Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nervous
The Other Side forums - suitable for mature readers! > The Other Side forums > Daily life
Pages: 1, 2
LoLo
I'm nervous. I have a job interview tomorrow and I really want it and I'm super nervous.

Anyone else nervous out there?
Raven343
I am a little nervous. Going to fly next month and I haven't flown since I came to the states when I was 4. But it is just something I will get over.

Good luck with the interview tomorrow!!!!!!!! biggrin.gif
LoLo
QUOTE (Raven343 @ Apr 13 2003, 06:12 PM)
Good luck with the interview tomorrow!!!!!!!! biggrin.gif [/b][/color]

TY!
kameekins
Yupperz, I wish you luck! Perhaps I'll let you borrow some of my luck, it doesn't help me anyway. *offers up her luck*
Jaq
I'm nervous, I have a bio final on Tuesday and our prof put old tests on hold in the library. Went to get one and it turns out that he's changing the format of the tests from multiple choice to essay. Agh! No more bullshitting! I haven't studied yet and I'm really nervous.

Good luck on your job interview, I'm sure you'll do fine smile.gif
LoLo
Good luck on your test jaq

And TY Kamee I need it!
cheese is funny
im nervous because i have new neighbors... they scare me.... never met them... but they scare me <looks out window> they're staring at me... i know it.... <looks out window> oh god...

good luck with the interview lolo
Industrial Kybosh
You'll be fine.

If it helps, imagine them naked.

If that doesn't work, imagine yourself naked.

If that doesn't work, get naked and run around.

They'll certainly remember you...

Go get 'em, Lo!
LoLo
QUOTE (Industrial Kybosh @ Apr 13 2003, 06:20 PM)
You'll be fine.

If it helps, imagine them naked.

If that doesn't work, imagine yourself naked.

If that doesn't work, get naked and run around.

They'll certainly remember you...

Go get 'em, Lo!

LMAO.......ty for the advice Inky!
CovertYawn
I'm pretty nervous because I'm going out on a date this Monday. Damn women why do you tease me so?

Lolo, ya don't need luck on the interview, I'm pretty damn sure they'll hire you on sight, I would wink.gif
craziness
i think if all of you just relax, you will be ok.
cheese is funny
QUOTE (craziness @ Apr 14 2003, 02:53 AM)
i think if all of you just relax, you will be ok.

i cant relax... i looked out my window and the neighbors daughter was standing outside.. looking back at me... i almost screamed... im going to throw jello (is a fruit) at their house... or something... i wish they would leave me alone...
craziness
cheese, why dont you go up to her and say "hi, i am jon. what is your name? do you like ska? do you like the aquabats?" and if she seems weird than just close your curtains and ignore her. of course jello is a fruit. duh.
Free Psycho
<twitches> I'm never nervous. Or stressed from all the work from school partly because I procrastinate and partly because there really is too much to do within 24 hours. But nope, I'm not stressed. Not me. No way. <twitches>

Good on job interview. Wear a low blouse and bend over A LOT. Hey, that's how I got my schedule changed in high school...it was an accident I tell you!! Really!! I forgot it low cut and slightly see-through...<blinks> Wha?
cheese is funny
QUOTE (craziness @ Apr 14 2003, 02:56 AM)
cheese, why dont you go up to her and say "hi, i am jon. what is your name? do you like ska? do you like the aquabats?" and if she seems weird than just close your curtains and ignore her. of course jello is a fruit. duh.

wanna know why im not going to do that?

1) im WAY to nervous/scared...
2) i have a problem with not having anything to say to people when i first meet them... too awkward...
3) i know shes going to say "whats ska"? "the aquabats"? whats that? then i have to take the time to explain what that all is...
LoLo
QUOTE (Free Psycho @ Apr 13 2003, 06:57 PM)
<twitches> I'm never nervous. Or stressed from all the work from school partly because I procrastinate and partly because there really is too much to do within 24 hours. But nope, I'm not stressed. Not me. No way. <twitches>

Good on job interview. Wear a low blouse and bend over A LOT. Hey, that's how I got my schedule changed in high school...it was an accident I tell you!! Really!! I forgot it low cut and slightly see-through...<blinks> Wha?

I'm interviewing with a woman. lol
Jaq
If she has to get explanations for those things obviously she's too dang normal and you shouldn't be hanging out with such normals.
Sarah the Spider
If she doesn't know what ska is...you should just act like you are really surprised and make up some Russian profanities to scream, then storm into the house.
Free Psycho
LOL-that'll ensure the neighbors will stay away.
Free Psycho
QUOTE (LoLo @ Apr 13 2003, 10:02 PM)
QUOTE (Free Psycho @ Apr 13 2003, 06:57 PM)

I'm interviewing with a woman. lol

LMAO-kinky. No really, you know what wouldn't make you nervous? Keep singing "The Song that Never Ends" in your head and imagine lamb chops with the dread red hair chick singing chorus and then you won't have to worry about being nervous, just bursting out laugh.

Hey, insanity is better than hyper-stressed freak. As opposed to a regular freak...
cheese is funny
QUOTE (Jaq @ Apr 14 2003, 03:02 AM)
If she has to get explanations for those things obviously she's too dang normal and you shouldn't be hanging out with such normals.

normals? normal is an opinion... to me, normal could be one thing, but that could be weird(and is) to other people... normal to other people could be weird for me... and by your diffinition... or what i think your diffinition is, i hang out with normals...
cheese is funny
QUOTE (Sarah the Spider @ Apr 14 2003, 03:03 AM)
If she doesn't know what ska is...you should just act like you are really surprised and make up some Russian profanities to scream, then storm into the house.

lol... with my luck she speaks russian laugh.gif
Free Psycho
QUOTE (cheese is funny @ Apr 13 2003, 10:06 PM)

normals? normal is an opinion... to me, normal could be one thing, but that could be weird(and is) to other people... normal to other people could be weird for me... and by your diffinition... or what i think your diffinition is, i hang out with normals...

Normal is everything out of the ordinary but with a cherry on top. Cause cherries are tasty. dry.gif Well they are!
cheese is funny
QUOTE (Free Psycho @ Apr 14 2003, 03:08 AM)
QUOTE (cheese is funny @ Apr 13 2003, 10:06 PM)

Normal is everything out of the ordinary but with a cherry on top. Cause cherries are tasty. dry.gif Well they are!

i like marichino(sp?) cherries... my brother says they are fake... but i dont care.. what a fake cherries? answer that and ill stop being stupid for a day laugh.gif
Free Psycho
Marachino (..whatever no one here can really spell) are cherry posers in yummy cherry juice...hmmm...artificial flavoring...
cheese is funny
QUOTE (Free Psycho @ Apr 14 2003, 03:11 AM)
Marachino (..whatever no one here can really spell) are cherry posers in yummy cherry juice...hmmm...artificial flavoring...

oh... ok...

<stops being stupid>
Sarah the Spider
Marachino cherries are good, yes...but they are almost real cherries...real cherries are taken and soaked in all that beautiful sugary crap....*drools*
Free Psycho
Ta-da! Mistress Maeve has solved yet another obviously answerable mind-twisters today. Tomorrow...the answer to the classic question of "No really..why was the chicken crossing the road on a busy side street in NYC?"
cheese is funny
QUOTE (Sarah the Spider @ Apr 14 2003, 03:14 AM)
Marachino cherries are good, yes...but they are almost real cherries...real cherries are taken and soaked in all that beautiful sugary crap....*drools*

mmmm... beautiful sugary crap.... <drools>

<chokes on drool>
Free Psycho
QUOTE (cheese is funny @ Apr 13 2003, 10:16 PM)
QUOTE (Sarah the Spider @ Apr 14 2003, 03:14 AM)

mmmm... beautiful sugary crap.... <drools>

<chokes on drool>

Ummm...<slowly backs away from choking body> It wasn't me...<runs>
Jaq
Wait...lemme get this straight...maraschino cherries are...real?!

*awed silence* Wow.
Sarah the Spider
"Real" in a sense. Calling a marachino cherry a cherry is like calling a French fry a potato, ya know...
CrissiLove
um.... *not sure about all the cherry talk* but good luck on your interview LoLo!!! I'm sure you'll do great! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you all day at school tomorrow!!!
Free Psycho
QUOTE (CrissiLove @ Apr 13 2003, 10:25 PM)
um.... *not sure about all the cherry talk* but good luck on your interview LoLo!!! I'm sure you'll do great! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you all day at school tomorrow!!!

NO NO!!! Crossing fingers is bad luck!!! You're giving LoLo bad luck!!! <dives to stop crissi from crossing fingers. Misses and smashes into...hard, solid thing...>
wolfbane
GOOD LUCK lo and Jaw, and cherries and russian profanities for everyone else.
iamtootiredyyyy
Um... good luck everyone! I dont have to be nervous till may when my GCSE's are (i think) or maybe its june... both I think. I dont have to be worried about girls cos they all hate me sad.gif
Sun Tsu
QUOTE (cheese is funny @ Apr 14 2003, 02:55 AM)
i cant relax... i looked out my window and the neighbors daughter was standing outside.. looking back at me... i almost screamed... im going to throw jello (is a fruit) at their house... or something... i wish they would leave me alone...

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm...................................jello! laugh.gif

Sun Tsu
gerbilfromhell
jello has fruity deliciousnish biggrin.gif
jicama
you can through jello at me! green jello! if i moved in next to you, i'd through jello back. then i'd invite you over to watch movies with my friends. if your weren't scared away, you'd be initiated into the group!
Jaq
QUOTE (jicama @ Apr 14 2003, 10:34 PM)
if your weren't scared away, you'd be initiated into the group!

Only if you weren't scared away though. We've scared other's away before...hee. rolleyes.gif
craziness
read why me uncle jonman said to wolfbane about being secure on the "ask jonman" thread. there is some good advice for all of you there.
jicama
QUOTE (Jaq @ Apr 14 2003, 10:36 PM)

Only if you weren't scared away though. We've scared other's away before...hee. rolleyes.gif

so true. heh heh. table dancing.
CrissiLove
*can't wait to hear from LoLo to see how it went!*
Jaq
QUOTE (jicama @ Apr 14 2003, 10:41 PM)

STIG!
jicama
QUOTE (Jaq @ Apr 14 2003, 10:47 PM)
QUOTE (jicama @ Apr 14 2003, 10:41 PM)

STIG!

or remember mr. green sack?!
LoLo
Thank you to all that wished me luck.

The interview seemed to go well they took me in early and it was over within 10 mins, so I was out before I was even supposed to be there.

They asked me some really weird questions like, "Do you think you could come up with smart ass questions if someone threw one at you?" HMmmmmmm can I? lmao

Anyways when I left they said it was looking really good, they just had to interview some more people, and talk to the productions manager then they would give me a call back later this week.

Hopefully I got it. biggrin.gif
CrissiLove
oohhhhh that sounds great!!! I'm glad it went so well!!! biggrin.gif
jicama
QUOTE (LoLo @ Apr 15 2003, 02:33 AM)
Thank you to all that wished me luck.

The interview seemed to go well they took me in early and it was over within 10 mins, so I was out before I was even supposed to be there.

They asked me some really weird questions like, "Do you think you could come up with smart ass questions if someone threw one at you?" HMmmmmmm can I? lmao

Anyways when I left they said it was looking really good, they just had to interview some more people, and talk to the productions manager then they would give me a call back later this week.

Hopefully I got it. biggrin.gif

that is a super great question! i would love to have an interview like that! ...i would love to have an interview...
leopold
Glad it went well for ya LoLo... hope it works out for ya (even tho I'd miss ya bein around)
wolfbane
read why me uncle jonman said to wolfbane about being secure on the "ask jonman" thread. there is some good advice for all of you there.

Feels good because she gave others good advice by proxy!

Glad the interview went well Lo - shall be crossing my paws for you smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.