Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who Is Coming To The Uk Meet On7th Feb?
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Mata
Okay, we've had the 'I'm planning on being there' thread, time to get things more accurate.

If you want to come and still haven't got around to booking a B&B then there are details of loads of them in my post on page two of the 'intending to come' thread. http://www.matazone.co.uk/forums/index.php...opic=6691&st=25

I've booked a resaurant for 1:30 on Saturday 7th, currently my booking is for 12 but I can increase this, I can also push back the booking time a little if needs be, but not much. The restaurant is about two minutes amble from the station and on the same road so it's very easy to get to if you're turning up a little late.

There is a gig by Modular Series, the band that does the Little Goth Girl music for me, on Friday 6th if anyone is around for that. They're loud, fast, agressive and really very good indeed. Let me know if you're wanting to get along to that. We can either meet at the train station or in the pub where they're playing (it's on the other side of the car park at the back of the train station).

There are also plans for anyone around on Sunday lunchtime to meet up and have some food in town, probably in O'Neills. Again, if you want to be around for that now's the time to mention it.

So, definite confirmations please! Copy and paste the following and add your own answers:

1 My username is [...], and when meeting people I prefer to be called [...].

2 Have you got your accomodation arranged yet? Yes/No.

3 I will be arriving Friday/Saturday at [...]

4 I will/won't be joining you for lunch on Sunday.

5 I am [age].

6 I am the [...] person to say they're definitely coming so far.

Here's my lot:

1 My username is Mata, and when meeting people I prefer to be called Mata.

2 Have you got your accomodation arranged yet? Yes.

3 I will be arriving Friday at 8pm (in the pub most likely).

4 I will be joining you for lunch on Sunday.

5 I am 26, but will have turned 27 on the 4th Feb!

6 I am the 1st person to say they're definitely coming so far.
Mata
Here's a map, the ringed bit is The Railway pub where we will be drinking on Saturday. The little red circle to the right of that is the train station. If you walk out the back of the train station you'll see a big car park, the pub is on the other side of that, about 20 metres up the hill.

If you come out of the train station, turn right and walk along Station Road then continue along Upper High Street you'll find Manhatten's Pizza where we're eating on the Saturday.

If you look a little further down and to the right you'll see the proper High Street (rather than 'Upper High Street'), directly under where those words are on the map is O'Neills where anyone around on Sunday is more than welcome to get together for lunch.
Pixelgoth
1 My username is [...], and when meeting people I prefer to be called [...].

Pixiegoth but you can all call me Sam or Pixie if you really must rolleyes.gif I'm also bring my bloke Ed. He is registered as Ressurection Joe but he has posted all of.....er...never so far!

2 Have you got your accomodation arranged yet? Yes/No.

Yep, Christchurch Road B&B, same as WeeJ

3 I will be arriving Friday/Saturday at [...]

Arriving 12.22 on Saturday (assuming the trains run to time) and leaving 8.28am ohmy.gif on Monday.

4 I will/won't be joining you for lunch on Sunday.

I should be joining you for lunch but won't know til nearer the time. I assume we can leave that til the last minute if it's a pub lunch anyways.

5 I am the [...] person to say they're definitely coming so far.

I am the 2nd person to say they are definitely coming so far biggrin.gif

EDIT: Ooops, missed my age off......ripe old 27 wink.gif
Pixelgoth
Wouldn't it be easier to arrange a pub to meet in so that people can turn up sometime shortly before 1.30pm and then we can all amble to the restaurant together?

Otherwise the restaurant might have us all turning up in dribs and drabs and it would be easier if we all arrived together and ordered together?

Just a suggestion? unsure.gif
leopold
erm... we'd all be meeting at the station, wouldn't we? Like last time?

Anyways... back on track:

1 My username is leopold, and when meeting people I prefer to be called summat non-derogatory. Lee or Leo works best for me.

2 Have you got your accomodation arranged yet? No. HELP!!!!!

3 I will be arriving Saturday at as close to 12:30 as I can manage. If the trains are poo, then I'll be driving down, really fast like! Expect me to be tired!

4 I won't be joining you for lunch on Sunday. Sorry guys, I have to get back home before the kids go to bed, or they'll be really unhappy bunnies...

5 I am 33.

6 I am the 3rd person to say they're definitely coming so far
Mr Fuzzy
1 My username is Mr Fuzzy, and when meeting people I prefer to be called something other than arse face.

2 Have you got your accomodation arranged yet? Yes, I'm considering trying to make it back to my own house for a change.

3 I will be arriving Friday/Saturday at about 5ish for a few pints in the Oak before heading to the Railway at 8.

4 I will be joining you for lunch on Sunday unless anything goes terribly strange.

5 I am 25.

6 I am the 4th person to say they're definitely coming so far.
WeeJ
1 My username is WeeJ, and when meeting people I prefer to be called... I answer to both WeeJ and Jennie.

2 Have you got your accomodation arranged yet? yes. I'm staying at Christchurch Road with Sam and Ed

3 I will be arriving Saturday at about 12ish I should imagine. I'll phone people when we arrive. We're coming by car

4 I will be most likely joining you for lunch on Sunday.

5 I am 19

6 I am the 6th person to say they're definitely coming so far. (Mat's coming along with me)
Sir Psycho Sexy
1 My username is Sir Psycho Sexy (i hate that name now >_<), and when meeting people I prefer to be called Pat, Paddy works too....but only for WeeJ and some others.

2 Have you got your accomodation arranged yet? Yes

3 I will be arriving Friday at some time in the evening I guess (what time do modular series start their set? (edit: assuming i go to my lectures on friday, i won't be there til 7.30 pm, thats not too late is it?)

4 I might be joining you for lunch on Sunday.

5 I am super dooper....oh 19 >_>.

6 I am the 7th person to say they're definitely coming so far.
Spacehappy
1 My username is Spacehappy, and when meeting people I prefer to be called Pete or Space (fatty or OY will also be answered to)

2 Have you got your accomodation arranged yet? Yes.

3 I will be arriving Friday at 16.00

5 I am 31 (not as old as Leo but feel it)

6 I am the 8th person to say they're definitely coming so far.
Polocrunch
1 My username is Polocrunch, the mindless copying drone, and when meeting people I prefer to be called Alex.

2 Have you got your accomodation arranged yet? No. Oops.

3 I will be arriving Saturday, times unarranged.

5 I am 17.

6 I am the 9th person to say they're definitely coming so far.
Queenie
1 My username is Queenie, and when meeting people I prefer to be called Lea.

2 Have you got your accomodation arranged yet? Yes/No. Yes

3 I will be arriving Friday/Saturday at [...] Friday

4 I will/won't be joining you for lunch on Sunday. Not to sure will if i can smile.gif

5 I am 19.

6 I am the 10th person to say they're definitely coming so far.
CommieBastard
1 My username is CommieBastard, and when meeting people I prefer to be called Sean.

2 Have you got your accomodation arranged yet? No, due to the significant other's inability to confirm.

3 I will be arriving Probably Friday at Some point or other.

5 I am sixteen years old.

6 I am the eleventh person to say they're definitely coming so far.
Tarantio
1 My username is [Tarantio], and when meeting people I prefer to be called [David or Tara or T or whatever you really feel like calling me].

2 Have you got your accomodation arranged yet? No.

3 I will be arriving Saturday at [11.30 am]

5 I am [19].

6 I am the [twelfth] person to say they're definitely coming so far.
MrBrick
1) My username is MrBrick, you can call me that, or brick or Dan or Scrote. Whatever, I am called all of the above on a regular basis.

2) I would hope so as I live in Winchester.

3) I will be following Mr Fuzzy and shouting abuse at him.

4) I suspect I can join you for lunch

5) I will be 21 years old by the time said meet malarky takes place.

6) Assuming I am vaguely numerate, I am the 13th person to confirm attendance.

Edited to fix spelling, punctuation, and names. Possibly to be annoying too...
jessipuff
QUOTE (Mata @ Jan 19 2004, 11:05 AM)
There is a gig by Modular Series, the band that does the Little Goth Girl music for me, on Friday 6th if anyone is around for that. They're loud, fast, agressive and really very good indeed. Let me know if you're wanting to get along to that. We can either meet at the train station or in the pub where they're playing (it's on the other side of the car park at the back of the train station).

errrrrrmmmm

they're playing the Joiners on the 6th not the Railway. G told me last night that he'd told you about the gig and that some of the meet-up people might be coming. did he tell you it was in the Railway? *pokes him*. You should still all come because they are worth it and the new stuff is amazing, but you shall have to trek to Southampton i'm afraid.

Becca (Head Groupie and Modular Series' biggest fan, logged into her sisters account because she's lazy)
xxx
Mata
I'm pretty sure he said the Railway. Ach, the wee badger! Cheers Becca! Do you fancy coming along to the meet too?

Well, anyone up for a quick wander down to Southampton that night? Either that or it's another night in the pub for us!
Sir Psycho Sexy
...its not far is it? i won't be able to get to winchester til....well friday evening after 6pm...so yeah >_>
Mata
It's about 15 minutes on the train, about 20 by car (if anyone's driving?). Depending on how many there are of us it might be cheaper to get a taxi. We probably will have to get a taxi back (about 20) since it will most likely be after the trains have stopped when the gig finishes.

The Joiners is a good venue, better than The Railway, so it's a good place to see them play.
Spacehappy
Ok well im down in Winchester for about 16.00, so someone please let me know whats going on or it's a loney night in a b&b for me.
CommieBastard
Reet, can't be buggered to be off to Southampton as well, so unless there's a few people hanging around Winchester on Friday evening I'll not come down until Saturday.
Cath Sparrow
1 My username is Cath, and when meeting people I prefer to be called Cath, Cathryn, Oi! will get my attenion, will answer to Cathy but not a big fav of mine so will probably complain. I'm also useless at remebering other peoples name so I'll say sorry now! Sorry!

2 Have you got your accomodation arranged yet? Yes. At Bethany House don't know if any one else is staying there?

3 I will be arriving Friday at hopefully late afternoon early evening can't say more than that as I'm driving!!! and have to work in the morning so won't be leaving here till 1.30

4 I will be joining you for lunch on Sunday. Seeing as I surgested it.

5 I am 28. (mutter mutter mutter!!!!)

6 I am the 14th (I think??) person to say they're definitely coming so far.

I'm not completely sure I'll want to go else where on friday night after driving down??
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (Cath @ Jan 20 2004, 07:14 PM)
4 I will be joining you for lunch on Sunday. Seeing as I surgested it.

Did you? I thought I did as I said I would be sightseeing all day Sunday and wondered if people wanted to meet up for lunch then too? unsure.gif Perhaps I am imagining things and I am actually living your life for you?!?!? laugh.gif

And don't worry, I'm 27 and Ed is 28 and Mata is as old as the hills you won't feel old wink.gif

*ducks swipe from Mata's mod hand*
Mata
*swipe!*

Right, well, the general concensus seems to be that people don't want to trundle down to Southampton, so I guess it's a pre-meet-night-in-the-pub for us then, to warm us up for the meet-night-in-the-pub, not to be confused with the post-meet-lunch-in-the-pub smile.gif
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (Mata @ Jan 21 2004, 12:40 PM)
*swipe!*

Right, well, the general concensus seems to be that people don't want to trundle down to Southampton, so I guess it's a pre-meet-night-in-the-pub for us then, to warm us up for the meet-night-in-the-pub, not to be confused with the post-meet-lunch-in-the-pub smile.gif

So are we meeting IN the restaurant or at the station? Sorry but I'm all confused now biggrin.gif

It's all your fault tongue.gif *points at Mata*
Sir Psycho Sexy
*swipe!*

aww...poo, and i really wanted to see them live, the dakoma sessions is getting a little old hat now sad.gif
Spacehappy
*swipe!*

I also wanted to see them live, hence booking a day off work and coming down so early. A taxi to Southhampton is not a prob here.
Sir Psycho Sexy
we could go...and take mata with us, wave him about, i'm sure that'd get us in tongue.gif
Queenie
oh my life... just looked up train times etc... and i'm going to be on a train for the average of 5 hours!! blink.gif What am i going to do for a whole 5 hours...? I'm going to be to scared to go to sleep just in case i'd miss the stop!!
Lots of energy tablets for me!!! laugh.gif
WeeJ
Depending on where you're travling from Lea, me and Mat might be able to stuff you in the car along with us. It depends where you're traveling from you see. You'de have to be at Redditch Saturday morning when we set off instead of at uni in Leeds.

Gimmee a text and let me know smile.gif

Oh, and have you booked your room yet?
Mingtea
1 My username is Mingtea and when meeting people I prefer to be called... I answer to Mingtea, Mingetea John, Hey you.

2 Have you got your accomodation arranged yet? yes i've spaffed myself all over the south

3 I will be arriving Saturday.. either with WeeJ or by train (i'm penciled into be in reading friday night)

4 I will be most likely joining you for lunch on Sunday.

5 I am 19

6 I am the 15th person to say they're definitely coming so far.
jessipuff
muttersandgrumblesthatmysistershouldgetherownlogin....

Don't think I'll be making an appearance at the meet up (all a bit too scary!), but I'll say hi if I'm at the Joiners.
Mata
Hey Jessi, yep Becca should definitely get her own account! Look on the bright side, at least she didn't scatter sparkly things all over your sig!

Okay, it looks like we need a vote about going to the Mod Series gig or not. I'll start a new thread...
leopold
Apologies... I won't be coming after all, guys.

So I guess this makes it 14...
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (leopold @ Jan 22 2004, 09:31 AM)

That sucks Leo. Sorry to hear that sad.gif

*hugs*

You WILL be missed sad.gif
Mata
Aww... *hugs Leo* Maybe we should get a printout of his photo and stick to a balloon, then during the night fill it slowly with beer.
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (Mata @ Jan 22 2004, 12:05 PM)
Aww... *hugs Leo* Maybe we should get a printout of his photo and stick to a balloon, then during the night fill it slowly with beer.

That could be potentially explosive and sticky!!! biggrin.gif

You hold the balloon and I'll pour laugh.gif
Sir Psycho Sexy
QUOTE (Pixiegoth @ Jan 22 2004, 01:14 PM)
QUOTE (Mata @ Jan 22 2004, 12:05 PM)

That could be potentially explosive and sticky!!! biggrin.gif

You hold the balloon and I'll pour laugh.gif

yeah leo-ballon would never abandon us *sniff* tongue.gif
Queenie
QUOTE (WeeJ @ Jan 21 2004, 07:36 PM)
Oh, and have you booked your room yet?

Yes... i'm all organised well kinda just need to sort out the travel now! smile.gif

Ta for the offer but i'm going on the friday and would lose lots of pennies if i went on the saturday (blink.gif works some how!)

awww... its shame about Leo not being able to come sad.gif *hugs Leo*

The balloon idea sounds interesting tho! I'm going to run away very fast if it explodes!
Spacehappy
QUOTE (leopold @ Jan 22 2004, 09:31 AM)

So I guess this makes it 14...

YAY sexy women all for us tongue.gif . Seriously mate wanted to meet you, maybe next time. sad.gif
Cath Sparrow
Aww! I was looking forward to meeting the famous Leo! Hugs anyway biggrin.gif
Cath Sparrow
QUOTE (Queenie @ Jan 22 2004, 03:03 PM)
Ta for the offer but i'm going on the friday and would lose lots of pennies if i went on the saturday (blink.gif works some how!)

Queenie if your interested and can get to chester foraround 2ish on the friday I could give a lift? Will be head back Sunday afternoon.
jessipuff
QUOTE (Mata @ Jan 22 2004, 12:41 AM)
Hey Jessi, yep Becca should definitely get her own account! Look on the bright side, at least she didn't scatter sparkly things all over your sig!

laugh.gif You don't have to live with the "glitter queen"!!
Sir Psycho Sexy
glitter? but it gets everywhere, its like sand but makes you look more girly...and i'm not in the mood to look girly tongue.gif
Mata
QUOTE (Sir_Psycho_Sexy @ Jan 23 2004, 01:08 AM)
glitter? but it gets everywhere, its like sand but makes you look more girly...and i'm not in the mood to look girly tongue.gif

Right, I'm bringing along my can of glitter spray then biggrin.gif

Okay, with drop-outs, and previously unadded partners accounted for (I didn't add Sues onto my count, and Pixie didn't add Ed) we're currently at a total of 16 people. Woohoo!

Sues has suggested that I should add question seven:

7 Have you bought Mata a nice pressie yet because it's his birthday on the 4th biggrin.gif
Cath Sparrow
QUOTE (Mata @ Jan 23 2004, 06:27 PM)
7 Have you bought Mata a nice pressie yet because it's his birthday on the 4th biggrin.gif

He could of had a Pickled Kitten© but I just bought Mr Teapot with them! biggrin.gif How about a Mata Zone T-shirt? tongue.gif
CommieBastard

*turns out pockets* I have...twenty-two pence, some fluff, and a bus pass that expires on Monday.
Mingtea
I'll give you a loving kiss.

isn't that what everybody wants on there birthday?
WeeJ
QUOTE (Mingtea @ Jan 23 2004, 07:24 PM)
I'll give you a loving kiss.

isn't that what everybody wants on there birthday?

I'd prefer a car. Or sweets and comics.

So, not long now biggrin.gif
Sir Psycho Sexy

I WIN!! i made chilli vodka, and it wasn't that nasty vodka either, it's organic vodka...which, to be fair was the second cheapest....but still....its chilli vodka...i should take the chillis out soon...and test it proper....with medical personel present....kbye biggrin.gif
Mata
Chilli vodka... That sounds very dangerous, but I am a man who likes chillis smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.