Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Spreading The Word
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > About the animations
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Mutilation
What I don't get is why people like the LGG (Who I for some reason can't to relate to, maybe because I'm a non-goth man) and Mittens. Yea it's a bit of a laugh on the first two but it's just not in the same calibre as MSB. Actually, without MSB this place would be total and utter shi...

Yeah.

I told a few people but they are philistines who don't realsie we must destroy the oppression!

I will probably try and get a T-shirt with the money down the back of the couch.

WHAT!

You mean pounds!
mooooooooooopo
Hmm...I've managed to introduce a few people to matazone but it seems to be 50/50 whether they get it or sit there scratching their arses and thinking 'wtf?!?'.

Clearly half the people I know havent got past the 'hitting each other over the head with rocks' stage of human evolution yet...maybe I should find some better friends blink.gif
gothictheysay
Gotta find friends with an open mind and a certain sense of humor. I mean, one of my friends laughed at Skippy, but if I'd shown her Samuri Lapin just killing bunnies, she would have a fit! Never even mind LGG, she'd turn on me and say "Don't you ever end up like her!!" and not get the plot arc. As well as that, she'd be scared of Mittens and wouldn't get MSB. So she's not a candidate for here, but I have a few other friends who like it here, including my friend who sent me here - I'm more obsessed now than her. laugh.gif
Snugglebum the Destroyer
I do talk about Matazone a lot to my mates, but (this will disgrace me) I don't actually give them the details.

But, but, but - before you all lynch me - I have a good reason. This is the only thing in my life that is exclusively mine. That none of my RL friends are involved in. I like it like that, I enjoy having something that no one I see can interefere with.

Although, saying that - I did introduce my brother to Samuri Lapin last night and he thought it was amazing.

I wouldn't be surprised if he turned up here at some point...

(if you're already here, bugger off!! It's mine, mine I tell you)
Cath Sparrow
QUOTE (Mata @ Apr 3 2004, 12:56 AM)
Unfortunately there are no discounts available for pimping my site to your friends!

How about around a big Goth Festival like say.... Whitby Goth Weekend? Which I might just happen to be going to later this month..... tongue.gif

But, but, but - before you all lynch me - I have a good reason. This is the only thing in my life that is exclusively mine. That none of my RL friends are involved in. I like it like that, I enjoy having something that no one I see can interefere with.

I'm a bit like that to. I say some things on here which I wouldn't always say in R/L and I end up kind of feeling this is my space for clearing my brain so I can deal with every thing else.
But I have told people about this place but alot of them aren't that bother and think Oh! Cath's just off on one again! But hey it's there loss! biggrin.gif
Righteous
I was never a big fan of the Mittens and Snowdrop animations, but I know some people who love them the most.
acid_rain_child
I remember a loooong time ago, the first time I came to matazone (about two years ago maybe? When the site only had a few thousand hits and I'd check everyday to see how it was growing... like a tadpole) There were only 2 or three Mittens and Snowdrop, I watched them at least 15 times... I was hooked. I'm sorry to say I haven't seen them in a year or so, but I remember something about either Mittens or Snowdrop wanting to bang the living hell out of the other, I thought it was the best thing since melted chocolate.
I'm going to go look at it when I'm done typing...
What I do remember see and thinking, 'Wow, I hope it gets better..." is LGG. No offense of course, I have immense respect for Mata, but eh, I didn't like those at all.
My favorites are MSB, of course. It basically sums up my feelings for humanity. But I don't like to think of it as being cynical, I think of it as being optimistically cynical, because I laugh at the inability of my fellow human beings to be able to think. The bright side? It's funny to watch dumb people! As it is, and lucky for me, the world's full of them.
Wow, that got off topic. Sum of the post: Mittens and Snowdop good, LGG, bad, MSB, fabulous *flicks wrist*
Mata
Everyone's got their favourites. I get more emails asking for new episodes of LGG than any other character, after that it's probably S. Lapin. I'm just pleased I've got enough characters to keep me interested in making the animations!
AnnieRexic
I love Little Goth girl to bits - even to the point where people started calling me Little Goth Girl because i wouldn't shut up about her, i'd kind of randomly start quoting parts of the stories (along with my other Other Side-aholic Florence). I scared my friend by showing him the first two Mittens animations and have told endless amounts of people to visit the site. Keep up the GREAT work Mata - I Love you dude!

p.s. One of my friends (who i shall punish greatly) has started a chain letter and has sent your Matrix Drinking Game as a forward and i have seen it appear on some other sites. I was wondering if there was anyway you could protect it using copywrite or something beacause you and the members of this forum who made it are getting cheated out of your credit for making the game in the first place.
Righteous
I remember really liking the one about Mittens and Snowdrop talking about how cool it would be to be world leaders. I showed some guys in my acting troop in high school that animation along with others and they got mad kicks out of them.

And I understand that Samurai Lapin animations can be tough. With my own samurai comic, Oriku Ronin: Skateboard Samurai, coming up with new additions to the ongoing storyline is hard. I'm sure the problems you encounter are different from mine, but I can level with you on that.

BTW- I never got to thank you on your suggestion of the Hagakure. It was really kick-ass and was strangely easy to merge with skate culture. Thanks, bro.
Mata
Ri, no problem mate, glad you liked the book.

Hi Annie, nice to have new people on the forums, cheers for passing on the word. If you do see the Matrix drinking game on other sites please pass me on the links and I'll have words with them. There is credit definitely due on that game to lots of members of this board and I really want the dedication at the end to stick with the game if people are copying it to other places. I figured it would get copied, and I'm okay with that as long as the credits stay on there.
monkey_called_narth
my favorit is msb... and i send it to people quite alot in mid conversation when we ht somthing that i can relate to it...

and im still struggling to get money for a tee!!! i have $20 right now... and mata i still have your address... i might deefy the father and send you the money for the shirt....
gothictheysay
In absolutely every conversation we have, my friend Amy and I always end up saying either "the corporation loves you" or "conform. consume. obeeey." She said she's going to sign up here one of these days - and she's the one who told ME about matazone. tongue.gif
Ashbless
I've done my best to interest an entire Edmonton dojo in Samuri Lapin. biggrin.gif
Still waiting on extra money to buy anything but the day will come....
Twitching
Heh, I'm going to an art summer program at a college up in Philadelphia, and I keep thinking "gosh... think of all the new converts.... wow." I'm going to take all my shirts and randomly grab people and drag them to the nearest computer.

And it's an art summer program, so no one will think I'm completely crazy. laugh.gif
Righteous
QUOTE (Twitching @ May 18 2004, 06:02 AM)
Heh, I'm going to an art summer program at a college up in Philadelphia, and I keep thinking "gosh... think of all the new converts.... wow." I'm going to take all my shirts and randomly grab people and drag them to the nearest computer.

For the record: Philadelphia rules. I may be a southerner, but I'll always consider Philadelphia my home.
Mata
You have a terrible international airport. My goodness they're slow at processing international visitors, and they put the gates miles away from eachother, and then they lost my co-traveller's luggage - for four days!
The Lorax
I've told a LOT of people about Matazone...and most don't get it but others have been nagging me about the link. That plus it actually gets past my school districts web-blocker, so most of my posts are during my first hour class! happy.gif So, I know of atleast 10 people that have visited on my behalf..but there could be more >.>
Patient #212
Just today I briefly introduced an entire class to Matazone. For a project, a little part of it involved a referral to the Issues Forum. Unfortunately, I don't think they exactly understood it all... they're more immature than I thought, apparently, and refused to focus upon the things I brought them here for. It was more like: "Like, OMG, that guy used the word "bastard" in his name! *giggle* *giggle*". So I'll have to kill them all now.
mooooooooooopo
I showed my friend some of the Mittens and Mr Snaffleburger animations earlier...he said he was gonna have a look at the site later (it was in one of the computer rooms at uni so no sound dry.gif )

If he joins the forums then flee, he is scary and orange

Oh, and someone wanted the web addy off my LGG shirt too laugh.gif
Cthulhu
I got my T-Shirt today and wore it out to go shopping at a local Office Max, got several odd looks "Smell your brains?" questions and at least 2 people wrote down the URL. So that's good. smile.gif I like all the characters but, M&SD are probably my favorite. They're just, um, out there.

I think LGG needs a little goth boyfriend so she can go to goth clubs with him. Ahh, memories. smile.gif
Cath Sparrow
Did you not see the last LGG animation? LGG and the Space Hopper. wink.gif
Cthulhu
I guess not, huh... That's odd, I thought I was all caught up. Must...go...see...

smile.gif
Righteous
QUOTE (Mata @ May 18 2004, 09:33 AM)
You have a terrible international airport. My goodness they're slow at processing international visitors, and they put the gates miles away from eachother, and then they lost my co-traveller's luggage - for four days!

'Fraid so, man. Security screening at Jacksonville International took forever when I travelled from Florida to New York to visit Spiffy. I also refused to put any luggage in the luggage compartment and instead took everything in an overstuffed backpack and an overstuffed small suitcase. When my brother Rick and our friend Little Matt went to Philadelphia, they had to throw away their skate tools and I believe were accosted about their boards. What would they do? (in Arabic accent) "You turn around this plane right now or I start taking the plane apart piece-by-piece."

And 212, I'm down with that. I get a lot of "I don't get it"s when I show people the site. On occasion, someone finds it really awesome and appreciates Mata's sick, sick sense of humor. wink.gif
Twitching
I'm lucking out in a way - we're driving. On the other hand, that means what would be a rather short flight is now going to be a 4+ hour drive with just me and my mother. Wheeee. But I'm going to take over the music, which will make things much more interesting.

When I get really bored in trig class, I pass out slips of paper with the web address on em. (when I'm not doing one of a hundred other things in trig class, none of which are likely to be trig work or paying attention. somehow I've still got an A. laugh.gif )
Mutilation
What is a trig class?

Sorry I should probably know but anyway...

Alot of people don't seem to appreciate the corporation enough.

Now I'm going to update my sig:

"In Communism, everyone is equal. Just some people are more equal than others."
Righteous
Trig = triganometry.

It's a branch of math dealing with triangles and such.
Twitching
It's basically hell. We've got a long standing joke that our teacher is the devil, although it's also been said that he's god smiting the infidels. Either way, it's horrible and so dull you want to scramble your brains with pencils. dry.gif

But this may just be because I don't like math and my teacher sucks.
Righteous
This makes me glad I have problems in math because 1) I got to take geometry twice, thus avoiding precalculus (thank You Jesus) and 2) in that class, the work was amazingly easy and the teacher was completely oblivious to everything, so we shared answers and played games and watched movies online. I showed a lot of the guys The Other Side and they dug it, especially Samurai Lapin.
Mutilation
Yeah, I know what trigonametry is, just we just call it Maths in England.
Patient #212
But trig is a specific branch of math. Like calculus or algebra. They're all completely different, so you might as well name them differently. I wonder why it is that, in America, we say "math" and in the UK you say "maths"? I suppose it makes sense, considering it's mathematics... it sounds so funny to me though...

Wow, this is off topic.
Mutilation
Yes it is. But I just call it Maths, as we didn't have algebra lessons or calculus lessons, we just had math(s) and we changed subjects through the year. Probably something to do with your dodgy Simestas.

It could be worse, we could all call it snow like the Eskimos...
Righteous
The vast majority of folks I've shown the site to really dig Samurai Lapin. Are they the most popular overall? How much feedback does Mata get over Lapin in comparison to the other animations?
spiffilicious05
I don't know. Some of my friends really like mittens - especially the animations with mittens and sex...

They really like the one with him in the garder.... laugh.gif
Fred
I find a good way to spread the word is WEAR YOUR T SHIRTS. I have sent several people to this sight simply because they looked at me funny and said... "I can smell your ... what IS that?" And i a very proud to add that since i told one of my m8s about it, I've bought him the 'Cannibal Sex Kitty' T for his bday, and he claims Mittens keeps him sane.
do we count as missionaries?
Patient #212
QUOTE (Fred @ May 29 2004, 08:22 AM)
I find a good way to spread the word is WEAR YOUR T SHIRTS. I have sent several people to this sight simply because they looked at me funny and said... "I can smell your ... what IS that?" And i a very proud to add that since i told one of my m8s about it, I've bought him the 'Cannibal Sex Kitty' T for his bday, and he claims Mittens keeps him sane.
do we count as missionaries?

This is extremely true. I've worn my "This is my world, I share it with no one" shirt out a few times so far and I've had a dozen people ask 1. What it means and 2. Where I got it. I don't think any of them have actually visited the site though... sad.gif
hinsley
QUOTE (Mutilation @ May 22 2004, 09:37 PM)
Yes it is. But I just call it Maths, as we didn't have algebra lessons or calculus lessons, we just had math(s) and we changed subjects through the year. Probably something to do with your dodgy Simestas.

It could be worse, we could all call it snow like the Eskimos...

Most people in my class called it math, not maths... but i think that was just us. tongue.gif

and we had trig class!!! I didnt hate it tho... i liked all my math classes, biggrin.gif

And can you get a cashcard linked to paypal cause i dont know and I want a T-shirt, well as soon as they pay me the 400 they owe me.... dry.gif
Mr Fuzzy
QUOTE (hinsley @ May 30 2004, 09:30 PM)
Most people in my class called it math, not maths... but i think that was just us. tongue.gif

Actually that is something I've been noticing more and more over the years. I suspect it is caused by constant exposure to American television. Probably because it is easier to import TV than to bother to create something new, innovative, and interesting. That's a different debate entirely though.
CommieBastard
We always called it maths, probably because I went to a private secondary school where Englishness was enforced.
Sir Maxerpopple
In my live journal I have quoted Mr. Snaffleburger and Mittens, providing links to the site with the quotes. Just doin' my part.
mooooooooooopo
Forgot to mention the link to matazone on my website: moop.org.uk biggrin.gif .
Righteous
I have Matazone on my site, too. if you want to go, it's in my sig.
LoLo
So I'm at work on Saturday last week, (there was a huge event going on and lots of people in and out of the store.) and I was wearing my conform, consume, obey shirt. One of the people shopping saw me climbing up on something to get product down for someone and said to me, "Where did you get your shirt?" He liked the saying so much that I explained to him about the Mr. SB animations and gave him the website. Hell he could be reading this right now for all I know. laugh.gif

I like wearing my shirts out and just seeing what kind of response I get. Last week I was also wearing my lgg freaks out shirt to a street market in downtown Chico and as I walked I heard a ton of people saying, "Hey check out that girls shirt," or, "Isn't that shirt cool." Unfortunatly no one there asked me where I got it.

With my mittens shirt people tend to like to tell me that I must have a great sense of smell if I can smell their brains.
mooooooooooopo
I got stranded in town for a few hours (damn delayed trains making me wait 2 hours because the train before was 5 minutes late) and a scarily huge number of people asked what their brains smelled like. I almost have a pre-rehearsed 'matazone t-shirt questions' script now laugh.gif .
gothictheysay
My dad walked into the room whilst I was browsing some "dark" sites (rolleyes.gif) so I distracted him by mentioning the forums and then showing him some animations!

I showed him two Snaffleburgers and he smiled (hard to get him to laugh at anything on the computer, usually) and seeing as he's a biggie with martial arts, I showed him the first Samuri Lapin, and he laughed after the enemy's head came off after Lapin said "You are unworthy." He also noticed that the stuff Lapin was saying came from The Art of War. I didn't know that! ohmy.gif

So maybe when I ask to use his credit card to buy a t-shirt he'll be willing wink.gif I just thought his reaction was interesting...this thread needs bumping anyway tongue.gif
arachnidoc17
I have mentioned Mr. Snaffleburger to just about everyone I know, and over seven eighths said, "What? who is MR SNAFFLEBURGER?" and stared at me like I was crazy. I feel goooooood.
arachnidoc17
And then drifted over the boards was a mysterious silence...
Twitching
So I just got back from this Summer Institute at Uarts in Philly that I went to. (It was a month long, and wonderful, but that's offtopic.) They did this thing called the Big Shot where they cram all the students (about 500) from this summer program onto a set of stairs and take thier picture. And then the picture goes in the brochure for the next year's summer program. So people, watch for it! Because I'm the girl holding the sign that says "www.matazone.co.uk" laugh.gif I took an entire ten minutes out of my lunch earlier that day to make it too. I figure subtle widespread corruption may result from it, if I'm lucky. But hey, I did rant about the site to everyone who asked. And what really scared me is that one of my room mates had actually been to the site. It was quite strange.
gothictheysay
So the brain injection has worked, I see...*Cough*

But mostly...WELCOME BACK YOU!! Now stay, dammit! wink.gif I will look for that picture tongue.gif
artist.unknown
w00t, Twitching! I have last year's brochure and big shot sitting around somewhere--the one with the guy in the giant milk carton that says "Have You Seen Me?" heh. I'll look for you in this year's.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.