Succubusalicious
'Cos he's hot.
TigerLily013
Mine is something I made on my paint program (a rare talent owned by few) It symbolizes a solemn, peaceful feeling, and also shows off my skills happy.gif
miss_spunk
cause he's hot...

I used to stick to one avatar on other forums, but meh, now I don't!
vicrawr
If you know me, you know why, otherwise, I'll explain.

Calvin and Hobbes > ALL
VVes
I chose, me. Becasue I was bored and had no cretive "thing" that day... but, next year/month/week , who knows!

It is a real pic with a different background, the "glow" came from the original picture ... I just was being a nerd.

Alaric
Thanks for asking ^.^

no problem.

Because it's Willy Wonka. What more reason do you need

none, Willy Wonka is great...

oh ineed it is a great gun... but Sehpiroth's sword is better
saucy_tara
Mine's a piccy of me.
Sun Tsu
QUOTE (syuu @ Dec 29 2003, 08:59 AM)
I believe my first was betty boop with a tongue ring.

So that's who it was! laugh.gif Y'know, if you could send that to me i'd greatly appreciate it, as it was hella stylish....

Anyway, you can't beat some old skool Turtles. So, I found the avatar, and really liked it. I expect i'll be sticking with it for while. After that, probably something to do with Vega. Because he rocks also. tongue.gif
Phyllis
QUOTE (TigerLily013 @ Dec 29 2003, 09:55 AM)
Mine is something I made on my paint program (a rare talent owned by few)

lol...obviously you never went to Excite's Virtual Places while it was still around. Everyone and their dog could paint in there. There were some bad ones...but most were all pretty good. And it was a community of thousands of people. Paint programs are easy to master.

Anyway...my av. Tis a chicky babe from FFX-2. I just thought she was pretty when I saw her picture, so I chose it. A lot of my avs are FF related. If not pictures from the actual games, then they're fanarts...usually. Every now and then you may catch me with a manatee mailbox or the death whales, though...because they rock.
MistressAlti
I'm almost always an anime character, usually from Haibane Renmei or Serial Experiments Lain (yay Yoshitoshi ABe). But this month an unusually happy anime is making a guest appearance, this one's from Tokyo Mew Mew. Arguably the catchiest opening song ever.

IT'S SHOW TIME
sammi
Tis a chicky babe from FFX-2.

Yeah, I made a wallpaper out of her and Yuna ( I think it was her at least; can't remember ) a while ago when I found this big piccie of them, Candice... I'm normally an anime / really weird things etc. person too when it comes to avatars in general, but I've been obsessing over the Squee comics by the same people who draw Invader Zim recently so yup, that's about it. I just really like Squee. ^-^ *nods*
Mingtea
QUOTE (Sir Maxerpopple @ Dec 29 2003, 05:19 PM)
Is there something wrong with my computer or me, because I see no avatar Mingtea.

Rhyme not intended.

Ummm that was the Joke..
VVes
QUOTE (candice @ Dec 29 2003, 02:48 PM)
QUOTE (TigerLily013 @ Dec 29 2003, 09:55 AM)
Mine is something I made on my paint program (a rare talent owned by few)

lol...obviously you never went to Excite's Virtual Places while it was still around. Everyone and their dog could paint in there. There were some bad ones...but most were all pretty good. And it was a community of thousands of people. Paint programs are easy to master.

{begin comment}

It's been replaced by Excite Super Chat, and it's client based. And yes, I do paint,
sometimes better av's then others, sometimes not.

{end comment}
TigerLily013
QUOTE (candice)
lol...obviously you never went to Excite's Virtual Places while it was still around.  Everyone and their dog could paint in there.  There were some bad ones...but most were all pretty good.  And it was a community of thousands of people.  Paint programs are easy to master.

Well what I ment from that comment that the ability to use paint like I do is rare, is that I do not see very many people on HERE doing it =P

*smacks cand with a singing trout*

So shush you tongue.gif laugh.gif
Polocrunch
QUOTE (Mingtea @ Dec 29 2003, 08:05 PM)

Rhyme not intended.

Ummm that was the Joke..

Remember the [sarcasm] and [/sarcasm] brackets every time you post in the common-as-muck Daft Forum!

I chose mine because I was feeling artso-faggy at the time. And I love Picasso with all my heart, and all my strength, and all my soul, to quote directly from the Bible.
Righteous
I have a liking for all things Christian. That is why I do crosses, pics of Christ, Bibles, etc.

I'm a big believer in freedom, even to the point of anarchy. That is why I have the anarchy symbols and other freedom-related icons.

I hate police brutality. I plan to have a "To Serve And Protect" series. Watch out for it. On a related subject, Mumia Abu-Jamal was given an unfair trial and I enjoy voicing my opinion on that.

Pink Floyd and Mushroomhead are my favorite prog bands. I love their theatrics as well.

The other avs I have are just because they kick ass.
Daedalus
I chose mine because (like acid) I have an obsession with eyes, and this one looked suitably weird for my mood at the time. Hmm, perhaps I should change it. My real eyes can look weirder than any red contact lens cool.gif

BTW acid, if Marsyas' AV (uber-sexeyeness, unfortunately not hers wink.gif) makes you orgasm, what does mine do? ph34r.gif
acidteardrop
red isnt entirely my color, but i certainly am in love with your AV too! its not green tho. green eyes always et me wub.gif
Phyllis
QUOTE (VVes @ Dec 29 2003, 12:10 PM)
{begin comment}

It's been replaced by Excite Super Chat, and it's client based. And yes, I do paint,
sometimes better av's then others, sometimes not.

{end comment}

I know it's been replaced by Super Chat....but I haven't been in there in ages, so I don't know if painting is as big as it was in VP. Plus, if I'm not mistaken, there are FAR fewer people in there now, so it wouldn't have made my point as well. tongue.gif

But well...I still say that paint programs are easy to use in that way. *slaps TL back with a bigger trout* I've seen tons like it. Just because no one does it around here doesn't mean that they can't.
Sir Maxerpopple
QUOTE (Mingtea @ Dec 29 2003, 03:05 PM)

Rhyme not intended.

Ummm that was the Joke..

I just woke up at the time, so blame it on a sleepy mind, don't attribute it to me! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
Sarah the Spider
OoOoooOooh, I'm loving the Squee, Sammi!!

And I changed mine, after my lovely daughter pointed out the other one was a bit...spooky...

tongue.gif
MistressAlti
QUOTE (Polocrunch @ Dec 29 2003, 02:23 PM)
Remember the [sarcasm] and [/sarcasm] brackets every time you post in the common-as-muck Daft Forum!

I chose mine because I was feeling artso-faggy at the time. And I love Picasso with all my heart, and all my strength, and all my soul, to quote directly from the Bible.

I see you don't remember that you changed yours to Legolas... or are you trying to be funny again. blink.gif
Silver Star Angel of Da Towers
uhh.. I chose mine because.. she's an angel, and she looks very silvery, and she's holding the star in her hands. Too bad there's no towers... that would be weird. But If you click on the link in my siggy, you can find a pic of the towers.
Righteous
I'm thinking of changing my av. I have 6 categories: Anarchy/freedom, police brutality/Mumia Abu-Jamal, Christianity, Pink Floys, Mushroomhead or other. Which do you guys think I should do?
EvilSpork
Because its a bomb... I like bombs.
cheese is funny
QUOTE (Righteous @ Dec 29 2003, 11:08 PM)
I'm thinking of changing my av. I have 6 categories: Anarchy/freedom, police brutality/Mumia Abu-Jamal, Christianity, Pink Floys, Mushroomhead or other. Which do you guys think I should do?

other.

i have yet to see other from you i dont think...
acidteardrop
imma stop being lazy and run that google search now.
Righteous
Thanks, Cheese. I've got some Reserveoir Dogs pics I think are interesting.
Righteous
There. My cute little spider.
cheese is funny
yay! random otherness in the form of a spider!
Sarah the Spider
I resent that title on your AV! laugh.gif tongue.gif

Schway arachnid, however.
acidteardrop
indeed, me likes
Sir Maxerpopple
I resent that title on your AV!  laugh.gif  tongue.gif

What is it, it didn't load on my computer, dying of curiosity!
Spacehappy
It suits me, and my personality.
TigerLily013
QUOTE (candice @ Dec 29 2003, 03:45 PM)
I know it's been replaced by Super Chat....but I haven't been in there in ages, so I don't know if painting is as big as it was in VP. Plus, if I'm not mistaken, there are FAR fewer people in there now, so it wouldn't have made my point as well. tongue.gif

But well...I still say that paint programs are easy to use in that way. *slaps TL back with a bigger trout* I've seen tons like it. Just because no one does it around here doesn't mean that they can't.

*kicks cand indabut*

Hey now, I didnt say, they couldn't do it...I just said there isn't much because of the ever taking over program of photoshop so nyah =P
arpeggiodreams
Mine is a picture of Christene LeDoux. If anyone knows who that is, I will be absolutely amazed.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.