Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Satan's Fish Tank
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Creations
WeeJ
A bunch of you probably know this, but I write for a rock magazine/fanzine called Satan's Fish Tank. Well, Dan (the editor) has asked me to put my feelers out for some people to write some gig or album reviews (or anything else you fancy contributing) The mag's based on a rock/metal kind of genre but anything is welcome.

Should you fancy a go at getting your work published and read by a bunch of peopl e in the Midlands then let me know. Plus, you get a free copy of SFT...which is nice smile.gif
Usurper MrTeapot
Do they have to be in the least bit famous? I'm going to yet another Metal gig tomorrow and I would love to do a review. Though it is in the London area so I think that might be a bit far away...
WeeJ
As I said, pretty much anything is welcome...and SFT are always looking to reach new places (although two copies of sft have already broken through to London thanks to Sean and Dayan)
CommieBastard
Jennie, Dan's not answering his e-mail - when's the deadline?

Edit: Okay, just got the e-mail. 'Tis 20th March, everybody.
Usurper MrTeapot
In that case I'd love to try an article. I used to be editor for the school paper back in the day y'know (last year). Hmm...I would probably be able to distribute a couple of copies around my area, its got a fair number of metalheads but I don't know how we would arrange the money etc. I think it'll be best to just submit an article and leave it at that. smile.gif
Juiceisgood
I've done a few rock/punk articles for Urban Freakshow over the lest few months, but I'm rather spent as far as music journalism goes for a while, those bastards take it all out of me. And it ruins whatever album I've written about for months to come...

So why am I writing this reply?

Well the fact is that the 20th of march is a long time away and I would love so see something in print (been a while). You can find the articles I mentioned above at urban-freakshow, Raw Power and very soon there will be a Metallic KO review, which should be there any moment with the new update... should be there... So just visit the index when you read this and maybe it'll be be put up by then.

Anyway, if you like what's there let me know and I guess I'll throw myself at another topic. Although I have some Music Industry stuff that is now free from the one month period of non-publishment at UF as well. Come to think of it, the Raw Power peice might be up as well, in which case I can give you both or either... but tell me if you're interested first and I'll check with Aidan. Also, it might be understandable that the magazine won't want to print something that's been on the internet. If so let me know and I will end up writing something before deadline, but I'd like the easy approach if you like either article and can print them, because I'm both busy and lazy and tired as hell.
WeeJ
Dan should be ok with stuff that has made an appearance online. You can ask him yourself. I'll PM you his email address. the more the merrier, but please, no time wasters. If he sets aside a space for you, its important you fill it otherwise he has a big void to fill last minute. Poor bugger.

And Sean, your gig review from last issue was absolutely brilliant biggrin.gif
CommieBastard
QUOTE (WeeJ @ Jan 14 2004, 09:03 AM)

This one'll be in much the same vein, I'm afraid - only thing I can think of is the Placebo gig I'm going to, and I already know I'm going to love it.
Usurper MrTeapot
QUOTE (CommieBastard @ Jan 14 2004, 11:00 PM)
QUOTE (WeeJ @ Jan 14 2004, 09:03 AM)

This one'll be in much the same vein, I'm afraid - only thing I can think of is the Placebo gig I'm going to, and I already know I'm going to love it.

I assume that's the Brixton Academy one coming up, myself and friends are going to that all depends on my cashflow.
CommieBastard
QUOTE (MrTeapot @ Jan 15 2004, 09:24 PM)
I assume that's the Brixton Academy one coming up, myself and friends are going to that all depends on my cashflow.

The one on March 1st? See you there :)
Usurper MrTeapot
smile.gif I guess I will. (Note to self: Remember to pester CommieB to buy me beer)
Jaq
I'd like to write something on something. Sounds like fun!

Wait, does it matter that I live in Canada?
CommieBastard
QUOTE (Jaq @ Jan 15 2004, 10:58 PM)

Sorry, Jaq, it's a racially exclusive fanzine.
Jaq
QUOTE (CommieBastard @ Jan 15 2004, 05:10 PM)
QUOTE (Jaq @ Jan 15 2004, 10:58 PM)

Sorry, Jaq, it's a racially exclusive fanzine.

Bah! I shake my fist at you and all your limey counterparts!
CommieBastard
QUOTE (Jaq @ Jan 15 2004, 11:28 PM)
Bah! I shake my fist at you and all your limey counterparts!

You mean your WORTHLESS CANADIAN FIST?!
WeeJ
I've written my usual internet column. Hurrah.
And for once, its early! biggrin.gif

Just need to think of something for WeeJ's Words now unsure.gif blink.gif
satansfishtank
Yeah help WeeJ think of something because I'm useless at it. Good job I'm not the editor... blink.gif laugh.gif
Juiceisgood
Oi! I sent the editor some stuff and a few questions what seems like a few weeks ago, and still no reply. Even if it was no good a rejection e-mail would have been nice... sad.gif
WeeJ
QUOTE (Juiceisgood @ Jan 21 2004, 12:37 AM)
Oi! I sent the editor some stuff and a few questions what seems like a few weeks ago, and still no reply. Even if it was no good a rejection e-mail would have been nice... sad.gif

Turns out I gave you the wrong email. sorry unsure.gif

Get in contact with him at sft@satansfishtank.com
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.