Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who Is Coming To The Uk Meet On7th Feb?
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2, 3
franken-sarah
ohmy.gif Not fair!! I want chilli vodka - and glittery sparkles too!! (Pepper vodka's good too - mmm... vodka) Won't make this meet... when will there be another?? Do you all wear pink carnations or pink, glittery thongs so you recognise each other when you meet up... or is it like a sea of Matazone t-shirts?? biggrin.gif
Sir Psycho Sexy
ooh, how peculiar, it's now sweet chilli vodka, i shall test a whole shot to see what its like proper.....i'll have an ambulance on stand by tongue.gif laugh.gif
franken-sarah
Okay, okay... I dialled 99 - do I need to dial the last 9 yet??

(Is that a siren wailing it's way to you, do you hear it - or are you laying unconcious in a puddle of your own, rapidly cooling, vomit?) blink.gif
Sir Psycho Sexy
F***[ahem-Mata] ME SIDEWAYS WITH A SLEDGE HAMMER!!!!

i think i could make it huge vats and market it as a paint stripper to remove dried on emulsion paint, best take the chilli's out.....best not drink it straight either
CommieBastard
QUOTE (Sir_Psycho_Sexy @ Jan 24 2004, 08:19 PM)

i think i could make it huge vats and market it as a paint stripper to remove dried on emulsion paint, best take the chilli's out.....best not drink it straight

I need me some of that.
franken-sarah
QUOTE (CommieBastard @ Jan 24 2004, 08:24 PM)

i think i could make it huge vats and market it as a paint stripper to remove dried on emulsion paint, best take the chilli's out.....best not drink it straight

I need me some of that.

You must share! YOU MUST SHARE!!!
Sir Psycho Sexy
it'll be at the meet....it looks quite innocent for evil vodka
franken-sarah
Still not fair.. I can't go to the meet - will you describe it to me after?? (Or is that to voyeuristic?) ph34r.gif
Sir Psycho Sexy
there will be pics, there were of the last one so there will be pics of this one too

voyeuristic is watching someone doing something naked...well in my books it is....either way i don't mind tongue.gif
franken-sarah
It doesn't haveto be naked stuff to make something voyeurism - you might like watching people hoovering... if you're into it and you're watching it.... you, Sir, are a voyeur!! NO, I don't want pictures to watch you drinking - I'm not that sort of voyeur!! huh.gif
Sir Psycho Sexy
i am SO no a voyeur! i was just saying there will be pics about the meet...if you dig a little bit you'll find pics from the last meet...but it is mostly pics of drinking, yeah
franken-sarah
And now you're just getting huffy cos it's late, it's saturday and you didn't go out!! tongue.gif
Sir Psycho Sexy
nah, some housemates went out to some club where you have to wear shoes....flares don't fit in in those places tongue.gif
franken-sarah
Well, I'm old and I'm weary - I must to bed... night *gives Sir P.S. a hug*
Cath Sparrow
QUOTE (Sir_Psycho_Sexy @ Jan 24 2004, 08:35 PM)

I think I'm worried now I've got todrive home on sunday!!!!!! huh.gif
WeeJ
Am I right here? Its the week after next isn't it?
We're still planning on coming up on the Saturday morning.
Only bollock is that w're going to have to actually wake up. In the morning. On a Saturday ffs!!!
CommieBastard
Well, Mata won't...
WeeJ
Hence the whole reason he wanted it in Winchester! He can't be arsed to get out of bed!!! tongue.gif
Queenie
QUOTE (Cath @ Jan 22 2004, 09:13 PM)
Queenie if your interested and can get to chester foraround 2ish on the friday I could give a lift?

awww... ta that would be great if i could have a lift! smile.gif

I think i Pm'd you a while a go aswell...
Mata
QUOTE (franken-sarah @ Jan 24 2004, 12:35 PM)
ohmy.gif Not fair!! I want chilli vodka - and glittery sparkles too!! (Pepper vodka's good too - mmm... vodka) Won't make this meet... when will there be another?? Do you all wear pink carnations or pink, glittery thongs so you recognise each other when you meet up... or is it like a sea of Matazone t-shirts?? biggrin.gif

There should be another one in early-ish summer, around June time I reckon. This one will be in the north, I'm definitely thinking Leeds. My theory runs that if we have a spring one in the south (Winchester), a summer one in the north (Leeds, it's cold up there at the best of times, so sticking to the summer seems like a good idea! smile.gif ) and an autumn one in the midlands (Birmingham) then everyone gets to have a meet that is relatively close to them.

And yes, we all wear pink, glittery thongs to recognise eachother by. They do chafe a little for the chaps but Sean looks fab in them so we're keeping it as the best system.
Sir Psycho Sexy
QUOTE (Mata @ Jan 25 2004, 04:35 PM)
And yes, we all wear pink, glittery thongs to recognise eachother by. They do chafe a little for the chaps but Sean looks fab in them so we're keeping it as the best system.

*panics* I'VE LOST MY THONG

*throws things around looking for it*

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
franken-sarah
biggrin.gif

Thanks Mata, that's good to know - maybe I'll make the next one and drink chilli voddy!! Uh,oh, SPS has lost his thong... don't worry I'll lend you one - or maybe Mata has a spare in case of emergencies??? wink.gif

(SPS if you'd got your place tidied up today, like you were supposed to, you wouldn't have lost your thong!! A lesson to be learnt there me thinks!)
Pixelgoth
There should be another one in early-ish summer, around June time I reckon. This one will be in the north, I'm definitely thinking Leeds.

*cough* Can we have it in Sheffield instead of Leeds? unsure.gif It's easier for the Manchester lot to get to us and, obviously, nearer for Brum and Winchester wink.gif It's on a direct route from both! biggrin.gif
CommieBastard

You don't half push your luck, mate...
WeeJ
Can't the girls wear big, burly man boxers?
Tarantio
QUOTE (franken-sarah @ Jan 24 2004, 12:35 PM)
ohmy.gif  Not fair!! I want chilli vodka - and glittery sparkles too!! (Pepper vodka's good too - mmm... vodka) Won't make this meet... when will there be another?? Do you all wear pink carnations or pink, glittery thongs so you recognise each other when you meet up... or is it like a sea of Matazone t-shirts??  biggrin.gif

There should be another one in early-ish summer, around June time I reckon. This one will be in the north, I'm definitely thinking Leeds. My theory runs that if we have a spring one in the south (Winchester), a summer one in the north (Leeds, it's cold up there at the best of times, so sticking to the summer seems like a good idea! smile.gif ) and an autumn one in the midlands (Birmingham) then everyone gets to have a meet that is relatively close to them.

What about a winter meet in Glasgow too, for the folks who can be bothered hopping on a bus and getting their arses up here for a change. I know plenty of decent bars and theres no shortage of places to stay. It might be a nice thing to do at some point, If you can stomach the cold biggrin.gif
franken-sarah
That's a good idea Tarantio!! But it might just end up being you, me and Porcelain!! Ah, well, we can drink enough to compensate - or have damned good try anyway!! biggrin.gif

Maybe we should fore-go the thongs though and go with Weej's suggestion of big man pants?? huh.gif
WeeJ
QUOTE (franken-sarah @ Jan 28 2004, 09:13 PM)
Maybe we should fore-go the thongs though and go with Weej's suggestion of big man pants?? huh.gif

Well, personally, I shall be wearing these sexy boxers...

I've always wanted a beer gut laugh.gif
franken-sarah
By 'eck love... they're GORGEOUS!!

Cinders.... you shall go to the ball!! tongue.gif
Sir Psycho Sexy
F***[ahem-Mata]

you wait til you try it! tongue.gif
Mata
QUOTE (Sir_Psycho_Sexy @ Jan 29 2004, 12:47 AM)
F***[ahem-Mata]

you wait til you try it! tongue.gif

Fair enough mate, not much more than a week to go.

WeeJ, we will be inspecting your underwear to make sure that you are keeping up your promise on this thread. Pixie will be inspecting your underwear also, but that's a different matter entirely laugh.gif
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (Mata @ Jan 29 2004, 02:45 AM)
Pixie will be inspecting your underwear also, but that's a different matter entirely laugh.gif

Oi! dry.gif I take offense at that remark!!!

laugh.gif

Nah! Who am I kidding!? He's right! wink.gif
WeeJ
QUOTE (Pixiegoth @ Jan 29 2004, 10:31 AM)
QUOTE (Mata @ Jan 29 2004, 02:45 AM)
Pixie will be inspecting your underwear also, but that's a different matter entirely  laugh.gif

Oi! dry.gif I take offense at that remark!!!

laugh.gif

Nah! Who am I kidding!? He's right! wink.gif

Note to self...wear presentable knickers next weekend.

Erm...Well, ok. Maybe we could swap t shirts half way through the night as well? Kind of like footballers biggrin.gif Only with breasts smile.gif
Mingtea
I've decided to pull out of the meet.

so make it -1

thx.
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (WeeJ @ Jan 29 2004, 07:10 PM)
Erm...Well, ok. Maybe we could swap t shirts half way through the night as well? Kind of like footballers biggrin.gif Only with breasts smile.gif

Way hey! biggrin.gif I shall wear my nicest bra and panties too wink.gif
Enslaved
I cant go to the meet coz i'm alla way over in australia but I want in on the underwear inspecting!!!
WeeJ
QUOTE (Enslaved @ Jan 30 2004, 03:42 PM)
I cant go to the meet coz i'm alla way over in australia but I want in on the underwear inspecting!!!

Erm.....no. I don't think so.
Cath Sparrow
I'm with Weej on this 'Attendies only' on the under wear inspecting! biggrin.gif
Tarantio
Okay, final reservations are in for Tara, so I shall be arriving at the king alfred coach stop on the saturday at 11.30 am, and if someone could either meet me or give me directions to get to where we are to meet (if thats not it already) I would greatly appreciate it. I will be staying at the Bellamy's b+b on saturday and sunday, then travelling home at 9.10 from the aforementioned king alfy coach stop on the monday morning. A whole weekend with me, you lucky, lucky sods wink.gif
Sir Psycho Sexy
Oh, just a quick mention, I cleared it with my lecturer, I will be there about 5ish on friday, you see i simply HAVE to be in winchester by then for some family gathering....or something along those lines...still she bought it, see you next friday biggrin.gif
Phyllis
QUOTE (Sir_Psycho_Sexy @ Jan 24 2004, 08:35 PM)

Evil vodka?

EVIL?!

I just can't help but think of Evil Bread when I hear that.

/me eyes SPS suspiciously

Sure there aren't any other extra ingredients aside from the vodka? tongue.gif

Sorry bout the spam....just had to say that. biggrin.gif Hope you all have fun this weekend! smile.gif
phoenix
you guys have fun this weekend... wish i coul dbe there with you all, just think of me being there in some shape or form.. like... "hey look a pebble! its phoenix/emmy!" or something like that tongue.gif

hopefully someday me and weej can do the uk laugh.gif wink.gif
Pixelgoth
Could someone please pick somewhere specific to meet in the station? I am assuming we are still meeting there? unsure.gif I'm arriving at 12.30 and want to pop to the B&B first to drop off my luggage so what time are you lot waiting at the station til? 1pm? unsure.gif
Mata
Right,

Tara, I'm guessing I'll be meeting you at the coach stop. I'll be the tall bloke in an old double-breasted Navy coat and hair cut into three chunks. We'll head somewhere for a cup of tea and then wander up to the station.

Lea, I'll be meeting you there the previous night before we head to the pub to catch up with anyone else who's around. I'll PM you and Tara my number.

The 'official' meet-up on Saturday is at the Winchester train station, in the main bit that's covered over near the ticket office. It's quite small so you'll either be on the wrong side or the right side. If when you look out of the station you are looking at a car park then you're on the wrong side, go down the tunnel and up the stairs on the other side to get to the right place. It's quite cosy up there so I can't imagine that we'll have too much trouble finding eachother.

Our table is booked for 1:30, but the restaurant is about three minute's walk away so we'll leave the station at pretty much bang on 1:30. If you are going to be arriving very close to this time you might want to PM people to exchange phone numbers. Once you're on the correct side of the station to meet everyone, you simply turn right out of the station and walk along the road. At the other end is the restaurant, Manhattens Pizza (just up from the Westgate, a big old lump of the former city walls).

People who are arriving on Friday, if you're going to the Modular Series gig please arrange meeting eachother, otherwise, because everyone is turning up at different times, it'll be easier to say that we just meet in The Railway in the evening. The current plan is for around 8:30pm but there's another thread about Friday night here.
CommieBastard
Alteration of plans: Due to reasons within my control, I will now be coming down on the Saturday at the arranged time.

Also, Succubusalicious isn't coming, sadly.
WeeJ
QUOTE (CommieBastard @ Feb 2 2004, 08:23 PM)
Alteration of plans: Due to reasons within my control, I will now be coming down on the Saturday at the arranged time.

Also, Succubusalicious isn't coming, sadly.

Still pondering whether or not you need a life from New Street Station?
Mr Fuzzy
QUOTE (Sir_Psycho_Sexy @ Feb 2 2004, 01:43 AM)
Oh, just a quick mention, I cleared it with my lecturer, I will be there about 5ish on friday, you see i simply HAVE to be in winchester by then for some family gathering....or something along those lines...still she bought it, see you next friday biggrin.gif

Looks like I might have to show you my local then...
Pixelgoth
OK guys, I've already spoken to Mata about this but Ed won't be coming to the Meet as his Mum's Aunt died on Monday and her funeral is next Monday. This now means that he has to stay home and look after his parents dogs as his parents are going to be away for the weekend. I'm not happy about it but that's not the issue here.

If Ed doesn't go, potentially, neither can I sad.gif

I am trying to sort out getting there as my train ticket is now invalid (need two people to travel and also now need to come back Sunday). The lovely people are Virgin have said that although they can't change my ticket at such short notice they will send me another complimentary one for future use. Ahhh! smile.gif

Anyhoo, I am trying to sort out the logisitics of getting to the West Midlands to get a life with WeeJ and Drarok but it might be problematic as they want to pick me up from New Street Station. I looked at a ticket from Sheffield to B'ham and it's around 28 return which I can't afford. I might be able to drive to Tamworth/Redditch but if I'm driving that far I might as well drive to Winchester however my car is too ickle and old to do that now.

If I don't go at all not only do I lose my 15 B&B deposit (unless I can find some poor soul who needs somewhere to stay to take the room) but I also miss out on seeing you guys sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif

Needless to say this has done nothing for my already plummeting mood this week and I feel poopier than ever sad.gif No offence to any of you going but right now I just wanna stick my head in the sand and forget about this weekend altogether in my usual pessimistic state sad.gif

So, what do I do? Suggestions on the back of stamped addressed envelope to this forum ASAP biggrin.gif
Mata
Right, I don't know about anyone else but I bloomin' well want Pixie at the meet. So, there's currently in the region of 15 of us coming along. Pixie, if you can front the money for the train ticket to B'ham I suggest we have a whip around when you get to Winch and we'll all chuck in a couple of quid until we've coverd it for you.

It's less than a pint of beer and it means a friend gets to have a decent holiday weekend when she needs one. All in favour say 'aye'.
Pixelgoth
QUOTE (Mata @ Feb 4 2004, 12:57 PM)
Right, I don't know about anyone else but I bloomin' well want Pixie at the meet. So, there's currently in the region of 15 of us coming along. Pixie, if you can front the money for the train ticket to B'ham I suggest we have a whip around when you get to Winch and we'll all chuck in a couple of quid until we've coverd it for you.

It's less than a pint of beer and it means a friend gets to have a decent holiday weekend when she needs one. All in favour say 'aye'.

Aw jeez Mata that's so generous of you babe but I'm not sure I can accept right now as I don't know a. how I'm getting to Birmingham or b. if I am going to be able to make it.

Firstly, I have a friend in Northfield who might be able to put me up for the night and I can get WeeJ to pick me up from there on Saturday morning. I would have to drive down but it would mean that I also get to see a dear friend who also happens to have my funky biker boots which I would have had to get to see at some point anyway. Kills two birds with one stone so to speak smile.gif

If he can't put me up then I'm sure he wouldn't mind me leaving my car there and at least staying around to let me have my boots back smile.gif

To put the final spanner in the works InKy a.k.a. Mike has just texted me to say he is in Warrington this weekend and did I fancy a pint! I mean he has the worst timing ever! dry.gif So there is the option of not coming, going to Warrington, having a mini meet and ringing you lot on Saturday to shout drunk obscenities! laugh.gif Also, does anyone know if Leo could make it to Warrington if he can't make it to Winchester?

There are so many different options at the moment I just don't know what to do. None of them can be sorted out easily though sad.gif

If you lot wanna throw money at me then I'll happily take it but please don't feel you have to smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.